Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Carnival Rides
A CARROT - AN EGG - AND COFFEE BEANS I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 5:03 pm by kenlej

» Go Russia
A CARROT - AN EGG - AND COFFEE BEANS I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
A CARROT - AN EGG - AND COFFEE BEANS I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
A CARROT - AN EGG - AND COFFEE BEANS I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
A CARROT - AN EGG - AND COFFEE BEANS I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
A CARROT - AN EGG - AND COFFEE BEANS I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
A CARROT - AN EGG - AND COFFEE BEANS I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
A CARROT - AN EGG - AND COFFEE BEANS I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
A CARROT - AN EGG - AND COFFEE BEANS I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
A CARROT - AN EGG - AND COFFEE BEANS I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
A CARROT - AN EGG - AND COFFEE BEANS I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
A CARROT - AN EGG - AND COFFEE BEANS I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
A CARROT - AN EGG - AND COFFEE BEANS I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
A CARROT - AN EGG - AND COFFEE BEANS I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
A CARROT - AN EGG - AND COFFEE BEANS I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
A CARROT - AN EGG - AND COFFEE BEANS I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
A CARROT - AN EGG - AND COFFEE BEANS I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
A CARROT - AN EGG - AND COFFEE BEANS I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
A CARROT - AN EGG - AND COFFEE BEANS I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
A CARROT - AN EGG - AND COFFEE BEANS I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

A CARROT - AN EGG - AND COFFEE BEANS

2 posters

Go down

A CARROT - AN EGG - AND COFFEE BEANS Empty A CARROT - AN EGG - AND COFFEE BEANS

Post by UNEEK Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:42 am

A CARROT -- AN EGG -- AND COFFEE BEANS -- HOW WOULD YOU COMPARE YOURSELF TO THEM? PLEASE READ THE INTERESTING ANALOGY AND DECIDE -- YOU CAN CHOOSE WHICH ONE YOU WOULD RATHER BE LIKE -- ENJOY - BE ENLIGHTENED - BE ENCOURAGED - AND BE INSPIRED -- UNEEK ❤

A CARROT - AN EGG - AND COFFEE BEANS Egg A CARROT - AN EGG - AND COFFEE BEANS File_thumbview_approve A CARROT - AN EGG - AND COFFEE BEANS Is?RkrD1QQFt89stm8WsG0lrHRDu0D2aGtUgQZ71NmayQk

A carrot, an egg, and a cup of coffee...
-- You will never look at a cup of coffee the same way again.--

A young woman went to her mother and told her about her life and how things were so hard for her. She did not know how she was going to make it and wanted to give up She was tired of fighting and struggling. It seemed as one problem was solved, a new one arose.

Her mother took her to the kitchen. She filled three pots with water and placed each on a high fire. Soon the pots came to boil. In the first she placed carrots, in the second she placed eggs, and in the last she placed ground coffee beans. She let them sit and boil; without saying A word.

In about twenty minutes she turned off the burners. She fished the carrots out and placed them in a bowl. She pulled the eggs out and placed them in a bowl.

Then she ladled the coffee out and placed it in a bowl. Turning to her daughter, she asked, "Tell me what you see." "Carrots, eggs, and coffee," she replied.

Her mother brought her closer and asked her to feel the carrots. She did and noted that they were soft. The mother then asked the daughter to take an egg and break it. After pulling off the shell, she observed the hard-boiled egg.

Finally, the mother asked the daughter to sip the coffee. The daughter smiled, as she tasted its rich aroma the daughter then asked, "What does it mean, mother?"

Her mother explained that each of these objects had faced the same adversity: boiling water. Each reacted differently. The carrot went in strong, hard, and unrelenting. However, after being subjected to the boiling water, it softened and became weak. The egg had been fragile. Its thin outer shell had protected its liquid interior, but after sitting through the boiling water, its insides became hardened. The ground coffee beans were unique, however. After they were in the boiling water, they had changed the water.

"Which are you?" she asked her daughter. "When adversity knocks on your door, how do you respond? Are you a carrot, an egg or a coffee bean?

Think of this: Which am I? Am I the carrot that seems strong, but with pain and adversity do I wilt and become soft and lose my strength?

Am I the egg that starts with a malleable heart, but changes with the heat? Did I have a fluid spirit, but after a death, a breakup, a financial hardship or some other trial, have I become hardened and stiff? Does my shell look the same, but on the inside am I bitter and tough with a stiff spirit and hardened heart?

Or am I like the coffee bean? The bean actually changes the hot water, the very circumstance that brings the pain. When the water gets hot, it releases the fragrance and flavor. If you are like the bean, when things are at their worst, you get better and change the situation around you. When the hour is the darkest and trials are their greatest, do you elevate yourself to another level? How do you handle adversity? Are you a carrot, an egg or a coffee bean?

May you have enough faith in God to keep you going, enough happiness to make you sweet, enough trials to make you strong, enough sorrow to keep you human and enough hope to make you happy.

Greatness lies, not in being strong, but in the right using of strength; and strength is not used rightly when it serves only to carry a man above his fellows for his own solitary glory. He is the greatest whose strength carries up the most hearts by the attraction of his own -- Bryant

“When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself.” ― Wayne W. Dyer

To be persuasive, one must be believable;
To be believable, one must be credible;
To be credible, one must be truthful.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
UNEEK
UNEEK
VIP FEATURED MEMBER
VIP FEATURED MEMBER

http://souljourney.lefora.com/

Back to top Go down

A CARROT - AN EGG - AND COFFEE BEANS Empty Re: A CARROT - AN EGG - AND COFFEE BEANS

Post by Horizon Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:13 am

Uneek ....that is wonderful....I was once, like the carrott and then became like the egg, but through time, I have learned to be a coffee bean....My faith in God and his word has changed me, and I leaned to walk in faith, and think and speak postitive thoughts.....Makes my life Brighter!☀

A CARROT - AN EGG - AND COFFEE BEANS Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbUTUwRpDbhT-xIofJl3G31OXoGzOAJS3qKlCApR1lrvZghQYKngbnt9AnaQMakin' Plans...A CARROT - AN EGG - AND COFFEE BEANS 7_6_8

Praise God for all things, and he will give us the desires of our hearts!
Horizon
Horizon
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

A CARROT - AN EGG - AND COFFEE BEANS Empty Re: A CARROT - AN EGG - AND COFFEE BEANS

Post by UNEEK Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:05 am

Horizon --- Thank you for your kind words -- It is amazing how such simple things put into simple words can tap into simple minds -- and do marvelous things !!!

I love analogies - I love to stir the mind -- I love when mine is stirred -- I hope to share more of my thoughts and I hope they are as well received as I have been here -- Thank you again !
❤

Greatness lies, not in being strong, but in the right using of strength; and strength is not used rightly when it serves only to carry a man above his fellows for his own solitary glory. He is the greatest whose strength carries up the most hearts by the attraction of his own -- Bryant

“When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself.” ― Wayne W. Dyer

To be persuasive, one must be believable;
To be believable, one must be credible;
To be credible, one must be truthful.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
UNEEK
UNEEK
VIP FEATURED MEMBER
VIP FEATURED MEMBER

http://souljourney.lefora.com/

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum