Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Carnival Rides
The Church Needs Indigenous Leadership I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 5:03 pm by kenlej

» Go Russia
The Church Needs Indigenous Leadership I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
The Church Needs Indigenous Leadership I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
The Church Needs Indigenous Leadership I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
The Church Needs Indigenous Leadership I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
The Church Needs Indigenous Leadership I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
The Church Needs Indigenous Leadership I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
The Church Needs Indigenous Leadership I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
The Church Needs Indigenous Leadership I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
The Church Needs Indigenous Leadership I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
The Church Needs Indigenous Leadership I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
The Church Needs Indigenous Leadership I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
The Church Needs Indigenous Leadership I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
The Church Needs Indigenous Leadership I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
The Church Needs Indigenous Leadership I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
The Church Needs Indigenous Leadership I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
The Church Needs Indigenous Leadership I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
The Church Needs Indigenous Leadership I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
The Church Needs Indigenous Leadership I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
The Church Needs Indigenous Leadership I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

The Church Needs Indigenous Leadership

4 posters

Go down

The Church Needs Indigenous Leadership Empty The Church Needs Indigenous Leadership

Post by jdan Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:42 am

Overseas Council (OC) partners with over 100 seminaries, Bible institutes and other strategic ministries in 60 countries by leveraging people, expertise and resources to advance quality Christian leadership training, thus empowering churches around the world to fulfill the Great Commission of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Our goal is to equip indigenous biblical leaders to be effective pastors, teachers, evangelists, missionaries and Christian leaders in their own countries. OC pursues its mission in Africa, Asia, Europe, Latin America and the Middle East.Why there? This is where Christianity is growing fastest and the need for biblically trained leaders to disciple millions of new believers is most urgent.

www.Overseas.org

Last edited by jdan on Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Removed name)

jdan

Back to top Go down

The Church Needs Indigenous Leadership Empty Re: The Church Needs Indigenous Leadership

Post by ripinsnort Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:02 pm

Does anyone have information that you can post on christian missionary work in Iraq. IMO if the IQD brings us the great blessing we are expecting that is where I am putting some of my returns.

ripinsnort

Back to top Go down

The Church Needs Indigenous Leadership Empty Re: The Church Needs Indigenous Leadership

Post by jdan Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:05 pm

While Overseas Council does not have any direct seminary partnerships in Iraq, our other six seminary partners in the Middle East serve many students and pastors from Iraq. Time will tell if seminaries and other Christian services, ministries and churches will be more acceptable to be public and more in the open. Please feel free to visit our website to view the work we are doing in the Middle East. We would be honored if you would consider us as part of your gifting to help the church of Iraq, and all of the ME, with the development of trained and educated church leaders.

jdan

Back to top Go down

Post by Purpleskyz Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:14 pm

Gee I thought that they had their own religion over there in the ME. Why oh why do Christians feel this need to take over other countries both in resourses and religions?

Can't it just be ok that they worship in their own way? To their own deity?

sigh.......

Out Of Mind
www.oom2.com
The Church Needs Indigenous Leadership 2245507099The Church Needs Indigenous Leadership 2245507099
Purpleskyz
Purpleskyz
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jdan Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:29 pm

Yes they do have their own religions in the Middle East. And for millions it is Christianity! No one is taking over, simply supporting the Christian church that is already there. If you knew what you were talking about instead of simply looking for a way to attack Chrisitianity, you would know that Christians have had a presence in the Middle East since the first century, long before many other religions existed, including Islam. No one is forced to become a Chistian so we can hardly be accused of "taking over". But it is interesting that many find Christianity an answer for spiritual life that they have not been able to find in other religions. Perhaps of course, the same may be said for people discovering other religions. But it seems only Chrisitainity is held up as "taking over" when we tell the story of Christ. Your accusation is clueless.

jdan

Back to top Go down

Post by Purpleskyz Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:43 pm

Fair enough jdan.

I was not attacking Christianity at all. Just asking an honest question.

I do find your statement interesting regarding other religions not being held to "taking over". Maybe that is because I only see from this countries point of view. Maybe I am as you say.... clueless.

Out Of Mind
www.oom2.com
The Church Needs Indigenous Leadership 2245507099The Church Needs Indigenous Leadership 2245507099
Purpleskyz
Purpleskyz
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BillyBobG Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:58 pm

JDAN, I read your thread here, and very happy to know someone has a Mission set up to bring the "Real Christianity" back to the ME. Remember this is where civilization began, and Christ preached to the ancestors of these people, so going back now when we can, same as Israel coming back to the 'Promised Land" given by God to Abraham Isaac & Jacob. I will search your Site & determine if it fits with my beliefs, and use your group as an outlet for the Blessings received from the "Home of the Garden of Eden" in Iraq. God Bless your work & good luck. Remember only people who have the same "Spirit" in them, and you know what I mean, will really understand what your doing. The rest will just question and think were nuts, but we know for certain who reigns.

BillyBobG

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum