Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Central bank to focus on security, liquidity I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Central bank to focus on security, liquidity I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
Central bank to focus on security, liquidity I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Central bank to focus on security, liquidity I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Central bank to focus on security, liquidity I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Central bank to focus on security, liquidity I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Central bank to focus on security, liquidity I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Central bank to focus on security, liquidity I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Central bank to focus on security, liquidity I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Central bank to focus on security, liquidity I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Central bank to focus on security, liquidity I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Central bank to focus on security, liquidity I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Central bank to focus on security, liquidity I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Central bank to focus on security, liquidity I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Central bank to focus on security, liquidity I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Central bank to focus on security, liquidity I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Central bank to focus on security, liquidity I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Central bank to focus on security, liquidity I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
Central bank to focus on security, liquidity I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
Central bank to focus on security, liquidity I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

Central bank to focus on security, liquidity

Go down

Central bank to focus on security, liquidity Empty Central bank to focus on security, liquidity

Post by lexie Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:15 am

October 20, 2011

Central bank to focus on security, liquidity

The State Bank of Viet Nam will continue to closely monitor the monetary market and the banking sector to discover violations and help banks deal with liquidity-related problems, the bank said.

These efforts are aimed at ensuring the smooth operation of the monetary market and safeguarding the interests of depositors as well as credit institutions and the banking sector as a whole.

In its announcement on Tuesday, the central bank also said the domestic monetary market was more stable, with a decrease in interest rates and greater transparency in deposit mobilisation and lending.

Interest on dong deposits is 14 per cent or less, and on loans to production sectors, 19 per cent.

The central bank is using monetary policy tools to bring down interest rates, curb money supply, and stabilise forex rates. This is also expected to ensure banking sector liquidity remains stable.

The central bank admitted that in the past the pace of credit growth at some banks was so quick that it resulted in an imbalance between and availability and use of funds.

To stop this, the bank said it was determined to scrupulously implement the Government's Resolution 11 on containing inflation, stabilising the economy, and guaranteeing social security.

Several monetary tightening measures were applied, which caused temporary liquidity problems for some banks.

They include reducing loans to non – production sectors to 16 per cent for the year, curbing overall credit growth to 20 per cent, capping deposit interest rates at 14 per cent, and raising basic interest rates such as re-financing rate.

Local banking system

In a development strategy unveiled on Tuesday by the central bank, the consolidation and restructure of the banking system will be major tasks over the next five years.

The central bank said although some progress had been made in the banking system over the past year, the sector was still lacking competitiveness, financial ability, proper management, up to date technology and skilled human resources, causing instability and latent risks.

The central bank has been looking at addressing these limitations to develop the system safely, healthily and effectively, based on large scale operations and advanced banking administration and technological systems.

Accordingly, four basic principles for the restructuring process have been identified.

First, the sector would develop a diversified banking system in ownership, scale and type to meet the diversified demands of the economy in both urban and remote areas.

Regarding scale, there would be a variety of banks, ranging from those that could operate and compete on a regional scale, to small and medium sized banks and non-banking credit organisations to meet the demands of all the people.

The most important thing was that existing banks operated safely, healthily and effectively, not their scale, said State Bank Governor Nguyen Van Binh.

Second, the sector would improve a safe and secure banking system.

Third, mergers and consolidation among banks would be implemented under a voluntary basis and ensure the interests of depositors as well as the economic rights and obligations of shareholders.

Fourth, the restructure of the banking system would be implemented in various reasonable forms, measures and schedules.

The SBV said that mergers and consolidation tended to improve competitiveness and would bring added value to banks, including larger operating scale, increased reputation and lower operating costs.

By the end of 2010, Viet Nam's banking system has one development bank, one social policy bank, five State-owned and State-invested commercial banks, 37 joint stock commercial banks, 50 branches of foreign banks, five wholly foreign-invested banks, five joint venture banks, 18 financial firms, 12 financial leasing companies and one people's central credit fund.

http://www.vietfinancenews.com/2011/10/central-bank-to-focus-on-security.html#more

"WHEN THE POWER OF LOVE OVERCOMES THE LOVE OF POWER, THE WORLD WILL KNOW PEACE"
lexie
lexie
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum