Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
The Speaker of the Parliament receives the Kuwaiti Ambassador I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2024 5:58 am by RamblerNash

» CBD Vape Cartridges
The Speaker of the Parliament receives the Kuwaiti Ambassador I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
The Speaker of the Parliament receives the Kuwaiti Ambassador I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
The Speaker of the Parliament receives the Kuwaiti Ambassador I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
The Speaker of the Parliament receives the Kuwaiti Ambassador I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
The Speaker of the Parliament receives the Kuwaiti Ambassador I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
The Speaker of the Parliament receives the Kuwaiti Ambassador I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
The Speaker of the Parliament receives the Kuwaiti Ambassador I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
The Speaker of the Parliament receives the Kuwaiti Ambassador I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
The Speaker of the Parliament receives the Kuwaiti Ambassador I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
The Speaker of the Parliament receives the Kuwaiti Ambassador I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
The Speaker of the Parliament receives the Kuwaiti Ambassador I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
The Speaker of the Parliament receives the Kuwaiti Ambassador I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
The Speaker of the Parliament receives the Kuwaiti Ambassador I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
The Speaker of the Parliament receives the Kuwaiti Ambassador I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
The Speaker of the Parliament receives the Kuwaiti Ambassador I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
The Speaker of the Parliament receives the Kuwaiti Ambassador I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
The Speaker of the Parliament receives the Kuwaiti Ambassador I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

» Frat President Charged With Stealing $267K to Buy Worthless Iraqi Dinars
The Speaker of the Parliament receives the Kuwaiti Ambassador I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:05 pm by RamblerNash

» Fact Check: NO Record 'Quantum Financial System' Exists Beyond Claims In Videos, Online Articles
The Speaker of the Parliament receives the Kuwaiti Ambassador I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2024 6:15 pm by RamblerNash

The Speaker of the Parliament receives the Kuwaiti Ambassador

Go down

The Speaker of the Parliament receives the Kuwaiti Ambassador Empty The Speaker of the Parliament receives the Kuwaiti Ambassador

Post by claud39 Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:06 am

[size=32]The Speaker of the Parliament receives the Kuwaiti Ambassador[/size]

7/21/2020

The Speaker of the Parliament receives the Kuwaiti Ambassador 2020-07-21-at-22.29.48-800x445

Speaker of the House of Representatives, Mohamed Al-Halbousi, received today, Tuesday, the Kuwaiti ambassador to Iraq, Mr. Salem Al-Zamanan.

During the meeting, they discussed bilateral relations between the two brotherly countries, developments in the conditions the region is going through, and facing the Corona crisis. The meeting also discussed a number of issues of common concern.

He also assured his Excellency of the health status of the Emir of the State of Kuwait, His Highness Sheikh Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah, wishing him well-being and health.

Media office
of the Speaker of Parliament
July 21, 2020

https://ar.parliament.iq/2020/07/21/%d8%b1%d8%a6%d9%8a%d8%b3-%d9%85%d8%ac%d9%84%d8%b3-%d8%a7%d9%84%d9%86%d9%88%d8%a7%d8%a8-%d9%8a%d8%b3%d8%aa%d9%82%d8%a8%d9%84-%d8%a7%d9%84%d8%b3%d9%81%d9%8a%d8%b1-%d8%a7%d9%84%d9%83%d9%88%d9%8a%d8%aa-4/
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

The Speaker of the Parliament receives the Kuwaiti Ambassador Empty Thirty years since Iraqs invasion of Kuwait: "We forgive ... and do not forget."

Post by claud39 Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:04 pm

Thirty years since Iraqs invasion of Kuwait: "We forgive ... and do not forget."

30th June, 2020

[size=36]The Speaker of the Parliament receives the Kuwaiti Ambassador Image.thumb.jpeg.6973a8983b19561c021df85749f03680
[/size]

Thirty years ago, Saddam Hussein invaded the neighboring state of Kuwait and declared it "the 19th governorate" for Iraq. Today, his opponents, who are in power, have restored relations with the strategic neighbor, but the wounds of the second Gulf War remain for Kuwaitis and Iraqis.

From Baghdad to Basra, and from Kirkuk to Babylon, Iraqis agree that the invasion that began on August 2, 1990 and the occupation of Kuwait that ended on March 6, 1991 with the intervention of an international coalition led by Washington "was the beginning of the end."

Umm Sarah, a retired school from Baghdad, says that "since the invasion of Kuwait, we have seen neither stability nor security," as the list goes on starting from the blockade, through the American invasion, civil war and sectarian violence, until the Islamic State invaded the country.

It all started four days after the Iraqi forces entered Kuwait. At the time, the United Nations declared a blockade, from which Iraqis did not escape until after the Americans invaded the country in 2003 and toppled Saddam Hussein's regime.

And the Iraqi dinar, which was once worth three dollars, was divided into nine thousand.

Jassim Muhammad, a teacher in the city of Kut, south of Baghdad, was equal to "the price of a chicken in the market". Therefore, on some days, "we ate everything in the siege, so that the animal feed we turned into food," according to Yasser al-Saffar, 44, who was a witness to the years of the siege.

War ... live.

"The siege is not the ethics of society, and it was the first step to creating financial and administrative corruption in the country," which Muhammad ranks today in the list of the most corrupt countries in the world.

Hisham Mohamed lived through the low class level of his father, who was one of the major importers of construction equipment.

Muhammad al-Baghdadi, fiftieth, says, "After entering Iraq in a severe siege, the currency collapsed, and the importation stopped completely, my father lost his business and all the money he had in cash, approximately one hundred thousand dinars, which was equivalent to three million dollars, and suddenly became worthless."

Other classes of society flourished at the time, namely the "find in existence" or "manage yourself" layer, and they were those who knew how to renew a perforated tire, or convert turbines without spare parts, and who reused the gas lamps with no electricity, or used worn clothes For hundreds of times. As for the army, it lost everything, and in full view of the cameras of the whole world that was accompanying the "Desert Storm", the first of the wars transmitted directly on the air.

Sarmad Al-Bayati, who was an officer in that era, saw soldiers returning to Iraq on foot! Upon their return, "they were engaged in small businesses while on vacation to make ends meet."

As Iraq plunged into recession, Kuwait prospered. But many families still inherit their dead and missing, and former prisoners still talk of torture. Also, last summer, bodies found in mass graves in southern Iraq were returned to Kuwait.

The Ahmed Qabazard family, one of the faces of the "Kuwaiti resistance" who was tortured and executed, turned the house, which was partially destroyed by the Iraqis, into a small museum of the horrors of the occupation.

Despite rebuilding the house today, his seven-year-old daughter, Shurooq, said at the time: "I cannot say that I am reconciled with myself in my feelings with the Iraqi people, but this is not their fault. We discovered after years that the Iraqis were suffering from repression and suffered from the tyrant Saddam. Hussain".

Ghaida Al-Amir also felt "joy" when the fall of Saddam Hussein's regime in 2003. 20 years ago that day, her sister was hanged "by an electric cord after the Iraqi forces took her (...) because of her joining the Kuwaiti resistance."

- Debt outstanding -

Kuwait recorded all the destruction, killings, torture, and imprisonment, determined its losses, and the United Nations submitted the bill to Iraq.

During thirty years, Baghdad paid 51 billion dollars, and Iraq, which is experiencing the worst economic crisis in its history today, remains in debt of about four billion dollars.

It took 20 years to repair relations between the two countries. The United Nations did not lift the sanctions imposed in 1990 until 2010, that is, seven years after the fall of Saddam Hussein. Nevertheless, border disputes remain, as Iraq recognizes the land borders established by the United Nations in 1993, but considers that its maritime borders prevent it from reaching the Gulf, which is vital for its economy. Therefore, the Kuwaiti Navy regularly arrests Iraqi fishermen.

As for the missing, they are still in the thousands on both sides. According to the International Committee of the Red Cross, only 215 Kuwaitis and 85 Iraqis have been returned.

But in the bigger picture, relations between the two countries improved dramatically. In 2018, Kuwait hosted a donors' conference to rebuild Iraq, and was the first to contribute $ 2 billion. But Shorook Qabazard notes that "I cannot forget the invasion." "The invasion is the most important stage for my generation (...) We can tolerate and reconcile, but we cannot forget what happened," she added.

https://www.france24.com/ar/20200730-%D8%AB%D9%84%D8%A7%D8%AB%D9%88%D9%86-%D8%B9%D8%A7%D9%85%D8%A7%D9%8B-%D8%B9%D9%84%D9%89-%D8%BA%D8%B2%D9%88-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B9%D8%B1%D8%A7%D9%82-%D9%84%D9%84%D9%83%D9%88%D9%8A%D8%AA-%D9%86%D8%B3%D8%A7%D9%85%D8%AD-%D9%88%D9%84%D8%A7-%D9%86%D9%86%D8%B3%D9%89
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

The Speaker of the Parliament receives the Kuwaiti Ambassador Empty Declassification of a "fateful" call between Bush and the Saudi king on the eve of the invasion of Kuwait

Post by claud39 Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:51 am

Declassification of a "fateful" call between Bush and the Saudi king on the eve of the invasion of Kuwait

2020-08-04

The Speaker of the Parliament receives the Kuwaiti Ambassador 1596533357911

Shafaq News / Secret US authorities lifted the text of a phone call that took place between former US President George Bush Sr. and the Saudi king at the time,  Fahd bin Abdul Aziz, on the eve of the invasion of Kuwait
During the call, King Fahd described Saddam Hussein, the former Iraqi regime's president, as "arrogant, and there is nothing good for him except using force ."

The Saudi king also reported that he had spoken by phone with Saddam earlier in the day, and reminded him that he had "proposed at the Baghdad summit a non-aggression pact between Arab countries," commenting that Saddam was a liar, and that he was firm with him in the call, and told him that "he must He withdraws from Kuwait now . "

Bush Sr. told the Saudi king in the call that his government was preparing for "options at the diplomatic, military and economic levels ... and we will study more diplomatic, economic and military options ."

Bush also asked King Fahd to convey to the Emir of Kuwait, Jaber al-Ahmad al-Sabah that he "deeply despised this atrocious brutal act against his country, and told him that we support him ."

The text of this phone call was among the documents of that era, which the secret US authorities lifted over the past years, and the Kuwaiti newspaper published a literal translation of it as follows:

The President: Your Majesty, how are you?

King Fahd: Sorry for being late in taking your call .

The President: It's okay. I wanted to share with you what we think, and more importantly, to hear your opinions about the terrible invasion .

King Fahd: First of all, thank you for your interest in this most serious issue in the Middle East by a country that does not know the meaning of neighborhood .

My opinion about this situation is very difficult .

It must be stopped as soon as possible and in any way because it is very dangerous, when it becomes the principle that a state attacks another small state with armies .

The President: Exactly .

King Fahd: This attack started at 2:30 a.m. Saudi time, as you know we had representatives from Iraq and Kuwait two days ago .

I tried to reconcile the positions, and the two sides expressed their willingness to do so .

A delegation from Kuwait was scheduled to go to Iraq, and another session will be held in Kuwait to reach an agreement .

Unfortunately, although Saddam confirmed that he had no intention of attacking Kuwait, the opposite happened .

The President: Exactly .

King Fahd: This is because he is conceited .. He does not realize that the consequences of what he did will upset the world order. He seems to think only of himself, he follows Hitler's path in creating problems for the world, with one difference, that one is arrogant and the other more insane and insane .

I think that there is nothing beneficial with Saddam except the use of force .

I talked with Saddam at 4 am local time and told him that he was making a mistake. What law or logic is attacking a small country with military forces? I reminded him that he proposed at the Baghdad summit a non-aggression pact between Arab countries, and non-interference in some of the internal affairs of some .

He is a liar .

My call with him today was firm and strong and I told him that he must withdraw from Kuwait now, and we will not accept any system that represents Kuwaiti and Arab opinion .

Saddam told me that he had tried to reach an agreement with Kuwait, but Kuwait had not replied to it .

I told him that this is not an excuse, if Kuwait did not reply to him, he could have called us and tried to reach an agreement .

No excuse for using [it] in his speech .

For this reason, I say that he is arrogant, thinking that what he did will pass easily .

Then he told me, “Let me send you the vice president to meet you tomorrow at 11 am Saudi time .

I told him if I realized your mistake and withdrew from Kuwait then I could meet the Vice President .

Then repeat if I can meet his representative tomorrow to find a solution .

I told him that he is responsible for the safety of everyone in Kuwait, Kuwaitis and others .

Mr. President, we will receive his representative tomorrow and talk to him briefly. Either the Iraqi forces withdraw smoothly, or his representative must return his list quickly .

Saddam must withdraw his forces from Kuwait quickly, otherwise the only other solution is to use force .

Mr. President, This is a very serious matter, which contains a principle that cannot be accepted in any logic or ethics .

Mubarak called me about requesting an Arab summit .

I told him it was a good move. The Arab leaders must be convinced that what happened is very dangerous, and through Mubarak and me, we will work to hold a summit the day after tomorrow .

Saddam's representative will tell me tomorrow whether he will correct things and withdraw from Kuwait or not .

Any information from Saddam’s representative will be communicated to you .

Mr. President, Saddam cannot be tolerated .

I hope that things will be resolved peacefully, and if not, then we must teach Saddam a lesson that his life will not forget .

I want to thank you and the American people, the Europeans and the world for your steadfast stance towards what Saddam did to realize his fatal mistake against Kuwait .

Let me also suggest preparedness, because we know what Saddam will do .

This information is for you, now you have any questions? Please ask as a friend and I will answer you as a friend .

The President: I have one question. Are the Kuwaiti leadership in Saudi Arabia, the Prince and the Crown Prince, safe and sound?

King Fahd: A large number of the ruling family in Saudi Arabia is now safely and welcome .

The President: Very well, we will make a joint statement with the Soviets condemning the Iraqi invasion when Baker arrives in Moscow soon to issue a strong and joint statement between us and the Soviets .

King Fahd: This is very good news .

The President: Our goal is consistent with their goal of driving Iraq out and restoring Kuwaiti sovereignty .

King Fahd: I told Saddam that we will not be deceived by this national government in Kuwait (the government that Saddam formed). We know that no one in Kuwait accepts the removal of the legitimate government, and if they bring leadership from Iraq to Kuwait, this will be completely unacceptable .

The President: It will be a complete fraud .

King Fahd: We will know at any time from now until the truth of the situation .

THE PRESIDENT: Thank you. Meanwhile, we are doing what I expressed, and in my government we are preparing for options at the diplomatic, military and economic levels .

We will study more diplomatic, economic and military options .

We have implemented comprehensive economic sanctions, and we are currently studying other economic measures against Iraq in accordance with Chapter VII of the United Nations Charter .

Other measures will be taken into consideration to stop the possibility of exporting Iraqi oil, either by closing oil pipelines or through the blockade imposed on Iraq .

It is clear that we need more talk to discuss a range of other options, but I hope that the Arab efforts will result in the withdrawal and return of legitimacy to Kuwait .

King Fahd: We also hope that the Arab efforts will succeed, but all the measures that have been taken and the options I mentioned will be useful in deterring Saddam .

The President: In Saudi Arabia, we believe that TACAIR should be studied and that we need to discuss with you because your security is important to us and we want to do anything possible to prevent Saddam from taking any hostile measures against the Kingdom, and to work with you to take any necessary steps to compel Saddam to withdraw from Kuwait .

King Fahd: Thank you for what you said about Saudi Arabia, based on what will happen tomorrow, I will be happy to discuss this with you .

The President: You know that we are moving aircraft carriers near the Gulf. We believe that collective Arab action will be beneficial. We salute your efforts, and we hope for success tomorrow. I look forward to hearing from you about the results .

King Fahd: Thank you for your interest, and thank you in the name of the Saudi people .

The President: I have another request. I hope that you convey my personal greetings to Emir Sheikh Jaber, and tell him that I despise deeply this terrible atrocity against his country, and inform him that we support him. Your most valuable role in informing him .

King Fahd: I will inform the Emir .

The President: Thank you, God bless you and the Saudi people. Good luck with your heroic efforts towards peace .

King Fahd: Thank you, thank you for the friendship between the Kingdom and the United States for more than 60 years.

The Speaker of the Parliament receives the Kuwaiti Ambassador 1596533420147

https://shafaaq.com/ar/%D8%B9%D8%B1%D8%A8%D9%8A-%D9%88%D8%AF%D9%88%D9%84%D9%8A/%D9%88%D8%A7%D8%B4%D9%86%D8%B7%D9%86-%D8%AA%D8%B1%D9%81%D8%B9-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B3%D8%B1%D9%8A%D8%A9-%D8%B9%D9%86-%D9%85%D9%83%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%85%D8%A9-%D8%A8%D9%8A%D9%86-%D8%A8%D9%88%D8%B4-%D9%88%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%85%D9%84%D9%83-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B3%D8%B9%D9%88%D8%AF%D9%8A-%D8%B9%D8%B4%D9%8A%D8%A9-%D8%BA%D8%B2%D9%88-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%83%D9%88%D9%8A%D8%AA
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

The Speaker of the Parliament receives the Kuwaiti Ambassador Empty "Al-Anbaa" publishes the second call of King Fahd and President Bush after the Iraqi occupation of Kuwait

Post by claud39 Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:00 pm

"Al-Anbaa" publishes the second call of King Fahd and President Bush after the Iraqi occupation of Kuwait

Wednesday 5/8/2020

The Speaker of the Parliament receives the Kuwaiti Ambassador 985327-5

The late King Fahd bin Abdulaziz

The Speaker of the Parliament receives the Kuwaiti Ambassador 985327-6

President George HW Bush

The Speaker of the Parliament receives the Kuwaiti Ambassador 985327-1

Prince Bandar bin Sultan bin Abdulaziz

The Speaker of the Parliament receives the Kuwaiti Ambassador 985327-2

Former Turkish President Torkt Ozal

The Speaker of the Parliament receives the Kuwaiti Ambassador 985327-3

The Speaker of the Parliament receives the Kuwaiti Ambassador 985327-4

• King: In [url=https://www.alanba.com.kw/tags/47647/%D9%85%D8%AF%D9%8A%D9%86%D8%A9 %D8%A7%D9%84%D9%83%D9%88%D9%8A%D8%AA/ar/]Kuwait City,[/url] there is chaos as a result of the Iraqi forces attempting to organize themselves ... They also looted shops, banks, jewelry stores and all places containing valuable items.

•  The President: Saddam is a liar and his actions are unpredictable and he is ruthless .. He told you and told our Ambassador and Mubarak that he will not attack Kuwait .. He told everyone but he lied

• King: First of all, Mr. President, thank you for your interest in Saudi Arabia, the friendly country, and our friends in Europe and everywhere for their concern about this terrible event.

• The President: I am concerned about the possibility of the Iraqi forces moving south towards your borders and I want you to know that we will support you and stay as long as it takes to protect you to get the Iraqis out and restore the Kuwaiti government.

Translated and prepared by Muhammad Hilal Al-Khaldi Al-

Anbaa continues to publish documents related to the period of the Iraqi occupation of Kuwait, about which the White House has been kept secret, and in this document is a text of the second call that took place between King [url=https://www.alanba.com.kw/tags/1320484294/%D9%81%D9%87%D8%AF %D8%A8%D9%86 %D8%B9%D8%A8%D8%AF%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B9%D8%B2%D9%8A%D8%B2/ar/]Fahd bin Abdulaziz[/url] , may God have mercy on him, and former American President George Bush, which took place at noon On August 4, 1990, after the first call that took place on the evening of the invasion, King Fahd had told [url=https://www.alanba.com.kw/tags/58538/%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B1%D8%A6%D9%8A%D8%B3 %D8%A8%D9%88%D8%B4/ar/]President Bush[/url] that he had received a request from Saddam to receive his envoy to discuss what had happened, informed him that he would meet Saddam's representative and would be decisive with him and asked him to withdraw Iraq immediately from Kuwait Or he should return to Iraq, and King Fahd and President Bush agreed on the need to continue to communicate with each other to discuss what should be done after the vision becomes clear from the visit of Saddam's envoy to the Kingdom.

The following is a verbatim translation of the text of the second call that took place between King Fahd bin Abdulaziz and President George Bush two days after the first call, in which it clearly shows King Fahd's insistence on the liberation of Kuwait, the complete withdrawal of Iraq and the return of Kuwaiti legitimacy, and his emphasis on placing all the Kingdom's potential for to achieve this goal, as well as his eagerness to form a joint coordination committee between the Kingdom and the United States in order to put an end to the mad dictator reckless Saddam Hussein: the

White House Washington ,

memo by telephone

Thread: call with King Fahd of Saudi Arabia

participants: President King Fahd

date and time: 4 August 1990, from 1:50 - 2:42 pm

President: Hello Your Majesty, How are you? I hear you clearly.

King Fahd: How are you, Mr. Bush?

The President: Good, and you?

King Fahd: Good, and I want to thank you very much, very much for your interest and contact.

The President: I know we both have been very busy for the past 48 hours. I have been in contact with a number of world leaders, and they are terribly worried, as your Ambassador has told us, we want to help with a military solution. I saw the report, but I wanted to hear from you what is going on in the yard there.

King Fahd: First, Mr. President, thank you for your interest in Saudi Arabia, the friendly country. And I thank our friends in Europe and everywhere for their concern about this terrible event. At the same time, we are waiting for the American team to arrive so that we can organize things in the desired and effective manner.

The President: What should this team do? I was not aware of it. I am ready to direct General (Colin) Paul to begin deploying troops to the kingdom. Is this what you are talking about?

King Fahd: No, what I understood from our ambassador is that a team will be sent to organize matters and coordinate work according to what we agreed upon.

The President: I was not told, but it is easy to do. We will put them on the road immediately. But we need your opinion about the presence of American forces. I am very concerned about the possibility of the Iraqi forces moving south towards your borders. And I want you to know that we will support you and stay as long as it takes to protect you, to get the Iraqis out and restore the Kuwaiti government. This guy was described as Hitler and a liar, and you are absolutely right.

King Fahd: Thank you for your interest in Saudi affairs. I am talking about a team that will arrive in Saudi Arabia to coordinate in a comfortable way for us and you to find a solution.

The President: I understand that, but I am worried about this man who talks about withdrawal while he is installing a puppet government. This is unacceptable to us and other countries. I have spoken to several leaders, and there is an agreement to take a stand with our Arab friends against this outrageous aggression. I also want to understand how you feel about the reason for postponing this meeting and what you have heard from the Iraqi side now.

King Fahd: I agree with you. I understood that the team will arrive today. This is what I understood yesterday. The team will be able to talk and coordinate matters satisfactorily.

The CHAIRMAN: If the team is not on the way now, I will send it immediately. This is an issue of the highest priority. I am glad you will receive them, I will make sure they leave soon.

King Fahd: Thank you, I will take care of them and I will meet them myself.

The President: Good. But I want to know your opinion about the situation on the ground. What about Iraq's statements about withdrawal? Will the prince return? Are you worried about the Iraqi forces moving towards your borders? We are very worried about that.

King Fahd: First, the only solution must include the return of the emir to Kuwait.

The President: I'm glad you said that. We are with you and we will stand by you that this is the only solution. This is good thinking.

King Fahd: Secondly, there are no Iraqi forces near the Saudi border, but Saddam cannot be trusted. For this reason it is important for the team to come as soon as possible to coordinate matters in order to prevent this from happening. For the Emir, his family and his government are here in Saudi Arabia, and we are in constant contact and coordination.

The President: Good, but I also want your opinion on the report, which talks that Saddam will withdraw tomorrow. Is there any credibility anyway?

King Fahd: I will tell you what I think about this report. Taking into account the situation in Kuwait, we sent our group to Kuwait and arrived there. It's a mess. People in Kuwait are not responding to Saddam's request to form a government. Confirmed news says Saddam may withdraw heavy forces but will organize a militia to control the situation there.

The President: I see.

King Fahd: The men we sent and the news we got from them about the neutral zone show that Saddam has some estimated numbers of troops and vehicles there: 20 tanks, 30 armored vehicles and 45 trucks and jeeps. According to the information we received and eyewitness reports, these forces are located near Kuwaiti wells in the no-man's land. The weapons are aimed at the sea. It is clear that Iraq fears a sea attack. In Kuwait City, there is chaos as a result of Iraqi forces trying to organize themselves there. They also looted shops, banks, jewelry stores, and all places containing valuable items, they were looting in a strange way.

The President: What an outrage.

King Fahd: That is why when the team arrives quickly soon, we will be able to share details about the situation that we cannot explain over the phone, so that we can coordinate in order to develop a positive plan to deal with the situation.

The President: Can you tell me why the Arab summit was postponed?

King Fahd: The summit was postponed due to the statements of the Gulf countries, Mubarak, the foreign ministers, Bin Jadid, King Hussein, that if this summit was held, the results would not be positive. The summit will not come out unanimously, for the sake of seriousness, the solution must be unanimous. So we strive to coordinate matters and organize them even if the summit is held, we will get a unanimous decision.

The President: Let me summarize how I feel for this moment.

King Fahd: I am glad to hear.

The President: First, I was annoyed by the response I received from the Iraqi Vice-President. As I understood it was not enough. Not only should the withdrawal be immediate, comprehensive and unconditional, but it should include the return of the legitimate Kuwaiti government, and I am happy that you agree on that. Rather, it is important for the West to maintain economic sanctions, especially if there is a client government there. We cannot let Saddam control the economic resources of Kuwait.

Secondly, at Camp David, I just finished getting comprehensive military and intelligence summarized reports. In my opinion, we cannot wait any longer to prevent Iraq from moving south and to pressure Saddam to withdraw from Kuwait and allow the return of the Kuwaiti government. Now we have to start taking the steps that we described in detail for Bandar (Prince Bandar bin Sultan, the Kingdom’s ambassador to Washington at the time), and we cannot wait until it is too late. For this, the team you requested will be on its way to you soon. This team will be responsible for the full military planning, logistical requirements and what we think will benefit on the combat front, right?

King Fahd: This will be the best. I also agree that it is very good for the boycott to continue, asset freezes and economic sanctions, I will complete my response after the translation.

The CHAIRMAN: On the team, he's going to be on his way and he's ready to discuss what we think are the best, all the options. I am sorry for the misunderstanding about this.

King Fahd: No, Mr. President, there is no misunderstanding. I totally agree with you about the team. I would like to add that the largest number of Iraqi forces, west of Kuwait, is not located near the Saudi border. It is there, as we think, as a precaution in case of war involvement. Therefore planning is important and necessary to successfully manage this possibility.

The President: I am aware of these forces and how they differ from the forces in the east. We are still looking at it with great concern. Now, with your permission, I would like to clarify a point or two with you.

King Fahd: Good.

The President: The first is a sore point. The Emir of Kuwait asked us to intervene militarily, but the Iraqi forces have already occupied Kuwait City and there is nothing the United States can do. The issue needs a long time to deploy troops. That is why I am concerned about Saudi Arabia. It was not possible to help him after crossing the border (that is, after the Iraqi forces entered Kuwait). Maybe we can help him along the line, but now we can help Saudi Arabia, but we have long lines of supplies and we have to move the troops over long distances. A false clash. His actions cannot be predicted and he is ruthless. He told you, he told our ambassador, and Mubarak that he would not attack Kuwait. He told everyone but it is a lie.

King Fahd: I agree with what you say. Iraq may attack, but then the invasion may not happen. That is why it is important to work with your team on a comprehensive plan that guarantees success.

The President: Well, we have to make plans. But we have to look at this more urgently. We have to put those forces there as soon as possible, otherwise Saddam, full of victory, will take over the oil fields and the eastern region. Without reinforcements, nothing would prevent him militarily.

King Fahd: I agree with you, but my view is based on the information we have. We think we have a few days to coordinate, and to develop a robust and successful plan. That's all i want. A solid plan that will be successful and solve the problem once and for all.

The President: Agree. We will send the team right away. Another point I would like to make here relates to the word honor. The security of Saudi Arabia is very vital - essential - to the United States and to the interests of the Western world. I am determined that Saddam will not escape this shame. When we make a plan, when we are there, we will stay there until we are asked to leave. This is my official word on this. I am tired and tired of Saddam and his lies on other countries.

From an economic point of view, we have to stay together and we need to forcefully impose it. I have spoken to President Ozal (then Turkish President Turkat Ozal) and NATO is taking a collective stand. Turkey is a member of NATO. And NATO sees that this situation is very urgent.

King Fahd: I agree with everything you said, in general and in particular. All I want is to make a solid plan, coordinated plan, to be 100% successful.

The President: Agree, the team is on its way. We also moved our fleet, and the French and the British moved their ships to the Gulf. We need concerted action on economic sanctions. We are pushing Chapter Seven at the United Nations to impose sanctions. Everyone has to work together to put this man on his knees economically. I have spoken to the Japanese Prime Minister, the French President, the British Prime Minister and the West German Chancellor all at your side. They all expressed anger at what happened to Kuwait and the threats against Saudi Arabia, our very close friends.

King Fahd: I agree with all of this whole-heartedly. Thank you for everything you said. I am sure that this man will end up with our efforts.

The President: I want you to know that I have been disappointed by some Arab friends. I will not mention any names in this call. I understand that there are some pressures that Saddam exerts on these countries. But this disappointment is felt by everyone in America, in Congress and elsewhere. This makes working with these countries that justify Saddam difficult.

King Fahd: I appreciate what you said. When things get tough, some rise to the challenge while others fail.

The President: I respect your leadership very much, so we are prepared to make a great sacrifice on the part of the United States to support you in any case. There is a great sense of priority. We'll let the team of experts take its way to you right away, and if that is necessary, take the lead to show Saddam with full force that he will not be able to bully us. I have great appreciation for you and know that you are in a very difficult position. That is why you have the full support of the United States. When our forces are deployed, they will not go out before justice is done. I greet and respect you. But we must work on the economic and military fronts.

King Fahd: I would like to convey the greetings of my government and my people. When we heard your statement, we realized that the United States is the best friend of Saudi Arabia.

The President: Well, we would like to do more as soon as possible. I think this is for your benefit and for the benefit of the world. Goodbye and my respect. And please call me anytime, day or night.

King Fahd: Thank you is not enough. The most precious of your friendship. The most valuable friendship that Saudi Arabia has with the leader of the world, who stands with truth with all credibility.

President: Blessed is your country blessed.

King Fahd: You are my very close friend.

The President: I feel like I am together with you as we face this terrible problem. Thank you and goodbye.

https://www.alanba.com.kw/ar/kuwait-news/985327/05-08-2020-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A3%D9%86%D8%A8%D8%A7%D8%A1-%D8%AA%D9%86%D8%B4%D8%B1-%D9%85%D9%83%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%85%D8%A9-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%85%D9%84%D9%83-%D9%81%D9%87%D8%AF-%D9%88%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B1%D8%A6%D9%8A%D8%B3-%D8%A8%D9%88%D8%B4-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AB%D8%A7%D9%86%D9%8A%D8%A9-%D8%A8%D8%B9%D8%AF-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A7%D8%AD%D8%AA%D9%84%D8%A7%D9%84-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B9%D8%B1%D8%A7%D9%82%D9%8A-%D9%84%D9%84%D9%83%D9%88%D9%8A%D8%AA/
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

The Speaker of the Parliament receives the Kuwaiti Ambassador Empty Thirty years after Iraq invasion of Kuwait, lessons for the US today

Post by claud39 Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:44 pm

[size=68]Thirty years after Iraq invasion of Kuwait, lessons for the US today[/size]

WED, AUG 5, 2020

The Speaker of the Parliament receives the Kuwaiti Ambassador Bush-gulf-war-large-1024x683

President George H.W. Bush meets with his military advisors at the Pentagon to duscuss the Gulf crisis August 15, 1990. From left are: General Norman Schwarzkopf, chief of Middle East forces, Defense Secretary Dick Cheney, Bush and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Colin Powell. REUTERS/Gary Cameron

This week marks the 30th anniversary of Iraq’s invasion of Kuwait in August 1990.

That attack galvanized the George H.W. Bush administration to create an overwhelming international coalition to support Operations Desert Shield and Desert Storm to eject Saddam Hussein from his ill-gotten gains. A retrospective look at Shield/Storm is applicable to the current National Defense Strategy and its mandate to deter and—if war comes—defeat an array of potential adversaries, principally China and Russia.

The strategy then was clear: Form the broadest coalition backed by United Nations resolutions, Congress, and the Arab League. Collect dozens of allies. Have some pay for the war. Assemble a massively superior force in Saudi Arabia. Bomb Iraq to its knees. Launch a ground assault with hundreds of thousands of troops. After Iraq retreated from Kuwait, end hostilities. And fight an enemy not ready for prime time.

The air war started on the evening January 16, 1991. The bulk of the ground campaign was launched on February 24, lasting 100 hours. The Iraq Army was crushed. The United States sustained 146 killed in action, just under half by friendly fire and an Iraqi Scud ballistic missile that tragically hit a US Army barracks in Saudi Arabia. The magnitude of this victory ended the stigma of the Vietnam War and the difficult period the US military faced in its aftermath.

While a few criticized the Bush administration for not invading Iraq and removing Saddam from power, as the younger Bush would learn after 2003, that decision would have been strategically catastrophic. Despite the genuine concerns that with the fourth-largest army in the world, experience gained from the war with Iran and weapons of mass destruction, Saddam could have been a formidable enemy, it turned out there was virtually no way the coalition could have failed, even if Iraq began a procrastinated withdrawal from Kuwait before conflict started.

Thus, Desert Shield/Storm was a “one-off” campaign. The coalition had five months to deploy a “mountain of steel” to Saudi Arabia in an unopposed environment. It bombed Iraqi targets at will. And the ground campaign was, in essence, a live-fire training exercise and perhaps the most lopsided military land battle in history.

That said, the greatest failures were of intelligence and the lack of understanding of Gulf politics. When VII Corps Commander Lt. Gen. Frederick Franks led the famous “left hook” to envelope Saddam’s army in Kuwait, he hardly knew what was happening beyond the next sand berm (dune). The air war commander, Lt. Gen. Charles Horner, despite the vast superiority of his forces, did not know where to “stick the needle” to collapse the regime before the land campaign started. In the Persian Gulf, the US Navy had no intelligence about Iraqi mines or the reasons why so many Iraqi tankers were filled with oil and at anchor.

Last, the failure to take out Saddam’s Scuds aimed at Israel could have been disastrous if Israel intervened, possibly wrecking the coalition.

Regarding politics, the truce administered at Safwan allowed the Iraqis free use of helicopters that Saddam used to eradicate local revolts and uprisings. Regarding Kuwait, in returning the al Sabah family to the throne, had the Bush administration limited its power and imposed other restrictions that made society more open, how different the Gulf might be today.

Still, Desert Shield and Storm are relevant in posing several critical and unanswered questions concerning today’s National Defense Strategy (NDS). In executing the NDS, specifically with regard to China and Russia, does the US political leadership:

• appreciate the need for allies?

• understand the role and need of support from Congress?

• appreciate the relevancy of “fog and friction” in war?

• possess sufficient intelligence on potential adversaries beyond just military capabilities?

• understand the geography and culture of Asia?

• believe the current chain of command is suited for 21st century conflict?

• ensure its military trains, equips, and prepares adequately to fight “jointly”?

• understand that in future conflict, unlike Desert Shield, the United States won’t likely have uncontested access to bases and supply lines and that the continental United States may come under direct attack by cyber or hypersonic missiles?

Put even more directly, after twenty years of conflict in Afghanistan and Iraq, is the United States adequately prepared for a major war against a competent peer or peers, lacking all the advantages it enjoyed during Desert Storm, especially time to build up forces?

Unless this and other questions are carefully considered, even in the extraordinarily unlikely event of a war with China, the outcome may prove to be very different from Desert Storm.

Harlan Ullman is UPI’s Arnaud deBorchgrave Distinguished Columnist, a senior adviser at the Atlantic Council and author of the upcoming book, “The Fifth Horseman: To Be Feared, Friended or Fought in a MAD-Driven Age.”

https://www.atlanticcouncil.org/blogs/new-atlanticist/thirty-years-after-iraq-invasion-of-kuwait-lessons-for-the-us-today/
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

The Speaker of the Parliament receives the Kuwaiti Ambassador Empty The Embassy of the Republic of Iraq in Kuwait is supervising the arrival of 23 trucks loaded with medical oxygen

Post by claud39 Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:19 am

[size=34]The Embassy of the Republic of Iraq in Kuwait is supervising the arrival of 23 trucks loaded with medical oxygen[/size]

08/08/2020

The Speaker of the Parliament receives the Kuwaiti Ambassador BA2D818F-8FA3-46B8-A41E-B8602A3C616B

With coordination and follow-up by the Embassy of the Republic of Iraq in Kuwait, (23) trucks loaded with medical oxygen arrived in Iraq with an estimated load of about (460) tons, which is the fifth batch of the (6000) tons imported by Iraq through the Abdali port, and the rest will arrive in batches.

https://www.mofa.gov.iq/2020/08/?p=16439
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

The Speaker of the Parliament receives the Kuwaiti Ambassador Empty Iraq pays Kuwait 210 million dollars in compensation for the invasion

Post by claud39 Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:03 am

Iraq pays Kuwait 210 million dollars in compensation for the invasion

08/09/2020

The Speaker of the Parliament receives the Kuwaiti Ambassador 808

Economy News - Baghdad

Kuwaiti newspaper An-Nahar revealed that Iraq had paid 210 million dollars to the Kuwaiti Compensation Fund at the end of last month.

The journalist said in a news briefed by "Al-Eqtisad News", that "Iraq paid on July 28 to the Kuwaiti compensation fund 210 million dollars, leaving about 2.6 billion dollars of the total compensation owed by Iraq."

https://economy-news.net/content.php?id=21354
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

The Speaker of the Parliament receives the Kuwaiti Ambassador Empty Postponement of the Kuwaiti-Iraqi Committee meeting

Post by claud39 Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:04 pm

Postponement of the Kuwaiti-Iraqi Committee meeting

August 30, 2020

The Speaker of the Parliament receives the Kuwaiti Ambassador 02_224777_highres

Hamad Salameh -  Al-Qabas learned that the meeting of the Kuwaiti-Iraqi Joint Higher Committee, which was scheduled to take place yesterday (Sunday), has been postponed until next month. Informed sources said that the reasons for the postponement are due to arranging preparations for several issues between the two countries, which will be discussed during the upcoming meeting.

للمزيد: https://alqabas.com/article/5797164

https://alqabas.com/article/5797164-%D8%AA%D8%A3%D8%AC%D9%8A%D9%84-%D8%A7%D8%AC%D8%AA%D9%85%D8%A7%D8%B9-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%84%D8%AC%D9%86%D8%A9-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%83%D9%88%D9%8A%D8%AA%D9%8A%D8%A9--%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B9%D8%B1%D8%A7%D9%82%D9%8A%D8%A9
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

The Speaker of the Parliament receives the Kuwaiti Ambassador Empty The Speaker of the House of Representatives and the Kuwaiti ambassador to Iraq discuss strengthening ways of cooperation between the two countries

Post by claud39 Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:10 pm

[size=41]The Speaker of the House of Representatives and the Kuwaiti ambassador to Iraq discuss strengthening ways of cooperation between the two countries[/size]

6 hours ago

The Speaker of the Parliament receives the Kuwaiti Ambassador WhatsApp-Image-2020-09-03-at-9.27.00-PM-1170x610

Parliament Speaker Muhammad al-Halbousi discussed, today, Thursday, with the Kuwaiti ambassador to Iraq, Salem Al-Zamanan , bilateral relations and strengthening means of cooperation between the two brotherly countries.

The media office of the Speaker of the House of Representatives said, in a statement received by "progress", a copy of it, that "Parliament Speaker Muhammad al-Halbousi received, today, Thursday, the Kuwaiti ambassador to Iraq, Salem Al-Zamanan."

The statement stated, "During the meeting, they discussed bilateral relations between the two brotherly countries, and means of strengthening cooperation according to mutual interests. The meeting also discussed a number of issues of common interest."

https://takadum-news.com/%D8%B1%D8%A6%D9%8A%D8%B3-%D9%85%D8%AC%D9%84%D8%B3-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%86%D9%88%D8%A7%D8%A8-%D9%88%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B3%D9%81%D9%8A%D8%B1-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%83%D9%88%D9%8A%D8%AA%D9%8A-%D9%81%D9%8A-%D8%A7%D9%84/
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

The Speaker of the Parliament receives the Kuwaiti Ambassador Empty Representative Economy: The Kuwait Conference humiliated Iraq, and the latter embraced it for its goals and ambitions

Post by claud39 Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:02 pm

Representative Economy: The Kuwait Conference humiliated Iraq, and the latter embraced it for its goals and ambitions

06/09/2020

The Speaker of the Parliament receives the Kuwaiti Ambassador %D9%85%D8%A4%D8%AA%D9%85%D8%B1-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%83%D9%88%D9%8A%D8%AA-1-696x435

Information / Special ...

The Parliamentary Economic Committee confirmed, on Sunday, that Iraq did not receive any funds from the Kuwait Donors Conference in 2018, indicating that Kuwait hosted the conference for its own goals and ambitions and humiliated Iraq at the conference

A member of the Economic Committee, Nada Shaker, told Al-Maalouma that "the Kuwait donor conference insulted Iraq and its international standing and put it in the status of newcomers from the countries and awaits their sympathy and demanded that it be canceled before it is held."

And she added, "Despite the insult and humiliation that Iraq received at the conference, it turned into scandals when the countries of the world reported their lack of confidence in the government to grant it money."

Shaker explained that "the conference entered its third year and Iraq did not receive any sums of money that were announced at the Kuwait conference," pointing out that "the conference is the biggest lie and that Kuwait embraces it for its own goals and ambitions, and it does not hurt 1% in favor of Iraq ."

https://www.almaalomah.com/2020/09/06/493628/
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

The Speaker of the Parliament receives the Kuwaiti Ambassador Empty An Iraqi delegation arrives in the country tomorrow ... to hold a meeting of the Kuwaiti-Iraqi committee

Post by claud39 Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:19 pm

An Iraqi delegation arrives in the country tomorrow ... to hold a meeting of the Kuwaiti-Iraqi committee

11th September 2020

The Speaker of the Parliament receives the Kuwaiti Ambassador 02_224777_highres_143500_highres

Hamad Salameh - Al-Qabas learned that the Senior Undersecretary of the Iraqi Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ambassador Abdul Karim Hashem, arrives tomorrow, heading the Iraqi delegation, which will attend the meeting of the follow-up committee concerned with examining what has been accomplished on what was agreed upon in the Kuwaiti-Iraqi Joint Higher Committee, which was postponed at the end of August. 

Informed sources said that the meeting will be held the day after tomorrow, Sunday, and the Kuwaiti side will be chaired by Deputy Foreign Minister Khaled Al-Jarallah, indicating that the most important files that will be discussed are the demarcation of maritime borders, the opening of land ports, commercial and economic exchange, terrorism and compensation, in addition to the security challenges in the region.

للمزيد: https://alqabas.com/article/5799920
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum