Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Carnival Rides
Syria/U.S. News  - What John McCain Doesn’t Know I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 5:03 pm by kenlej

» Go Russia
Syria/U.S. News  - What John McCain Doesn’t Know I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
Syria/U.S. News  - What John McCain Doesn’t Know I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
Syria/U.S. News  - What John McCain Doesn’t Know I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Syria/U.S. News  - What John McCain Doesn’t Know I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Syria/U.S. News  - What John McCain Doesn’t Know I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Syria/U.S. News  - What John McCain Doesn’t Know I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Syria/U.S. News  - What John McCain Doesn’t Know I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Syria/U.S. News  - What John McCain Doesn’t Know I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Syria/U.S. News  - What John McCain Doesn’t Know I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Syria/U.S. News  - What John McCain Doesn’t Know I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Syria/U.S. News  - What John McCain Doesn’t Know I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Syria/U.S. News  - What John McCain Doesn’t Know I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Syria/U.S. News  - What John McCain Doesn’t Know I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Syria/U.S. News  - What John McCain Doesn’t Know I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Syria/U.S. News  - What John McCain Doesn’t Know I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Syria/U.S. News  - What John McCain Doesn’t Know I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Syria/U.S. News  - What John McCain Doesn’t Know I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Syria/U.S. News  - What John McCain Doesn’t Know I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Syria/U.S. News  - What John McCain Doesn’t Know I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

Syria/U.S. News - What John McCain Doesn’t Know

3 posters

Go down

Syria/U.S. News  - What John McCain Doesn’t Know Empty Syria/U.S. News - What John McCain Doesn’t Know

Post by Ponee Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:16 pm

After reading this, it just made me realize even more that the US government has no clue what they are doing in regards to foreign countries.

Syria/U.S. News  - What John McCain Doesn’t Know Banner-inthearenaSyria

What John McCain Doesn’t Know

By Joe Klein

Read more: http://swampland.time.com/2013/05/30/what-john-mccain-doesnt-know/#ixzz2VjyCIWYa
Senator McCain made a well-publicized trip to Syria and may have posed with extremist kidnappers.

I don’t blame McCain for this. It’s hard to advance a trip into rebel territory. A few years ago, McCain made a well-publicized walk through a Baghdad market, didn’t get shot at, and pronounced major progress in Iraq afterward. A few weeks later, I made the same walk but actually spoke to the shopkeepers—all of whom were supporters of Muqtada al-Sadr, the Shi’ite militia leader.

The point is: We just don’t know these places well enough to go over and draw grand conclusions about policy. In a way, McCain’s trip is a perfect metaphor for the problem of involving ourselves with the Syrian rebels. We may be siding with the greater evil. We may be throwing fuel on a fire that could consume the region. Our track record when it comes to such things is dismal.

It is frustrating to watch Syria unravel, especially for those of us who have great affection for the Syrian people. (Damascus is one of my favorite cities in the region.) It is possible that our involvement might tamp down the slaughter—but far more likely that it will be seen as another neo-colonial intervention that will only make things worse. (Israel, on the other hand, has a direct national interest in making sure that Assad and, especially, Hizballah, don’t receive weapons from Russia or Iran that will change the balance of power in the region.)

We may be heading for a regional Sunni-Shi’a confrontation. It could last a decade or more. We should be prepared to involve ourselves diplomatically in an aggressive fashion. We should be ready with humanitarian assistance when necessary. But we must be very, very careful–as President Obama has been–about military involvement of any sort.

DD
Read more: http://swampland.time.com/2013/05/30/what-john-mccain-doesnt-know/#ixzz2VjxJUZK8

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Syria/U.S. News  - What John McCain Doesn’t Know Empty Re: Syria/U.S. News - What John McCain Doesn’t Know

Post by Jayzze Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:48 pm

they had an hour special on cnn last night about libya and it goes for thec rest of the mid east.they overthur the dictator and still unrest because these dictators keep the people poor and uneducated and the sedcts keep fighting even though the dictator is gone. this very well can apply to iraq
Jayzze
Jayzze
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Syria/U.S. News  - What John McCain Doesn’t Know Empty Re: Syria/U.S. News - What John McCain Doesn’t Know

Post by Kevind53 Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:16 pm

Yes it very well can. Keep in mind in reading these articles, it is very easy for these talking head types to sit back and say they should be doing this or that, but in the end, they are just talking heads hyping whatever point of view they are paid to hype. They do not have all the facts, and they get paid the same whether or not they are correct. Heck, no one will remember what they said three months from now anyway, so they can just parrot the current prattle whatever that supports their agenda happens to be.

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

Syria/U.S. News  - What John McCain Doesn’t Know 2805820865  Syria/U.S. News  - What John McCain Doesn’t Know 2805820865  Syria/U.S. News  - What John McCain Doesn’t Know 2805820865  Syria/U.S. News  - What John McCain Doesn’t Know 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum