Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Go Russia
Liquidity - Net Worth - Net Income I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
Liquidity - Net Worth - Net Income I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
Liquidity - Net Worth - Net Income I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Liquidity - Net Worth - Net Income I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Liquidity - Net Worth - Net Income I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Liquidity - Net Worth - Net Income I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Liquidity - Net Worth - Net Income I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Liquidity - Net Worth - Net Income I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Liquidity - Net Worth - Net Income I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Liquidity - Net Worth - Net Income I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Liquidity - Net Worth - Net Income I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Liquidity - Net Worth - Net Income I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Liquidity - Net Worth - Net Income I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Liquidity - Net Worth - Net Income I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Liquidity - Net Worth - Net Income I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Liquidity - Net Worth - Net Income I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Liquidity - Net Worth - Net Income I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Liquidity - Net Worth - Net Income I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Liquidity - Net Worth - Net Income I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Liquidity - Net Worth - Net Income I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

Liquidity - Net Worth - Net Income

2 posters

Go down

Liquidity - Net Worth - Net Income Empty Liquidity - Net Worth - Net Income

Post by UNEEK Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:48 pm

Liquidity - Net Worth - Net Income 1373924052
Liquidity, Net Worth, and Net Income Are the Holy Trinity of Getting Rich
By Joshua Kennon

The Three Things You Need to Focus On If You Want More Money

"Liquidity, Net Worth, and Net Income"

Do you want to get rich? The answer lies in growing your liquidity, net worth, and net income.

If you want to know how to get rich, the secret comes down to three things:

Liquidity

Net Worth

Income (Profitability)

Your job is to maximize the three in a way that is consistent with living the life you desire, while doing whatever it is you love to do.  Your goal is not to die with the highest net worth possible. 

If you want to be financially independent, you should strive to increase the percentage of your household's earnings that originates as passive income each year so your family doesn't have to rely on your labor to put food on the table, clothes on their backs, and a warm fire in the fireplace.

A family earning $500,000 from the income of a heart surgeon breadwinner is in a much riskier place than a family earning $500,000 in investment income from a portfolio of rental properties, bonds, and blue chip stocks, which will continue chugging out dividends, interest, and rents even if the breadwinner dies or is incapacitated.

To better understand each of the holy trio of wealth building, let's examine them individually.

Liquidity: The Liquid Resources You Keep on Hand for Opportunity or to Pay Bills

Liquidity refers to how quickly you can convert your money into cash that can be spent or invested.  In the past, we've examined the importance of liquidity and liquid assets so you already know this is a vital part of a good financial plan. 

It is possible to make a lot of money, enjoy tremendous success, and still find yourself in bankruptcy court because you didn't manage your liquidity needs well.  Nearly all bankruptcy filings are ultimately the result of liquidity shortfalls; a bill or debt comes due and the money isn't in the bank.

Default is triggered, setting in motion a chain of events that can be very expensive and financially devestating.

This is the reason many financial advisors insist on having enough cash on hand or in the bank to cover six months worth of expenses so you or your business could survive without any income. 

Some famous business leaders took this policy to the extreme.  Currently, Warren Buffett at Berkshire Hathaway is hanging onto more than $40 billion.  In the early years, Bill Gates of Microsoft kept the company completely debt-free and had enough cash to cover all of his expenses and payroll for a minimum of one year, even if they didn't sell a single item, giving him twelve months to adapt or shut down without wiping out his family's personal resources.

Cash is king, and you should always have a decent amount of it available to protect yourself in the event of unpleasant surprises or in case opportunities come up that you didn't expect.

Investors who had cash and other forms of liquidity on hand during the Great Recession were able to get fantastic deals on stocks and bonds that were available at fire sale prices.

Net Worth: Assets Minus Liabilities

Your net worth is what you would have left if you sold everything you own and paid off all of your debts.  If you are successful, over time, your net worth should climb ever-higher. 

It won't be a steady, gentle, upward slope, especially if you are a long-term investor in the stock market, but that is the nature of life; I call it the Cinderella Principle.  It is best to judge your progress in five-year rolling periods.

You should also focus on the quality and diversification of your net worth. 

Two investors, both of whom are worth $2,000,000, might look the same on paper but if one owns a very successful, debt-free private company that has strong competitive advantages and the other has a portfolio of run-down rental houses in a bad part of town that is depreciating rapidly and falling into a spiral of unemployment and crime, the second guy has a much lower quality net worth because it is built on a less stable foundation. 

Profitability: Your Bottom-Line After-Tax Net Income

A profit is when you bring more money in than you pay out, leaving a surplus.  Profit is how you grow your net worth.  Profit can be used to pay down debt, build liquidity, fund investments, or give to charity.  You can measure your profitability in two ways:

Profit Margins: There is the gross profit margin, operating profit margin, and net profit margin.

Return on Capital: There is Return on Assets and Return on Equity

However you choose to measure your profitability, make it higher as time passes.  You should be generating a bigger profit at 30 than you were at 20; at 50 than you were at 40.  

Getting Rich Really Is As Simple As Focusing on the 3-Item Checklist

It may seem too easy, but those of you who are smart enough, disciplined enough, and have a bit of luck along the way, can vastly improve the circumstances of your life by arranging your family's balance sheet to focus on liquidity, net worth, and net income.  When you do this, you avoid many of the common traps that ensnare the average American, such as credit card debt or student loan debt.
  LINK

Greatness lies, not in being strong, but in the right using of strength; and strength is not used rightly when it serves only to carry a man above his fellows for his own solitary glory. He is the greatest whose strength carries up the most hearts by the attraction of his own -- Bryant

“When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself.” ― Wayne W. Dyer

To be persuasive, one must be believable;
To be believable, one must be credible;
To be credible, one must be truthful.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
UNEEK
UNEEK
VIP FEATURED MEMBER
VIP FEATURED MEMBER

http://souljourney.lefora.com/

Back to top Go down

Liquidity - Net Worth - Net Income Empty Re: Liquidity - Net Worth - Net Income

Post by Ponee Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:44 pm

Great post to revisit

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UNEEK Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:12 pm

Thanks Ponee - This was a very interesting post - thanks for the bump -- and by the way -- I really like the new  look -

Greatness lies, not in being strong, but in the right using of strength; and strength is not used rightly when it serves only to carry a man above his fellows for his own solitary glory. He is the greatest whose strength carries up the most hearts by the attraction of his own -- Bryant

“When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself.” ― Wayne W. Dyer

UNEEK
UNEEK
VIP FEATURED MEMBER
VIP FEATURED MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponee Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:29 pm

Thank you Uneek. I needed a change. Not only in the look of the forum, but in the some of the reading material.  As you know, I enjoy revisiting your forum.  I especially like finding posts that I missed in the past like this one.

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UNEEK Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:26 pm

AWWWWW thanks Ponee ----  I agree with you on a change in reading material -- lol ---  I have been super busy  OMG    really busy -- but will see if I can find something to add soon --   I had kinda lost motivation  with all the drama   -  ((HUGS))   I hope things on the home front are good -- UNEEK

UNEEK
UNEEK
VIP FEATURED MEMBER
VIP FEATURED MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum