Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
The World Bank and World Food launch a joint program to aid Iraq I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
The World Bank and World Food launch a joint program to aid Iraq I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
The World Bank and World Food launch a joint program to aid Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
The World Bank and World Food launch a joint program to aid Iraq I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
The World Bank and World Food launch a joint program to aid Iraq I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
The World Bank and World Food launch a joint program to aid Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
The World Bank and World Food launch a joint program to aid Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
The World Bank and World Food launch a joint program to aid Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
The World Bank and World Food launch a joint program to aid Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
The World Bank and World Food launch a joint program to aid Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
The World Bank and World Food launch a joint program to aid Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
The World Bank and World Food launch a joint program to aid Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
The World Bank and World Food launch a joint program to aid Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
The World Bank and World Food launch a joint program to aid Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
The World Bank and World Food launch a joint program to aid Iraq I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
The World Bank and World Food launch a joint program to aid Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
The World Bank and World Food launch a joint program to aid Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
The World Bank and World Food launch a joint program to aid Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
The World Bank and World Food launch a joint program to aid Iraq I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
The World Bank and World Food launch a joint program to aid Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

The World Bank and World Food launch a joint program to aid Iraq

Go down

The World Bank and World Food launch a joint program to aid Iraq Empty The World Bank and World Food launch a joint program to aid Iraq

Post by claud39 Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:16 am

The World Bank and World Food launch a joint program to aid Iraq

02/09/2021

The World Bank and World Food launch a joint program to aid Iraq 26105

Economy News _ Baghdad

On Tuesday, the World Food Program and the World Bank announced their cooperation in a joint program in Iraq to conduct social and economic research and monitor the causes of food insecurity and the effects of the Corona pandemic.

The two organizations said in a joint statement received by "Al-Iqtisad News" that they launched a joint program in Iraq to conduct social and economic research and monitor the causes of food insecurity and the effects of the Corona pandemic, stressing that this cooperation will provide better information for social protection programs and improve response to urgent relief operations.

They explained that in light of the Corona pandemic, the joint cooperation program aims to monitor the effects on Iraqi families, including the families of the displaced who live in the camps and return to their homes, as well as the host communities.

According to the joint statement of the two organizations, surveys and analyzes are conducted using the World Food Program (WFP) system to analyze vulnerabilities and map its features via mVAM mobile phone to find out what is behind food insecurity and regularly collect vital information on the labor market, access health services and education for children, and provide updated profiles The socio-economic situation of individuals on the ground during the pandemic.

The representative of the World Bank in Iraq, Ramzi Numan, says: “The multi-faceted Iraq crisis has severely affected the livelihoods of the Iraqi people,” indicating that “the continuation of this study will provide a better understanding of the social and economic impacts of the crisis on the living conditions of families, and thus provide better information for social protection programs. Which aims to provide urgent relief to the most vulnerable and needy groups.

The joint statement stated that "with the continuing economic pressures and the resulting devaluation of the Iraqi currency, the prices of some basic foodstuffs increased, and families were greatly affected."

"The research is being used for multiple purposes, providing the government and the humanitarian and development communities with information to allow evidence-based decisions to be made about their response to the pandemic and to support the most vulnerable and needy families," he noted.

He indicated that, once the analysis is completed, the data and results will also form the basis for writing major bulletins and reports, such as the ongoing series issued by the World Food Program and the World Bank in partnership with the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) and the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD).

For his part, the representative of the World Food Program in Iraq, Abdul Rahman Megaj, said, "This important research partnership supports the provision of basic information to help the main actors in Iraq plan and make decisions on an informed basis.

"Knowing more means being able to do more and get it right. Our work with needy and vulnerable families can help in the most effective way," he added.

The World Food Program and the World Bank continue to work with the government on social protection efforts, as well as designing major reforms in this sector, to best meet the needs of families now and in the long term.

https://economy-news.net/content.php?id=24015
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum