Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Carnival Rides
7 Easy To Make Homemade Cleaners I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 5:03 pm by kenlej

» Go Russia
7 Easy To Make Homemade Cleaners I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
7 Easy To Make Homemade Cleaners I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
7 Easy To Make Homemade Cleaners I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
7 Easy To Make Homemade Cleaners I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
7 Easy To Make Homemade Cleaners I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
7 Easy To Make Homemade Cleaners I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
7 Easy To Make Homemade Cleaners I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
7 Easy To Make Homemade Cleaners I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
7 Easy To Make Homemade Cleaners I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
7 Easy To Make Homemade Cleaners I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
7 Easy To Make Homemade Cleaners I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
7 Easy To Make Homemade Cleaners I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
7 Easy To Make Homemade Cleaners I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
7 Easy To Make Homemade Cleaners I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
7 Easy To Make Homemade Cleaners I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
7 Easy To Make Homemade Cleaners I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
7 Easy To Make Homemade Cleaners I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
7 Easy To Make Homemade Cleaners I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
7 Easy To Make Homemade Cleaners I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

7 Easy To Make Homemade Cleaners

4 posters

Go down

7 Easy To Make Homemade Cleaners Empty 7 Easy To Make Homemade Cleaners

Post by alleyrose Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:59 pm

7 Easy To Make Homemade Cleaners 7-homemade-cleaners-2-06221-400x300

Why bother making cleaning products, you may ask? For one thing, it’s a very inexpensive idea of using common items you probably already have in your pantry. These recipes are easy to assemble and make cleaning more pleasurable by not having to deal with harsh fumes and nasty chemicals. I just can't tolerate those old cleaners anymore.

It’s amazing how really well they work. They are especially nice when you have little children who want to help Mommy clean and you can feel good knowing that they can squirt and scrub to their hearts content. The wonderful aromas from the essential oils are so nice and smell “natural” compared to the store kinds. Since I've discovered essential oils, chemically, artificial fragrances almost make me sick! It makes cleaning feel like having a “spa moment”! Buying the essential oils might seem a little costly at first, but a little goes a long way and they can be used in so many other ways in your home, as in treating illness and stress.

“Soft Scrub” (this one is my all time favorite. My work horse; works great on my cruddy stove top, as well as cleaning the grime and soap scum in the tub and bathroom sink. Smells good enough to eat!)

1 2/3 c. baking soda
½ c. liquid soap (Dr. Bronner’s)
½ c. water
2 T. white vinegar
Essential oil (optional) ~I like peppermint

Stir soap into baking soda. Add water and stir until smooth. Add vinegar and essential oil and pour into squeeze bottle. Great for tub and bathroom sink.

Whitening Scouring Powder

1 c. baking soda
2 t. cream of tartar
1/8 c. borax
¼ c. grated lemon, orange, or grapefruit peel.
15-20 drops citrus essential oil

Pour into shaker top. Use for deodorizing and cleaning cutting boards, sink, stainless steel, smelly sinks and disposals, picnic coolers, and lunch boxes.

Lemon Blast Appliance Cleaner

1 t. liquid soap
1/8 c. white vinegar
4 drops lemon, lime, or orange essential oil
¼ c. lemon juice
2 c. water
1 t. borax

Combine in a spray bottle

All Purpose Household Cleaner (another fave)

In 16 oz. spray bottle, mix 2 T. white vinegar with 1 t. borax and then fill rest of bottle with very hot water. Shake until borax dissolves and add ¼ c. liquid soap and add 10-15 drops of your favorite essential oil.

Furniture Polish (General Dusting)

Combine in a 16 oz. spray bottle:
2 T. light olive oil
20 drops or more of lemon essential oil
¼ c. white vinegar
Enough distilled water to fill rest of bottle. Shake. Spray a bit onto dust rag.

Glass Cleaner

club soda or ½ spray bottle with water and ½ full with vinegar. Add 8 drops essential oil.

Carpet Freshener

To make a carpet freshener, add 16-20 drops of essential oils to a cup of baking soda. Mix well and place in a covered container overnight so that the oil can be absorbed. Sprinkle over your carpet the next day and then vacuum the powder up.
1 cup baking soda
16-20 drops essential oils

http://inmyhomeabide.blogspot.com.au/2011/02/homemade-cleaners.html

All we have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us.........~Gandalf~

Come visit me: www.alleysplace.net
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alleysplace1/
alleyrose
alleyrose
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

7 Easy To Make Homemade Cleaners Empty Re: 7 Easy To Make Homemade Cleaners

Post by Ponee Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:14 pm

Some really great ideas here!  Thanks for sharing!

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alleyrose Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:19 pm

You're welcome!

All we have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us.........~Gandalf~

alleyrose
alleyrose
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by HezekiaH Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:46 pm

How do I get red wine out of the carpet?

Wealth is what you have when all your money is gone!!!
HezekiaH
HezekiaH
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:12 pm

Razor knife  raspberry 

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

7 Easy To Make Homemade Cleaners 2805820865  7 Easy To Make Homemade Cleaners 2805820865  7 Easy To Make Homemade Cleaners 2805820865  7 Easy To Make Homemade Cleaners 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by alleyrose Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:48 pm

HezekiaH wrote:How do I get red wine out of the carpet?

I think unless you get to that right away you are going to be left with a stain. I would try vinegar but it will be a process!

alleyrose
alleyrose
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum