Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Carnival Rides
 Zimbabwe: US Congress Passes Bill to Call for Reforms Ahead of Election  7/26/18 I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 5:03 pm by kenlej

» Go Russia
 Zimbabwe: US Congress Passes Bill to Call for Reforms Ahead of Election  7/26/18 I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
 Zimbabwe: US Congress Passes Bill to Call for Reforms Ahead of Election  7/26/18 I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
 Zimbabwe: US Congress Passes Bill to Call for Reforms Ahead of Election  7/26/18 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
 Zimbabwe: US Congress Passes Bill to Call for Reforms Ahead of Election  7/26/18 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
 Zimbabwe: US Congress Passes Bill to Call for Reforms Ahead of Election  7/26/18 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
 Zimbabwe: US Congress Passes Bill to Call for Reforms Ahead of Election  7/26/18 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
 Zimbabwe: US Congress Passes Bill to Call for Reforms Ahead of Election  7/26/18 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
 Zimbabwe: US Congress Passes Bill to Call for Reforms Ahead of Election  7/26/18 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
 Zimbabwe: US Congress Passes Bill to Call for Reforms Ahead of Election  7/26/18 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
 Zimbabwe: US Congress Passes Bill to Call for Reforms Ahead of Election  7/26/18 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
 Zimbabwe: US Congress Passes Bill to Call for Reforms Ahead of Election  7/26/18 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
 Zimbabwe: US Congress Passes Bill to Call for Reforms Ahead of Election  7/26/18 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
 Zimbabwe: US Congress Passes Bill to Call for Reforms Ahead of Election  7/26/18 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
 Zimbabwe: US Congress Passes Bill to Call for Reforms Ahead of Election  7/26/18 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
 Zimbabwe: US Congress Passes Bill to Call for Reforms Ahead of Election  7/26/18 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
 Zimbabwe: US Congress Passes Bill to Call for Reforms Ahead of Election  7/26/18 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
 Zimbabwe: US Congress Passes Bill to Call for Reforms Ahead of Election  7/26/18 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
 Zimbabwe: US Congress Passes Bill to Call for Reforms Ahead of Election  7/26/18 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
 Zimbabwe: US Congress Passes Bill to Call for Reforms Ahead of Election  7/26/18 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

Zimbabwe: US Congress Passes Bill to Call for Reforms Ahead of Election 7/26/18

2 posters

Go down

Zimbabwe: US Congress Passes Bill to Call for Reforms Ahead of Election  7/26/18 Empty Zimbabwe: US Congress Passes Bill to Call for Reforms Ahead of Election 7/26/18

Post by Ssmith Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:07 am

https://news.pindula.co.zw/2018/07/26/u-s-congress-passes-zidera-amendment-bill-to-call-for-reforms-ahead-of-elections-bill-awaits-trumps-signature/

Maveriq
July 26, 2018

The United States House of Representatives has passed the Zimbabwe Democracy and Economic Recovery Amendment Act ahead of the July 30 harmonised elections saying that the bill is a call for free and fair elections as well as reforms. The Bill has now been passed by both the Senate and the Representatives, the two houses which form the United States Congress. The bill now needs President Donald Trump’s signature to come into effect.

In a statement Ed Royce, Chairman of the United States House Committee on Foreign Affairs said,
I want to thank Senators Flake and Coons for their leadership and sustained engagement on this issue. I also want to thank Chairman Smith and Ranking Member Bass for their focus on Zimbabwe at the Africa subcommittee. 
On July 30th, the people of Zimbabwe will have the opportunity to vote for their next president. As the first election since Robert Mugabe, this is a pivotal moment for Zimbabwe. For 37 years, Zimbabweans have suffered greatly under authoritarian rule and economic devastation. The government drove the economy into the ground and violently suppressed any opposition to their power. 
With elections now just days away, the situation in Zimbabwe should be viewed with cautious optimism. I am encouraged by some of the statements and actions taken by the government. President Mnangagwa, along with key opposition candidates, signed a public pledge to ensure peaceful elections. The opposition is allowed to campaign across the country, the voter roll has been released for inspection and U.S. and international observers will be permitted to observe the elections. 
However, reports of voter intimidation, efforts to politicize food aid and increased military presence in rural polling stations are deeply concerning. The people of Zimbabwe, as well as the international community, remember the horrific violence that occurred during the 2008 elections. That cannot happen again. 
That’s why this legislation is so critical. This bill makes important changes to update the 2001 Zimbabwe Democracy and Economic Recovery Act. It lays out our expectations for a free and fair election, as well as actions needed to achieve key economic reforms. The expectations of the 2001 legislation hold true today – Zimbabwe must make credible progress towards holding free and fair elections, restore the rule of law and ensure military subordination to the civilian government, among other desperately needed reforms. These are realistic and universally recognized standards. 
Both the government and the opposition must follow through on their statements to hold a free, fair and credible election on July 30th. This is an opportunity to chart a dramatic new course for Zimbabwe. We urge the next president to take bold and immediate action to address key governance and economic issues. We stand by the people of Zimbabwe in their efforts to see a more democratic, peaceful and prosperous Zimbabwe.”
Ssmith
Ssmith
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Zimbabwe: US Congress Passes Bill to Call for Reforms Ahead of Election  7/26/18 Empty Re: Zimbabwe: US Congress Passes Bill to Call for Reforms Ahead of Election 7/26/18

Post by Kevind53 Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:11 am

Yes it has passed and no it does not have anything to do with what the pooroos are pumping. YOu can read the whole text here: https://www.congress.gov/115/bills/s2595/BILLS-115s2595is.pdf
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum