Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Go Russia
Frugal Living - Is Fab Living I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
Frugal Living - Is Fab Living I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
Frugal Living - Is Fab Living I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Frugal Living - Is Fab Living I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Frugal Living - Is Fab Living I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Frugal Living - Is Fab Living I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Frugal Living - Is Fab Living I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Frugal Living - Is Fab Living I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Frugal Living - Is Fab Living I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Frugal Living - Is Fab Living I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Frugal Living - Is Fab Living I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Frugal Living - Is Fab Living I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Frugal Living - Is Fab Living I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Frugal Living - Is Fab Living I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Frugal Living - Is Fab Living I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Frugal Living - Is Fab Living I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Frugal Living - Is Fab Living I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Frugal Living - Is Fab Living I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Frugal Living - Is Fab Living I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Frugal Living - Is Fab Living I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

Frugal Living - Is Fab Living

2 posters

Go down

Frugal Living - Is Fab Living Empty Frugal Living - Is Fab Living

Post by Ponee Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:18 pm

Just because you are cutting back on expenses does not mean your quality of life has to suffer. In fact, living a more pure and simple life allows you to live better on less money.

Frugal Living - Is Fab Living Woman-with-coupons

To live better on less money your attitude has to be in the right place. "Once you change your focus to what you can do, then your world starts to change," says Joanna Chodorowska, nutrition coach. "Negativity leaves the body and you just feel better."

Focus on buying needs, not wants
"Wants are luxury items and it is not always necessary to bring happiness just because you have a new piece of clothing, shoes or [want to] check out the newest restaurant," says Chodorowksa. She says when shopping, make sure you are buying those things you need, not just items you want. You will soon discover that having money in the bank brings more happiness than a new pair of designer shoes.

Ask for specials
Don't be afraid to pick up the phone and call your cable company, cell phone provider or credit cards to ask if they have any specials you can take advantage of. "Call your cable company and see what specials they have going on and then ask -- I've saved clients 40% on their monthly bills," says CPA Joellen Sommer. "Do the same with your cell phone provider, lose the insurance on your phone... if it breaks, buy a used one or some of the cell phone companies now sell refurbished phones with a one year warranty."

Are wholesale stores worth it?
Wholesale stores, like Costco or Sam's Club, allow you to buy large qualities in bulk, but will you just end up wasting the food? "There's no reason why food should ever go wasted! What you aren't going to eat right away, throw right into the freezer," says Kathy Spencer, author of How to Shop for Free.

Spencer says she does not belong to wholesale clubs. "I'm not a member of any and the reason why is that I can save more money by applying coupons to individual items on sale versus buying a bulk package at a discounted price. Forty small bags of Iams dog food that I scored for nothing is a better deal than a giant bag that has been marked down. Free always wins in my book."

Store credit cards
Spencer says store credit cards do offer perks, but they can also get you in trouble. "Signing up for store credit cards can get you into all kinds of trouble if you're not careful, which is why I always caution my girlfriends to use them sparingly and pay them off immediately," she says. "Why not advocate total abstinence? Because truth be told, having a store credit card can, in many cases, make the difference between a great deal and an AMAZING score. Credit card holders are often rewarded with high value coupons, percentage-off perks and free gifts. Just remember: pay it off ASAP."

Finding designer brands for less

Spencer says you can buy designer clothes for you and for the kids by hitting the clearance sections. "Not all clearance sections are created equal, so it's worth familiarizing yourself with the clearance rack, aisle or bin in every store you shop," she says. "In my neck of the Northeast, the best deals I've found are at Target and Kohl's. For appliances, electronics and baby gear, Target cannot be beat. Their ridiculous markdown schedule gives me goose bumps. At Kohl's, I shop the 80% off clearance racks. I regularly find brand-name denim on those racks for chump change. What woman doesn't love a bootylicious pair of name-brand jeans for two bucks?"

Last edited by Ponee on Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Frugal Living - Is Fab Living Empty Re: Frugal Living - Is Fab Living

Post by Horizon Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:47 pm

I always buy my clothes on the sale rack because most  of the time I can buy 3shirts for less than I can 1!  I shop the better stores like Kolhs, Belk, Dillard's, etc. and even sales for them online.  Most clothes that come new to the store are placed on the sale within 1week or less, the from there get marked down more  not long after. Belk is great for sales at 60-70% off.  My husband hates it sometimes but he is glad I do shop like that.  When you shop these better stores you get better sale prices than Walmart or target because they never mark theirs that low.  Also you get better quality than discount stores.  Now knowing the name brands helps when you go into  a clearance outlet like dirt cheap or burks, most of the time you will know where the clothes came from and can get even bigger savings. 

Groceries is something else I am careful with and try to use coupons, but most of the time forget. I do not shop at Walmart, I shop at our local grocery because the meat is so much better. They run good sales on other things. I find their sales are better and in the long run by the time I drive 25-30 miles to another store I have already saved money. Most of the lower priced items at walmart don't overweight the things that are not cheaper.  I just try to buy a quantity when things are on sale that I use more often. When it comes to the paper goods usually I go to the dollar store because it is cheaper than Walmart and it is right here. 

After any holiday I shop the sales for items I might need for gifts through the year or if I find a clearance rack I always look.  You never know what you may find and I am always thinking ahead of birthdays, Christmas, and such.  Most of the time when there is a last minute gift, maybe a friends birthday or something, maybe just a little happy gift, it is  right there in the closet in the gift box!  With 4 grandchildren you always got to have some little something!
It sure helps, especially when you live a long way from town.  Most of the time it's when I have no money!

Just my thoughts, I am big on sales and getting more for less. 
 cashingIn 

Frugal Living - Is Fab Living Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbUTUwRpDbhT-xIofJl3G31OXoGzOAJS3qKlCApR1lrvZghQYKngbnt9AnaQMakin' Plans...Frugal Living - Is Fab Living 7_6_8

Praise God for all things, and he will give us the desires of our hearts!
Horizon
Horizon
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Frugal Living - Is Fab Living Empty Re: Frugal Living - Is Fab Living

Post by Ponee Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:03 am

When de-cluttering the house and cleaning out closets and drawers, I always pack things up and donate them to Good Will.  The other day, I went in to browse around.  I am so glad I did!  I purchased several new tops with the tags STILL ON THEM for $1.00 - $2.00 a piece, a leather jacket for $5.00 and a whole box of books for a few dollars !  I am hooked!  I can't wait to go back!

I better be careful, or you will be seeing me on the next episode of HOARDERS !!! LOLOL

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum