Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Monetary Fund: The financial wealth of the Gulf countries may be depleted within 15 years I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Monetary Fund: The financial wealth of the Gulf countries may be depleted within 15 years I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
Monetary Fund: The financial wealth of the Gulf countries may be depleted within 15 years I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Monetary Fund: The financial wealth of the Gulf countries may be depleted within 15 years I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Monetary Fund: The financial wealth of the Gulf countries may be depleted within 15 years I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Monetary Fund: The financial wealth of the Gulf countries may be depleted within 15 years I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Monetary Fund: The financial wealth of the Gulf countries may be depleted within 15 years I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Monetary Fund: The financial wealth of the Gulf countries may be depleted within 15 years I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Monetary Fund: The financial wealth of the Gulf countries may be depleted within 15 years I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Monetary Fund: The financial wealth of the Gulf countries may be depleted within 15 years I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Monetary Fund: The financial wealth of the Gulf countries may be depleted within 15 years I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Monetary Fund: The financial wealth of the Gulf countries may be depleted within 15 years I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Monetary Fund: The financial wealth of the Gulf countries may be depleted within 15 years I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Monetary Fund: The financial wealth of the Gulf countries may be depleted within 15 years I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Monetary Fund: The financial wealth of the Gulf countries may be depleted within 15 years I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Monetary Fund: The financial wealth of the Gulf countries may be depleted within 15 years I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Monetary Fund: The financial wealth of the Gulf countries may be depleted within 15 years I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Monetary Fund: The financial wealth of the Gulf countries may be depleted within 15 years I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
Monetary Fund: The financial wealth of the Gulf countries may be depleted within 15 years I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
Monetary Fund: The financial wealth of the Gulf countries may be depleted within 15 years I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

Monetary Fund: The financial wealth of the Gulf countries may be depleted within 15 years

Go down

Monetary Fund: The financial wealth of the Gulf countries may be depleted within 15 years Empty Monetary Fund: The financial wealth of the Gulf countries may be depleted within 15 years

Post by claud39 Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:43 am

Monetary Fund: The financial wealth of the Gulf countries may be depleted within 15 years

07/02/2020

Monetary Fund: The financial wealth of the Gulf countries may be depleted within 15 years Rc_158105996823_23

The International Monetary Fund said that the Arab Gulf states - which are among the richest countries in the world - may exhaust their financial wealth within the next fifteen years in light of the decline in oil and gas revenues unless the pace of financial reforms is accelerated.

The six Gulf Cooperation Council states - whose monetary fund estimates a net worth of $ 2 trillion - contribute more than a fifth of the world's oil supply, but the region's economies have been hit hard by the drop in oil prices in 2014 and 2015.

While low crude prices pressure governments to collect revenues from non-oil resources and remedy their financial conditions, "the impact of low oil and gas revenues has not yet been fully offset," the IMF said in a report.

"In light of the current financial situation, the existing financial wealth of the region may be exhausted in the next fifteen years," he added.

The Washington-based international lender said global oil demand could peak in 2040 or sooner if regulatory efforts to protect the environment and rationalize energy consumption are strengthened.

"All the countries of the Gulf Cooperation Council recognize the fixed nature of the challenge they face ... However, the expected speed and size of these financial control measures in most countries may not be sufficient to stabilize their wealth."

For decades, the Gulf states mobilized their wealth of energy resources to provide employment opportunities for millions of citizens, within the framework of a social contract that rewards rulers according to political compliance and academic achievement for life-long jobs.

But private sector jobs with high wages that require little effort from workers have resulted in lower productivity and a culture of eligibility without justification, as well as high costs with population growth.

Budgets are further depleted by generous public spending on subsidies, social services, and pensions.

And the governments of the Gulf states embarked on austerity measures, but only gradually to prevent social unrest, so I took steps such as the introduction of value-added tax in some countries. But most still find it difficult to balance fiscal discipline and growth.

The IMF said that the introduction of value-added tax and selective taxation was a positive step: 'There is a great opportunity to take this progress as a base that can be built upon.

"As the region shifts towards a non-oil economy, its shift from diversified fees to less widespread taxes, for example, may bring in much-needed income diversification."

The fund said last month that Kuwait - which owns one of the largest sovereign funds in the world - may need funding of about $ 180 billion over the next six years in the absence of more radical financial measures.
Saudi Arabia, the largest Arab economy and the world's largest oil exporter, expects a deficit of $ 50 billion this year, up from $ 35 billion in 2019.

http://www.uabonline.org/en/news/arabicnews/15891606158316081602157516041606160215831575160415/72678/0
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum