Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Expectations of the Iraqi economy to shrink and the budget deficit to exceed 29% I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Expectations of the Iraqi economy to shrink and the budget deficit to exceed 29% I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Expectations of the Iraqi economy to shrink and the budget deficit to exceed 29% I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Expectations of the Iraqi economy to shrink and the budget deficit to exceed 29% I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Expectations of the Iraqi economy to shrink and the budget deficit to exceed 29% I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Expectations of the Iraqi economy to shrink and the budget deficit to exceed 29% I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Expectations of the Iraqi economy to shrink and the budget deficit to exceed 29% I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Expectations of the Iraqi economy to shrink and the budget deficit to exceed 29% I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Expectations of the Iraqi economy to shrink and the budget deficit to exceed 29% I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Expectations of the Iraqi economy to shrink and the budget deficit to exceed 29% I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Expectations of the Iraqi economy to shrink and the budget deficit to exceed 29% I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Expectations of the Iraqi economy to shrink and the budget deficit to exceed 29% I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Expectations of the Iraqi economy to shrink and the budget deficit to exceed 29% I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Expectations of the Iraqi economy to shrink and the budget deficit to exceed 29% I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Expectations of the Iraqi economy to shrink and the budget deficit to exceed 29% I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Expectations of the Iraqi economy to shrink and the budget deficit to exceed 29% I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Expectations of the Iraqi economy to shrink and the budget deficit to exceed 29% I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Expectations of the Iraqi economy to shrink and the budget deficit to exceed 29% I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Expectations of the Iraqi economy to shrink and the budget deficit to exceed 29% I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Expectations of the Iraqi economy to shrink and the budget deficit to exceed 29% I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

Expectations of the Iraqi economy to shrink and the budget deficit to exceed 29%

Go down

Expectations of the Iraqi economy to shrink and the budget deficit to exceed 29% Empty Expectations of the Iraqi economy to shrink and the budget deficit to exceed 29%

Post by claud39 Sat May 09, 2020 1:34 pm

Expectations of the Iraqi economy to shrink and the budget deficit to exceed 29%

09/05/2020

Expectations of the Iraqi economy to shrink and the budget deficit to exceed 29% 20698

Economy News _ Baghdad

On Saturday, the World Bank expected the Iraqi economy to shrink and the budget deficit to rise to 29%.

According to the report, it is expected that "the country's GDP growth rate will shrink in the year 2020 by 9.7%, registering a decrease from a positive growth rate achieved in 2019 of 4.4%, which makes it the country's worst annual economic performance since 2003."

The report pointed out that "with Iraq’s past conditions and its entry into this current crisis, it has limited its ability to address the socioeconomic impact and mitigate it resulting from the drop in oil prices, reduce the production share and the turmoil caused by the embargo measures related to the Coruna virus."

And his report stated that "the public sector economy of the country that is totally dependent on oil has hindered the creation of job opportunities in the private sector. Moreover, the growing resentment about the lack of services and the increase in corruption and lack of job opportunities are all still present, in addition to the political stalemate over Forming a new government. "

"Financial regulation and diversification of the economy through a broader contribution to the private sector are vital to reducing Iraq's vulnerability to external shocks," said Sarju Kumar Juha, regional director of the World Bank for the Mashreq region.

He adds, "The presence of targeted reform and a program to promote growth would help maintain the reconstruction efforts and maintain the positive developments achieved in the electricity and agricultural sectors over the past year," noting that "

The report indicated that "if oil prices stabilize below $ 30 a barrel, and no reform measures are taken, the budget deficit will exceed 29% of GDP for 2020, and that the total financing needs will reach $ 67 billion (more than 39% of GDP) Total)".

The World Bank stated that, "According to this situation, the financing options will be limited, and the heavy dependence on local financing can affect the liquidity available for private sector credit, and weaken the budget of the Central Bank of Iraq, thereby creating pressures on financial inflation and the rate of selling the currency", / Guest: "At the same time, the possibility of access to global markets may prove difficult, taking into account the conditions of the global market and the weakness of the Iraqi economy system."

The report included "highlighting the importance of the digital transformation for Iraq and the urgent need behind it," noting that "the benefits resulting from the active digital economy are very huge, and upgrading the digital economy will help Iraq to improve economic opportunities, especially for young people, and thus meet the demands of citizens."

He pointed out that "the digital transformation of the Iraqi economy will require economic reforms and long-term development priorities, as well as a digital economic framework with several axes that include providing access to a high-speed Internet, providing digital management services, improving access to information, and developing the skills of young people in technology science."

http://economy-news.net/content.php?id=20187
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum