Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
THE ARAB MONETARY FUND PUBLISHES A STUDY ON "THE CHALLENGES OF APPLYING THE INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL REPORTING STANDARD (IFRS9) TO ARAB BANKS" I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2024 5:58 am by RamblerNash

» CBD Vape Cartridges
THE ARAB MONETARY FUND PUBLISHES A STUDY ON "THE CHALLENGES OF APPLYING THE INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL REPORTING STANDARD (IFRS9) TO ARAB BANKS" I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
THE ARAB MONETARY FUND PUBLISHES A STUDY ON "THE CHALLENGES OF APPLYING THE INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL REPORTING STANDARD (IFRS9) TO ARAB BANKS" I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
THE ARAB MONETARY FUND PUBLISHES A STUDY ON "THE CHALLENGES OF APPLYING THE INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL REPORTING STANDARD (IFRS9) TO ARAB BANKS" I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
THE ARAB MONETARY FUND PUBLISHES A STUDY ON "THE CHALLENGES OF APPLYING THE INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL REPORTING STANDARD (IFRS9) TO ARAB BANKS" I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
THE ARAB MONETARY FUND PUBLISHES A STUDY ON "THE CHALLENGES OF APPLYING THE INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL REPORTING STANDARD (IFRS9) TO ARAB BANKS" I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
THE ARAB MONETARY FUND PUBLISHES A STUDY ON "THE CHALLENGES OF APPLYING THE INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL REPORTING STANDARD (IFRS9) TO ARAB BANKS" I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
THE ARAB MONETARY FUND PUBLISHES A STUDY ON "THE CHALLENGES OF APPLYING THE INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL REPORTING STANDARD (IFRS9) TO ARAB BANKS" I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
THE ARAB MONETARY FUND PUBLISHES A STUDY ON "THE CHALLENGES OF APPLYING THE INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL REPORTING STANDARD (IFRS9) TO ARAB BANKS" I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
THE ARAB MONETARY FUND PUBLISHES A STUDY ON "THE CHALLENGES OF APPLYING THE INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL REPORTING STANDARD (IFRS9) TO ARAB BANKS" I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
THE ARAB MONETARY FUND PUBLISHES A STUDY ON "THE CHALLENGES OF APPLYING THE INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL REPORTING STANDARD (IFRS9) TO ARAB BANKS" I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
THE ARAB MONETARY FUND PUBLISHES A STUDY ON "THE CHALLENGES OF APPLYING THE INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL REPORTING STANDARD (IFRS9) TO ARAB BANKS" I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
THE ARAB MONETARY FUND PUBLISHES A STUDY ON "THE CHALLENGES OF APPLYING THE INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL REPORTING STANDARD (IFRS9) TO ARAB BANKS" I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
THE ARAB MONETARY FUND PUBLISHES A STUDY ON "THE CHALLENGES OF APPLYING THE INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL REPORTING STANDARD (IFRS9) TO ARAB BANKS" I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
THE ARAB MONETARY FUND PUBLISHES A STUDY ON "THE CHALLENGES OF APPLYING THE INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL REPORTING STANDARD (IFRS9) TO ARAB BANKS" I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
THE ARAB MONETARY FUND PUBLISHES A STUDY ON "THE CHALLENGES OF APPLYING THE INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL REPORTING STANDARD (IFRS9) TO ARAB BANKS" I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
THE ARAB MONETARY FUND PUBLISHES A STUDY ON "THE CHALLENGES OF APPLYING THE INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL REPORTING STANDARD (IFRS9) TO ARAB BANKS" I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
THE ARAB MONETARY FUND PUBLISHES A STUDY ON "THE CHALLENGES OF APPLYING THE INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL REPORTING STANDARD (IFRS9) TO ARAB BANKS" I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

» Frat President Charged With Stealing $267K to Buy Worthless Iraqi Dinars
THE ARAB MONETARY FUND PUBLISHES A STUDY ON "THE CHALLENGES OF APPLYING THE INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL REPORTING STANDARD (IFRS9) TO ARAB BANKS" I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:05 pm by RamblerNash

» Fact Check: NO Record 'Quantum Financial System' Exists Beyond Claims In Videos, Online Articles
THE ARAB MONETARY FUND PUBLISHES A STUDY ON "THE CHALLENGES OF APPLYING THE INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL REPORTING STANDARD (IFRS9) TO ARAB BANKS" I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2024 6:15 pm by RamblerNash

THE ARAB MONETARY FUND PUBLISHES A STUDY ON "THE CHALLENGES OF APPLYING THE INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL REPORTING STANDARD (IFRS9) TO ARAB BANKS"

Go down

THE ARAB MONETARY FUND PUBLISHES A STUDY ON "THE CHALLENGES OF APPLYING THE INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL REPORTING STANDARD (IFRS9) TO ARAB BANKS" Empty THE ARAB MONETARY FUND PUBLISHES A STUDY ON "THE CHALLENGES OF APPLYING THE INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL REPORTING STANDARD (IFRS9) TO ARAB BANKS"

Post by claud39 Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:13 am

THE ARAB MONETARY FUND PUBLISHES A STUDY ON "THE CHALLENGES OF APPLYING THE INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL REPORTING STANDARD (IFRS9) TO ARAB BANKS"

2020-07-07

THE ARAB MONETARY FUND PUBLISHES A STUDY ON "THE CHALLENGES OF APPLYING THE INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL REPORTING STANDARD (IFRS9) TO ARAB BANKS" Logo-ar

In the context of the Arab Monetary Fund assuming the technical secretariat of the committees and work teams emanating from the Board of Governors of Central Banks and Arab Monetary Institutions, the Fund prepa

red, in cooperation with the Arab Committee for Banking Supervision, a study on "The Challenges of Implementing the International Financial Reporting Standard ( IFRS9 ) on Arab Banks ". The study touched on the most important requirements of the international standard, especially with regard to classification of financial assets and the new framework for impairment in the value of assets, in addition to addressing accounting allocations when applying the capital adequacy criterion for the Basel Committee.  

The importance of the topic comes in response to the proposals of the leaders of the Group of Twenty countries and the Basel Committee for Banking Supervision, where the International Accounting Standards Board ( IASB ) and the Financial Accounting Standards Board in the United States of America ( FASB ) adopted new standards in the formation of allocations to financial assets produced from and not produced. The new standards are based on a fundamental rule that is the use of models based on the expected credit loss instead of the old models based on the achieved credit loss.

The study was based on the results of a questionnaire distributed to the central banks and Arab monetary institutions, which dealt with the challenges of implementation for control purposes and not for accounting purposes. Therefore, the study does not address in detail the requirements of the international standard, insofar as it shows the aspects that affect aspects related to the sound management of credit risk in banks and financial institutions and the expected impact of the application of this standard on capital adequacy.

The study indicated that the main goal of applying the international standard is to move to a Forward-looking model in recognition of the decline in the quality of credit, as this model does not require a specific event to record credit losses as it requires obtaining timely information about Any of the indicators that indicate the possibility of credit losses. Expected Credit Loss ( ECL ) is required to be recorded at all times and classified at each disclosure date, to reflect the level of credit risk of the financial instruments.

The study dealt with the systematic treatment of accounting allocations, as it included the proposals included in the paper issued by the Basel Committee entitled "Control treatment of accounting allocations". In this context, the study reviewed the experiences of Arab countries in applying the standard and determining the effect of the expected credit loss ( ECL ) on the regulatory capital.

The study showed that most Arab central banks imposed on their banks the application of the standard, starting from January 1, 2018, when instructions were issued regarding its application. Banks in most Arab countries also declare the expected credit loss ratio according to the credit portfolios to the supervisory authority.

With regard to the challenges facing Arab banks, the study highlighted the most important one, in determining the methodology to be adopted in calculating the expected credit loss ( ECL ), because of its implications for formal capital, as the available methodologies explained between the methodology based on the indicators of probability of default ( PD ) The default failure ( LGD ), and the Adjusted Historical Loss Rate methodology . The study also highlighted the identification of the types of guarantees and eligible guarantees in order to calculate the expected credit loss, as another challenge facing banks in Arab countries.

The full version of the study is available at this link 

https://www.amf.org.ae/ar/study/challenges-applying-ifrs9-arab-banks

https://www.amf.org.ae/ar/content/%D8%B5%D9%86%D8%AF%D9%88%D9%82-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%86%D9%82%D8%AF-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B9%D8%B1%D8%A8%D9%8A-%D9%8A%D9%8F%D8%B5%D8%AF%D8%B1-%D8%AF%D8%B1%D8%A7%D8%B3%D8%A9-%D8%B9%D9%85%D9%84-%D8%AD%D9%88%D9%84-%D8%AA%D8%AD%D8%AF%D9%8A%D8%A7%D8%AA-%D8%AA%D8%B7%D8%A8%D9%8A%D9%82-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%85%D8%B9%D9%8A%D8%A7%D8%B1-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AF%D9%88%D9%84%D9%8A-%D9%84%D9%84%D8%AA%D9%82%D8%A7%D8%B1%D9%8A%D8%B1-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%85%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%8A%D8%A9-ifrs9
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

THE ARAB MONETARY FUND PUBLISHES A STUDY ON "THE CHALLENGES OF APPLYING THE INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL REPORTING STANDARD (IFRS9) TO ARAB BANKS" Empty “CHALLENGES OF IMPLEMENTING THE INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL REPORTING STANDARD ON ARAB BANKS” STUDY OF THE ARAB MONETARY FUND

Post by claud39 Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:17 am

“CHALLENGES OF IMPLEMENTING THE INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL REPORTING STANDARD ON ARAB BANKS” STUDY OF THE ARAB MONETARY FUND

08/07/2020

THE ARAB MONETARY FUND PUBLISHES A STUDY ON "THE CHALLENGES OF APPLYING THE INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL REPORTING STANDARD (IFRS9) TO ARAB BANKS" %D8%AA%D8%AD%D8%AF%D9%8A%D8%A7%D8%AA-%D8%AA%D8%B7%D8%A8%D9%8A%D9%82-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%85%D8%B9%D9%8A%D8%A7%D8%B1-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AF%D9%88%D9%84%D9%8A-%D9%84%D9%84%D8%AA%D9%82%D8%A7%D8%B1%D9%8A%D8%B1-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%85%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%8A%D8%A9-%D8%B9%D9%84%D9%89-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A8%D9%86%D9%88%D9%83-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B9%D8%B1%D8%A8%D9%8A%D8%A9-%D8%AF%D8%B1%D8%A7%D8%B3%D8%A9-%D9%84%D8%B5%D9%86%D8%AF%D9%88%D9%82-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%86%D9%82%D8%AF-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B9%D8%B1%D8%A8%D9%8A

In the context of the Arab Monetary Fund assuming the technical secretariat of the committees and work teams emanating from the Board of Governors of Central Banks and Arab Monetary Institutions, the Fund prepared, in cooperation with the Arab Committee for Banking Supervision, a study on “The Challenges of Implementing the International Financial Reporting Standard (IFRS9) on Arab Banks”.

The study touched on the most important requirements of the international standard, especially with regard to classification of financial assets and the new framework for impairment in the value of assets, in addition to addressing accounting allocations when applying the capital adequacy criterion for the Basel Committee.

The importance of the topic comes in response to the proposals of the leaders of the Group of Twenty countries and the Basel Committee for Banking Supervision, where the International Accounting Standards Board (IASB) and the Financial Accounting Standards Board in the United States of America (FASB) adopted new standards in the formation of allocations to financial assets produced and unproductive. The new standards are based on a fundamental rule that is to use models based on the expected credit loss instead of the old models based on the achieved credit loss.

The study was based on the results of a questionnaire distributed to the central banks and Arab monetary institutions, which dealt with the challenges of implementation for control purposes and not for accounting purposes. Therefore, the study does not address in detail the requirements of the international standard, insofar as it shows the aspects that affect aspects related to the sound management of credit risk in banks and financial institutions and the expected impact of the application of this standard on capital adequacy.

The study indicated that the main goal of applying the international standard is to move to a Forward-looking model in recognition of the decline in the quality of credit, as this model does not require a specific event to record credit losses as it requires obtaining timely information about Any of the indicators that indicate the possibility of credit losses.

Expected Credit Loss (ECL) is required to be recorded at all times and classified at each disclosure date, to reflect the level of credit risk of the financial instruments.

The study dealt with the systematic treatment of accounting allocations, as it included the proposals included in the paper issued by the Basel Committee entitled "Control treatment of accounting allocations". In this context, the study reviewed the experiences of Arab countries in applying the standard and determining the effect of the expected credit loss (ECL) on the regulatory capital.

It also showed that most Arab central banks imposed on their banks the application of the standard, starting from January 1, 2018, when instructions were issued regarding its application. Banks in most Arab countries also declare the expected credit loss ratio according to the credit portfolios to the supervisory authority.

With regard to the challenges facing Arab banks, the study highlighted the most important one, in determining the methodology to be adopted in calculating the expected credit loss (ECL), because of its implications for formal capital, as the available methodologies explained between the methodology based on the indicators of probability of default (PD) The default failure (LGD), and the Adjusted Historical Loss Rate methodology. The study also highlighted the identification of the types of guarantees and eligible guarantees in order to calculate the expected credit loss, as another challenge facing banks in the Arab countries.

https://uabonline.org/%d8%aa%d8%ad%d8%af%d9%8a%d8%a7%d8%aa-%d8%aa%d8%b7%d8%a8%d9%8a%d9%82-%d8%a7%d9%84%d9%85%d8%b9%d9%8a%d8%a7%d8%b1-%d8%a7%d9%84%d8%af%d9%88%d9%84%d9%8a-%d9%84%d9%84%d8%aa%d9%82%d8%a7%d8%b1%d9%8a%d8%b1/
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum