Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Carnival Rides
HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY--Where did you serve? I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 5:03 pm by kenlej

» Go Russia
HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY--Where did you serve? I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY--Where did you serve? I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY--Where did you serve? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY--Where did you serve? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY--Where did you serve? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY--Where did you serve? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY--Where did you serve? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY--Where did you serve? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY--Where did you serve? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY--Where did you serve? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY--Where did you serve? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY--Where did you serve? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY--Where did you serve? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY--Where did you serve? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY--Where did you serve? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY--Where did you serve? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY--Where did you serve? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY--Where did you serve? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY--Where did you serve? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY--Where did you serve?

+7
alleyrose
rick152
Catherine
Kevind53
SEBtopdog
abby ann
Horizon
11 posters

Go down

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY--Where did you serve? Empty HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY--Where did you serve?

Post by Horizon Fri May 25, 2012 10:57 am

Wishing you and your loved ones a safe and happy Memorial Day.

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY--Where did you serve? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRJxGyXd6CKEa63MgarINKpDIlGvFHm9cBbbf2Z24lFbN9_DDn7yw

"For love of country they accepted death..."  ~James A. Garfield

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY--Where did you serve? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR3TYFy-RVXUHBf7HmWZ6yazYtces9wMhT8tF3amOWvxZjc_0p0--L_gR7oHAPPY MEMORIAL DAY--Where did you serve? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQRHewnfZoXAQ8F9m31rzhNYIh2Pwkypmyu_FdVCdKkeB5xVoX8uw

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY--Where did you serve? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTuKlliPc6jEOMWdISHqq2dQcelOWGfn0msk2RQ4sXvUzm-tweIaVkgo89AJA

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY--Where did you serve? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbUTUwRpDbhT-xIofJl3G31OXoGzOAJS3qKlCApR1lrvZghQYKngbnt9AnaQMakin' Plans...HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY--Where did you serve? 7_6_8

Praise God for all things, and he will give us the desires of our hearts!
Horizon
Horizon
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY--Where did you serve? Empty Re: HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY--Where did you serve?

Post by abby ann Fri May 25, 2012 11:12 am

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY TO YOU HORIZON!!!!AND TO ALL !!!!!!!

Last edited by abby ann on Fri May 25, 2012 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
abby ann
abby ann
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY--Where did you serve? Empty Re: HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY--Where did you serve?

Post by SEBtopdog Fri May 25, 2012 1:25 pm

Very nice tribute, horizon. When I was growing up, everyone called it "Decoration Day." Everyone went to the cemeteries and took fresh flowers (usually peonies, daffodils and lilacs if there were any still blooming) to decorate the graves of loved ones, not just veterans, but all who had passed on. Our day always started that way, and then we'd have a picnic in the afternoon. It was a lovely way to officially kick off the summer season.

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY--Where did you serve? Emoticon-animal-028

Keep smiling ... It'll make 'em wonder what you're up to!

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY--Where did you serve? Bump~0 Will someone please let the RV Widget out of the jar?
SEBtopdog
SEBtopdog
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Fri May 25, 2012 1:29 pm

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY--Where did you serve? Memori10

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY--Where did you serve? 2805820865  HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY--Where did you serve? 2805820865  HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY--Where did you serve? 2805820865  HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY--Where did you serve? 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by SEBtopdog Fri May 25, 2012 2:07 pm

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY--Where did you serve? Bump~0 Will someone please let the RV Widget out of the jar?
SEBtopdog
SEBtopdog
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Horizon Fri May 25, 2012 11:05 pm

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY--Where did you serve? Download?mid=2%5f0%5f0%5f1%5f13451891%5fALHHtEQAAQ5zT7tq1gEoeW5kEoU&pid=2

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY--Where did you serve? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbUTUwRpDbhT-xIofJl3G31OXoGzOAJS3qKlCApR1lrvZghQYKngbnt9AnaQMakin' Plans...HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY--Where did you serve? 7_6_8

Praise God for all things, and he will give us the desires of our hearts!
Horizon
Horizon
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Catherine Sat May 26, 2012 12:54 am

COME ON...
RV ALREADY!

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY--Where did you serve? Smiley-happy093HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY--Where did you serve? 7_11_117HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY--Where did you serve? Smiley-happy093
Catherine
Catherine
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by rick152 Sat May 26, 2012 12:58 am

Nice video Catherine Thank you

Love understands, Love supports, comforts and, cares for. Love forgives. Love also honors, respects and, believes
so please;
Love each other and yourself ...rick152
rick152
rick152
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by alleyrose Sat May 26, 2012 1:08 am

Happy memorial day guys, it's must be the same as our Anzac day we have over here, either way they are very important days and we must not forget those who have fought and continue to fight for our freedom!

All we have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us.........~Gandalf~

Come visit me: www.alleysplace.net
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alleysplace1/
alleyrose
alleyrose
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by SEBtopdog Sat May 26, 2012 11:09 am

Thanks, alleyrose. When is your Anzac Day observed?

SEBtopdog
SEBtopdog
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by alleyrose Sat May 26, 2012 7:02 pm

Our Anzac Day is April 25th so we have not long had it. Its a very important day for past and present soldiers.

All we have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us.........~Gandalf~

Come visit me: www.alleysplace.net
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alleysplace1/
alleyrose
alleyrose
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY--Where did you serve? Empty VETERANS / MEMBERS

Post by Steve Raymond Sun May 27, 2012 1:10 pm

THIS SITE, TO ME, IS AS MUCH OF A SOCIAL NETWORKING SITE, AS IT IS A GREAT PLACE TO GAIN DINAR RELATED INFO. IN LIGHT OF THIS BEING MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND, I THINK IT WOULD BE INTERESTING TO KNOW WHAT PERCENTAGE OF MEMBERS HAVE SERVED IN THE ARMED FORCES ?

Steve Raymond

Back to top Go down

Post by Catherine Sun May 27, 2012 1:14 pm

Steve Raymond wrote:THIS SITE, TO ME, IS AS MUCH OF A SOCIAL NETWORKING SITE, AS IT IS A GREAT PLACE TO GAIN DINAR RELATED INFO. IN LIGHT OF THIS BEING MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND, I THINK IT WOULD BE INTERESTING TO KNOW WHAT PERCENTAGE OF MEMBERS HAVE SERVED IN THE ARMED FORCES ?

That's a really good question Steve! I have not served but appreciate all those who did and who are currently serving our country.

COME ON...
RV ALREADY!

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY--Where did you serve? Smiley-happy093HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY--Where did you serve? 7_11_117HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY--Where did you serve? Smiley-happy093
Catherine
Catherine
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by rick152 Sun May 27, 2012 2:02 pm

I served...U S Navy (non-war time however)

Love understands, Love supports, comforts and, cares for. Love forgives. Love also honors, respects and, believes
so please;
rick152
rick152
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Raymond Sun May 27, 2012 2:34 pm

rick152 wrote:I served...U S Navy (non-war time however)

I served in a non-war era as well, however it has still left its mark on me. You know, once a Marine... one of my favorite quotes, on the topic of military service, "Some gave all, all gave some". I fall in to the "...all gave some" portion of that quote. Oddly enough, even those who served in the service during a war-time era will tell you that the real hero's are the ones who gave all. This in no way diminishes the service of those of us who were willing to give all. The portion they gave of themselves is still of great significance. HAPPY VETERANS DAY.

Steve Raymond

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Raymond Sun May 27, 2012 2:51 pm

Catherine wrote:
That's a really good question Steve! I have not served but appreciate all those who did and who are currently serving our country.

Thanks Catherine. I have done some checking around with the elder members of my family and found that our family members have participated in the military service as far back as the Spanish-American war. One is retired from service in the Army. He served during WWII, Korea and Vietnam as a para-trooper and in (EOD) explosive ordinance disposal. He is now happily retired from military service, in a nice warm climate. Another served in the 1st Gulf war. Still others serve today in various branches of the US military and are away from their homes and loved ones.

MAY GOD BLESS THEM ALL.

Steve Raymond

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Sun May 27, 2012 2:51 pm

Vietnam era vet in the USCG but by the grace of God never in theater. Was in for two hitches, so also saw the Cuban Boatlift, and was involved with the beginning of Reagan's war on drugs. Saw some pretty intense moments in the Caribbean with that.

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY--Where did you serve? 2805820865  HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY--Where did you serve? 2805820865  HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY--Where did you serve? 2805820865  HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY--Where did you serve? 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by rick152 Sun May 27, 2012 3:14 pm

I was what was called a "black shoe E T" aka Regular Navy electronics tech

so please;
rick152
rick152
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Sun May 27, 2012 4:23 pm

Basically that's what I was as well ... E-6 ET on discharge. Was E-7 SWE eligible had I stayed in.

Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by fang2 Sun May 27, 2012 6:13 pm

Horizon, I had it the same growing up! It was a time to decorate the grave's of family members passing on . I would go to my grandmother's house and we would make flowers out of crepe paper and attach them to wires for stems with the leaves and then we would dip them in wax. We would make these wreaths for all family members who had passed on every memorial day when I was growing up as a small child. It was a great time, then we had a big feast.
fang2
fang2
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiac99 Sun May 27, 2012 8:41 pm

6 years active-duty Army for me. It was all peacetime. Grenada was the only thing that happened while I was in.
Cardiac99
Cardiac99
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Catherine Sun May 27, 2012 9:13 pm

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY--Where did you serve? Images33

COME ON...
RV ALREADY!

Catherine
Catherine
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Catherine Sun May 27, 2012 9:16 pm

Steve Raymond wrote:

I served in a non-war era as well, however it has still left its mark on me. You know, once a Marine... one of my favorite quotes, on the topic of military service, "Some gave all, all gave some". I fall in to the "...all gave some" portion of that quote. Oddly enough, even those who served in the service during a war-time era will tell you that the real hero's are the ones who gave all. This in no way diminishes the service of those of us who were willing to give all. The portion they gave of themselves is still of great significance. HAPPY VETERANS DAY.

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY--Where did you serve? Images34

COME ON...
RV ALREADY!

Catherine
Catherine
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Catherine Sun May 27, 2012 9:19 pm

Kevind53 wrote:Vietnam era vet in the USCG but by the grace of God never in theater. Was in for two hitches, so also saw the Cuban Boatlift, and was involved with the beginning of Reagan's war on drugs. Saw some pretty intense moments in the Caribbean with that.

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY--Where did you serve? Images35

COME ON...
RV ALREADY!

Catherine
Catherine
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Catherine Sun May 27, 2012 9:21 pm

Cardiac99 wrote:6 years active-duty Army for me. It was all peacetime. Grenada was the only thing that happened while I was in.

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY--Where did you serve? Images36

COME ON...
RV ALREADY!

Catherine
Catherine
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SEBtopdog Sun May 27, 2012 9:26 pm

Ditto all Catherine's expressions of thanks to all our veterans. Peacetime or wartime, we were kept safer because of you all. Thanks very much.

SEBtopdog
SEBtopdog
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by chilimama Sun May 29, 2016 5:41 pm

Great thread to continue this weekend. I myself have never served but my son is currently on his 2nd tour in the M.E. and I have an Uncle who suffers from Agent Orange, 2 other Uncles that served in WW2 and a distant relation that pretty much headed Desert Storm and cousin that was in Desert Storm. I want to put my everlasting Thank You to all that have served and are currently serving.

Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy. - Norman Schwarzkopf, Jr.
chilimama
chilimama
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum