Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
 How Siemens is helping Iraq fight $12bn of electricity theft a year I_icon_minitimeToday at 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
 How Siemens is helping Iraq fight $12bn of electricity theft a year I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
 How Siemens is helping Iraq fight $12bn of electricity theft a year I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
 How Siemens is helping Iraq fight $12bn of electricity theft a year I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
 How Siemens is helping Iraq fight $12bn of electricity theft a year I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
 How Siemens is helping Iraq fight $12bn of electricity theft a year I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
 How Siemens is helping Iraq fight $12bn of electricity theft a year I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
 How Siemens is helping Iraq fight $12bn of electricity theft a year I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
 How Siemens is helping Iraq fight $12bn of electricity theft a year I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
 How Siemens is helping Iraq fight $12bn of electricity theft a year I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
 How Siemens is helping Iraq fight $12bn of electricity theft a year I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
 How Siemens is helping Iraq fight $12bn of electricity theft a year I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
 How Siemens is helping Iraq fight $12bn of electricity theft a year I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
 How Siemens is helping Iraq fight $12bn of electricity theft a year I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
 How Siemens is helping Iraq fight $12bn of electricity theft a year I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
 How Siemens is helping Iraq fight $12bn of electricity theft a year I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
 How Siemens is helping Iraq fight $12bn of electricity theft a year I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
 How Siemens is helping Iraq fight $12bn of electricity theft a year I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
 How Siemens is helping Iraq fight $12bn of electricity theft a year I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
 How Siemens is helping Iraq fight $12bn of electricity theft a year I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

How Siemens is helping Iraq fight $12bn of electricity theft a year

Go down

How Siemens is helping Iraq fight $12bn of electricity theft a year Empty How Siemens is helping Iraq fight $12bn of electricity theft a year

Post by GirlBye Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:22 pm

How Siemens is helping Iraq fight $12bn of electricity theft a year Bz2210-Siersdorfer
Siemens is helping the Iraqi government manage losses by helping implement an advanced digital collections system, said Mr Siersdorfer. Dana Smillie for The National

Iraq lost an estimated $12bn to electricity theft, the country’s former electricity minister Luay Al Khateeb said earlier this year

German industrial giant Siemens is in discussions with Iraq's government to advance work on phase two of its $15 billion roadmap for power rehabilitation, as it also helps the country stem technical and piracy-related losses. "There are two projects which are not yet finalised and we are working on the financial close of these projects,” Dietmar Siersdorfer, Middle East and UAE managing director at Siemens Energy told The National in an interview.

The company is in talks to reach financial close on power projects that will add 1.3 Gigawatts to Iraq's grid by the summer of 2021.  
Siemens has already added 791 megawatts of power capacity to the Iraqi grid, which is sufficient to provide electricity to nearly 3 million people, according to the company.

Rebuilding Iraq's power infrastructure, damaged by decades of war, is high on the government’s list of priorities. A crippled utility network has been a key factor behind protests across provinces during summer months, when temperatures can easily reach 50°C.

Siemens signs substation contract with Iraq's electricity ministry. “We are in the first phase, we are trying conclude projects to build up new generation....and we are looking now into the projects that they will put in place for phase two,” Mr Siersdorfer said.

Siemens will bring online the Maysan, Rumaila and Shatt Al Basra plants that are expected to add 2,200 megawatts of capacity to grid. 
The company also signed a $1.3bn agreement to rebuild two power plants destroyed by ISIS as part of phase two of the roadmap last year.

The Munich-based company is helping the Iraqi electricity ministry manage systemic losses, which cost the power sector and government billions of dollars in lost revenue weakening an already fragile economy. Iraq, Opec’s second-largest producer has seen revenues decline from the impact of low oil prices resulting from the Covid-19 pandemic. Its economy is forecast to contract 12.1 per cent this year, according to the International Monetary Fund.

Iraq lost an estimated $12bn to electricity theft in 2019, the country’s former electricity minister Luay Al Khateeb said earlier this year.  
About half of nearly four million registered units “thrived” on power piracy leading to lost revenue for the government, according to Mr Al Khateeb.  Siemens is helping the Iraqi government manage such losses by helping implement an advanced digital collections system that will plug in gaps in payments.  “You need to establish different systems in order to do the collection of the electricity bills because [much] electricity is consumed but it's never paid,” Mr Siersdorfer said.

"The government is also working on pilot projects now to implement them, and we are supporting them on this technology so that they implement the collections system,” he added. Siemens will test a billing system in Iraq that has worked successfully in Latin America and Africa to limit losses to utility providers. The system will also allow end users to access electricity in a pre-paid mode.

"You can pay with your cell phone for your electricity. You can buy now for €10 or $10-worth of electricity,” Mr Siersdorfer said.

Iraq's government is currently looking to partner with firms to help support the implementation of a viable and efficient distribution system. “They're looking also for partners, private companies - public-private partnerships in order to enable collections,” said Mr Siersdorfer. An effective collections system will also enable job creation, as a functioning distribution and transmission network requires adequate infrastructure as well as metering technology that needs to be locally manufactured.

Siemens is also helping Baghdad access financing for its electricity rehabilitation schemes. Having the right mechanism and framework will help the country shore up its finances. “We are also looking into finding partners that go into private investments for some of the assets that have to be built,” Mr Siersdorfer said.  On Tuesday, Iraq's oil minister Ihsan Abdul Jabbar, said he anticipated delays in several energy infrastructure projects, but said the country’s crude capacity would reach 7 million barrels per day by 2027.

https://www.thenationalnews.com/business/energy/how-siemens-is-helping-iraq-fight-12bn-of-electricity-theft-a-year-1.1097337
GirlBye
GirlBye
VIP NewsHound
VIP NewsHound

Back to top Go down

How Siemens is helping Iraq fight $12bn of electricity theft a year Empty German Siemens: We added 791 megawatts to the electrical energy in Iraq

Post by GirlBye Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:03 pm

He added that the company is in talks to reach a financial closure of power projects which will add 1.3 gigawatts to the Iraqi electricity grid by the summer of 2021, and Siemens said already 791 megawatts of electric power to the Iraqi network, which is enough to provide electricity for about 3 million people

A report by the British newspaper The National confirmed in a report, Thursday, that the German industrial giant Siemens is in discussions with the Iraqi government to push work on the second phase of a $ 15 billion roadmap for energy rehabilitation, and it also helps the country to stop technical losses related to bypass. On the electrical network.

The newspaper quoted the managing director in the Middle East of Siemens Energy, Dietmar Searsdorfer, as saying in an exclusive interview, "There are two projects that have not been completed yet, and we are working on the financial closure of these projects."

The report continued that the habit of building energy infrastructure in Iraq, which has been destroyed by decades of war, is at the top of the government's list of priorities. The disrupted network of facilities was a major factor behind the protests across the Iraqi provinces during the summer months, when temperatures reached 50 degrees Celsius, Sursdorfer said, We ​​are in the first phase, trying to complete projects to build a new generation and we are now looking at the projects that they will put in place. For the second stage.

He continued, Siemens is working to connect the stations in Maysan, Rumaila and Shatt Al Basra, which are expected to add 2,200 megawatts of energy to the grid, and the company has also signed an agreement worth $ 1.3 billion to rebuild two power plants destroyed by ISIS as part of the second phase of the road map last year.

The report noted that Siemens will test the billing system in Iraq that has succeeded in Latin America and Africa to reduce losses to service providers, as the system will also allow end-users to access electricity in prepaid mode.

You can pay with your cell phone for electricity, as you can now buy 10 pounds or 10 dollars worth of electricity, and the efficient collection system will also enable job creation, as the operating distribution and transportation network requires adequate infrastructure in addition to measuring technology that needs to be manufactured, said Searsdorfer. locally".

The Munich-based company is helping the Iraqi Ministry of Electricity manage systemic losses, which have cost the energy sector and the government billions of dollars in lost revenues, weakening the already fragile economy, while former Electricity Minister Luay Al-Khatib said earlier this year that Iraq had lost an estimated $ 12 billion due to electricity theft in 2019.

https://iraqakhbar.com/2717790
GirlBye
GirlBye
VIP NewsHound
VIP NewsHound

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum