Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
The Kurdistan Region is resuming construction of 11 dams and is planning to construct another 200 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
The Kurdistan Region is resuming construction of 11 dams and is planning to construct another 200 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
The Kurdistan Region is resuming construction of 11 dams and is planning to construct another 200 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
The Kurdistan Region is resuming construction of 11 dams and is planning to construct another 200 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
The Kurdistan Region is resuming construction of 11 dams and is planning to construct another 200 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
The Kurdistan Region is resuming construction of 11 dams and is planning to construct another 200 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
The Kurdistan Region is resuming construction of 11 dams and is planning to construct another 200 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
The Kurdistan Region is resuming construction of 11 dams and is planning to construct another 200 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
The Kurdistan Region is resuming construction of 11 dams and is planning to construct another 200 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
The Kurdistan Region is resuming construction of 11 dams and is planning to construct another 200 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
The Kurdistan Region is resuming construction of 11 dams and is planning to construct another 200 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
The Kurdistan Region is resuming construction of 11 dams and is planning to construct another 200 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
The Kurdistan Region is resuming construction of 11 dams and is planning to construct another 200 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
The Kurdistan Region is resuming construction of 11 dams and is planning to construct another 200 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
The Kurdistan Region is resuming construction of 11 dams and is planning to construct another 200 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
The Kurdistan Region is resuming construction of 11 dams and is planning to construct another 200 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
The Kurdistan Region is resuming construction of 11 dams and is planning to construct another 200 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
The Kurdistan Region is resuming construction of 11 dams and is planning to construct another 200 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
The Kurdistan Region is resuming construction of 11 dams and is planning to construct another 200 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
The Kurdistan Region is resuming construction of 11 dams and is planning to construct another 200 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

The Kurdistan Region is resuming construction of 11 dams and is planning to construct another 200

Go down

The Kurdistan Region is resuming construction of 11 dams and is planning to construct another 200 Empty The Kurdistan Region is resuming construction of 11 dams and is planning to construct another 200

Post by RamblerNash Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:56 pm

The Kurdistan Region is resuming construction of 11 dams and is planning to construct another 200

The Kurdistan Region is resuming construction of 11 dams and is planning to construct another 200 Story_img_5e01fcee4cfaa

12/24/2019 14:56

{Baghdad: Al Furat News} An official in the Ministry of Agriculture, Water Resources in the Kurdistan Region, announced the allocation of 33 billion dinars to resume work on building 11 dams in the region, despite the continued stoppage of work on six strategic dams, the cost of building 500 billion dinars.

There are a number of rivers and waterways in the Kurdistan region, some of which flow into the territory of the region from neighboring countries, and the total amount of water received annually to the Kurdistan region is about 50 billion cubic meters, but experts in the field of water resources say that 85% of this amount passes through the territory of the region Kurdistan without the benefit of it because of the lack of dams and water reservation projects.

Engineer Akram Ahmed, Director General of Dams and Water Reservoirs at the Ministry of Agriculture and Water Resources in the Kurdistan Region, said in a press statement that there are 17 dams and 100 100 water storage barriers in the Kurdistan Region, with an annual storage capacity of about 10 billion cubic meters of water.

The Directorate General of Dams was created in 2007, and its Director General says that the Directorate has so far built 12 dams (dams: Jelly, Dikilah, Hammam, Kudla, Shewa Sur, Hesha Zaini, Jami Sammour, Baidoohi, Bawa Shaswar, Hassan Kanoush, Qadir Karam, Saba) These dams can collectively store more than 72.5 million cubic meters of water and provide water for the tourist cultivation of about 16290 dunums (dunum = 2500 square meters) of agricultural land. The total cost of constructing these dams reached 96.5 billion dinars.

Data of the General Directorate of Dams and Water Tanks indicate that there are currently projects to construct 17 dams, but the financial crisis has led to the suspension of work in most of them. To resume work on these dams, the Kurdistan Regional Council of Ministers, in an official letter, commissioned the Ministry of Finance and Economy to allocate 33.322 billion dinars to complete construction 11 dams.

The dams covered by this decision are dams: Customs, Acoban, Shokair, Banutalban and Naznin, in Erbil, Khans, Sibnaj 2 and Kali Bandawah‌ in Dohuk Governorate, Dewanah, Torah Jar, Khornawazan in Sulaymaniyah.

Engineer Akram Ahmed says: "Dams that are allocated for this amount to be completed in different stages of implementation, where the implementation rate of some of them reaches 20%, while the rate of implementation in others reached 90% before work stopped."

Ahmed believes that "the completion of building these dams will move the Kurdistan region to another stage in terms of capacity to store water, and the possibility of floods will decrease in the areas where the dams are built, in addition to storing an additional 59 million cubic meters of water, while providing irrigation water to grow 27,300 acres A stay.

He added: "The effects of the financial crisis on the construction of dams have not ended, as work is still stalled on dam projects (Basrah, Bawa Noor, Soorqashan, Jujqaq, and Zalan) and completing these projects needs 500 billion dinars."

For their part, water experts say that the dams that were built in the Kurdistan region are small and will not have major economic impacts.

As the water expert in the Department of Geography at the Faculty of Arts - Salahuddin University, Professor Azad Jalal Sharif says: "Turkey and Iran are building dams on the rivers that flow into the Kurdistan region, and if the Kurdistan region does not take quick steps to build large dams and strategic water storage, it is likely that they will lead Any scarce year to rain to threaten water security for the Kurdistan region. "

Sharif adds: "The absence of clear plans and strategies to benefit from running water, 85% of the waters of rivers and waterways pass through the Kurdistan region without benefiting from them."

There are three large and strategic dams in the Kurdistan Region (Dokan, Darbandikha and Dohuk) that together can store more than 10 billion cubic meters of water.

Bakhma Dam, another one of the dams, was designed in 1932, and work has stopped since 1991, and if the first phase of it is fully implemented, it can store 17 billion cubic meters of water, but the completion of the project according to the General Directorate of the Dams guesses needs 10 billion Dollars.

The Director General of Dams, Akram Ahmed, said: "This project is sovereign under the Iraqi constitution. Therefore, the task of completing it falls on the federal government, which did not allocate any money to build dams in the Kurdistan region, except for two small dams."

Ahmed notes that the completion of the construction of the Khumah Dam is not included in their general directorate’s plans, but they are planning to construct 200 dams, part of which has been drawn up maps and designs, but there is no money to implement these projects.

https://alforatnews.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=224242

The Kurdistan Region is resuming construction of 11 dams and is planning to construct another 200 258310255 
>>>TNTBS's YouTube Channel<<<
RamblerNash
RamblerNash
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum