Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Carnival Rides
The Turkish lira records the largest weekly gain after a government intervention I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 5:03 pm by kenlej

» Go Russia
The Turkish lira records the largest weekly gain after a government intervention I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
The Turkish lira records the largest weekly gain after a government intervention I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
The Turkish lira records the largest weekly gain after a government intervention I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
The Turkish lira records the largest weekly gain after a government intervention I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
The Turkish lira records the largest weekly gain after a government intervention I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
The Turkish lira records the largest weekly gain after a government intervention I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
The Turkish lira records the largest weekly gain after a government intervention I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
The Turkish lira records the largest weekly gain after a government intervention I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
The Turkish lira records the largest weekly gain after a government intervention I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
The Turkish lira records the largest weekly gain after a government intervention I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
The Turkish lira records the largest weekly gain after a government intervention I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
The Turkish lira records the largest weekly gain after a government intervention I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
The Turkish lira records the largest weekly gain after a government intervention I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
The Turkish lira records the largest weekly gain after a government intervention I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
The Turkish lira records the largest weekly gain after a government intervention I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
The Turkish lira records the largest weekly gain after a government intervention I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
The Turkish lira records the largest weekly gain after a government intervention I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
The Turkish lira records the largest weekly gain after a government intervention I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
The Turkish lira records the largest weekly gain after a government intervention I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

The Turkish lira records the largest weekly gain after a government intervention

Go down

The Turkish lira records the largest weekly gain after a government intervention Empty The Turkish lira records the largest weekly gain after a government intervention

Post by RamblerNash Sun Dec 26, 2021 9:19 pm

The Turkish lira records the largest weekly gain after a government intervention 946718-fa1e4676-4d3f-4604-bd5d-23642a3a36d3
Saturday 25 December 2021 09:10

Baghdad / NINA / - The Turkish lira recorded its strongest week ever, as it jumped until Friday by more than 50% after state-backed interventions in the market estimated at billions of dollars.

The currency rose for the fifth day in a row and touched its levels in mid-November, where it recorded 10.7 pounds against the dollar yesterday evening.

On Monday, the lira plunged to an all-time low of 18.4 against the dollar, after months of declines due to severe interest rate cuts and concerns about a sharp increase in inflation.

But Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan late Monday unveiled a plan by which the central bank and the treasury would compensate for losses on deposits converted into Turkish lira to protect them from foreign exchange losses.

The lira received great support from dollar sales carried out by government banks with the support of the Central Bank.

And "Reuters" quoted informed sources, including a senior Turkish official, that state banks sold dollars extensively this week, following Erdogan's announcement of his plan.

The Turks did not sell dollars on Monday and Tuesday, according to official data, indicating that they had little role in the massive market gains.

And estimates of dealers showed that the state's intervention in the market cost the central bank more than $8 billion this week.

Under pressure from Erdogan, the central bank has cut the interest rate by 500 basis points to 14% since September, despite inflation rising to more than 21%.

It is expected that prices will rise 30% next year, due to reasons including the depreciation of the lira./End of 9

https://ninanews.com/Website/News/Details?key=946718

The Turkish lira records the largest weekly gain after a government intervention 258310255 
>>>TNTBS's YouTube Channel<<<
RamblerNash
RamblerNash
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum