Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Don't Kill Your Golden Goose - A Parable!   I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Don't Kill Your Golden Goose - A Parable!   I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
Don't Kill Your Golden Goose - A Parable!   I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Don't Kill Your Golden Goose - A Parable!   I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Don't Kill Your Golden Goose - A Parable!   I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Don't Kill Your Golden Goose - A Parable!   I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Don't Kill Your Golden Goose - A Parable!   I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Don't Kill Your Golden Goose - A Parable!   I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Don't Kill Your Golden Goose - A Parable!   I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Don't Kill Your Golden Goose - A Parable!   I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Don't Kill Your Golden Goose - A Parable!   I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Don't Kill Your Golden Goose - A Parable!   I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Don't Kill Your Golden Goose - A Parable!   I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Don't Kill Your Golden Goose - A Parable!   I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Don't Kill Your Golden Goose - A Parable!   I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Don't Kill Your Golden Goose - A Parable!   I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Don't Kill Your Golden Goose - A Parable!   I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Don't Kill Your Golden Goose - A Parable!   I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
Don't Kill Your Golden Goose - A Parable!   I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
Don't Kill Your Golden Goose - A Parable!   I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

Don't Kill Your Golden Goose - A Parable!

+10
Ponee
godsfool713
Dinar4silver
MartyM
humingbyrd
Reev
1alaskan
aksafeone
Gmansaid
yoursoulknows
14 posters

Go down

Don't Kill Your Golden Goose - A Parable!   Empty Don't Kill Your Golden Goose - A Parable!

Post by yoursoulknows Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:21 am

Hello Everyone,
I posted this over at PTR a few months ago.... it was well received and appreciated by many. My hope is it helps some people here as well... Blessings YSK

Have you all heard the story of the Goose who laid the Golden Egg? It's an important story. For those who don't know this tale here is a short version:

Once upon a time there was a farmer who worked very hard for his living. A goose came into his possession and this goose laid a golden egg every single day! The farmer was overcome with joy, and counted his blessings. After a few days the farmer became impatient - after all - it was only one golden egg a day! He said to his wife "If this goose lays a golden egg every day imagine what is inside the goose! He must be fully lined with gold! We should kill him, and get all the gold now, rather than waiting." His wife agreed and the farmer killed the goose. Much to his dismay he found the goose had no gold inside, and the farmer had killed his 'golden' goose.

Your RV monies are your "Golden goose" - I use this story to illustrate how important it is for us to keep our golden goose alive....

If you wish to help others in a large way, or buy expensive toys, be aware -
you are killing your golden goose. What do I mean? Well, if you gave a family member $200,000 for a home - you are killing your golden goose. If you buy an expensive vehicle - you are killing your golden goose. If you give away gifts of $10,000 or $20,000 to help others get out of debt - you are killing your golden goose. (And they will get back in debt because that is their mode of operation, it's their mind set, they don't know any better) Every time you dispose of a large amount of cash that is not bringing you back income - you are killing your golden goose. I have some tips and an example to help keep your goose alive while still helping those you love in ways you see fit.

Most (if not all) of us will have more money than we've ever had in our lives after the RV. Agreed? And it is not likely we could work and save this amount in 20+ years, agreed? And we all want to help others, share our wealth and enjoy our lives, agreed? We also want to give to our favorite charities, agreed? So remember the farmer...

Your RV monies are your Golden Goose. An example: Let's say you plan to help a loved one buy a house rather than just "give" them the money, buy the house yourself, in your name. Or put the title in your name and theirs, own it half and half. Set legal documents, carry the mortgage for half the amount of the house and let them pay you for their half - set monthly payments and interest (if you believe in interest). And - when the house is sold - you take half the equity plus whatever they still owe you on the mortgage. So - what have you accomplished?

1) a monthly income for yourself
2) you have helped your loved one live in a house that may be twice as nice as they could have afforded
3) no one can take money out of the house through a mortgage - you own half (remember there are emotional leeches who could 'get to' your loved one for money! They especially go after young people, our daughters and sons... )
4) you know they will look after the property, they own half
5) if they default the house becomes yours (put it in paper) and,
6) most importantly - you've helped a loved one buy a house and NOT killed your golden goose.

Do the math... if the house was $200K - you are getting $100K back through the mortgage and you will get your other $100K (or more if it goes up) when the house is sold. And you've helped someone as planned, with your goose intact and giving you a golden egg monthly AND your money protected. That's just an example... there are many creative ways to help others. This is not about conditional help, or control - it's about helping others without hurting yourself...

If you make good investments you will have monthly/quarterly income. Take time, do not rush to give away money (except your tithe/charity) and educate yourself on financial matters. Your job should be to keep your goose alive. Every time you spend a large amount - ask yourself - "Am I killing my golden goose?" Remember that the golden eggs (monthly incomes) allow you to live well, help people, give to charity in an ongoing flow - all without killing the goose that laid the golden eggs! Take your time.... there is no rush.

BE CAREFUL - buy 'real' wealth - real estate (rental incomes) beat a fluctuating stock market or mutual funds imho. Find professionals to help you with a purchase, and what to look for - take courses... I personally don't believe in 'interest' (either collecting it or paying it) so 'rental income' is 'blessed income' as it's not 'usury', so it works for me... do what works for YOU!

Pay off your debts, pay off your house, buy a few things... but if the bulk of the 'golden goose' is properly looked after - it can provide you income for your lifetime and for generations to come...

Remember - we all know what it feels like to be broke.. chose to never have that feeling again.
We all know what it feels like to have regrets about money decisions - chose to never have that feeling again.

Please don't forget to buy some silver and gold (physical stuff) - it won't pay you an income but it could go up in value, or hold value. Trust me - or do some research - precious metals are a great place to store your money (rather than currency) especially in these most uncertain times. Silver and Gold is God's money.

Lastly, be sure to keep food, water, supplies in your possession. In case of disaster, civil unrest or any emergency it is best to always be prepared - we can't eat gold or silver - lol
I wish you the best for your life, blessings,
Don't Kill Your Golden Goose - A Parable!   Efgole
YSK
yoursoulknows
yoursoulknows
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Don't Kill Your Golden Goose - A Parable!   Empty Re: Don't Kill Your Golden Goose - A Parable!

Post by Gmansaid Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:06 am

Darn fine post, yoursoulknows, thank you!

Gmansaid
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Don't Kill Your Golden Goose - A Parable!   Empty Re: Don't Kill Your Golden Goose - A Parable!

Post by aksafeone Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:49 am

As I recall it Rockefeller had all that oil money and kept investing. He was noted for giving people a dime - in those times that was a "pretty penny."

If one looks at that for a minute one sees that his golden hen was laying golden eggs and he was passing out silver dimes. The variance of value alone between the gold and silver is a profit all on it's own.

To take this one step farther: some are suggesting one invest in gold coins. Ok, but eventually (and not all that long after the RV) the gold coins are going to be gone from the market. Now what? Silver coins? They too will have been purchased by investors immediately after the investor gets their "golden egg."

Real estate? Well now, I think I will get a real estate license and pursue yet another venture - at 8% of the gross for selling the property one can increase their "golden egg" nicely and NEVER touch the "egg." Hmmmmm. Wonder how easy it will be to sell a property when all 3.5 million new millionaires are realtors?

Rental properties? Good idea. But I think I will either buy or build a storage facility. One can get paid monthly, if the rent isn't paid then foreclosure ensues and storage auctions (wars) are interesting events especially when the bidding is heated and frenzied netting the facility a tidy profit for merely holding a sale. Beats garage/yard sales all to thunder. Beside one could become infamous - you know star in the reality tv series, nah stardom is not for me - too ugly.

So many opportunities, so little time. Money will not be an issue. What to do? A quandary for sure. Well, I know what I am doing after RV, do you? If this is as close as it is purported to be then you'd better think/plan fast. What ever you decide make sure it isn't something like making ice and selling it to Eskimos (no offense intended or inferred) as they live in the land of ice and snow a lot of the year. Now fuel oil or natural gas in that environment might pay a dividend (if you are an Alaska resident and are physically here a majority of the year). Nah, the dividend wasn't up to it's usual amount this year and transportation cost preclude getting into the fuel supply business WAY up North. Next?

I think one might return to the Rockefeller theory and let it go at that. Let me see, a dime was worth ? in 1930 so it would be worth ? today?

I think I have solved the boredom problem with this investment - yoursoulknows gave us the answer - spend your time planning how to keep the golden egg!!

Smile it takes less muscles and effort. Relax have and iced tea.
aksafeone
aksafeone
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by 1alaskan Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:42 am

I think it was Henry Ford who once said, while talking about his worth and why he keeps working,

"Wealth is like a arm, if you stop using it, you will lose it"

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.
Marilyn Vos Savant

Yesterday would have been better, but today is a good day

Remember as always, JMHO
Rantings from just north of sixty

1alaskan
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Reev Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:50 pm

Thank you for this reposting. We need to hear/see these type of posts daily, to keep us focused on the REAL reason for this venture.

Reev

Back to top Go down

Post by humingbyrd Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:53 pm

Reev wrote:Thank you for this reposting. We need to hear/see these type of posts daily, to keep us focused on the REAL reason for this venture.

Well said Reev!!! happydance
humingbyrd
humingbyrd
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Don't Kill Your Golden Goose - A Parable!   Empty Ditto

Post by MartyM Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:24 pm

Gmansaid wrote:Darn fine post, yoursoulknows, thank you!

And as Okie says " Nuff Said" Don't Kill Your Golden Goose - A Parable!   949729897
MartyM
MartyM
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by yoursoulknows Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:51 pm

My thanks to each of you for your kind comments! YSK Don't Kill Your Golden Goose - A Parable!   2474380249

"Some things you know with your mind, others with your soul" ... Author Unknown
yoursoulknows
yoursoulknows
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by yoursoulknows Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:20 pm

Hi Everyone,

Glad to see so many people reading this - if you have comments, or ideas of your own, please post them!

I believe a responsibility of this 'trust' is to keep it alive so it can continue to keep your family living well, but also continue as an ongoing source of assistance to those (people or organizations) you've set up. When I use the word 'trust' - I believe we actually own nothing ~ and whatever we 'have' or 'own' it is Almighty God Who entrusts us with it - I also believe we will be held accountable, of course. That's my opinion, and we each have our own beliefs, I respect each persons thoughts and visions for them selves and their families.

So please, add your thoughts! IF there is ONE thing we've all had that is
LOTS of time to think about our plans - lol. I am so grateful it did not RV before, as I would have done things differently 6 months ago, or 9 months ago. I think many of us can say the same thing... am I right? I appreciate the time I had to think and really plan. I am also happy for those who got in a month ago, or 2 weeks ago, as they would not have had the opportunity had it RV'ed before... everything happens at it's right time... and it's not in our hands.

Stay strong, be positive, I know it seems dark at times BUT we must have faith... I believe it's 'soon' - quite soon, as the gurus say. When exactly? I don't have any idea, but personally I believe it could be any minute now, even going the next few weeks, but hopefully sooner than later, obviously!!

People don't plan to fail, they just fail to plan!

Cheers, have a great day
YSK
yoursoulknows
yoursoulknows
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Dinar4silver Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:43 pm

1alaskan

Several years ago, I read an article on Henry Ford. One passage in particular, used an example to show how frugal (cheap) Henry Ford was. The passage pointed out that he often refused to throw out his dress shirts, despite the fact that Ford's collars and cuffs were frayed, and the shirts often worn out. The author went on to say that Ford's valet would often have to secretly dispose of the shirts so that Ford would not wear them to work each day.

I told my wife this story after reading the article. My wife did not miss a beat when she pointed out that if Henry Ford was so frugal, what was he doing with a valet?

Just a thought.
Dinar4silver
Dinar4silver
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1alaskan Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:51 pm

I think Henry was thinking on the investment side of money.

Have you ever heard of Kingsford BBQ charcoal? Henry's idea, scrap wood from building cars. Only using black paint on cars, dried faster, equals more daily output of production.

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.
Marilyn Vos Savant

Remember as always, JMHO

1alaskan
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dinar4silver Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:25 pm

1alaskan,

Thanks for the great story.

My grandfather worked for a Ford dealership for almost 20 years during the 1920,30's and par of the 40's. He had great stories about Ford and the Ford company in general.

My grandfather loved the Kingsford Charcoal story and would often talk about the fact that the Ford car dealerships actually sold the charcoal. My grandfather said that the charcoal division of Ford, eventually became Kingsford.

When my grandfather passed away many years ago, we found a down payment receipt from the Chicago made car that he had ordered. It was very controversial in his circle of friends because he had ordered a "Tucker" car that was never delivered.

I live less than five miles away from the area where the Tucker car was actually built.

Have a nice weekend!
Dinar4silver
Dinar4silver
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dinar4silver Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:34 pm

yoursoulknows,

I enjoyed your post a great deal. I have just printed out the entire piece because I want to sit down, sip a beverage and think about what you have said.

I don't remember having so many thoughts from reading a posting.

I will post tomorrow after thinking about a few things.

A couple of questions if I may:

1) In today's world, what type of return on investment would you expect/hope to get?

2) Are you a risk taker? To what degree?

3) What tax rate (rates) are you expecting upfront during the cash-in of your Dinar?

Thanks again for your thought provoking posting

Dinar4silver
Dinar4silver
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1alaskan Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:35 pm

I know of the Tucker from the movie and some reading. Cool car, Headlights turned when you turned the wheel.

Great story and thanks for sharing

Marilyn Vos Savant

Remember as always, JMHO

1alaskan
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by godsfool713 Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:38 pm

thanks for being here Yoursoulknows, we are all very lucky , with your shares , thank you!!

bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce

Hello Everyone,
I posted this over at PTR a few months ago.... it was well received and appreciated by many. My hope is it helps some people here as well... Blessings YSK
godsfool713
godsfool713
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dinar4silver Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:58 pm

1alaskan,

My wife and I went to Napa Valley a few years ago for our anniversary. While we're in the Napa area we decided to go the the winery owned by Francis Ford Coppola. The winery had once been owned by Inglenook Winery.

The Coppola winery has wonderful grounds, beautiful buildings but the real treat for me, was the museum that featured various movie memorabilia from Coppola's movies (including the desk from the Godfather) and one of Coppola's personal Tucker cars (I believe he owns two of the 51 total).

If you ever have the chance to visit Napa Valley, check out the Coppola Winery. It was worth the time.

I went to the museum to see the Godfather memorabilia and left wanting a Tucker car.

My wife said I could have one if I found a small fortune. Hmmmmmmmmm
Dinar4silver
Dinar4silver
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by yoursoulknows Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:30 pm

Dinar4silver wrote:yoursoulknows,

I enjoyed your post a great deal. I have just printed out the entire piece because I want to sit down, sip a beverage and think about what you have said.

I don't remember having so many thoughts from reading a posting.

I will post tomorrow after thinking about a few things.

A couple of questions if I may:

1) In today's world, what type of return on investment would you expect/hope to get?

3) What tax rate (rates) are you expecting upfront during the cash-in of your Dinar?

Thanks again for your thought provoking posting

Hello Dinar4silver,

Thanks for taking the time to read, I'm glad you found value in my post. To answer your questions:

Because it is against my faith to collect/pay interest, my investment for returns would be commercial type rentals, like multi family apartments or small commercial (6 - 10 store small strip malls etc). So I am looking at 'returns' that are rental income. Depending on where I purchase the rental return will vary from net 5% to 10%. However, since I intend to pay off the property entirely, if I invest say $2M, my minimum net income would be $100K annually, or as high as $200K. I also intend to buy a house with no mortgage, a car with no loan, so the income from even one good investment would be more than enough for me to be comfortable, never work again, holiday, give charity, and help others every month. The key is the ongoing income which equals ongoing help as (personally) I don't need much to live on, or for myself to be comfortable.

I've been a risk taker when it comes to business most of my life, even this is a 'highly speculative' investment lol. However, if God sees to entrust me with enough to live for the rest of my life, it is unlikely I'll be taking 'risks' with the funds. I will be looking more towards 'preserving wealth' than making a ton of $'s.... let's face it, regardless of how 'great' a return may be in the future it is highly unlikely we'll ever see a return like the RV of the dinar. So I do not intend to risk too much, my breakdown may look something like this: 10% for the poor and needy, 15% on a home, car, travel, fun things (which include some 'cash' help to family and friends) 50% in good real estate (locations that will more likely go up in value over the next 10 - 20 years), about 15% in physical gold/silver and 5% in the stock market (gold silver mining companies, new technology, agriculture, etc) and the last 5% in currencies, something like that...

Where I live capital gains is straight 19.5%. If the funds are invested before the end of the year, however, one can defer taxes until they actually sell that investment. One will have to pay taxes on the income they earn, of course, from the rentals.

Hope that helps you!! A vague breakdown of my financial plan, for the world to see... lol YSK

Last edited by yoursoulknows on Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
yoursoulknows
yoursoulknows
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by yoursoulknows Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:33 pm

godsfool713 wrote:

thanks for being here Yoursoulknows, we are all very lucky , with your shares , thank you!!

bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce

Hello Everyone,

You're very sweet! Thank you! YSK
yoursoulknows
yoursoulknows
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by yoursoulknows Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:20 am

Whoever is meant to gain from this story will... so I'll bump it - just in case you're out there... lol
Blessings, YSK
yoursoulknows
yoursoulknows
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponee Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:58 pm

I saw this in the archives and thought it was a great thread.

Last edited by ponee on Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dinarstar Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:10 pm

It is indeed,thanks ponee :cheers:

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It's the courage to continue that counts."
Winston Churchill
(1874-1965)
hug

dinarstar
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Bushmaster Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:44 am

Thanks for bringing this back to life ponee bigsmile

Bushmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 1alaskan Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:52 am

As I read it, fond thoughts came back,

Thanks

Marilyn Vos Savant

Remember as always, JMHO

1alaskan
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by therealbutterfly Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:28 am

Real estate? Well now, I think I will get a real estate license and
pursue yet another venture - at 8% of the gross for selling the property
one can increase their "golden egg" nicely and NEVER touch the "egg."
Hmmmmm. Wonder how easy it will be to sell a property when all 3.5
million new millionaires are realtors?

aksafeone May I ask where you come up with 8% of the gross for selling a property for someone? If you know of a broker gettin 8% to sell a house, I wanna know! I will go work there! LOL!!! On average the broker gets 5% or 6% MAYBE 7% and that gets split between the selling broker and buying broker. Sometimes 50/50 sometimes not depending on the contract (I have seen a 5% commission get split as 3% to buyer broker and 2% to seller broker). And its not always on the gross but most of the time its on the NET, which is whats left after seller concessions etc. Ok so now the selling broker has their 3% from sellin the house and they gotta split that with the agent (in this case YOU). Depending on how your contract is set up, you might be on a 50% split. So now you are lookin at 1.5% of the Net price going to you. Take out whatever fees you had depending on your broker (some offices charge desk fees, phone fees, franchise fees, copy fees, marketing fees etc) and then your own personal licensing fees, what do you have left? Nevermind that some people take months to even a year or more to finally buy a house, and sometimes you end up workin for $8 an hour. Million dollar homes dont sell fast and require much skill to market correctly to sell. AND, as a new millionaire yourself, do you REALLY want to work for someone else?????? Because thats what it is when you become a realtor. You work for your buyer and you work for your seller. And trust me, high end clients want ATTENTION. They will call you anytime they feel like it and expect you to answer. lol

So to break it down on a house that sold for $1,000,000..... 6% of that is $60,000. Split between brokers is $30,000 to each. Now split again at 50/50 because you are a new agent and havent sold anythin before and now you have a $15,000 commission. Lets say you sold it in only 6 mos and you now earned a whopping $2500 per month minus your fees. I guarantee you I can flip a house or commercial property faster than that and make more money. ;-)

I also dont know what you mean by all 3.5 new millionaires are realtors? Can you explain that cuz I am lost.....

Rental properties? Good
idea. But I think I will either buy or build a storage facility. One
can get paid monthly, if the rent isn't paid then foreclosure ensues and
storage auctions (wars) are interesting events especially when the
bidding is heated and frenzied netting the facility a tidy profit for
merely holding a sale. Beats garage/yard sales all to thunder. Beside
one could become infamous - you know star in the reality tv series, nah
stardom is not for me - too ugly.

Might want to look into that idea more. There are MANY facilities sitting pretty empty right now yet you still have overhead to cover. Property management, staffing, security etc can start to add up when you dont have renters. I suggest you talk to some owners and see how it really is. And not that many people default on a monthly basis so its not like you have tons of auctions going on.

Real estate in general you cant go wrong with as long as you know HOW to invest. Its not an easy game if you are clueless. Many mistakes are made from eager and uneducated people. BUT its one of the few things that they arent makin more of so its a good investment. Wink Just make sure you know what you are doing before you get into it and study the market. I have been in it for years as an investor and a realtor and have seen fortunes made and fortunes lost.
therealbutterfly
therealbutterfly
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1alaskan Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:05 am

In Alaska, brokers charge 10% for raw land, we have lots of that, 6% on homes, and a bit more on some commercial.

Just guessing he took the average of 8%.

In California brokers charge 5% on homes, but most cities and/or counties charge a 1% transfer fee on the sale.

Marilyn Vos Savant

Remember as always, JMHO

1alaskan
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BAPOO007 Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:09 am

:flower: The parable about the Golden Goose was really great. Thank You for sharing your ideas!

To the post regarding everyone running out to become Realtors: The Real Estate business is not always the way others visualize it. Fees are negotiable, not set. I was an active Real Estate Broker in Texas for over 25 years. I always laugh when I hear others say how easy Real Estate is....You really can't know it until you walk in their shoes....carrying kids in your car for weeks..not making anything...later...spending Saturdays and Sundays in open houses...giving up part of your commission to help close a deal....I doubt some years, early on....it was minimum wage...considering all the hours put in....."Walking in someone's shoes before judging."...another good example of logic to follow!

Thanks again for the wonderful parable. Great ideas...breed other great ideas.

Last edited by BAPOO007 on Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:12 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : paragraph change.)

BAPOO007

Back to top Go down

Post by yoursoulknows Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:23 pm

Thanks everyone - and BAPOO007 - you are spot on about real estate as a career!! We all must
step back and analyze any job/career before assuming it's something it's not... Actually most
things, for that matter, are nothing like what they 'appear' to be.... even including some things
that are hated....

Cheers, YSK ☀

"Some things you know with your mind, others with your soul" ... Author Unknown
yoursoulknows
yoursoulknows
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by therealbutterfly Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:31 pm

1alaskan wrote:In Alaska, brokers charge 10% for raw land, we have lots of that, 6% on homes, and a bit more on some commercial.

Just guessing he took the average of 8%.

In California brokers charge 5% on homes, but most cities and/or counties charge a 1% transfer fee on the sale.

You missed what I was saying completely. He is implying that the person selling (or broker or agent or whatever) gets the 8%. THATS what I meant by tell me where he is gonna get 8% because I want to work there. I showed how it gets broken down and you can see that the commission fee is split several times. Its people who dont have a clue as to how fees are paid out that think we Realtors and Brokers make the full commission for ourselves.

Just to clarify for anyone who isnt sure, when you sell a house or anything with a realtor, the commission you pay gets split between the buyer and seller broker, and then that fee gets split between the broker and the agent. So dont beat up your realtor and ask them to take a lesser commission because it does cut into their paycheck a little more than you think...... Smile
therealbutterfly
therealbutterfly
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1alaskan Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:35 pm

If you read the post again you will see the words "Brokers Charge", how they spit it up is to them, It it is listed and sold in house that brokerage gets it all.

I personaly use a broker that when he lists it and sells it, he get is all, one man show.

Marilyn Vos Savant

Remember as always, JMHO

1alaskan
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by therealbutterfly Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:01 pm

1alaskan wrote:If you read the post again you will see the words "Brokers Charge", how they spit it up is to them, It it is listed and sold in house that brokerage gets it all.

I personaly use a broker that when he lists it and sells it, he get is all, one man show.

No, I read it and understood what you said. Read MY response again.....I was pointing out that HE was basically saying that one person got it all and that would be the realtor. THATS all I was pointing out that he is misunderstanding how it works, with the rare instance of your scenario.

Your scenario wont work for him either since you have to be a realtor first, do a specific amt of deals or have a degree in real estate before you can become a broker. lol
therealbutterfly
therealbutterfly
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum