Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Go Russia
Latest update on Biker I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
Latest update on Biker I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
Latest update on Biker I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Latest update on Biker I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Latest update on Biker I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Latest update on Biker I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Latest update on Biker I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Latest update on Biker I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Latest update on Biker I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Latest update on Biker I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Latest update on Biker I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Latest update on Biker I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Latest update on Biker I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Latest update on Biker I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Latest update on Biker I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Latest update on Biker I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Latest update on Biker I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Latest update on Biker I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Latest update on Biker I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Latest update on Biker I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

Latest update on Biker

+11
Esther414
Gmansaid
dinarlewis
billie_j
Gracie
FlyingStar
Cardiac99
monster
dda
tampadinar
CaptainD
15 posters

Go down

Latest update on Biker Empty Latest update on Biker

Post by CaptainD Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:25 pm

[Apocalypse] LATEST UPDATE REGARDING BIKER: A very difficult decision has been made to discontinue all rehabilitation and life sustaining treatments thus putting Randy on Hospice care. He will be transfered Monday to a nursing home facility near our home. You may be surprised at this seeming turn of evevts but in reality his condition has actually been worsening over time. The tone of the preceding posts were upbeat and hopeful indicating that his condition was improving , but he has always remained in a deep coma. What confirmed my gut fear was his CT scans were reviewed by 2 independent neurosurgeons. Their professional assessment was that IF he would wake up from the coma, he would have no quality of life. He would be in a persistent vegetative state needing skilled 24 hour care. Ironically a month or so before the accident Randy and I had a conversation about these kind of life altering events and what we would do. Randy was adamant about not wanting to live in that way.

[Apocalypse] This decision has caused understandably significant amount of heartache and tension among the family. However heartbreaking it is for me I can't ignore his wishes to appease opinions that I know in my heart are not what he wants. Today, Friday, he had another CT scan at Barnes and was seen by his neurologist. The CT scan indicated further brain deteriation. His neurological exam demonstrates that he has lower brain stem function only (breathing, heartbeat, normal body temperature, kidney and instestinal function) -that is all he has. It is apparent from his eye position that even his midbrain is damaged. Dr. Zipfel was very supportive of and in agreement with my decision which is ultimately Randy's decision.

[Apocalypse] Initially after the injury and subsequent surgery, he was moving his arms and legs and withdrawing from painful stimuli; but he is not doing that anymore. Randy always did things "balls to the walls"-that's how he lived life. He had overcome so much adversity already and discovering he could ride a bike brought much joy. This race was a perfect example of his going for "the win". I want to express my appreciation for all your support, encouragement and prayers. The outpouring of your love is another testimony to what a great guy he is and the wonderful friendships he has made with you. I will be posting occasional updates. Thank you for understanding. Lisa

CaptainD

Back to top Go down

Latest update on Biker Empty Re: Latest update on Biker

Post by tampadinar Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:10 am

My sincerest condolences. May his spirit live with those that loved him and those he loved forever.

tampadinar

Back to top Go down

Post by dda Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:33 am

Oh Lisa… my heart aches for you my friend as I know all too well the pain of how one split second accident can cause life as you know it to be forever changed. I know the joy of waking up one morning a happy family and the pain of going to bed that night with someone missing… gone forever… and how your life will never be the same. I know the pain of having to remove your loved one from life support and the pain of your heart breaking beyond belief. I will continue to lift you and your family up in prayer… asking the Lord to hold you close as you walk through the difficult days ahead and thanking Him for the precious moments in time that He allowed you to share with Randy. Thank you Lisa for sharing with us… and know that you are loved.
Blessings,

Last edited by dda on Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:16 am; edited 2 times in total

May the warm winds of Heaven blow softly on your home and may the Holy Spirit bless everyone who enters there in.
~ GOD BLESS YOU ~
dda
dda

Back to top Go down

Latest update on Biker Empty From the GET team

Post by monster Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:38 am

Heavenly Father…You are the Alpha and the Omega…The Beginning and the end. You were there when we were conceived in our mothers womb….One tiny molecule at a time. You saw our form being put together. You saw our hands, our toes, you breathed into our body the breath of life… Lord and You will be there for us when this life comes to an end. When we draw that last breath of air, You will be there. You are Life…Death is NOT a part of Your Holy plan….You cry with us and wipe our tears . Each day of our life is recorded in Your book of Remembrance. Where can we run from You Lord…Even in death You are our Comfort…It is to You that we come this evening as a family lost in tears and questions and unanswered bewilderment. We bring to You our friend Biker. Hold him close to You Holy Father. Hug him sweet Jesus. Hover over him precious Holy Spirit. Be with his family as they stay with him and watch over them Comforter, Creator and Friend. Tonight we commit Biker into Your Holy Presence where there is comfort and peace. Precious Lord stay close to his precious family…Answer al their questions and wipe their silent tears….In Jesus Name …AMEN

monster

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiac99 Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:42 am

Lisa, I don't know you or Randy. I have followed his journey since I first heard of his accident. My thoughts and prayers are with you, Randy, and your family. PLEASE, keep the updates coming. GOD BLESS YOU!
Cardiac99
Cardiac99
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by FlyingStar Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:51 am

Lisa, my heart goes out to you and your entire family after reading your post. I've tried to read all the updates on Randy, but unfortunately, I never read the very first one or two, so I don't know if he was in a Motorcycle race or a Bicycle race and if that is where the accident occurred. Nor do I know if he is your brother, son or husband. My apology for lacking that information.

But, I do want to say that my brother was riding his motorcycle home on a beautiful sunny day in March of this year, and we will never know how the accident happened, but he wound up head first - on the sidewalk. He was not wearing a helmet. There were no other cars involved. No other bikes. No animals. No pedestrians. He too had immediate surgery and they removed his skull so that the brain could swell. He too displayed the same response to painful stimuli the first 2 weeks following the accident. He too, never came out of the coma and the cat scans showed the same injury to his entire brain, except the brain stem which was healthy enough to allow him to breathe, heart beat, etc... after close to 75 days in the "Persistent Vegetative State" as a family we allowed him to be moved from the hospital to Hospice.

Only because our stories seem so similar, I can say that each time I visited him, I prayed for his eyes to be open, so that I could see if he was able to recognize any of us, but they did not. If we arrived and his eyes were closed, it was just as bad, no response to voice commands.
He lived as you said Randy did - on the edge, all out, larger than life, all the time. To see him every day, unable to even move a finger on his own, was so incredibly sad. Wearing the foam helmet to protect his brain, because the skull was removed, seemed so ironic. It was the lack of the helmet in the first place that may have saved his brain, and now that his brain was so injured, here he laid in a hospital with a helmet on.

In hospice, with no fluids, no antibiotics for the infection that did set into his lungs, he maintained for another 7 days. I knew that Sunday as I left that hospice room that it was very close to the end. At 9:15 that night, I sensed something wasn't right in my spirit, and I called his girlfriend who was still there, she said his blood pressure was low, but it wasn't "time". Yet, the strange feeling persisted. I looked up in the sky and there was a shooting star right then. I got up and got ready to go back to Hospice,
On the Freeway, at exactly 10:10 I grabbed my husbands hand and said a prayer.

I walked into the ward, and the nurse looked at me and said - your brother just passed. I asked when, and she said 10:10 pm. I knew. I just knew.

That was May 22. His daughter turned 10 the next day May 23rd.
I miss my brother terribly.
Not a day goes by, that I don't have a catch in my throat, or a tear creep down my cheek, in thoughts of him.

I share this story with you, because like you, I lived the 84 days of watching his life hang in abeyance -- but unlike you, we never had a conversation regarding life altering events. If there was anyone that could have pulled himself out of a jam, it was him, and it sounds like it was your Randy too.

My heart goes out to you at this time. My brother was only 49, I don't know how old Randy was. Healthy in all respects. I can't believe any of this happened. I will lift you and your family up in my prayers. Please feel free to contact me at any time. I do feel empathetic toward you and this heart wrenching situation. It is a situation none of us ever want to find ourselves in.

Peace be with you Lisa. Your family too.
I'm so very sorry.

i[b]

FlyingStar

Back to top Go down

Latest update on Biker Empty Update on Biker

Post by Gracie Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:10 am

So sorry to hear about Biker. We have been praying for him. Although we don't know you, Lisa, or him personally we have kept up with his condition through the Okie chat. We will continue to pray for the family.

Love in Christ
Gracie

Gracie

Back to top Go down

Post by billie_j Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:20 am

lisa, im only talked to randy once but he was a great guy i hope all goes well he is in our heart and our prays,keep the faith

billie_j

Back to top Go down

Post by dinarlewis Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:35 am

lisa our prayers go out for you and your family,just know that what ever God's will is,its for the best.The word of God says To be absent from the body is to be present with God.

dinarlewis

Back to top Go down

Post by Gmansaid Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:42 am

Condolences.

Gmansaid
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Esther414 Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:08 am

Lisa, I have prayed for Randy and I'm so sorry to hear of how things have turned out for you. As I was reading your words, I was struck towards the end with the thought that Randy has already gone on to his reward. His body is alive, but I felt that His soul is already with the Lord. I lost my husband through an illness 12 years ago, and even though I'm remarried now, there is not a day that goes by that I don't think of him. The Lord uses time to heal us, and I pray that healing comes for your spirit and soul and all that you must have gone through and still have to go through. God's grace will be with you and will give you strength and peace and comfort. I was fortunate to have a wonderful church that reached out to me and gave me strength and support. I pray that God will send people to reach out to you and be a support for you and your family as well. I don't remember if you have children, but if you do, make sure they get lots of help and support also. My children had a very hard time, especially my son who was only 11 when his dad passed away. I pray that you feel God's arms around you all the time, and His love for you. I remember that there were many questions that I didn't know the answer to, but I learned to trust in His love for me. I came to understand that it was enough that He knew the answers and that He was taking care of me no matter what. God bless you Lisa and thank you for sharing with all of us. We are blessed that you are part of this community.

:queen: Esther414
"Yet who knows if you have come to the kingdom for such a time as this?" Esther 4:14
Esther414
Esther414

Back to top Go down

Post by Esther414 Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:25 am

FlyingStar wrote:

I walked into the ward, and the nurse looked at me and said - your brother just passed. I asked when, and she said 10:10 pm. I knew. I just knew.

That was May 22. His daughter turned 10 the next day May 23rd.
I miss my brother terribly.
Not a day goes by, that I don't have a catch in my throat, or a tear creep down my cheek, in thoughts of him.

Flying Star,
Thank you for sharing your story. My heart and prayers go out to you too. God will bring healing through time and facing the pain head on and getting to the other side of it. It's so very sad to lose someone you love. It's been very recent for you too, so just take it easy and let yourself grieve. It will take a while, but the pain will lessen and the remembering will be easier. I still think about my husband that passed away 12 yrs ago every day, but they are thoughts without pain and anguish. I even get a little sad once in a while thinking of him and what could've been, but that's when I go to the Lord and I am reminded that all is well because he is with the Lord and I've been in His care all this time. Some day we'll all be together again forever and that will be a wonderful day! God bless you and your family too.

:queen: Esther414
"Yet who knows if you have come to the kingdom for such a time as this?" Esther 4:14
Esther414
Esther414

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnydinaro Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:18 am

Randy, may God be with you as you pierce the veil and cross the river into eternity. May perpetual light shine upon you. You are going home, brother, and you should be very proud that you have completed your mission in this life with courage, compassion, and love of others. You have a beautiful family that loves you and adores you. A family that would not have been a family without you. Well done, Randy, well done.

Lisa, may God be with you as you enter the next stage of your mission that God has planned for you. Stay strong in the knowledge that each and every moment of your life has been blessed by God and that you are being guided by the Good Shepherd at all times. Love your children and do not let them forget their earthly father, Randy. Be proud and happy that God chose you to meet Randy as the vehicle to bring your wonderful children into this world. Be proud and happy that God chose you to be Randy's companion and Randy your companion. May God Bless you and be with you forever. I hope that all of your dreams and wishes come true.

Peace.

Eagle Has Landed.

John.

johnnydinaro

Back to top Go down

Post by pepper Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:11 am

our thoughts and prayers are with you Lise and family... May your memories substain you at this time
God bless you

pepper

Back to top Go down

Post by BIG E Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:14 pm

Lisa, our deepest condolences go out to you and your family, and many prayers for all of Randy's loved ones ! please try to stay strong in these times of difficult decisions and loss. may God Be with you!
BIG E
BIG E

Back to top Go down

Post by BIG E Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:27 pm

Lisa, this was shared with me when my father passed last year and it gave me some comfort so i thought i would share it with you as well, God Bless, Ernie/Big E

Condolence: When i must leave you for a little while,please do not grieve and shed wild tears and hug your sorrow to you through the years,but start out bravely with a gallant smile;and for my sake and in my name live on and do all things the same,feed not your loneliness on empty day's, but fill each walking hour in useful way's,Reach out your hand in comfort and in cheer and i in turn will comfort you and hold you near;and never, never be afraid to die,for i am waiting for you in the sky.
BIG E
BIG E

Back to top Go down

Post by cammielucky Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:00 pm

Lisa, my condolences to you during this very difficult time. I cannot even imagine losing a loved one at this moment in my life. You seem like you are such a very strong person, and it was a blessing in disguise that you had that talk with Randy. Comfort may be hard to find during this time, but as you can see you have many friends behind you thinking and praying for you and the family Smile God Bless You!

cammielucky

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum