Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
THE ARAB MONETARY FUND ISSUES A STUDY ON "DETERMINANTS OF OPERATIONAL EFFICIENCY IN THE ARAB BANKING SECTOR" I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2024 5:58 am by RamblerNash

» CBD Vape Cartridges
THE ARAB MONETARY FUND ISSUES A STUDY ON "DETERMINANTS OF OPERATIONAL EFFICIENCY IN THE ARAB BANKING SECTOR" I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
THE ARAB MONETARY FUND ISSUES A STUDY ON "DETERMINANTS OF OPERATIONAL EFFICIENCY IN THE ARAB BANKING SECTOR" I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
THE ARAB MONETARY FUND ISSUES A STUDY ON "DETERMINANTS OF OPERATIONAL EFFICIENCY IN THE ARAB BANKING SECTOR" I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
THE ARAB MONETARY FUND ISSUES A STUDY ON "DETERMINANTS OF OPERATIONAL EFFICIENCY IN THE ARAB BANKING SECTOR" I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
THE ARAB MONETARY FUND ISSUES A STUDY ON "DETERMINANTS OF OPERATIONAL EFFICIENCY IN THE ARAB BANKING SECTOR" I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
THE ARAB MONETARY FUND ISSUES A STUDY ON "DETERMINANTS OF OPERATIONAL EFFICIENCY IN THE ARAB BANKING SECTOR" I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
THE ARAB MONETARY FUND ISSUES A STUDY ON "DETERMINANTS OF OPERATIONAL EFFICIENCY IN THE ARAB BANKING SECTOR" I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
THE ARAB MONETARY FUND ISSUES A STUDY ON "DETERMINANTS OF OPERATIONAL EFFICIENCY IN THE ARAB BANKING SECTOR" I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
THE ARAB MONETARY FUND ISSUES A STUDY ON "DETERMINANTS OF OPERATIONAL EFFICIENCY IN THE ARAB BANKING SECTOR" I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
THE ARAB MONETARY FUND ISSUES A STUDY ON "DETERMINANTS OF OPERATIONAL EFFICIENCY IN THE ARAB BANKING SECTOR" I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
THE ARAB MONETARY FUND ISSUES A STUDY ON "DETERMINANTS OF OPERATIONAL EFFICIENCY IN THE ARAB BANKING SECTOR" I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
THE ARAB MONETARY FUND ISSUES A STUDY ON "DETERMINANTS OF OPERATIONAL EFFICIENCY IN THE ARAB BANKING SECTOR" I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
THE ARAB MONETARY FUND ISSUES A STUDY ON "DETERMINANTS OF OPERATIONAL EFFICIENCY IN THE ARAB BANKING SECTOR" I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
THE ARAB MONETARY FUND ISSUES A STUDY ON "DETERMINANTS OF OPERATIONAL EFFICIENCY IN THE ARAB BANKING SECTOR" I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
THE ARAB MONETARY FUND ISSUES A STUDY ON "DETERMINANTS OF OPERATIONAL EFFICIENCY IN THE ARAB BANKING SECTOR" I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
THE ARAB MONETARY FUND ISSUES A STUDY ON "DETERMINANTS OF OPERATIONAL EFFICIENCY IN THE ARAB BANKING SECTOR" I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
THE ARAB MONETARY FUND ISSUES A STUDY ON "DETERMINANTS OF OPERATIONAL EFFICIENCY IN THE ARAB BANKING SECTOR" I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

» Frat President Charged With Stealing $267K to Buy Worthless Iraqi Dinars
THE ARAB MONETARY FUND ISSUES A STUDY ON "DETERMINANTS OF OPERATIONAL EFFICIENCY IN THE ARAB BANKING SECTOR" I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:05 pm by RamblerNash

» Fact Check: NO Record 'Quantum Financial System' Exists Beyond Claims In Videos, Online Articles
THE ARAB MONETARY FUND ISSUES A STUDY ON "DETERMINANTS OF OPERATIONAL EFFICIENCY IN THE ARAB BANKING SECTOR" I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2024 6:15 pm by RamblerNash

THE ARAB MONETARY FUND ISSUES A STUDY ON "DETERMINANTS OF OPERATIONAL EFFICIENCY IN THE ARAB BANKING SECTOR"

Go down

THE ARAB MONETARY FUND ISSUES A STUDY ON "DETERMINANTS OF OPERATIONAL EFFICIENCY IN THE ARAB BANKING SECTOR" Empty THE ARAB MONETARY FUND ISSUES A STUDY ON "DETERMINANTS OF OPERATIONAL EFFICIENCY IN THE ARAB BANKING SECTOR"

Post by claud39 Wed May 05, 2021 9:29 am

THE ARAB MONETARY FUND ISSUES A STUDY ON "DETERMINANTS OF OPERATIONAL EFFICIENCY IN THE ARAB BANKING SECTOR"
 2021-05-03

THE ARAB MONETARY FUND ISSUES A STUDY ON "DETERMINANTS OF OPERATIONAL EFFICIENCY IN THE ARAB BANKING SECTOR" Logo-ar

Reducing the expense-to-income ratio of the banking sector contributes to improving operational efficiency
Large banks have a greater ability to adjust the net interest margin in the market
Adopting prudent monetary policy contributes to improving the operational efficiency of banks
Lower inflation rates increase bank interest income

Within the framework of the efforts made by the Arab Monetary Fund in terms of studies and research activities with the aim of supporting the financial authorities in the Arab countries in the priority issues of developing the financial sector, the fund issued, within the framework of the “Financial Sector Development Studies Series”, a study on “ Determinants of Operational Efficiency in the Arab Banking Sector ” . The study aims to shed light on the determinants of the net interest margin in the Arab banking sector. It also provides an analytical framework for central banks and Arab monetary institutions that contributes to continuing efforts aimed at improving the operational efficiency of the Arab banking sector.

In this context, the study investigated the measurement of operational efficiency determinants measured by the net interest margin of eighteen commercial banks in the Arab countries during the period from 2014 to 2019, using variables pertaining to the bank itself, variables related to monetary policy, and macroeconomic variables. In this regard, the results showed that there is a positive moral relationship between the expense-to-income ratio and the net interest margin, as the high expense-to-income ratio may lead the bank to charge it to the interest rate margin, which leads to an increase in the bank’s interest income, especially if there is Exaggeration in the amount of raising the interest rate on loans in a manner inconsistent with the increase in expenses

The results also showed the existence of a positive significant relationship between the size of the bank and the net interest margin, which indicates that large banks have a greater ability to control market interest rates, while the results did not show a significant relationship between the variable of provisions for non-performing facilities and the net interest margin. The study also showed a significant negative impact of interest rates on monetary policy tools on the net interest margin, as lower interest rates on monetary policy tools reduce costs on banks.

And it injects more liquidity, which may push the banks to grant more credit facilities, which will positively affect their profitability. With regard to economic variables, the results revealed an inverse significant relationship between inflation and net interest margin, as the lower price level reduces the financial costs and burdens of the banking sector, thus increasing the revenues of commercial banks. The rise in price levels may lead to a decrease in the disposable income of individuals, thus limiting their ability to fulfill their financial obligations towards banks, thus reducing the net revenues of the banking sector.

Finally, the study recommended the necessity of continuing to improve the operational efficiency of the Arab banking sector, and the importance of strengthening credit risk management and risk management in the banking sector. It also recommended the necessity of continuing to follow prudent monetary policy by central banks, in coordination with other economic policies. It is also very important for commercial banks to price their products reasonably in proportion to their real costs and expenses.

The full version of the study is available in English at the link 

Under the title:
Determinants Of Operational Efficiency In The Arab Sector the Banking "

https://www.amf.org.ae/en/study/determinants-operational-efficiency-arab-banking-sector

https://www.amf.org.ae/ar/content/%D8%B5%D9%86%D8%AF%D9%88%D9%82-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%86%D9%82%D8%AF-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B9%D8%B1%D8%A8%D9%8A-%D9%8A%D9%8F%D8%B5%D8%AF%D8%B1-%D8%AF%D8%B1%D8%A7%D8%B3%D8%A9-%D8%AD%D9%88%D9%84-%D9%85%D8%AD%D8%AF%D8%AF%D8%A7%D8%AA-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%83%D9%81%D8%A7%D8%A1%D8%A9-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AA%D8%B4%D8%BA%D9%8A%D9%84%D9%8A%D8%A9-%D9%81%D9%8A-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%82%D8%B7%D8%A7%D8%B9-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%85%D8%B5%D8%B1%D9%81%D9%8A-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B9%D8%B1%D8%A8%D9%8A
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum