Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Iraqi commercial jets can use Israeli airspace; means cheaper, more direct flights, after Jordan-Israel accord I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Iraqi commercial jets can use Israeli airspace; means cheaper, more direct flights, after Jordan-Israel accord I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Iraqi commercial jets can use Israeli airspace; means cheaper, more direct flights, after Jordan-Israel accord I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Iraqi commercial jets can use Israeli airspace; means cheaper, more direct flights, after Jordan-Israel accord I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Iraqi commercial jets can use Israeli airspace; means cheaper, more direct flights, after Jordan-Israel accord I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Iraqi commercial jets can use Israeli airspace; means cheaper, more direct flights, after Jordan-Israel accord I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Iraqi commercial jets can use Israeli airspace; means cheaper, more direct flights, after Jordan-Israel accord I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Iraqi commercial jets can use Israeli airspace; means cheaper, more direct flights, after Jordan-Israel accord I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Iraqi commercial jets can use Israeli airspace; means cheaper, more direct flights, after Jordan-Israel accord I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Iraqi commercial jets can use Israeli airspace; means cheaper, more direct flights, after Jordan-Israel accord I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Iraqi commercial jets can use Israeli airspace; means cheaper, more direct flights, after Jordan-Israel accord I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Iraqi commercial jets can use Israeli airspace; means cheaper, more direct flights, after Jordan-Israel accord I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Iraqi commercial jets can use Israeli airspace; means cheaper, more direct flights, after Jordan-Israel accord I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Iraqi commercial jets can use Israeli airspace; means cheaper, more direct flights, after Jordan-Israel accord I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Iraqi commercial jets can use Israeli airspace; means cheaper, more direct flights, after Jordan-Israel accord I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Iraqi commercial jets can use Israeli airspace; means cheaper, more direct flights, after Jordan-Israel accord I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Iraqi commercial jets can use Israeli airspace; means cheaper, more direct flights, after Jordan-Israel accord I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Iraqi commercial jets can use Israeli airspace; means cheaper, more direct flights, after Jordan-Israel accord I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Iraqi commercial jets can use Israeli airspace; means cheaper, more direct flights, after Jordan-Israel accord I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Iraqi commercial jets can use Israeli airspace; means cheaper, more direct flights, after Jordan-Israel accord I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

Iraqi commercial jets can use Israeli airspace; means cheaper, more direct flights, after Jordan-Israel accord

Go down

Iraqi commercial jets can use Israeli airspace; means cheaper, more direct flights, after Jordan-Israel accord Empty Iraqi commercial jets can use Israeli airspace; means cheaper, more direct flights, after Jordan-Israel accord

Post by GirlBye Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:19 am

Iraqi commercial jets can use Israeli airspace; means cheaper, more direct flights, after Jordan-Israel accord
Iraqi commercial jets can use Israeli airspace; means cheaper, more direct flights, after Jordan-Israel accord El_al_israel-afp_file-3_20

Israeli passenger planes. (Photo: AFP)

WASHINGTON DC (Kurdistan 24) – Israel and Jordan reached an agreement last week that would allow several Arab countries to use Israeli airspace for commercial flights to Europe and North and South America. Among the countries specified in the agreement are Iraq, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates (UAE.)
Flights originating in the Kurdistan Region would also, presumably, be able to use new routes through Israeli airspace.
The understanding will shorten flight times and cut fuel costs, along with pollution from the aircraft. For passengers, it will mean more direct flights to more destinations, at a cheaper cost.

The agreement follows on the “Abraham accords,” which were signed last month in Washington and which normalized relations between Israel and the UAE and Israel and Bahrain.  In conjunction with those accords, Saudi Arabia and Israel agreed to permit commercial aircraft to use each other’s airspace. That aviation agreement, in turn, contributed to the new understanding between Israel and Jordan.
The agreement was reached between civil aviation authorities and airport authorities in Israel and Jordan and permits third parties to fly over both countries. For security purposes, however, Israel will issue advance approval for the flight plan of each airline.

For the past decade, most commercial airlines have avoided Syrian airspace, because of the country’s civil war. But now passenger aircraft departing from Iraq can simply fly due west to the Mediterranean and beyond, using Jordanian and Israeli airspace.
“This is a successful conclusion to negotiations that started several years ago, but that were accelerated and completed only after the signing of the peace agreement with the UAE and the historic permit for Israeli flights over Saudi Arabia,” a joint Jordanian-Israeli statement announcing the agreement stated.

Jordan has had a peace agreement with Israel since 1994. However, 70 percent of the country’s population is Palestinian, and the failure to reach a peace agreement between Israel and the PLO in the 1990s—despite strenuous efforts by the George H. W. Bush administration and then the Clinton administration—has left only a cold peace between Amman and Jerusalem.
Miri Regev, Israeli Minister of Transport, hailed the agreement, affirming that “Israel is becoming more and more integrated into the region.”

We are opening new forms of cooperation in transport, business, and diplomacy with countries that share borders with us and have similar interests and a common vision of regional peace,” she continued. “I hope that we shall soon be able to announce further developments.”

https://www.kurdistan24.net/en/news/d6b29342-e817-42cf-98d4-70e68ac22afb
GirlBye
GirlBye
VIP NewsHound
VIP NewsHound

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum