Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Facing Enraged Iranian Pilgrims, Iraq Closes its Borders I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2024 5:58 am by RamblerNash

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Facing Enraged Iranian Pilgrims, Iraq Closes its Borders I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Facing Enraged Iranian Pilgrims, Iraq Closes its Borders I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Facing Enraged Iranian Pilgrims, Iraq Closes its Borders I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Facing Enraged Iranian Pilgrims, Iraq Closes its Borders I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Facing Enraged Iranian Pilgrims, Iraq Closes its Borders I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Facing Enraged Iranian Pilgrims, Iraq Closes its Borders I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Facing Enraged Iranian Pilgrims, Iraq Closes its Borders I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Facing Enraged Iranian Pilgrims, Iraq Closes its Borders I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Facing Enraged Iranian Pilgrims, Iraq Closes its Borders I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Facing Enraged Iranian Pilgrims, Iraq Closes its Borders I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Facing Enraged Iranian Pilgrims, Iraq Closes its Borders I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Facing Enraged Iranian Pilgrims, Iraq Closes its Borders I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Facing Enraged Iranian Pilgrims, Iraq Closes its Borders I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Facing Enraged Iranian Pilgrims, Iraq Closes its Borders I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Facing Enraged Iranian Pilgrims, Iraq Closes its Borders I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
Facing Enraged Iranian Pilgrims, Iraq Closes its Borders I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
Facing Enraged Iranian Pilgrims, Iraq Closes its Borders I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

» Frat President Charged With Stealing $267K to Buy Worthless Iraqi Dinars
Facing Enraged Iranian Pilgrims, Iraq Closes its Borders I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:05 pm by RamblerNash

» Fact Check: NO Record 'Quantum Financial System' Exists Beyond Claims In Videos, Online Articles
Facing Enraged Iranian Pilgrims, Iraq Closes its Borders I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2024 6:15 pm by RamblerNash

Facing Enraged Iranian Pilgrims, Iraq Closes its Borders

Go down

Facing Enraged Iranian Pilgrims, Iraq Closes its Borders Empty Facing Enraged Iranian Pilgrims, Iraq Closes its Borders

Post by GirlBye Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:14 pm

The Iraqi Border Authority have announced that the country's borders are closed, a response to videos posted on social media showing some Iranian pilgrims storming toward Iran's western borders to reach the Iraqi city of Karbala.

Iraq was one of the first countries to confirm being hit by the novel coronavirus spread from Iran. On February 21, one day after Tehran officially announced the deadly virus outbreak in Iran, Iraq closed its borders with the neighboring country.

In recent days, images have surfaced on the Internet showing Iraqi border guards struggling to stop a group of enraged Iranian pilgrims from crossing the border.

Iraq has repeatedly asserted that it will not allow foreign pilgrims to attend the Arba'een religious ceremony this year due to the coronavirus.

Arba'een marks the 40th day following the death of Shi'ite's third Imam, Hossain ibn Ali, in Karbala in the 7th century. Last year, many Shi'ites from different parts of the world, including more than two million Iranians, attended the annual ceremony.

Before the deadly virus outbreak, millions of pilgrims used to make their way on foot to Karbala to commemorate Arbaeen, regarded as the largest annual public gathering in the world.
In a report on Friday, the Iraqi border guards announced that the country's borders are not open to any foreign visitors. The report added that Iraqi border guards have stepped up security measures to fortify the borders against foreign nationals' illegal entry into the country.

Meanwhile, Iran's official statistics show that after the days after Muharram, the number of people tested positive for coronavirus in the country increased to roughly three thousand people a day, though Iranian officials have not officially confirmed the direct link between the increase in the number of patients and Muharram.

Over the past month, there have been about 4,000 daily cases of coronavirus in Iraq.
The closure of Iran-Iraq borders has also severely affected trade relations between the two countries. Iran's five-month customs statistics show that the country's non-oil exports to Iraq have dropped to $1.8 billion. The figure was $3.5 billion in the same period last year.

Source: https://en.radiofarda.com/a/facing -enraged-iranian-pilgrims-iraq- closes-its-borders/30848212.html
GirlBye
GirlBye
VIP NewsHound
VIP NewsHound

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum