Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Go Russia
THE BRIDGE I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
THE BRIDGE I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
THE BRIDGE I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
THE BRIDGE I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
THE BRIDGE I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
THE BRIDGE I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
THE BRIDGE I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
THE BRIDGE I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
THE BRIDGE I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
THE BRIDGE I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
THE BRIDGE I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
THE BRIDGE I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
THE BRIDGE I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
THE BRIDGE I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
THE BRIDGE I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
THE BRIDGE I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
THE BRIDGE I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
THE BRIDGE I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
THE BRIDGE I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
THE BRIDGE I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

THE BRIDGE

5 posters

Go down

THE BRIDGE Empty THE BRIDGE

Post by UNEEK Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:46 am

Long ago there were two brothers who loved each other very much as their parents had taught them. They lived on adjoining farms only divided by a small creek bed that they had bought as their parents got older so they could be together.

One day they fell into a conflict with one another. It was the first serious rift in 40 some odd years of their lives. Years of farming the land of their farms had come and gone.

They bought machinery together and used it between them without any disagreements. They shared crops when one or the other was not so productive in the season. They traded labor and goods as needed without a hitch.

Then the long collaboration fell apart. It began with a small misunderstanding one day when one was in a bad mood and it finally exploded into an exchange of bitter words then silence between the two.

Brotherly love just flew out the door because they were exceeding their pride in each one being right no matter the cost at the moment. It went on for months, even though both were lonely and missed his brother, pride just would not let them solve the issue.

Both went to the same church and silently prayed for a blessing to correct this between them but wouldn't humble themselves enough to find peace. They sat separately from one another and people in the church could tell they had problems but would not inquire for fear of upsetting one or the other. Both were highly respected in the community. They loved their God as their parents had taught them.

One morning there was a loud knock on one brother's door. He opened it to find a man with carpenters toolbox in hand. He was a stranger in the area but looked humble enough. He was a man of medium build with a beard and slim face and there was something about his eyes and voice that made him trust worthy.

"I'm looking for a few days work, perhaps you would have some small jobs around your farm that I could help with". The brother thought for a minute and then the thought hit him, " I do have a job you can do for me". I want a fence built on my side of the small creek bed that divides my land from that farm across the way so I don't have to look at it over there any more. "That's my neighbor, matter's fact that's my younger brother".

Last week there was a beautiful meadow between us and he took his bulldozer to it and destroyed its beautiful looks, he also took it and widened the little creek so it was wider and now deeper than ever. I know he did this to spite me, so I will do him one better.

See that pile of lumber over there by the barn? I want you to build me a fence....an 8 ft tall fence so I want need to see his place or his face anymore.

The carpenter listened with concern and said, "I think I understand the situation you have and I will fix it. Show me the nails and the post-hole digger and i'll be able to do a job that please you. The older brother had to go to town so he helped the carpenter get the materials ready and then he was off for the day.

It was morning and the carpenter had all day and he work hard sawing, nailing and measuring. About sunset the older brother returned and the carpenter had just finished his job. The farmer eye's opened wide, his jaw dropped.

There  was no fence there at all. It was a bridge, a bridge stretching from one side of the now deeper creek to the other. A fine peace of work, hand rails and all.

While he was standing on the new bridge still wondering whether to get mad at the carpenter for not following his wishes, he looked up and there was his brother coming across the other side with his hand out stretched.

You are quite a fellow to build this bridge between us after all I have said and done, can you forgive me. Let this day pass with thanksgiving that we have admitted our wrongs and ask forgiveness of one another to live in peace and love as brothers should.

As they were embracing and rejoicing to one another, they looked around to see that the carpenter had gone but left a peace of paper laying on the ground right in front of the entrance to the bridge.

The brothers walked over to see what it was and it said, "This bridge was built to make amends between the two of you. You owe me nothing, it was a pleasure and I would love to stay and chat with you but I have many more bridges to build and more lives to repair.

Please remember that I am always here for you now and always.............Jesus

Lo I will be with you always, even till the end of the world. Jesus will repair our broken addicted lives if we will lay it at his in honesty. This is a lesson in life that there are many out there like this that need some kind of repairing.

Pride and arrogance will hold you back and destroy the lives of friends and families. This is just what Satan is looking for division among us. He knows as long as there is division that love will fade away and if love fades away he has conquered a life away from God.

Small words or deeds can cause a lifetime of guilt deep down inside for what we should have done and didn't because pride took over. Just as this story is written, ask yourself this, "Where would these two brothers have been in life if it wasn't for Jesus building that bridge between them.

More than likely they would lived until life ceased without being forgiven for they deeds. Jesus if you can't find it in your heart to forgive thy brother there will be no forgiveness for you. Think about it.

Last edited by UNEEK on Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:50 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : FORMATTING)

Greatness lies, not in being strong, but in the right using of strength; and strength is not used rightly when it serves only to carry a man above his fellows for his own solitary glory. He is the greatest whose strength carries up the most hearts by the attraction of his own -- Bryant

“When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself.” ― Wayne W. Dyer

To be persuasive, one must be believable;
To be believable, one must be credible;
To be credible, one must be truthful.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
UNEEK
UNEEK
VIP FEATURED MEMBER
VIP FEATURED MEMBER

http://souljourney.lefora.com/

Back to top Go down

THE BRIDGE Empty Re: THE BRIDGE

Post by Horizon Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:59 pm

Beautiful! I see this in so many families, brothers and sisters that can't forgive, or friends etc.  God wants us to forgive, so he can forgive us!  By not forgiving it hold God back from giving us more blessings in our life!angel2

THE BRIDGE Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbUTUwRpDbhT-xIofJl3G31OXoGzOAJS3qKlCApR1lrvZghQYKngbnt9AnaQMakin' Plans...THE BRIDGE 7_6_8

Praise God for all things, and he will give us the desires of our hearts!
Horizon
Horizon
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Terbo56 Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:29 pm

Billy Joel's CD, 'The Bridge', the song, 'It's a Matter of Trust'- 1987
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayzze Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:49 pm

very true excellent read maybe it should be posted for certain gurus to read then practice what they claim to be instead of lies and deceit
Jayzze
Jayzze
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Terbo56 Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:56 pm

Nobody pays me in 'gum'-
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:52 pm

:yes:

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

THE BRIDGE 2805820865  THE BRIDGE 2805820865  THE BRIDGE 2805820865  THE BRIDGE 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Terbo56 Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:53 pm

We'll all cross that 'bridge' when we get to it-
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member