Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
IBBC YEN Webinar I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2024 5:58 am by RamblerNash

» CBD Vape Cartridges
IBBC YEN Webinar I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
IBBC YEN Webinar I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
IBBC YEN Webinar I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
IBBC YEN Webinar I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
IBBC YEN Webinar I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
IBBC YEN Webinar I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
IBBC YEN Webinar I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
IBBC YEN Webinar I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
IBBC YEN Webinar I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
IBBC YEN Webinar I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
IBBC YEN Webinar I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
IBBC YEN Webinar I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
IBBC YEN Webinar I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
IBBC YEN Webinar I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
IBBC YEN Webinar I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
IBBC YEN Webinar I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
IBBC YEN Webinar I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

» Frat President Charged With Stealing $267K to Buy Worthless Iraqi Dinars
IBBC YEN Webinar I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:05 pm by RamblerNash

» Fact Check: NO Record 'Quantum Financial System' Exists Beyond Claims In Videos, Online Articles
IBBC YEN Webinar I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2024 6:15 pm by RamblerNash

IBBC YEN Webinar

Go down

IBBC YEN Webinar Empty IBBC YEN Webinar

Post by claud39 Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:36 pm

IBBC YEN Webinar

17th Jun 2020

IBBC YEN Webinar IBBC-Logo-Smaller-

IBBC Young Executives Network held a Webinar today highlighting the effects of COVID 19 and how the YEN can offer to support their members during this difficult period.
On the Panel was Mr Sammy Sharifi Co Chair of IBBC YEN, Ms Layla Al-Hassani of BP & Co Chair of IBBC YEN and Ms Rebecca Graham Senior Project Engineer, Wood.
A detailed presentation was given showing the impacts of COVID 19 and the overview key challenges and opportunities, Core Pillars, and a plan for the year ahead.
The YEN Webinar outlined ways they are supporting by giving back via STEM Initiative, AMAR Foundation Charity and Mentoring/Internships.
To watch this Webinar click here 

https://iraqbritainbusiness.org/news/ibbc-yen-webinar
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

IBBC YEN Webinar Empty IFC Hosts Corporate Transparency Webinar to Help Asia Pacific Firms Boost Resilience, Attract Capital

Post by claud39 Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:25 pm

IFC Hosts Corporate Transparency Webinar to Help Asia Pacific Firms Boost Resilience, Attract Capital

June 18, 2020

IBBC YEN Webinar Logo_ifc

Hong Kong SAR, China, June 18, 2020—IFC, a member of the World Bank Group, hosted a webinar today on the importance of corporate disclosure and transparency to help companies in Asia Pacific attract financing and boost their resilience amid challenges posed by the COVID-19 pandemic.

More than 400 participants from 42 countries, including representatives from central banks, stock exchanges, universities, and companies attended the “Going Beyond the Balance Sheet: Disclosure and Transparency Webinar.” The first of the Asia Pacific ESG Advisory webinar series, the event was organized in partnership with the United Nations Sustainable Stock Exchanges Initiative (SSE), a network of 96 stock exchanges and regulators.

“Investors need accurate and reliable information to make sound investment decisions, particularly in emerging markets where governance is at times weak and inherent risks are high,” said Vivek Pathak, IFC’s Regional Director for East Asia and the Pacific. “It is therefore critical for companies to improve their disclosure and transparency. This will inspire confidence in investors, thereby encouraging them to consider adding those companies to their investment portfolios. Subsequently, this will help these countries build strong local capital markets and a thriving private sector.”  

Built on the “Beyond the Balance Sheet: IFC Disclosure and Transparency Toolkit,” the webinar provides practical step-by-step guidance to help emerging market companies report better to investors and other key stakeholders. The award-winning toolkit is a collaborative effort involving more than 100 representatives of development partners and key capital market players, such as investors, regulators, stock exchanges, asset managers, and index providers.

“The training materials used in this webinar will be especially helpful in elevating disclosure and transparency standards in emerging markets,” said Emilio B. Aquino, Chairperson of the Philippines Securities and Exchange Commission. “Responsible corporate reporting not only allows companies to better mitigate risks and prepare for crises such as future pandemics, but also brings in additional value to the companies, making them more attractive to investors.”

This is the first time IFC is introducing this toolkit in Asia Pacific. The aim is to help companies develop comprehensive integrated annual reports that incorporate relevant environmental, social, and governance (ESG) information increasingly sought by investors. Banks can also use this toolkit to support their valuation and credit analyses, while regulators and standard setters can use it for designing ESG disclosure, and transparency codes and guidelines.

“The number of markets with formal guidance on ESG disclosure has more than tripled in the last five years to the point where today more than half the stock markets in the world have explicit expectations that companies produce high-quality ESG disclosure,” said Anthony Miller, Coordinator of the United Nations Sustainable Stock Exchanges initiative. “IFC’s technical assistance on ESG disclosure is an important contribution toward helping firms meet market expectations of the 21st century.”

The topic has attracted widespread interest among participants from Asia to Africa, Europe, and the Americas. In Asia Pacific, regulators and business leaders from Australia, Bangladesh, Cambodia, China, Hong Kong SAR, Fiji, India, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, New Zealand, Pakistan, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste, and Vietnam took part in the event.

Since 2018, IFC — in partnership with SSE — has been spearheading efforts to enhance ESG disclosure and reporting globally. Using IFC’s toolkit and SSE’s guidance, many countries, including Georgia, Iraq, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Peru, the Philippines, and Rwanda, have already launched national ESG reporting guidelines. Companies around the world are also using the tools to prepare annual reports.

About IFC

IFC—a sister organization of the World Bank and member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2019, we invested more than $19 billion in private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. For more information, visit 
www.ifc.org.

Stay Connected

www.ifc.org/eastasia
www.twitter.com/IFC_EAP
www.youtube.com/IFCvideocasts
www.ifc.org/SocialMediaIndex
www.instagram.com\ifc_org
www.facebook.com/IFCeap
www.facebook.com/IFCwbg

About the SSE

The SSE initiative is a UN Partnership Programme organized by UNCTAD, the UN Global Compact, UNEP FI, and the PRI. The SSE’s mission is to provide a global platform for exploring how exchanges, in collaboration with investors, companies (issuers), regulators, policymakers and relevant international organizations, can enhance performance on ESG (environmental, social and corporate governance) issues and encourage sustainable investment, including the financing of the UN Sustainable Development Goals. The SSE seeks to achieve this mission through an integrated programme of conducting evidence-based policy analysis, facilitating a network and forum for multi-stakeholder consensus-building, and providing technical assistance and advisory services. For more information, visit 
www.SSEinitiative.org

https://ifcextapps.ifc.org/IFCExt/Pressroom/IFCPressRoom.nsf/0/25DD7D51E41410CF8525858B003BE553
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum