Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Agency: The devaluation of the Iraqi currency eases the liquidity shortage only temporarily I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Agency: The devaluation of the Iraqi currency eases the liquidity shortage only temporarily I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
Agency: The devaluation of the Iraqi currency eases the liquidity shortage only temporarily I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Agency: The devaluation of the Iraqi currency eases the liquidity shortage only temporarily I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Agency: The devaluation of the Iraqi currency eases the liquidity shortage only temporarily I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Agency: The devaluation of the Iraqi currency eases the liquidity shortage only temporarily I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Agency: The devaluation of the Iraqi currency eases the liquidity shortage only temporarily I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Agency: The devaluation of the Iraqi currency eases the liquidity shortage only temporarily I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Agency: The devaluation of the Iraqi currency eases the liquidity shortage only temporarily I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Agency: The devaluation of the Iraqi currency eases the liquidity shortage only temporarily I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Agency: The devaluation of the Iraqi currency eases the liquidity shortage only temporarily I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Agency: The devaluation of the Iraqi currency eases the liquidity shortage only temporarily I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Agency: The devaluation of the Iraqi currency eases the liquidity shortage only temporarily I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Agency: The devaluation of the Iraqi currency eases the liquidity shortage only temporarily I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Agency: The devaluation of the Iraqi currency eases the liquidity shortage only temporarily I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Agency: The devaluation of the Iraqi currency eases the liquidity shortage only temporarily I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Agency: The devaluation of the Iraqi currency eases the liquidity shortage only temporarily I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Agency: The devaluation of the Iraqi currency eases the liquidity shortage only temporarily I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
Agency: The devaluation of the Iraqi currency eases the liquidity shortage only temporarily I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
Agency: The devaluation of the Iraqi currency eases the liquidity shortage only temporarily I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

Agency: The devaluation of the Iraqi currency eases the liquidity shortage only temporarily

Go down

Agency: The devaluation of the Iraqi currency eases the liquidity shortage only temporarily Empty Agency: The devaluation of the Iraqi currency eases the liquidity shortage only temporarily

Post by claud39 Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:29 pm

Agency: The devaluation of the Iraqi currency eases the liquidity shortage only temporarily

07/01/2021

Agency: The devaluation of the Iraqi currency eases the liquidity shortage only temporarily %D8%B1%D9%88%D8%A7%D8%AA%D8%A8-696x464

The information / translation ...

Moody's Investor Surveys for the Management of American Economic Risks confirmed in a report, Thursday, that the devaluation of the Iraqi currency will alleviate the liquidity pressures in the short term only, and that in the event that the Iraqi government does not undertake structural reforms, this reduction will be only temporary.

"Reducing the value of the Iraqi dinar will strengthen the country's financial position in the near term by increasing oil revenues in the local currency, which will help it reduce the deficit," the British newspaper The National quoted in a report translated by Al-Maaloumah.

He added that " Iraq, which is the second largest oil exporter in OPEC, depends in 90 percent of government spending on oil revenues. Most of the borrowing was by purchasing short-term US government papers, which led to the erosion of its foreign currency reserves."

He continued, “According to the institution, the Iraqi government’s revenues declined by more than 40 percent during the first ten months of 2020 compared to the same period in 2019, while the fiscal deficit expanded to $ 12.5 billion. The sharp decline in oil prices also weakened the current account balance of Iraq and led to a significant decrease in the Central Bank's foreign exchange reserves to $ 50.1 billion in November of 2020 from $ 63.5 billion in April 2020.

The agency stated that “the short-term impact of devaluation on Iraq's debt will be mixed. It is expected that the debt-to-GDP ratio in Iraq will increase by about two percentage points, but it will reduce the debt-to-income ratio by 6 percentage points.

And that “a depreciation of the currency is likely to lead to an increase in inflation, given that Iraq imports a lot of food and consumer goods, however, any rise in inflation carries with it the risks of political and social stability.

Moody's analysts said that “if Iraq does not implement structural reforms to reduce the size of public sector wages and pension bills, reduce energy subsidies and increase non-oil revenues, the relief provided by the devaluation may be only temporary,” noting that “if the government is unable to control Spending this year, the central bank will face pressure to devalue the dinar further, threatening an inflationary spiral.

It is noteworthy that the World Bank said earlier last year that "millions of Iraqis may be forced into poverty due to the dual shocks of the epidemic and the collapse of oil prices." The Washington-based bank said that even in the "benign scenario," about 5.5 million Iraqis could be pushed into poverty. 

End / 25 z

https://www.almaalomah.com/2021/01/07/514167/
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum