Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Carnival Rides
Remarkable Massive Statues Of Pharaoh Amenhotep III Discovered In Luxor - Ancient Egypt Reveals More Of Its Secrets I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 5:03 pm by kenlej

» Go Russia
Remarkable Massive Statues Of Pharaoh Amenhotep III Discovered In Luxor - Ancient Egypt Reveals More Of Its Secrets I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
Remarkable Massive Statues Of Pharaoh Amenhotep III Discovered In Luxor - Ancient Egypt Reveals More Of Its Secrets I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
Remarkable Massive Statues Of Pharaoh Amenhotep III Discovered In Luxor - Ancient Egypt Reveals More Of Its Secrets I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Remarkable Massive Statues Of Pharaoh Amenhotep III Discovered In Luxor - Ancient Egypt Reveals More Of Its Secrets I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Remarkable Massive Statues Of Pharaoh Amenhotep III Discovered In Luxor - Ancient Egypt Reveals More Of Its Secrets I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Remarkable Massive Statues Of Pharaoh Amenhotep III Discovered In Luxor - Ancient Egypt Reveals More Of Its Secrets I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Remarkable Massive Statues Of Pharaoh Amenhotep III Discovered In Luxor - Ancient Egypt Reveals More Of Its Secrets I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Remarkable Massive Statues Of Pharaoh Amenhotep III Discovered In Luxor - Ancient Egypt Reveals More Of Its Secrets I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Remarkable Massive Statues Of Pharaoh Amenhotep III Discovered In Luxor - Ancient Egypt Reveals More Of Its Secrets I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Remarkable Massive Statues Of Pharaoh Amenhotep III Discovered In Luxor - Ancient Egypt Reveals More Of Its Secrets I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Remarkable Massive Statues Of Pharaoh Amenhotep III Discovered In Luxor - Ancient Egypt Reveals More Of Its Secrets I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Remarkable Massive Statues Of Pharaoh Amenhotep III Discovered In Luxor - Ancient Egypt Reveals More Of Its Secrets I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Remarkable Massive Statues Of Pharaoh Amenhotep III Discovered In Luxor - Ancient Egypt Reveals More Of Its Secrets I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Remarkable Massive Statues Of Pharaoh Amenhotep III Discovered In Luxor - Ancient Egypt Reveals More Of Its Secrets I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Remarkable Massive Statues Of Pharaoh Amenhotep III Discovered In Luxor - Ancient Egypt Reveals More Of Its Secrets I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Remarkable Massive Statues Of Pharaoh Amenhotep III Discovered In Luxor - Ancient Egypt Reveals More Of Its Secrets I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Remarkable Massive Statues Of Pharaoh Amenhotep III Discovered In Luxor - Ancient Egypt Reveals More Of Its Secrets I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Remarkable Massive Statues Of Pharaoh Amenhotep III Discovered In Luxor - Ancient Egypt Reveals More Of Its Secrets I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Remarkable Massive Statues Of Pharaoh Amenhotep III Discovered In Luxor - Ancient Egypt Reveals More Of Its Secrets I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

Remarkable Massive Statues Of Pharaoh Amenhotep III Discovered In Luxor - Ancient Egypt Reveals More Of Its Secrets

Go down

Remarkable Massive Statues Of Pharaoh Amenhotep III Discovered In Luxor - Ancient Egypt Reveals More Of Its Secrets Empty Remarkable Massive Statues Of Pharaoh Amenhotep III Discovered In Luxor - Ancient Egypt Reveals More Of Its Secrets

Post by Purpleskyz Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:22 pm

Remarkable Massive Statues Of Pharaoh Amenhotep III Discovered In Luxor -
Ancient Egypt Reveals More Of Its Secrets

24 March, 2014

Share this story:
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on email Share on print More Sharing Services
Follow us:

Remarkable Massive Statues Of Pharaoh Amenhotep III Discovered In Luxor - Ancient Egypt Reveals More Of Its Secrets Amenhotep_smallMessageToEagle.com - Archaeologists have made more fascinating discoveries in the land of the Pharaohs. Ancient Egypt simply refuses to be forgotten.

Lately there have been numerous reports coming straight from Egypt revealing some incredible discoveries scientists made there.

Now, it is time for more amazing findings that will hopefully keep the history of Egypt more alive than ever and also bring tourists back.

At least that is what the government in Egypt hopes.

According to Hisham Zaazou, Egyptian Tourism Minister the tourism sector has completely collapsed.

In an interview with the state news agency, Hisham Zaazou said that he plans to make great changes in management to improve conditions

Two massive statues of Pharaoh Amenhotep III have been unveiled in Luxor, Egypt to the public.
The statues of the pharaoh join a pair of already famous giants at the temple known as the Colossi of Memnon - two 16-meter-high images of King Amenhotep III seated on his throne, also made of quartzite.

The two new statues, discovered during excavations at the site, were originally in pieces before being restored and raised to their current standing position at the temple.

Enlarge this image
Remarkable Massive Statues Of Pharaoh Amenhotep III Discovered In Luxor - Ancient Egypt Reveals More Of Its Secrets Amenhotepstat
People can now admire the new statue of Amenhotep III in Luxor.

The unveiling was presided over by German archaeologist Hourig Sourouzian, who heads the temple of Amenhotep III conservation project.

"The world until now knew two Memnon colossi, but from today it will know four colossi of Amenhotep III

Enlarge this image
Remarkable Massive Statues Of Pharaoh Amenhotep III Discovered In Luxor - Ancient Egypt Reveals More Of Its Secrets Amenhotepstat2
Archaeologists also discovered the alabaster head from another Amenhotep III statue.

The statues had lain in pieces for centuries in the fields, damaged by destructive forces of nature like earthquake, and later by irrigation water, salt, encroachment and vandalism, "Sourouzian said.

These newly restored quartzite statues, one of which is more than 11 meters high and weighs 250 tonnes, can be found at the funerary temple of Amenhotep III.

Enlarge this image
Remarkable Massive Statues Of Pharaoh Amenhotep III Discovered In Luxor - Ancient Egypt Reveals More Of Its Secrets Amenhotepstat3

Enlarge this image
Remarkable Massive Statues Of Pharaoh Amenhotep III Discovered In Luxor - Ancient Egypt Reveals More Of Its Secrets Amenhotepstat4
Beside Amenhotep III's right leg stands nearly a complete figure of his wife Tiye

"Archaeologists said with its now missing double crown, the original statue would have reached a height of more than 44ft and weighed 450 tonnes.

Beside his right leg stands nearly a complete figure of Amenhotep III's wife Tiye, wearing a large wig and a long tight-fitting dress. The throne itself is decorated on each side with scenes from that era, showing the unification of Upper and Lower Egypt.

The second statue, of Amenhotep III standing, has been installed at the north gate of the temple.

Enlarge this image
Remarkable Massive Statues Of Pharaoh Amenhotep III Discovered In Luxor - Ancient Egypt Reveals More Of Its Secrets Amenhotepstat5
Ongoing work: The new statues join the Colossi of Memnon, two statues of Pharaoh Amenhotep III in Luxor.

Other artifacts were also unveiled, including parts of other statues of the ancient ruler and his relatives, including a well-preserved alabaster head from another Amenhotep III statue.

This piece is unique, it is rare, because there are not many alabaster statues in the world,' Sourouzian told AFP," Daily Mail reports.

Earlier this month the statue of Amenhoteps III's daughter was unearthed in Luxor.

Remarkable Massive Statues Of Pharaoh Amenhotep III Discovered In Luxor - Ancient Egypt Reveals More Of Its Secrets Isetamehotepsdaughter003

The statue of Princess Iset, the daughter of King Amenhotep |||, has been unearthed by a team of Egyptian and European archeologists. Photo credit: Reuters

Remarkable Massive Statues Of Pharaoh Amenhotep III Discovered In Luxor - Ancient Egypt Reveals More Of Its Secrets Isetamehotepsdaughter001
Click on image to enlarge

The nearly 2-metre tall alabaster statue of Amenhotep III's daughter, dating from approximately 1350 B.C., discovered outside the southern city of Luxor. Credit: AP Photo/Egypt's Antiquities Ministry

"It is a very important discovery because it is the first time to unearth a statue that shows the king with his daughter, alone without her mother, brothers or sister," Minister of Antiquities Mohamed Ibrahim said.

How many more of its ancient secret will Egypt reveal in the near future?

MessageToEagle.com

Follow MessageToEagle.com for the latest news on Facebook and Twitter !

Read more: http://www.messagetoeagle.com/twostatuesamenhotep.php#ixzz2wvuyJ4ct

Thanks to: www.oom2.com

Out Of Mind
www.oom2.com
Remarkable Massive Statues Of Pharaoh Amenhotep III Discovered In Luxor - Ancient Egypt Reveals More Of Its Secrets 2245507099Remarkable Massive Statues Of Pharaoh Amenhotep III Discovered In Luxor - Ancient Egypt Reveals More Of Its Secrets 2245507099
Purpleskyz
Purpleskyz
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum