Page 1 of 1
Finance Minister "Ali Allawi" told the Associated Press:
- There is a growing political will to undertake the fundamental reforms needed for the country to address the massive liquidity crisis that has pushed Iraq to the brink of collapse.
- The Reform Paper is a paper designed to create a strategic and political framework for a new Iraqi economy.
- The absence of support from key political elites has undermined similar efforts in the past; The Kazemi government continues to rely on parliament approval for the vision to gain momentum.
- Aspects of the plan outlined in the paper will be incorporated into the 2021 budget, which will require a vote in Parliament; Government support in the electricity and oil sectors will face special scrutiny.
- Part of the public sector finance problem is the sheer scale of subsidies, and we intend to address this directly in the 2021 budget.
- The public debate focused on the white paper that aims to reduce public wages from 25 percent of GDP to 12 percent.
- I've said many times before, that the share of oil revenue earmarked for salaries in 2004 was 20 percent, and now it's 120 percent.
- VIP Member
- Posts : 1124
Join date : 2018-07-09
Location : So Cal
Page 1 of 1
Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum