Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Internet Panhandler Mnt. Goat News Brief 11/12/20 I_icon_minitimeToday at 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Internet Panhandler Mnt. Goat News Brief 11/12/20 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Internet Panhandler Mnt. Goat News Brief 11/12/20 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Internet Panhandler Mnt. Goat News Brief 11/12/20 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Internet Panhandler Mnt. Goat News Brief 11/12/20 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Internet Panhandler Mnt. Goat News Brief 11/12/20 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Internet Panhandler Mnt. Goat News Brief 11/12/20 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Internet Panhandler Mnt. Goat News Brief 11/12/20 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Internet Panhandler Mnt. Goat News Brief 11/12/20 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Internet Panhandler Mnt. Goat News Brief 11/12/20 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Internet Panhandler Mnt. Goat News Brief 11/12/20 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Internet Panhandler Mnt. Goat News Brief 11/12/20 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Internet Panhandler Mnt. Goat News Brief 11/12/20 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Internet Panhandler Mnt. Goat News Brief 11/12/20 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Internet Panhandler Mnt. Goat News Brief 11/12/20 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Internet Panhandler Mnt. Goat News Brief 11/12/20 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Internet Panhandler Mnt. Goat News Brief 11/12/20 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Internet Panhandler Mnt. Goat News Brief 11/12/20 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Internet Panhandler Mnt. Goat News Brief 11/12/20 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Internet Panhandler Mnt. Goat News Brief 11/12/20 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

Internet Panhandler Mnt. Goat News Brief 11/12/20

2 posters

Go down

Internet Panhandler Mnt. Goat News Brief 11/12/20 Empty Internet Panhandler Mnt. Goat News Brief 11/12/20

Post by RamblerNash Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:31 pm

Hi Everyone,

I bring you much news today.  

GIVE A GIFT TO MNT GOAT

I decided to allow everyone to give a Free-will GIFT to Mnt Goat on PayPal if you so desire. Here is the link below.

https:// paypal.me/ MntGoatNewsletter?locale.x=en_US

As usual, remember that for over 7 years, I have taken my own time from my gasthaus business to research and document findings about the revaluation of the Iraqi dinar. Please be generous but only if you can afford it and remember to give. I suggest $5-$10 a month but you decide. Whatever you can afford will be helpful in this time of Covid where nearly 50% of our business is now gone due to travel restrictions.

In Germany we have just had yet another major COVID lock-down. I feel strongly this is nothing more than an attempt to control us and show who is boss. This is all nonsense. They also lie here too on the number of people exposed and dying. It is all lies so don’t believe what you hear coming from Europe either. They want to kill the tourist business and this is all that is really dying.

This is really hurting the winter tourist season as we are just starting it. If this does not end soon it is going to destroy the entire German economy. I hardly have the words to thank everyone who is supporting my newsletter efforts with all your ongoing gifts. Thank You, Thank You and Thank You again. This has made a huge difference in our lives.

More news….

REINSTATEMENT UPDATE:

Nothing has changed and so we are just waiting until the new fiscal year 2021 clock to begin and the adjustments along with the project to delete the zeros may take place. Please do not listen to all this every day/ any day guru bullshit. How much long must you suffer through all their crap. For most of you it has been over 10 years already and so when are you going to learn?

Please continue to pray. This right now is the most important thing anyone can do. Pray that president Trump is re-elected and that they can expose these fraudulent votes. Also pray that those corrupt involved in all this are punished at “all levels” not just the small guys at the bottom. This is the most important part. So, over the last 4 years we witnessed a “coup” to try to take over the presidency with all their false narratives and lies. How can anyone now trust these news media channels?

Now we witnessed during the election another narrative of downloading massive votes for Biden into the system to try to overcome Trump. We also witnessed massive dumping of ballots in dumpsters. We only know about the ones we found. What about the thousands of votes we will never know about and be able to include in the legal count?

Anyone that says the majority of people want Biden are lying as the news media wants to make Biden already the president-elect. This is not legal as the votes must be counted and this corruption first accounted for.

There is a legal transition period between Dec 21 -Jan 21. So there is plenty of time to transition later. If Trump did begin to transition this would be construed as conceding. Get it? This is exactly what Biden and Harris wants. Remember in 2000 G. W. Bush vs Al Gore? It took about a month to get it right.

So, anyone in the news telling you that Trump, by not giving in (conceding to Biden) is going to destroy the integrity of the presidency is lying. It is all FAKE news lies. Again, more of CNN FAKE news. The FAKE news is trying to put pressure on the Trump administration to concede early and so this is all it is. They have been HATE bashers for Trump even before he was elected in 2016. They are part of the plot to destroy America and now this nonsense of false reporting on the election results, only proves it even more. The worst part of all of this is many of you listen to these idiots on CNN and other channels and believe this crap. Yes, this is the really sad part.  

More news….

A FUNDED ADVERTISEMENT IN THE PAGE OF NURI AL-MALIKI AS VICE PRESIDENT RAISES CONTROVERSY!

The pioneers of social networking sites in Iraq were surprised by a post funded through "Facebook" on the official page documented with the blue mark of the head of the State of Law coalition, Nuri al-Maliki, as he is the vice president of the republic. 

The adjective that the funded advertisement carried in the advertising library, that Al-Maliki, Vice President of the Republic, caused an uproar and astonishment among Iraqi bloggers on social networking sites, amid questions about the reason for adopting this official page.

(Mnt Goat – This guy has to go. The only reason he still exists is that he is a double agent for CIA and Iran. The US still finds him useful. The hell with the people of Iraq?)

More news….   

AN AMERICAN INSTITUTE EXPECTS A FINANCIAL COLLAPSE OF IRAQ IN 2021

The Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, based in the United States of America, stated that Iraq has been suffering from an internal financial crisis since last June, due to the collapse of global oil prices due to the outbreak of the Corona pandemic and the raging oil price war between Saudi Arabia and Russia .

The institute said in a report that "this financial crisis has repercussions in the short term as well as the long. In the short term, Baghdad finds it difficult to pay the salaries of public sector employees, which required the state to borrow money from the central bank during the summer ."

And with the decline in oil revenues, the report added, the monthly income of the state now covers only 50 percent of government expenditures.

In the longer term, Iraq faces a total financial collapse of the state, which is likely to happen during the next year, indicating that the country is finding it difficult to cover its monthly expenses .

It is noteworthy that the size of the public sector has expanded during the era of successive governments to the point that the total revenues achieved by the Iraqi state are no longer sufficient to pay the basic expenses, namely public sector salaries, contractual pensions, food aid, and the cost of social welfare programs, and the state now needs to spend more than Its revenues are in order to cover these basic expenses and remove the specter of want and deprivation from the majority of the Iraqi people .

In 2019, oil revenues averaged $ 6.5 million a month, to which were modest non-oil revenues added (which are mainly from customs duties, totaling much less than $ 1 billion per month). These government revenues covered operational expenses, leaving a small amount remaining for capital spending .

Since the recovery of oil prices after the deterioration in March, the average Iraqi oil revenues amounted to just over $ 3 billion per month, and reached $ 3.52 billion last August.

(Mnt Goat – this article news is why I keep telling everyone this is Iraq’s last chance to get it right. There will be no other time.)

Formal Articles are below. Due to FACEBOOK limitations they do not print my RED colored fonts or italics, so my comments are in brackets (  ) throughout the articles. I will preface my comments with “Mnt Goat” so you know I am jumping in with observations. Also, I separated the articles with asterisks.

Articles Begin

THE CENTRAL BANK AND INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATIONS DISCUSS MECHANISMS TO ENHANCE FINANCIAL INCLUSION

Economy News – The Central Bank of Iraq announced the organization of a workshop to prepare a strategy for financial inclusion in Iraq, in cooperation with the World Bank.

The Central Bank said in a press release received by Al-Iqtisad News, “ In cooperation with the Central Bank of Iraq, the World Bank organized a workshop to discuss steps for preparing a financial inclusion strategy in Iraq and the requirements for international support, as well as the role of partners from the public and private sectors in developing and implementing it, within the directions of the Central Bank. Iraq in the transformation towards financial inclusion and the development of the financial and banking sector, and the initiative of the Arab Monetary Fund to strengthen this strategy in the Arab countries.

He added that the workshop comes within the framework of the Arab Financial Inclusion Initiative organized by the Arab Monetary Fund in cooperation with the Global Alliance for Financial Inclusion and the German Organization for International Development, where the workshop discussed the importance of collecting data on financial inclusion indicators from the supply and demand sides.

According to the statement, the workshop was attended by a number of representatives of banks and payment companies, heads and members of the sub-committees emanating from the Supreme Committee for Financial Inclusion. Explaining that the Central Bank of Iraq has taken a number of measures in recent years to enhance financial inclusion, which contribute to facilitating the preparation of this strategy.

ACTIVATING THE FILES OF CORRUPTION AND SPEEDING UP THEIR RESOLUTION ARE AT THE TOP OF THE AGENDA FOR THE AL-ARAJI AND ZIDAN MEETING

Baghdad – National Security Adviser Qassem Al-Araji discussed, on Tuesday, with the President of the Supreme Judicial Council, Judge Faiq Zaidan, activating the files of corruption and expediting their resolution, according to the government curriculum.

The media office of Al-Araji stated in a statement, of which “people” received a copy, (November 3, 2020), that “National Security Adviser Qassem Al-Araji met today with the President of the Supreme Judicial Council, Judge Faiq Zidan, and Al-Araji discussed with the President of the Supreme Judicial Council, coordination and cooperation between The National Security Adviser and the Supreme Judicial Council, with regard to issues of mutual interest, security and judicial files, as well as combating terrorism and organized crime.

The statement added, “Al-Araji reviewed, during the meeting, the directives of the Prime Minister, Mustafa Al-Kazemi, regarding activating corruption files and expediting their resolution, according to what was mentioned in the government curriculum, as well as discussing many issues that would complete the current reform process, to advance state institutions.” And upgrading its work. ”

PARLIAMENT .. HOSTING THE BANK’S GOVERNOR TO FIND OUT THE FATE OF 180 BILLION DINARS PER MONTH, CURRENCY AUCTION PROFITS

The Parliamentary Integrity Committee revealed, on Tuesday, that the Central Bank obtained monthly profits of 180 billion dinars from the auction of selling the currency, indicating that it will host the governor of the bank tomorrow, Wednesday, to know the fate of that money and suspicions of corruption in it .

A member of the Integrity Committee, Khaled Al-Jashami, said, "Iraq receives monthly amounts of more than 3 billion dollars from the sale of oil, which are imports ."

He added that "these sums are sold monthly at a currency auction, the 100 dollar denomination of paper to the banks, for 119 thousand dinars," noting that "the price of the 100 dollar bill achieves 6 thousand dinars ."

"The total profits from selling the dollar at the auction sell the currency reach 180 billion dinars every month, and it is supposed to return to the state treasury to benefit from it by securing the salaries of employees and others, " Al- Jushami said .

He added that the committee decided to host tomorrow the Governor of the Central Bank of Iraq and to know the fate of that money and suspicions of corruption that hover around the currency auction.

PARLIAMENTARY FINANCE TODAY PUT THE FINAL TOUCHES ON {BORROWING} AND REVEALS THE AMOUNT

November 10, 2020 Walter

11/10/2020 

{Baghdad: Al Furat News} The Parliamentary Finance Committee will hold a meeting today, Tuesday, to finalize the draft law on financing the fiscal deficit {borrowing} to be included on the agenda of the parliament session tomorrow, Wednesday.

Committee member, Representative Jamal Cougar, said in a press statement that “the Finance Committee agreed with Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi in the last meeting with him yesterday, Monday, to pass a law on financing the fiscal deficit,” noting that “the amount of borrowing allowed to the government in the law will be determined by the committee in its meeting today.” .

He added that “the cabinet and in the draft law set the amount at 41 trillion dinars, but at the meeting the amount WAS REDUCED TO 31 TRILLION,” NOTING THAT “THE COMMITTEE WILL DETERMINE THE AMOUNT BETWEEN 15 TO 20 TRILLION DINARS, in a manner that guarantees the salaries of employees and the necessary expenditures.”

Yesterday, Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi was accused of “trying by some to use the financial liquidity crisis as a political material.” Al-Kazemi added in a tweet on Twitter:

“I look forward to parliament’s cooperation to pass the financial measures to start paying salaries and build our country,” he added. Al-Kazemi met yesterday with members of the Parliamentary Finance Committee regarding the borrowing law.

“A positive atmosphere dominated by a sense of shared responsibility prevailed over the prime minister’s meeting with the president and members of the Parliamentary Finance Committee,” the spokesman for the Prime Minister, Ahmad Mulla Talal, said in a tweet.

He added, “The employee’s sustenance and the need to secure it quickly was a common concern, and we look forward to voting on a law to cover the fiscal deficit next Thursday to start launching employees’ salaries.”For his part, the reporter of the Finance Committee, Ahmed Al-Saffar, told {Al-Furat News}, “We agreed during the meeting to release salaries and the parliament, in turn, PLEDGED TO PASS THE LAW, BUT NOT WITH THE AMOUNT REQUESTED BY THE GOVERNMENT (41 TRILLION DINARS).

He explained, “We told the Minister of Finance that he will not start distributing salaries until the law is approved this week.” Ammar Al-Masoudi.

White Paper and the Future of the Economy

link

The white paper issued by the Iraqi Government highlighted many of the challenges facing the Iraqi economy and the implications for Iraq's economic future if the situation continues, but this difficult reality must not diminish the potential of the Iraqi economy, led by an untapped youth force.

The population of Iraq is more than 40 million, and the average age of an Iraqi is 21 years, making Iraq one of the smallest countries in the world. This class is not only a force that can be trained and invested for production, and this makes Iraq an attractive market for international companies to serve as consumers.

The public sector in Iraq cannot be relied upon only to accommodate this young class, so the government should move to empower this class to work in the private sector and encourage them towards entrepreneurship and turn them into creative energy in support of this sector, in most cases this trend requires the government to plan long-term and appoint advisers to draw up plans to implement these goals, but the difficult reality forces us to move quickly, and may be the opportunity to replicate steps that have succeeded in other countries after adjusting them to meet the needs of the Iraq, here are proposals that can be applied from this point of view: here is imperative to build vocational training programs for new areas: the modern economy needs non-traditional disciplines such as software engineering and data science and financial technology, and the government can partner with international education platforms to provide their programs at very low prices, or pay after employment, also can develop educational programs and support initiatives with large technology companies, where they are usually part of large contracts programs to develop local capacities, There are a lot of these programs around Africa as an example of microsoft's 4afrika program.

Creating free zones we can follow in the footsteps of Dubai and other cities in the Gulf that have established successful free zones, which are usually characterized by facilities around the registration and investment of companies, in addition, they can make these areas as gatherings of competent energies and make them sources of innovation and creativity, like many similar areas around the world.

Protecting investors' rights: Investing in small companies brings significant risks to investors globally and the environment in Iraq poses additional challenges, the government should consider establishing legal provisions and facilities that help protect investors' rights.

Financial Risk Reduction Tools: The government may start setting up investment funds for Iraqi companies, but to encourage private investment, the government should think more about providing investment risk reduction tools and guarantees to investors, by providing investors with tax breaks or supporting investments, many of which are in the UK, the most common of which is a program known as EISIS/SE, which provides investors with guarantees of 75% of private investment in the form of tax exemptions. Iraq does not have clear laws today to regulate the operation of these funds, which is an obstacle to encouraging regulated private investment.

THE IRREFUTABLE LOGIC OF NUMBERS AND THE INEVITABILITY OF REFORM IN IRAQ

MENASOURCE

by Ahmed Tabaqchali

On October 13, Iraq’s Council of Ministers endorsed the White Paper for financial and fiscal reform. While, on the surface, the paper might appear to be yet another economic reform package in response to a fiscal crisis brought about by falling oil revenues, THE LOFTY GOALS ARE LIKELY TO BE FORGOTTEN AS SOON AS RISING OIL PRICES RESCUE THE STATE FROM ITS CURRENT QUAGMIRE.

However, the paper—a first for any Iraqi government—identifies the fault lines in the economy and the political system that fostered them. Without specifically stating so, it aims to UPEND THE STAGNANT STATUS QUO BY PROPOSING TO REDEFINE THE ROLE OF THE STATE IN THE ECONOMY AND SOCIETY AWAY FROM THE PRIOR MODEL THAT PREVAILED DURING THE 1970S, WHICH MUSHROOMED TO UNSUSTAINABLE LEVELS IN THE POST-2003 WAR YEARS.

A key target of the reform process and the root cause of Iraq’s financial and liquidity crisis is its structurally unbalanced budget—the vehicle through which the state has expanded and maintained its role in the economy and society. Among the first elements introduced includes real fiscal discipline, part of a long-term structural shift to the federal budget that is expected to be incorporated for the first time into the 2021 budget. THIS WILL AFFECT THE SALARIES AND ENTIRE SYSTEM OF SUBSIDES, THAT WILL BE GRADUALLY CUT OVER A THREE YEAR PERIOD, FROM A PROJECTED 25 PERCENT AND 13 PERCENT RESPECTIVELY IN 2020 ESTIMATED GDP, TO 12.5 PERCENT AND 5 PERCENT OF 2023’S GDP. Another significant first is to reduce financial support to State Owned Enterprises (SOE’s) by 30 percent a year.

However, achieving this is fraught with difficulties, given the political sensitivities and vested interests in these two issues. This is because they were the tools through which the post-2003 order exercised its patrimonial role as a redistributor of the oil wealth in exchange for social acquiescence of its rule and, thus, any change would mark the start of the order’s unravelling.

In a promising development, Iraq’s Finance Minister Ali Allawi noted in an interview following the paper’s endorsement by the Council of Ministers that, “There is less denial; before it was all denial.” This shift in attitude has come about with the slow realization that the current crisis is unlike others and a grudging acceptance of the White Paper’s main thrust: though the crisis brought on by the fall in oil prices due to COVID-19 was unforeseeable, the economy’s accumulated structural imbalances, compounded by demographic pressures, would have inevitably led to a similar economic and fiscal crisis.

Furthermore, the White Paper asserts that the current crisis manifested itself in the budget’s un-resolvable quandary of a rising and a rigid current spending item versus variable and unpredictable oil prices (table below), as would happen in an inevitable future crisis.

And, so, irrespective of the different assumptions made for 2020 and 2021, the federal budget will incur a significant deficit that it cannot finance as it did in the past (i.e. through a combination of accumulating arrears to the domestic private sector and to International Oil Companies (IOC’s) and through foreign and domestic borrowing). The key departure from the past is that accumulating arrears to the domestic private sector will amplify the COVID-19 stresses on the domestic economy, while foreign support is unlikely given the high spending undertaken so far, and likely to increase by governments worldwide—estimated by the International Monterey Fund (IMF) at $11.7 trillion or 12 percent of estimated global GDP for 2020—to support households and businesses to combat the negative effects of the pandemic. Moreover, domestic borrowing, which accounted for the bulk of borrowing during the 2014-2017 twin crises of the Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham (ISIS) and the fall in oil prices, cannot be relied upon in the current crises as debt levels are now higher than they were at the heights of the last crises.

ULTIMATELY, WITHOUT IMPLEMENTING THE REFORMS PROPOSED BY THE WHITE PAPER, THE ONLY AVAILABLE ROUTE IS INDIRECT MONETARY FINANCING BY THE CENTRAL BANK OF IRAQ (CBI), WHICH WILL INEVITABLY LEAD TO THE EROSION OF ITS RESERVES. Those reserves could decline to dangerously low levels in only nine months, prompting a currency crisis and a likely forced devaluation of the Iraqi dinar. 

While a devaluation is seen by the political elite as the preferred solution for stretching the state’s diminishing oil revenues to cover its expenditures—particularly the payments of salaries and pensions—the paper argues that this will soon unravel as prices for goods and services would rise in lockstep with the devaluation. This would amount to an increase in the cost of living and, thus, lower the living standards of the majority of the population—estimated at 40.2 million for 2020—given the country’s high dependence on imports to satisfy consumption of goods and services.

WHILE THE OUTLOOK AND PROGNOSIS FOR IRAQ SEEMS GRIM, IT IS THIS GRIMNESS THAT FINALLY PROMISES TO UNLOCK IRAQ’S POTENTIAL AND IS THE ONLY EFFECTIVE GUARANTOR FOR THE SUCCESS OF REFORM. The White Paper’s recommendations, while difficult to implement, are technically achievable. The real obstacle to reform—now, as in the past—IS THE LACK OF POLITICAL WILL TO ACT ON REFORM OR, MORE ACCURATELY, THE STRONG POLITICAL WILL TO PRESERVE THE STATUS QUO. However, the severity of the current crises has closed the door on the half-hearted ad hoc measures of the past, leaving no option other than structural reforms.

Ahmed Tabaqchali is the Chief Investment Officer of Asia Frontier Capital’s Iraq Fund. He is also a senior fellow at the Institute of Regional and International Studies (IRIS) and an adjunct assistant professor at the American University of Iraq (AUIS).

(Mnt Goat – Did you read this part and I quote “is the lack of political will to act on reform or, more accurately, the strong political will to preserve the status quo”. We see the same in the US with this social bullshit being shoved down the throats thru propaganda. But like Iraq there is a way out of these corrupt politicians who want to implement this socialist UN global agenda on America. The solution is for all of us to stick together and not let them divide us. We must not be weak and stand strong in our Christian values and morals. We must take back our  country just as Iraq to is a prime example of what happens when you are fooled and let it go too far. Now they are stuck. Let us not let this happen to America!)

(Mnt Goat - I do not normally want to report on the Vietnam Dong as my site is about the Iraqi dinar. I do not believe in some fictious GCR. But many of you asked me over the last couple weeks, so here is some information. Do not count on me continuing this.)

EURASIA REVIEW: DEBUNKING VIETNAM'S CURRENCY MANIPULATION

(11/12/20)

The US Treasury is investigating whether Vietnam is manipulating (over-devaluing) its currency. This is driven by a growing bilateral trade surplus with the United States — a variable of special concern to the current White House but to very few economists.

It is the overall trade balance which would be relevant. That is close to balance — the (relatively) large 2019 trade surplus was only 4 per cent of imports. Most other years this decade the trade balances have been smaller or even negative. Another test would be if foreign exchange reserves were ‘excessive’ and at 3–4 months of imports, they are well within the range of normal holdings.

One can also look at the evolution of the exchange rate. In 2010, there was a trade deficit and the exchange rate averaged 18,613 dong to the dollar. In 2019, with the overall modest trade surplus, it was 23,050 and is little changed for most of 2020.

But the inflation differential more than explained the dong’s movement. Vietnam’s GDP deflator grew 62 per cent from 2010 to 2019 while the US deflator was up 17 per cent. If Vietnam’s currency had depreciated by the amount of Vietnam’s ‘extra’ inflation, it would have depreciated by 38 per cent and the dong should have depreciated to more than 25,000. Under purchasing power economic theory, exchange rates reflect inflation differentials.

If Vietnam is manipulating its currency, it is keeping it overvalued and making it harder to export, not easier. So, what is going on?

response to rising tensions with China and its rising labour costs, many companies adopted a ‘China+1’ strategy earlier in the last decade — often locating assembly factories for garments, shoes and electronics in Vietnam. With the more recent trade war sparked by US President Donald Trump, the policy changed to an ‘ABC’ (anywhere but China) strategy, and very quickly.

This has led to the migration of export production to Vietnam. Exports of goods rose from US$150 billion in 2014 to US$264 billion in 2019. They even grew in 2020, by 2 per cent through September. But imports of goods also grew quickly, from US$148 billion in 2014 to US$253 billion in 2019 — falling slightly (0.8 per cent) in 2020. The value added of the FDI exports is typically very low and a lot of the ‘Vietnamese’ surplus with the United States reflects imported inputs from the rest of Asia.

The IMF shows a current account surplus of 4.9 per cent of GDP in 2014 falling to 2.2 per cent of GDP in 2019. The balance on goods and services in 2020 through September was US$8 billion. Neither the trade surplus, current account balance or foreign exchange reserves show any sign of significant or increasing currency manipulation.

The values of other currencies — such as the euro and renminbi — are also important for Vietnam. The dollar was strong into 2019 due to Federal Reserve interest rate increases from near zero before 2016 to more than 2 per cent in late 2019 — at a time when EU and Japanese interest rates were much lower. The US trade deficit with all countries grew from US$490 billion in 2014 to US$617 billion in 2019. A large tax cut and full employment in the United States in 2017 increased demand and contributed to the growing trade deficit. The overall US trade deficit is largely caused by excess demand and a strong dollar.

The focus should be on the deluge of FDI — the World Bank data say there was a net inflow of US$9.2 billion in 2014 rising to US$16.1 billion in 2019. Much of this investment is aimed for export, but its production has low value added. An estimate for smart phone exports puts labor value added at 2 per cent of sales value and there are single digit estimates of total value added for chip assembly.

This is why the current account is nearly balanced — imports are coming in, little value added occurs and exports look big but mostly reflect production in other places. There is a remote possibility that Vietnam might seriously manipulate its currency in the future, but unlike China, it wants good relations with the OECD and the United States. It is much more willing to negotiate surveillance and management practices.

Some of the runup in exports is already hitting limits — the labor force wanting to work in factories is largely used up and there is a limited amount of agricultural labor willing and able to transfer to factories. Much of the declining agricultural labor force is aging. Young educated workers — increasing in number — do not aim for factory jobs.

This means the total factory labor supply may stagnate or even fall in the current decade. The main ‘crime’ of Vietnam is to be in the right place at the right time and to take advantage of global developments in which they have little influence.

It is likely that if Vietnam can spend more on infrastructure, it will. Its cities and rural areas need more transportation investments. Its electrical grid needs billions of dollars of upgrading. Water and sewerage systems need improvements. Such spending does not happen immediately, but it will follow. When it happens, imports will grow more than exports. Tariffs are low and falling.

The growth of smarter and cheaper robots and 3D printing is also likely to decrease demand for overseas labor. The United Nations estimates that robots could displace 75–85 per cent of labor in electronics assembly, garments and shoes — all major exports of Vietnam. If export production migrates to where it is consumed, Vietnam’s real economy and currency would both be in trouble.

Articles End

Their words not mine…..No Rumors, No Hype, No Opinions ,,,,,

Just the FACTS!

Disclaimer: All information in this newsletter is not intended for investment decisions / purposes. Mnt Goat is not a financial analyst, planner, banker, attorney or associated in any role with giving out professional investment advice.

In ending I want everyone to know your constant prayers in the fight against evil is working in the battle against the corruption of Iran in Iraq, the corruption of the democrat party in the USA and the corruption of the labor party in the UK. Yes, your prayers ARE WORKING. God has guided these patriotic men and women on this new battle field. It is a battle for the mind filled with propaganda and lies. He has guided the honest, patriots of Iraq, the USA and the UK to fight for their homeland.

So, this new war now on our citizens is underway. 3 corrupt countries, 3 heroic men and 3 miracles. God’s Hand At Work!

New battles are raging every day over corruption. These are battles to save our societies from the corrupt politicians and secret societies who are bent on taking what they want from our current wealth and from future generations without our permission. It is a battle against this crooked idealism of globalization and a One World Government of enslavement.

We must keep praying for the end to the rapid corruption and enslavement of people. We must pray for our leaders that they may be anointed by the Holy Spirit and guided to do God’s work. We must stand by them and let them know we are still there to support them, even after the election is over. I have composed a prayer maybe we can all pray today in our own way and until the reinstatement of the Iraq dinar occurs.

PRAYER

“For all leaders of all nations, that they may be anointed by the Holy Spirit to do God’s will and work to bring about abundance and prosperity to their nation. That they may listen to the Holy Spirit for guidance in fighting this war on us. 

To fight this waging war on corruption, our freedoms, our liberties, socialist plans and injustice.

To bring all those corrupt to justice and pay for their crimes no matter how high up in the government or politics they are.

To end the corona virus “man-made crisis” and to awaken people everywhere of the dark side and the tools it will use to gain power and control.

That the FREE WORLD may be a shining example for the rest of the entire planet.

In the name of Jesus Christ our King and Savior, Amen” 

P.S. (Please if you can – say the rosary every day. You can do it while you take your daily run or walk. You can do while you lie in bed in the morning or nighttime before sleep. You don’t even need a set of rosary beads as you can use your ten fingers ...lol..lol..lol… )

Auf Wiedersehen

Much love to ya all,

Mnt Goat

Internet Panhandler Mnt. Goat News Brief 11/12/20 258310255 
>>>TNTBS's YouTube Channel<<<
RamblerNash
RamblerNash
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Internet Panhandler Mnt. Goat News Brief 11/12/20 Empty Re: Internet Panhandler Mnt. Goat News Brief 11/12/20

Post by Ethel Biscuit Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:00 pm

It seems to be overwhelmingly Republicans/right-wingers who are caught up in this dinar RV scam, either as victims or perpetrators. I wonder just why that is.

picking  "Scum" - Sue Winters
Ethel Biscuit
Ethel Biscuit
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum