Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Because of the militias and clans ... Thousands of investments fled Iraq I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Because of the militias and clans ... Thousands of investments fled Iraq I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
Because of the militias and clans ... Thousands of investments fled Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Because of the militias and clans ... Thousands of investments fled Iraq I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Because of the militias and clans ... Thousands of investments fled Iraq I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Because of the militias and clans ... Thousands of investments fled Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Because of the militias and clans ... Thousands of investments fled Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Because of the militias and clans ... Thousands of investments fled Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Because of the militias and clans ... Thousands of investments fled Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Because of the militias and clans ... Thousands of investments fled Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Because of the militias and clans ... Thousands of investments fled Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Because of the militias and clans ... Thousands of investments fled Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Because of the militias and clans ... Thousands of investments fled Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Because of the militias and clans ... Thousands of investments fled Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Because of the militias and clans ... Thousands of investments fled Iraq I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Because of the militias and clans ... Thousands of investments fled Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Because of the militias and clans ... Thousands of investments fled Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Because of the militias and clans ... Thousands of investments fled Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
Because of the militias and clans ... Thousands of investments fled Iraq I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
Because of the militias and clans ... Thousands of investments fled Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

Because of the militias and clans ... Thousands of investments fled Iraq

Go down

Because of the militias and clans ... Thousands of investments fled Iraq Empty Because of the militias and clans ... Thousands of investments fled Iraq

Post by GirlBye Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:51 am

Because of the militias and clans ... Thousands of investments fled Iraq %D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A7%D8%B3%D8%AA%D8%AB%D9%85%D8%A7%D8%B1%D8%A7%D8%AA-%D9%81%D9%8A-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B9%D8%B1%D8%A7%D9%82-780x470

MENA Observatory - Iraq

More than 6 thousand economic projects of Iraqi and foreign investors have stopped in Iraq, during the period between 2008 and 2019, for fear of retaliation by militias that demand of project owners to pay money permanently.

Investors were forced to withdraw from the projects due to tensions with militias and clans. The Malaysian "Petronas" company threatened a few days ago to leave the Garraf oil field after tensions with clans living near the field.

According to a report by Al-Monitor, “Petronas is not the only company facing financial demands from parties, militias and tribes in Iraq. On the 15th of October, an unknown force raided a residential investment complex in Salah al-Din Governorate, and detained workers for more than three Hours and threatened to kill them if they resume work.

The site quoted a member of the Board of Directors of the Transparency Initiative in the Iraqi Extractive Industries, Muhammad Rahim al-Rubaie, as saying that “foreign investors and companies operating in the country are facing more extortion attempts,” explaining that “some tribes claim to own lands abandoned for decades, claiming that these properties are Go back to their parents and grandparents, in order to obtain financial compensation from the oil companies or investors. ”

Al-Rubaie asserted that the Iraqi government had paid the tribes huge sums as compensation, despite the fact that the lands they claim to own are considered state property, indicating that “the next stage of extortion is forcing companies to hire tribesmen despite not having any experience.”

Al-Rubaie added, "During the past few years, tribal extortion has taken a religious form," asserting that "some companies were forced to pay a lot of money to build religious shrines."

Despite the availability of hundreds of promising investment opportunities, most Iraqi investors prefer to go to neighboring countries such as Turkey, Jordan, Iran, Egypt and the UAE due to bureaucracy, corruption, extortion and weak law, according to the website's report.

In turn, the head of the Investors Association in Iraq, Alaa Al-Mousawi, considered that the Iraqi economy is suffering as a result of having to employ the unskilled labor imposed by the tribes and militias, stressing that the attempts of extortion and external interference in corporate affairs have led to the deportation of investors and depriving the economy of the opportunity to create new jobs.

On the other hand, the economist “Karim Akrawi” indicated that most foreign companies want to withdraw from Iraq due to the interference of armed groups and tribes in their operations and the absence of state protection, stressing that interference in corporate affairs affects the quality of work and increases costs, adding, “If it is legitimate What usually costs the state $ 10 million, may double to $ 20 million in such a climate.

https://mena-monitor.org/%D8%A8%D8%B3%D8%A8%D8%A8-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%85%D9%8A%D9%84%D9%8A%D8%B4%D9%8A%D8%A7%D8%AA-%D9%88%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B9%D8%B4%D8%A7%D8%A6%D8%B1-%D9%87%D8%B1%D9%88%D8%A8-%D8%A2%D9%84%D8%A7%D9%81-%D8%A7%D9%84/
GirlBye
GirlBye
VIP NewsHound
VIP NewsHound

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum