Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Carnival Rides
Rare Human-Shaped Sarcophagus With An Unidentified Well-Preserved 3,600-Year-Old Mummy Unearthed In Egypt I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 5:03 pm by kenlej

» Go Russia
Rare Human-Shaped Sarcophagus With An Unidentified Well-Preserved 3,600-Year-Old Mummy Unearthed In Egypt I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
Rare Human-Shaped Sarcophagus With An Unidentified Well-Preserved 3,600-Year-Old Mummy Unearthed In Egypt I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
Rare Human-Shaped Sarcophagus With An Unidentified Well-Preserved 3,600-Year-Old Mummy Unearthed In Egypt I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Rare Human-Shaped Sarcophagus With An Unidentified Well-Preserved 3,600-Year-Old Mummy Unearthed In Egypt I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Rare Human-Shaped Sarcophagus With An Unidentified Well-Preserved 3,600-Year-Old Mummy Unearthed In Egypt I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Rare Human-Shaped Sarcophagus With An Unidentified Well-Preserved 3,600-Year-Old Mummy Unearthed In Egypt I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Rare Human-Shaped Sarcophagus With An Unidentified Well-Preserved 3,600-Year-Old Mummy Unearthed In Egypt I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Rare Human-Shaped Sarcophagus With An Unidentified Well-Preserved 3,600-Year-Old Mummy Unearthed In Egypt I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Rare Human-Shaped Sarcophagus With An Unidentified Well-Preserved 3,600-Year-Old Mummy Unearthed In Egypt I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Rare Human-Shaped Sarcophagus With An Unidentified Well-Preserved 3,600-Year-Old Mummy Unearthed In Egypt I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Rare Human-Shaped Sarcophagus With An Unidentified Well-Preserved 3,600-Year-Old Mummy Unearthed In Egypt I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Rare Human-Shaped Sarcophagus With An Unidentified Well-Preserved 3,600-Year-Old Mummy Unearthed In Egypt I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Rare Human-Shaped Sarcophagus With An Unidentified Well-Preserved 3,600-Year-Old Mummy Unearthed In Egypt I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Rare Human-Shaped Sarcophagus With An Unidentified Well-Preserved 3,600-Year-Old Mummy Unearthed In Egypt I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Rare Human-Shaped Sarcophagus With An Unidentified Well-Preserved 3,600-Year-Old Mummy Unearthed In Egypt I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Rare Human-Shaped Sarcophagus With An Unidentified Well-Preserved 3,600-Year-Old Mummy Unearthed In Egypt I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Rare Human-Shaped Sarcophagus With An Unidentified Well-Preserved 3,600-Year-Old Mummy Unearthed In Egypt I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Rare Human-Shaped Sarcophagus With An Unidentified Well-Preserved 3,600-Year-Old Mummy Unearthed In Egypt I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Rare Human-Shaped Sarcophagus With An Unidentified Well-Preserved 3,600-Year-Old Mummy Unearthed In Egypt I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

Rare Human-Shaped Sarcophagus With An Unidentified Well-Preserved 3,600-Year-Old Mummy Unearthed In Egypt

3 posters

Go down

Rare Human-Shaped Sarcophagus With An Unidentified Well-Preserved 3,600-Year-Old Mummy Unearthed In Egypt Empty Rare Human-Shaped Sarcophagus With An Unidentified Well-Preserved 3,600-Year-Old Mummy Unearthed In Egypt

Post by Purpleskyz Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:38 pm

Rare Human-Shaped Sarcophagus With An
Unidentified Well-Preserved 3,600-Year-Old Mummy
Unearthed In Egypt

20 February, 2014

Share this story:
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on email Share on print More Sharing Services
Follow us:

Rare Human-Shaped Sarcophagus With An Unidentified Well-Preserved 3,600-Year-Old Mummy Unearthed In Egypt Raresarco_smallMessageToEagle.com - It is time for yet another surprise straight from the land of the Pharaohs.

Archaeologists working in the ancient city of Luxor, Egypt have made a very rare find. During a dig the found a well- preserved painted, human-shaped sarcophagus that contained a 3,600-year-old mummy.

The mummy dates back to 1600 B.C., when the Pharaonic 17th Dynasty reigned in Egypt.

According to Egypt's state-run Al-Ahram newspaper "the find came during routine excavation work at the tomb of Djehuty, treasure holder for Queen Hatshepsut, at Dra Abul-Naga necropolis.

The sarcophagus is important for the detailed depictions of bird feather shapes and sizes painted on its lid, motifs that have earned it the title of Feathers Sarcophagi, according to Egypt's antiquities minister Mohamed Ibrahim.

Enlarge this image
Rare Human-Shaped Sarcophagus With An Unidentified Well-Preserved 3,600-Year-Old Mummy Unearthed In Egypt Raresarco3

This photo released on Thursday, Feb. 13, 2014 by Egypt's Supreme Council of Antiquities, shows Egyptian men digging up a preserved wooden sarcophagus that dates back to 1600 BC, when the Pharaonic 17th Dynasty reigned, in the ancient city of Luxor, Egypt Image credit: Egypt's Supreme Council Of Antiquities

The 2 metre long, 42 cm tall sarcophagus is in very good condition, Ibrahim said, and also engraved with titles of the deceased, which archeologists have not yet been able to identify.
Studies reveal that the sarcophagus belongs to a top governmental official from the 17th dynasty, whose mummy was enclosed inside, said Ibrahim.

The archeological team found two other burials at the site, which were both empty. It is believed that they were robbed in antiquity."

Enlarge this image
Rare Human-Shaped Sarcophagus With An Unidentified Well-Preserved 3,600-Year-Old Mummy Unearthed In Egypt Raresarco
A sarcophagus with a mummy inside that dates back to 1600 B.C. has been unearthed in the ancient Egyptian city of Luxor. Image credit: Egypt's Supreme Council Of Antiquities

Enlarge this image
Rare Human-Shaped Sarcophagus With An Unidentified Well-Preserved 3,600-Year-Old Mummy Unearthed In Egypt Raresarco2
The identity of the mummy is unknown for the moment. Image credit: Egypt's Supreme Council Of Antiquities

The excavations in the area will continue and scientists will attempt to identity the well-preserved mummy.

Recent weeks have been filled with success for Egyptian archaeologists. Recently during excavation work carried out inside a mastaba tomb found in Tel El-Tabila in Dakahliya, a collection of three skeletons, a large collection of ushabti figurines and two tombs were uncovered.

Beside the skeleton scientists discovered a collection of 14 amulets. The most important amulet is one depicting the Triod gods of Amun, Horus and Neftis.

MessageToEagle.com

Read more: http://www.messagetoeagle.com/egypthumanshapedsarcophagus.php#ixzz2tpEtcSvc

Thanks to: www.oom2.com

Out Of Mind
www.oom2.com
Rare Human-Shaped Sarcophagus With An Unidentified Well-Preserved 3,600-Year-Old Mummy Unearthed In Egypt 2245507099Rare Human-Shaped Sarcophagus With An Unidentified Well-Preserved 3,600-Year-Old Mummy Unearthed In Egypt 2245507099
Purpleskyz
Purpleskyz
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Rare Human-Shaped Sarcophagus With An Unidentified Well-Preserved 3,600-Year-Old Mummy Unearthed In Egypt Empty Re: Rare Human-Shaped Sarcophagus With An Unidentified Well-Preserved 3,600-Year-Old Mummy Unearthed In Egypt

Post by dinarstar Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:42 pm

Wow!! that's awesome!!

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It's the courage to continue that counts."
Winston Churchill
(1874-1965)
hug

dinarstar
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Rare Human-Shaped Sarcophagus With An Unidentified Well-Preserved 3,600-Year-Old Mummy Unearthed In Egypt Empty Re: Rare Human-Shaped Sarcophagus With An Unidentified Well-Preserved 3,600-Year-Old Mummy Unearthed In Egypt

Post by Purpleskyz Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:53 pm

I wonder who it was?

Out Of Mind
www.oom2.com
Rare Human-Shaped Sarcophagus With An Unidentified Well-Preserved 3,600-Year-Old Mummy Unearthed In Egypt 2245507099Rare Human-Shaped Sarcophagus With An Unidentified Well-Preserved 3,600-Year-Old Mummy Unearthed In Egypt 2245507099
Purpleskyz
Purpleskyz
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dinarstar Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:19 pm

PS it has to have been someone of note, in those days I am sure the process was not only expensive, but would have been reserved for an elite few. It is fantastic, how these artifacts could be preserved for our discovery after thousands of years. I am fascinated by this stuff, and spend much of my spare time on this box reading, reading and reading some more, about things just like this.
Archaeology would have been high up on my career list if I had my days over again... with what I know now of course.
I did go on a couple of expeditions in Africa though in my youth... gosh... can I even recall  Wink  searching for lost cities, that was darn interesting.
Keep 'em coming, you have a fan right here!!

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It's the courage to continue that counts."
Winston Churchill
(1874-1965)
hug

dinarstar
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponee Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:41 am

I find these history discoveries amazing!

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum