Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation

3 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation Empty Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation

Post by claud39 Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:08 am

[size=35]Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation[/size]

2019-11-29

[size=35]IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation Doc-P-326507-637106278844695455
[/size]

Prime Minister Adel Abdul Mahdi said on Friday he would submit an official letter to the House of Representatives requesting his resignation.

Abdul-Mahdi said in a statement received by Alsumaria News, "I listened very carefully to the speech of the Supreme Religious Authority on 29/11/2019 and stated that: given the difficult circumstances experienced by the country, and the apparent deficit in dealing with the authorities concerned with the developments of the two months The Council of Representatives, from which the current government emerged, is called upon to reconsider its options in this regard and act in the interests of Iraq and preserve the blood of its people, and avoid slipping into a cycle of violence, chaos and devastation. "

He added, "In response to this call and to facilitate and accelerate its implementation as soon as possible, I will submit to the House of Representatives the official letter requesting the resignation of the current government so that the Council can reconsider its options." It is in the interest of the people and the country. "

https://www.alsumaria.tv/news/%D8%B3%D9%8A%D8%A7%D8%B3%D8%A9/326507/%D8%B9%D8%A8%D8%AF-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%85%D9%87%D8%AF%D9%8A-%D8%B3%D8%A7%D8%B1%D9%81%D8%B9-%D9%84%D9%84%D8%A8%D8%B1%D9%84%D9%85%D8%A7%D9%86-%D8%B7%D9%84%D8%A8-%D8%A7%D8%B3%D8%AA%D9%82%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AA%D9%8A
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation Empty Legal expert reveals after the resignation of Abdul Mahdi and confirms: You do not need the approval of Parliament

Post by claud39 Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:09 am

[size=35]Legal expert reveals after the resignation of Abdul Mahdi and confirms: You do not need the approval of Parliament[/size]

2019-11-29

[size=35]IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation Doc-P-326511-637106301508176927
[/size]

The legal expert Tarek Harb, on Friday, that the resignation of Prime Minister Adel Abdul-Mahdi does not need the approval of the House of Representatives, while noting that the current government will be a caretaker, pointed out that the nominated name is assigned by the President of the Republic within 15 days from the date of nomination.

Harb said in an interview with Alsumaria News, "The resignation of Adel Abdul-Mahdi does not need the approval of the House of Representatives or vote on it is valid from the date of its announcement," noting that "the current government will be a caretaker government and work on the affairs of the Iraqi state."

Harb added, "With regard to the federal budget for the next year, it is in the process of preparing and legislation within the government, so it can be completed and sent to the House of Representatives for amendment and vote because the relevant legislation is the House of Representatives as well as being linked to the services of citizens and their salaries."

He pointed out that "the next step is the nomination of the largest parliamentary bloc for the figure who will occupy the post of the next prime minister and is currently according to the election bloc marching unless a larger bloc of official alliances submitted to the presidency of the parliament to be the largest bloc," adding that "the name of the candidate is assigned The President of the Republic within a period of 15 days from the date of nomination, and has a period of 30 days to submit the names of his cabinet to the House of Representatives to give confidence.

Prime Minister Adel Abdul-Mahdi announced on Friday that he would submit an official letter to the House of Representatives requesting his resignation.

https://www.alsumaria.tv/news/%D8%B3%D9%8A%D8%A7%D8%B3%D8%A9/326511/%D8%AE%D8%A8%D9%8A%D8%B1-%D9%82%D8%A7%D9%86%D9%88%D9%86%D9%8A-%D9%8A%D9%83%D8%B4%D9%81-%D9%85%D8%A7-%D8%A8%D8%B9%D8%AF-%D8%A7%D8%B3%D8%AA%D9%82%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A9-%D8%B9%D8%A8%D8%AF-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%85%D9%87%D8%AF%D9%8A-%D9%88%D9%8A%D8%A4%D9%83%D8%AF-%D9%84
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation Empty Alsumaria News publishes the text of the statement Sistani reference on the events that accompanied the demonstrations

Post by claud39 Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:33 am

[size=35]Alsumaria News publishes the text of the statement Sistani reference on the events that accompanied the demonstrations[/size]

2019-11-29

[size=35]IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation Doc-P-326485-637106178001986381
[/size]

Alsumaria News, the statement of the supreme religious authority Mr. Ali al-Sistani on the recent events that accompanied the demonstrations, especially in the provinces of Najaf and Dhi Qar.

The statement delivered during the second sermon delivered by the representative of the Supreme religious authority , Mr. Ahmed Safi on Friday, came in the text:

Dear brothers and sisters , we

read you the text of what was received from the Office of His Eminence (long live) in Najaf:

In the name of God the Merciful

, the Supreme Religious Reference follows with deep sorrow and regret the news of the recent clashes in a number of cities, especially wounded Nasiriyah and Najaf, and the destruction of much of the precious blood and exposure to many property burned and vandalized.

The religious authority, having mercy on the honorable martyrs, consoling their families and calling on them for patience and solace, and for the wounded to recover quickly, reaffirms the inviolability of the assault on peaceful demonstrators and the prevention of them from exercising their right to demand reform. Peaceful demonstrators should distinguish themselves from non-peaceful people and cooperate in the expulsion of terrorists - whoever they are - and do not allow them to exploit peaceful demonstrations to harm citizens' property and attack their owners.

Given the difficult circumstances in which the country is going through, and the apparent deficit in dealing with the authorities concerned with the developments of the last two months in order to preserve the rights and inject blood, the House of Representatives from which the current government is invited to reconsider its options in this regard and act in the interest of Iraq and the province It is called upon to accelerate the adoption of the electoral legislation package that is satisfactory to the people in preparation for holding free and fair elections whose results sincerely reflect the will of the Iraqi people, procrastination and procrastination in the conduct of this pain. R, which is the gateway to overcome the current crisis in a peaceful and civilized manner under the roof of the constitution will cost the country a heavy price and everyone would regret it.

Enemies and their tools are planning to achieve their malicious goals from spreading chaos and devastation to internal fighting and then bringing the country back to the age of abominable dictatorship. Everyone must cooperate to miss the opportunity.

The religious authority will remain a support for the Iraqi people, and they have nothing but advice and guidance to what they believe is in the interest of the people, and it remains for the people to choose what he deems fit for the present and future without guardianship of anyone.

- Yes

https://www.alsumaria.tv/news/%D8%B3%D9%8A%D8%A7%D8%B3%D8%A9/326485/%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B3%D9%88%D9%85%D8%B1%D9%8A%D8%A9-%D9%86%D9%8A%D9%88%D8%B2-%D8%AA%D9%86%D8%B4%D8%B1-%D9%86%D8%B5-%D8%A8%D9%8A%D8%A7%D9%86-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%85%D8%B1%D8%AC%D8%B9-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B3%D9%8A%D8%B3%D8%AA%D8%A7%D9%86%D9%8A-%D8%AD%D9%88%D9%84-%D8%A7%D9%84
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation Empty Sistani calls on parliament to re-choices of the government that emerged from it

Post by claud39 Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:37 am

[size=35]Sistani calls on parliament to re-choices of the government that emerged from it[/size]

2019-11-29 

[size=35]IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation Doc-P-326482-637106177606962858
[/size]

The Supreme Reference Ali al-Husseini al-Sistani, on Friday, called on the House of Representatives to re-choices of the government that emerged from it, as well as to accelerate the adoption of a package of electoral legislation to be satisfactory to the people in preparation for free and fair elections.

And quoted the reference authority in Karbala, Ahmed al-Safi during Friday sermon quoted the supreme authority as saying, "Given the difficult circumstances experienced by the country, and the apparent deficit in dealing with the relevant authorities with the developments of the last two months in order to preserve rights and inject blood, the House of Representatives from which the government The current is called upon to reconsider his options in this regard and to act in the interest of Iraq and preserve the blood of its people, and avoid sliding into a cycle of violence, chaos and devastation. "

He added, "The House of Representatives is called to expedite the approval of the package of electoral legislation to be satisfactory to the people in preparation for the holding of free and fair elections, the results sincerely reflect the will of the Iraqi people," pointing out that "procrastination and procrastination in the conduct of this path, which is the appropriate entrance to overcome the current crisis in a way Peace and civilization under the Constitution will cost the country a high price and everyone will regret it. "

https://www.alsumaria.tv/news/%D8%B3%D9%8A%D8%A7%D8%B3%D8%A9/326482/%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%85%D8%B1%D8%AC%D8%B9-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B3%D9%8A%D8%B3%D8%AA%D8%A7%D9%86%D9%8A-%D9%8A%D8%AF%D8%B9%D9%88-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A8%D8%B1%D9%84%D9%85%D8%A7%D9%86-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%89-%D8%A7%D8%B9%D8%A7%D8%AF%D8%A9-%D8%AE%D9%8A%D8%A7%D8%B1%D8%A7%D8%AA%D9%87-%D8%A8
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation Empty Re: Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation

Post by Jayzze Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:31 am

?when he resigns the question is who takes his place? how many others will follow him?what becomes of the budget?
Jayzze
Jayzze
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation Empty Source: Barham Saleh as prime minister in addition to his position

Post by claud39 Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:25 pm

[rtl]Source: Barham Saleh as prime minister in addition to his position[/rtl]

2019/11/29

IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation Cbafee3c7-225130

Baghdad / Al-Ghad Press:

President Barham Saleh will serve as prime minister under article 81 of the constitution, a source close to the talks said Friday.
The source told "Tomorrow Press" that "the current president of the Republic Barham Saleh, according to Article 81 of the Constitution is the prime minister in addition to his position.

https://www.alghadpress.com/view.php?cat=225130
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation Empty A legal expert talks about the mechanism of resignation of the prime minister and those who submit it as well as the future of the government

Post by claud39 Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:30 pm

[rtl]A legal expert talks about the mechanism of resignation of the prime minister and those who submit it as well as the future of the government[/rtl]

2019/11/29

IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation 2a6259245-225129

Baghdad / Al-Ghad Press:

The legal expert Ali al-Tamimi, on Friday, that the Prime Minister to submit his resignation in writing to the President of the Republic to decide the latter to accept it directly or delay until the reasons are known, and that within a reasonable period.

"If the president agrees to resign, the whole government is considered to be resigning and continues to conduct daily affairs for 30 days, during which the president will appoint another candidate in accordance with Article 76 of the constitution," Tamimi said in a post.

Al-Tamimi added that "there are kinds of resignations in the constitutions of the world not provided for in the Iraqi constitution, including (optional), which are without pressure or influence, and (compulsory), which comes as a result of demonstrations and popular pressure, and in all cases the right of parliament to dismiss the prime minister by majority, and is considered The whole government is resigned. "

"The constitutional amendment needs to address these details as the French constitution did."

https://www.alghadpress.com/view.php?cat=225129
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation Empty Ahead of an emergency session of deputies .. Governor of Dhi Qar Iraqi resigns from office

Post by claud39 Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:45 pm

Ahead of an emergency session of deputies .. Governor of Dhi Qar Iraqi resigns from office

29 November 2019 05:19 PM

IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation 1024

Direct: The Governor of Dhi Qar in Iraq, Adel al-Dakhili, resigned from his position, before an emergency parliamentary session, next Sunday, at the invitation of the House of Representatives of Iraq to discuss the situation in the province.

The Governor said on Thursday: "O sons of the province of Dhi Qar father, O Ashoos heroes who have proven throughout the history of Iraq, you are his sons and justified defenders in the most difficult tribulations, and the darkest circumstances, I write to you now, and my heart squeezes pain on what happened in our patient city stricken And I send my speech to you because you are parents, relatives and clan, "according to the Iraqi News Agency" conscious. "

Al-Dukhaili added: "Since we assumed our position as Governor of Qar late August of this year, to this hour, we have worked and Allah Almighty has witnessed, sincerely to put your service first, and save your interests and blood above all else."

He stressed that since the beginning of the peaceful protests clearly and explicitly stated his position in support of them, and support for legitimate demands.

Dakhili said: "This bloody day, which witnessed unfortunate events, and fell from our sons dozens of martyrs and wounded by forces from outside the province, and was not notified the local government of its existence and did not look at its tasks, and this can not be silent or ignored, we are the sons of Dhi Qar How can such an illegal action be taken and for any legal consideration? "

He continued: "We have already threatened earlier this day the need to hold the perpetrator accountable, and disclose details of exactly what happened, and because we are in an exceptional circumstance, we announce before you and your hands our resignation from our position to protest what happened, and to evacuate the responsibility of the local government of what was committed ".

The governor again called for an immediate and comprehensive investigation to uncover all the details that accompanied the events of "this Thursday."

And called on the presidency of the Iraqi parliament deputies, on Thursday, to hold a session on the situation in the province of Dhi Qar, on Sunday.

Police in the Iraqi province of Dhi Qar also warned yesterday of chaos and called on tribal elders to intervene immediately to prevent strife.

The Iraqi province of Dhi Qar announced on 26 November that it was suspended for two days in the province, which is experiencing demonstrations against the economic situation and unemployment in the country.

Nominations

https://www.mubasher.info/news/3567306/%D9%82%D8%A8%D9%8A%D9%84-%D8%AC%D9%84%D8%B3%D8%A9-%D8%B7%D8%A7%D8%B1%D8%A6%D8%A9-%D8%A8%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%86%D9%88%D8%A7%D8%A8-%D9%85%D8%AD%D8%A7%D9%81%D8%B8-%D8%B0%D9%8A-%D9%82%D8%A7%D8%B1-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B9%D8%B1%D8%A7%D9%82%D9%8A%D8%A9-%D9%8A%D8%B3%D8%AA%D9%82%D9%8A%D9%84-%D9%85%D9%86-%D9%85%D9%86%D8%B5%D8%A8%D9%87/
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation Empty Following the Mahdi .. Secretary General of the Council of Ministers of Iraq resigns

Post by claud39 Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:48 pm

Following the Mahdi .. Secretary General of the Council of Ministers of Iraq resigns

29 November 2019 07:58 PM

Direct: The Secretary-General of the Council of Ministers of Iraq announced his resignation from his post, following a similar move from the Prime Minister, Adel Abdul Mahdi.

The Secretary-General of the Council of Ministers, Hamid al-Ghazzi, on Friday, the resignation of his post, according to a brief statement made by an official source told the Iraqi News Agency "conscious."

And decided the Iraqi Prime Minister Adel Abdul Mahdi, today, to submit his resignation to the House of Representatives after an invitation from the highest religious authority to inject blood.

Adel Abdul-Mahdi said: "I listened very carefully to the speech of the supreme religious authority today, which noted that it is in view of the difficult circumstances experienced by the country, and what appeared to be a clear deficit in dealing with the developments of the last two months in order to preserve the rights and inject blood The current government has emerged from it and is invited to reconsider its options in this regard. "

The police chief of Dhi Qar province, Major General Mohammad Mohsen Zeidan, today, resigned from his post.

The Iraqi News Agency "conscious", that the police chief of Dhi Qar resigned against the backdrop of the events that occurred Thursday in the province.

The Governor of Dhi Qar in Iraq, Adel al-Dakhili, today, to resign from his post, before an emergency parliamentary session , next Sunday, at the invitation of the Council of Representatives of Iraq to discuss the situation in the province.

The Governor stressed that since the beginning of the peaceful protests clearly and explicitly stated his supportive position, and supportive of legitimate demands.

Dakhili said: "This bloody day, which witnessed unfortunate events, and fell from our sons dozens of martyrs and wounded by forces from outside the province, and did not notify the local government of its existence and did not look at its tasks, and this can not be silent or ignored, we are the sons of Dhi Qar How can such an illegal action be taken and for any legal consideration? "

He continued: "We have already threatened earlier this day the need to hold accountable what happened, and disclose the details of what exactly happened, and because we are in an exceptional circumstance, we announce before you and your hands our resignation from our position in protest against what happened, and the discharge of the responsibility of the local government of what was committed ".

The governor again called for an immediate and comprehensive investigation to uncover all the details that accompanied the events of "this Thursday."

Nominations

https://www.mubasher.info/news/3567324/%D8%B9%D9%82%D8%A8-%D8%B9%D8%A8%D8%AF%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%85%D9%87%D8%AF%D9%8A-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A3%D9%85%D9%8A%D9%86-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B9%D8%A7%D9%85-%D9%84%D9%85%D8%AC%D9%84%D8%B3-%D9%88%D8%B2%D8%B1%D8%A7%D8%A1-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B9%D8%B1%D8%A7%D9%82-%D9%8A%D8%B3%D8%AA%D9%82%D9%8A%D9%84/
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation Empty Hashemi: Saleh as prime minister in accordance with the Constitution

Post by claud39 Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:13 pm

Jayzze wrote:?when he resigns the question is who takes his place? how many others will follow him?what becomes of the budget?

Hashemi: Saleh as prime minister in accordance with the Constitution

29-11-2019

IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation Image

Baghdad / News

Security and strategic expert Hisham al-Hashimi, said that President Barham Saleh will be prime minister in accordance with the Constitution.

Al-Hashimi said in a tweet on his Twitter account: "According to Article 81 of the Iraqi Constitution of 2005, Mr. Barham Salih is assigned as prime minister within a limited period of time.

http://www.ikhnews.com/index.php?page=article&id=203460
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation Empty Re: Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation

Post by claud39 Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:05 pm

claud39 wrote:

[rtl]Source: Barham Saleh as prime minister in addition to his position[/rtl]

2019/11/29

IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation Cbafee3c7-225130

Baghdad / Al-Ghad Press:
President Barham Saleh will serve as prime minister under article 81 of the constitution, a source close to the talks said Friday.
The source told "Tomorrow Press" that "the current president of the Republic Barham Saleh, according to Article 81 of the Constitution is the prime minister in addition to his position.

https://www.alghadpress.com/view.php?cat=225130

Barham Salih (Kurdish: بەرھەم ساڵح‎, romanized: Berhem Salih; Arabic: برهم صالح‎; born 12 July 1960) is the 8th and current President of Iraq.[5] He is the former Prime Minister of the Kurdistan Region and a former deputy prime minister of the Iraqi federal government. He was elected and assumed office as the President of Iraq on 2 October 2018.
[th]Barham Salih[/th][th]8th President of Iraq[/th][th]Prime Minister[/th][th]Preceded by[/th][th]2nd Prime Minister of Kurdistan Region[/th][th]President[/th][th]Preceded by[/th][th]Succeeded by[/th][th]Deputy Prime Minister of Iraq[/th][th]President[/th][th]Prime Minister[/th][th]Preceded by[/th][th]Succeeded by[/th][th]Prime Minister[/th][th]Preceded by[/th][th]Succeeded by[/th][th]3rd Prime Minister of Kurdistan Region[/th][th]President[/th][th]Preceded by[/th][th]Succeeded by[/th][th]Chair of Board of Trustees at The American University of Iraq, Sulaimani[/th][th]Preceded by[/th][th]Succeeded by[/th][th]Personal details[/th][th]Born[/th][th]Nationality[/th][th]Political party[/th][th]Other politicalaffiliations[/th][th]Spouse(s)[/th][th]Residence[/th][th]Alma mater[/th][th]Website[/th]
IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation 220px-Barham_Salih_portrait
Incumbent
Assumed office
2 October 2018
Adil Abdul-Mahdi
Fuad Masum
In office
28 October 2009 – 5 April 2012
Masoud Barzani
Nechervan Barzani
Nechervan Barzani
In office
20 May 2006[1] – 20 August 2009[2]
Serving with Salam al-Zaubai,[3] Rafi al-Issawi[4]
Jalal Talabani
Nouri al-Maliki
Rowsch Shaways
Rowsch Shaways
In office
28 June 2004 – 3 May 2005
Iyad Allawi
Coalition Provisional Authority
Rowsch Shaways
In office
21 January 2001 – 20 July 2004
Jalal Talabani
Kosrat Rasul Ali
Omar Fattah Hussein (acting)
In office
2007–2017
Position established
Jill Derby
Barham Ahmed Salih

12 July 1960 (age 59)
Slemani, Kurdistan Region, Iraq
Iraqi Kurd
Patriotic Union of Kurdistan (1976–2017, 2018–present)
Coalition for Democracy and Justice (2018)
Sarbagh Salih
Radwaniyah Palace, Baghdad, Iraq
Cardiff University
University of Liverpool
www.barhamsalih.net
[size]

Contents

[/size]

Early lifeEdit

Barham Ahmad Salih was born in 1960 in Sulaymaniyah. He was arrested in 1979 by the Ba'athist regime twice on charges of involvement in the Kurdish national movement by taking some photos of protesters in Sulaimaniya city and spent 43 days in detention in a Special Investigation Commission prison in Kirkuk where he was tortured.[6] Once released, he finished high school and left Iraq for the United Kingdom to flee continuous persecution.[6]
Barham Salih is married to Sarbagh Salih, the head and founding member of the Kurdish Botanical Foundation and a women's rights activist.[7] The couple have two children.[8]

CareerEdit

[size=19]Deputy Secretary General of Patriotic Union of Kurdistan[size=16]Edit[/size]

Barham Salih joined the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan (PUK) in late 1976 where he became a member of the PUK department of Europe, and was in charge of PUK foreign relations in London. In addition to the political struggle, he finished his university studies and received a Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering and Construction from the Cardiff University in 1983. He continued to study and obtained a Doctorate degree in Statistics and Computer Applications in Engineering from the University of Liverpool in 1987.
He was elected a member of the PUK leadership at the first party conference when Iraqi Kurdistan was liberated from the Ba'ath Party following the first Gulf War. He was assigned the task of heading the PUK Office in the United States.
After the fall of the Baathist regime, he became Deputy Prime Minister in the Interim Iraqi Government (in mid-2004), Minister of Planning in the Transitional Government (in 2005), and Deputy Prime Minister in the elected Iraqi Government (Nouri al-Maliki's Cabinet) in charge of the economic portfolio and Head of the Economic Committee. Representing the Iraqi Government, he launched the International Compact with Iraq – an initiative of mutual commitment between Iraq and the international community to help Iraq in meeting its obligations of "building a prosperous, democratic and federal country, in peace with itself and with the region and the world".
Salih appeared on The Colbert Report on 10 June 2009, broadcast from Baghdad, and was interviewed by the host. He praised the U.S. military for sending troops into Iraq, and acknowledged that many Kurds desire independence.

Prime Minister of the Kurdistan Region Government[size=16]Edit[/size]

Barham Salih spearheaded the Kurdistani List in the 2009 Iraqi Kurdistan legislative election. The list won 59 of 111 seats. He succeeded Nechervan Idris Barzani as the Prime Minister of the Kurdistan Regional Government. His term was marked by a turbulence time with the rise of an opposition (Movement for Change) to challenge the government while his own party was scrambling to stay together after losing the stronghold city of Sulaymaniyah. He survived the first motion of no confidence in Iraqi Kurdistan following the 2011 Kurdish protests in Iraq. He signed the first major oil contract with Exxon Mobil after drafting and amending a new oil law.[9] He relinquished the post of Prime Minister to Nechervan Idris Barzani on 5 April 2012 as part of a political agreement between the ruling KDP–PUK coalition.[10]

Move to opposition[size=16]Edit[/size]

In September 2017, Salih announced that he was leaving the PUK and forming a new opposition party, the Coalition for Democracy and Justice, to compete in the forthcoming Iraqi Kurdistan elections. Following the death of PUK leader Jalal Talabani and the Kurdish opposition leader Nawshirwan Mustafa, the alliance was seen to have the potential to change the Kurdish political landscape. He said he hoped to gather all the other opposition parties, including Gorran and Komal, to challenge the governing KDP–PUK alliance.[11]

President of Iraq[size=16]Edit[/size]

On 2 October 2018, Barham Salih was elected as 8th President of Iraq.[12] He received 219 votes and defeated Fuad Hussein who secured 22 votes.[13]
Salih condemned the 2019 Turkish offensive into north-eastern Syria, stating that it "will cause untold humanitarian suffering, empower terrorist groups. The world must unite to avert a catastrophe, promote political resolution to the rights of all Syrians, including Kurds, to peace, dignity and security".[14][/size]

CriticismEdit

On 19 September 2018, the announcement that Barham Salih will be the PUK's candidate for the post of Iraqi president was greeted with anger by many on social media while others expressed hope that his international reputation and experience would bring a steady hand to tumultuous Baghdad. Some took to the social media platform to call Salih out for perceived opportunism, noting he had just recently been campaigning against PUK and KDP corruption.[15][16][17]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barham_Salih?fbclid=IwAR0XXJlHe0lNLGhTgFpJ_i_j1Iap3dHGzfZAmzLqK7DZdqCddCXtA3wCvic
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation Empty Constitutional steps resulting from the resignation of the Prime Minister

Post by claud39 Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:13 am

[size=35]Constitutional steps resulting from the resignation of the Prime Minister[/size]

2019-11-30

[size=35]IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation Doc-P-326565-637107038798397222
[/size]

The President of the Integrity Commission Alasf Hassan Yasiri, announced the constitutional steps resulting from the resignation of the Prime Minister.

Resignation shall take effect from the date of its announcement, and shall not depend on the approval of any party whatsoever on the severity and certainty.

2. The Prime Minister may be satisfied only by announcing the resignation in order to arrange its effects;

- The entire government will be transformed into the caretaker government once the resignation is announced, and it will continue to run the day-to-day affairs and enjoy all security and service powers.
A new candidate for prime minister shall be appointed within a maximum period of thirty days from the date of the announcement of the resignation.

5. The House of Representatives should be in permanent session for the duration of the mandate to appoint the new candidate.

6. The Council of Representatives and the President of the Republic shall continue to exercise their constitutional functions, and no new legislative elections shall be required unless the Council dissolves itself constitutionally.

7. The term of office of the new Government resulting from the aforementioned constitutional procedures shall be a continuation of the term of the resigning Government, not a new term, and shall expire at the end of the term of the current session of the Parliament.

Earlier on Friday, Prime Minister Adel Abdul-Mahdi said he would resign from parliament to parliament.

https://www.alsumaria.tv/news/%D8%B3%D9%8A%D8%A7%D8%B3%D8%A9/326565/%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AE%D8%B7%D9%88%D8%A7%D8%AA-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AF%D8%B3%D8%AA%D9%88%D8%B1%D9%8A%D8%A9-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%85%D8%AA%D8%B1%D8%AA%D8%A8%D8%A9-%D8%B9%D9%84%D9%89-%D8%A7%D8%B3%D8%AA%D9%82%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A9-%D8%B1%D8%A6%D9%8A%D8%B3-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%88%D8%B2%D8%B1%D8%A7
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation Empty 4 candidates to succeed Abdul Mahdi as prime minister

Post by claud39 Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:33 am

[size=36]4 candidates to succeed Abdul Mahdi as prime minister[/size]

30/11/2019

IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation 830112019_whatsapp-image-2019-10-23-at-1-51-07-pm

Baghdad - Mawazine News

learned / Mawazine News, on Saturday, a list of four candidates to succeed Adel Abdul Mahdi as prime minister.

According to information obtained by Mawazine News, "the list of candidates to succeed Abdul-Mahdi include the head of the Supreme Judicial Council, Faiq Zidan, and the deputy for the State of Law coalition led by Nuri al-Maliki, Mohammed al-Sudani, and former youth minister candidate for the wisdom movement led by Ammar al-Hakim, Abdul Hussein Abtan and MP for the Victory Alliance led by former Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi, Adnan Zarfi.

The presence of the head of the judiciary in Iraq on the list of candidates for an executive post has sparked a wide-ranging legal debate over the willingness of all parties to jump on the constitution, which provides for the separation of powers, which led to a statement by a group of judges addressed to Faiq Zidan, warning him against accepting this. Filtration.

Informed political sources said that "this list was sent on Friday evening to the President of the Republic Barham Saleh, one of them to form a new government within 15 days from the date of acceptance of the resignation of Abdul Mahdi and his government in parliament, after quick talks by party leaders."

Once this information leaked to the Iraqi street demonstrating against this political class, a wave of cynicism began, while activists said that the demonstrators confirmed their intention to remain in the squares until the change of the entire political system, not just to overthrow the government.

https://www.mawazin.net/Details.aspx?jimare=74834
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation Empty Yasiri: These constitutional steps resulting from the resignation of the Prime Minister

Post by claud39 Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:38 am

[size=36]Yasiri: These constitutional steps resulting from the resignation of the Prime Minister[/size]

30/11/2019

IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation 1030112019_NB-236178-636614657236478210

BAGHDAD - Mawazine News

, former President of Integrity, Hassan al-Yasiri, on Saturday, about the constitutional steps resulting from the resignation of the Prime Minister.

"The resignation is effective from the date of its announcement, and does not depend on the approval of any party whatsoever on the pieces and certainty," Yasiri said in a statement received by Mawazine News.

He added, "The Prime Minister can only simply announce the resignation to arrange their effects; but the first deposited in writing to the House of Representatives."

"The entire government will be transformed into the caretaker government once the resignation is announced, and it will continue to run daily affairs and enjoy all security and service powers."

He pointed out that "must be assigned a new candidate for prime minister within a maximum period of thirty days from the date of the announcement of the resignation, and the House of Representatives should be in permanent session throughout the period struck to assign the new candidate."

He pointed out, "The House of Representatives and the President of the Republic continue to exercise their constitutional tasks, and does not require the holding of new legislative elections only if the Council dissolved itself constitutionally."

He pointed out that "the term of the new government resulting from the aforementioned constitutional procedures would be a continuation of the term of the resigned government, not a new term, and will end with the end of the term of the election session of the current parliament."

https://www.mawazin.net/Details.aspx?jimare=74849
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation Empty Details of the extraordinary cabinet meeting today .. offered the resignation of Abdul Mahdi

Post by claud39 Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:42 am

[size=36]Details of the extraordinary cabinet meeting today .. offered the resignation of Abdul Mahdi[/size]

30/11/2019

IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation 1030112019_ffffffffffffffffffffff

BAGHDAD - Mawazine News

/ Mawazine News / Saturday, details of the cabinet's extraordinary session today.

In a statement received by Mawazine News, the Information Office of Prime Minister Adel Abdul-Mahdi said that the cabinet held an extraordinary session this morning called by Prime Minister Adel Abdul-Mahdi to present his resignation from the premiership and submit it to the House of Representatives. 

The government has a duty to conduct daily affairs in accordance with the constitution. "
"The principle of the peaceful transfer of power in the democratic system and the realization of the interests of the people is an easy goal," the prime minister said.

He pointed out that "the government has made every effort to respond to the demands of the demonstrators and to provide reform packages, appointments, plots of residential land and important bills such as the Electoral Law and the Commission and the Federal Service Council, and the file of the positions of the agency, the preparation of the federal budget, and work under an integrated government program," calling on the House of Representatives to " "I call on members of the government to continue their work until the formation of the new government."

The statement pointed out that "the Prime Minister reviewed the complex circumstances in which the government was formed and the challenges faced and the achievements made in the past period at the internal level and external relations."

He pointed out that "the Council voted at the conclusion of the special session on the resignation of the Director of the Office of the Prime Minister and the Secretary-General of the Council of Ministers."

https://www.mawazin.net/Details.aspx?jimare=74855
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation Empty The Cabinet approves the resignations of Abu Jihad and Ghazi

Post by claud39 Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:45 am

[size=36]The Cabinet approves the resignations of Abu Jihad and Ghazi[/size]

30/11/2019

IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation 1030112019_NB-250978-636760684678867909

BAGHDAD -

The Council of Ministers approved on Saturday, the resignations of the Director of the Office of Prime Minister Abu Jihad al-Hashemi and Secretary-General of the Council Hamid al-Ghazi from their positions.

Government sources told Mawazine News that the cabinet approved the resignation of Prime Minister Abu Jihad al-Hashemi's office.

She added, "The Council also approved the resignation of the Secretary-General of the Council Hamid al-Ghazi."

Both al-Ghazzi and al-Hashemi resigned from their posts in the wake of protests in Baghdad and the southern governorates.

https://www.mawazin.net/Details.aspx?jimare=74852
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation Empty Parliamentary Legal: Parliament will go towards the application of Article 76 of the Constitution in the formation of the new government

Post by claud39 Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:46 pm

[size=30]Parliamentary Legal: Parliament will go towards the application of Article 76 of the Constitution in the formation of the new government[/size]

30/11/2019 

IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation Thumbnail.php?file=parlaman_iraq_new_707204574

Ahd News - Baghdad

The Parliamentary Legal Committee, on Saturday, that "the parliament will go towards the application of Article 76 of the Constitution in the formation of the new government, while noting that the political blocs began to compete in the submission of candidates for prime minister."

A member of the Legal Committee, MP Intisar al-Ghribawi, in a press statement, seen by the site "Al-Ghadeer", that "within hours after the submission of Prime Minister, Adel Abdul Mahdi, his resignation began political blocs are racing to submit their candidates to succeed Abdul Mahdi, while supposedly "The new prime minister is a strong, determined and courageous figure who can bring the country out of its current crisis."

She added, "Parliament will move towards the application of Article (76) of the Iraqi constitution in the formation of the new government, which provides for the largest bloc in the parliament to submit a candidate for prime minister, and if this bloc could be resorted to the second largest bloc in the House of Representatives to form a government But under the political consensus and quotas, this article has killed, and made the government formed through political consensus or the two largest blocs.

"We must put aside consensus and quotas, be patriotic, and move towards choosing a bold character capable of running the country in the coming period, because the leadership of the country is very difficult under the current circumstances.

Calling for the formation of a decisive government to accomplish what the outgoing government was unable, and in a short record period.

Al-Ghribawi said: "The formation of the new government will take time because it has not been on the submission of the resignation of Abdul-Mahdi only hours, and began to race to submit candidates, and opened the doors did not close to the requests of the blocks, and everyone wants to separate his mood.

Finished ...

http://alahadnews.net/index.php/permalink/190770.html
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation Empty Sudanese denies his candidacy for prime minister

Post by claud39 Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:51 pm

[size=30]Sudanese denies his candidacy for prime minister[/size]

01/12/2019

IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation Thumbnail.php?file=20171205_161207_422549881

Ahd News - Continue

State of Law MP Mohammed Shia al-Sudani denied on Saturday that he was running for prime minister.

Al-Sudani said in a tweet on his Twitter account that he is not a candidate for any political party .
This was the head of the State of Law coalition, Nuri al-Maliki, also denied his candidacy or submitted to another candidate for the post of prime minister instead of Abdul Mahdi.

Finished ...

http://alahadnews.net/index.php/permalink/190784.html
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation Empty Maliki does not seek to return to the premiership and has no candidate for office

Post by claud39 Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:52 pm

[size=30]Maliki does not seek to return to the premiership and has no candidate for office[/size]

01/12/2019

IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation Thumbnail.php?file=nouri_al_maliki_308152726

Ahd News - Baghdad

The director of the Office of the leader of the coalition of law, Hisham al-Rikabi, on Saturday, "Maliki does not seek to return to the post of prime minister.

Al-Rikabi said in a tweet on his site in the "Twitter", that "the leader of the coalition of state law does not have a candidate for the post of prime minister," stressing that "Maliki does not seek to return to the premiership."

This was the political sources announced the introduction of the name of al-Maliki an alternative to Abdul-Mahdi to succeed him in the prime minister.

Finished ...

http://alahadnews.net/index.php/permalink/190774.html
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation Empty Legal expert: The current government will become a caretaker government for one month

Post by claud39 Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:02 pm

[size=30]Legal expert: The current government will become a caretaker government for one month[/size]

30/11/2019

IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation Thumbnail.php?file=9879879_768x429_391123503

The legal expert Ali al-Tamimi, on Saturday, details of the resignation of Prime Minister Adel Abdul-Mahdi, noting that all members of the cabinet are covered by the resignation according to the Constitution.

Al-Tamimi said in a press statement seen by "Al-Ahd News", "The Constitution provides for the inclusion of all ministers to resign the prime minister from his post without exception of any person."

He added that "the government of Abdul-Mahdi will be transformed into a caretaker government for a period of only one month is not extendable provided that the President of the Republic is committed to designate the second bloc to nominate the prime minister."

Al-Tamimi said, "The President of the Republic will head the government with the powers of a caretaker government in the event of the expiry of the month without specifying an alternative candidate for Abdul-Mahdi."

http://alahadnews.net/index.php/permalink/190597.html
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation Empty Iraq after the resignation of Abdul Mahdi .. Names in circulation and the fate of the crisis

Post by claud39 Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:20 pm

[size=40]Iraq after the resignation of Abdul Mahdi .. Names in circulation and the fate of the crisis[/size]

November 30, 2019

IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation 25794F47-5FC4-44C5-80FA-A18D93043A78_cx0_cy17_cw0_w1023_r1_s

Mustafa Hashim - Washington

The resignation of Iraqi Prime Minister Adel Abdul-Mahdi comes two months after the outbreak of angry demonstrations that killed at least 420 people and injured thousands, raising questions about whether this resignation will stop the Iraqi bloodshed and allow solutions to the crisis, or complicate it.

Many Iraqis fear violence will continue to escalate amid anger over casualties, as the government moves slowly towards reforms.

The deputy of the province of Baghdad, Faiq Sheikh Ali that the resignation of the government at the beginning of the end of the crisis, "because it is the first demand of the Iraqi people and the rest of the demands come successively, including what is linked to the amendment of the Constitution and the electoral law and the Electoral Commission," but he is afraid after Abdul Mahdi.

The Sheikh Ali in an interview with the "free site" that "the demonstrators are not satisfied with a person from the government, but parliament will not bring anyone outside the political blocs and will not respond easily to the protests to bring an independent person."

"Tunnel full of bumps"

Raad Hashim, a researcher at the Iraqi Center for Strategic Studies, explains that the context in Iraq for naming a new prime minister "depends on the two biggest winning blocs in the elections, the Fateh led by Hadi al-Amiri (whose bloc includes most of the pro-Iranian armed factions) and the Sairon bloc (led by Moqtada al-Sadr). , In consultation with political blocs. "

Hashim adds that the next stage is "the beginning of a crisis will enter us in a tunnel full of bumps, because these political blocs our return to not agree, which is always rivalry lengthens their differences and not resolved only by external interference."

Hashem tries to be optimistic, saying that "the dismissal of the government is one of the demands of the demonstrators, and therefore the political blocs represented in parliament must seize the subject of resignation to reach solutions that touch the demands of the masses," but he added, "is ruled out, but it may become forced to respond in The end to the demonstrators who proved that they are redeeming Iraq with their lives and naked breasts. "

Iraqi demonstrators continued their protests in Baghdad and southern areas, saying that the resignation of Abdul Mahdi is not convincing and insisting on "the removal of all symbols of corruption."

IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation 5574E89F-507C-480D-BCC5-83EDB9296581_w650_r0_s

Candidates to succeed Abdul Mahdi

Raad Hashim believes that the names on offer are many, including Faiq al-Zaidan, president of the Federal Court, but he is unlikely because he is Sunni, and under the understandings that have been in place, the prime minister should be a Shiite.

Hashim points out that the obstacle is that there are leaks that the religious authority (Sistani) does not want to "experience the experimenter."

The second option, according to Hashim, is Qusay al-Suhail, minister of higher education. He was affiliated with the Dawa party led by former Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki, and is now affiliated with the Sadr movement two years ago.

The third option is former Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi. Protest currents, especially the Sadrist movement, "according to Hashem.

He adds that some of the demonstrators put forward the name of Lieutenant General Abdel Wahab al-Saadi, former commander of the counter-terrorism, which came out demonstrations for his victory when Abdel Mahdi removed him from office.

IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation F55F4E20-1637-485C-8D05-6787C79A21DB_w650_r0_s

There is a proposal for Moqtada al-Sadr to nominate some candidates and present them to the demonstrators for a referendum in Tahrir Square in Baghdad, according to Hashem.

Conflict between Iran and the camp of demonstrators

MP Fayek Sheikh Ali believes that the identity of the next prime minister is difficult to predict "because all the political blocs, no matter how large their size, they are all small in front of this size of protests, and in my opinion no one in the political scene deserves to be prime minister in this difficult situation ".

Hashim believes that the next conflict "will be between the pro-Iranian parties of the conquest of Fatah, who want to complete the consultations for three years to come in another place Abdul Mahdi's place but with the same approach, and another camp wants a transition period are the demonstrators who want to remove all this corrupt era and its faces."

Hashim calls on the international community to "come and interact in order to be the next alternative away from Iranian influence and to be technocrats and independent and away from manipulation and manipulation and fraud."

Hashim concluded by stressing that "it is the international presence that will leave its mark and restrain the hand of Iran, or leave it to make room for further intervention" on Iraq.

https://www.alhurra.com/a/%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B9%D8%B1%D8%A7%D9%82-%D8%A8%D8%B9%D8%AF-%D8%A7%D8%B3%D8%AA%D9%82%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A9-%D8%B9%D8%A8%D8%AF-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%85%D9%87%D8%AF%D9%8A-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A3%D8%B3%D9%85%D8%A7%D8%A1-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%85%D8%AA%D8%AF%D8%A7%D9%88%D9%84%D8%A9-%D9%88%D9%85%D8%B5%D9%8A%D8%B1-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A3%D8%B2%D9%85%D8%A9-/523358.html
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation Empty The challenges Iraq faces after prime minister’s resignation

Post by claud39 Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:46 am

[size=68]The challenges Iraq faces after prime minister’s resignation[/size]

SAT, NOV 30, 2019

IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation Mahdi-large-1024x683

The news on November 29 that Iraqi Prime Minister Adil Abdul-Mahdi will resign is unprecedented in post-2003 Iraq. Many questions must be answered before his successor is appointed, and in the meantime, we can expect unrest to continue.
The immediate concern will be constitutional. The Iraqi constitution addresses the replacement of a prime minister following his removal from office by a parliamentary vote of no-confidence and in the case of vacancy for any reason, but it is silent on resignation, other than a scenario related to the dissolution of parliament and the calling of a new election. If that occurs, the prime minister will be “considered as having resigned and the government becomes a caretaker” government until a new one is confirmed, according to Article 64.

In the event of parliamentary removal of the prime minister, the constitution allows the government to remain in office to run the country for a maximum period of thirty days until a new government is formed, according to Article 61.
 If the office of prime minister is vacated for any other reason, the president will serve as prime minister until a new government is formed, and he must designate a new prime minister within fifteen days, according to Article 81. It remains to be seen which pathway will be used to replace Abdul-Mahdi, and the process may require a ruling by the Supreme Court.

The other question that must be addressed is the possible constitutional violation of October 2018 when President Barham Salih appointed Abdul-Mahdi prime minister on the basis of parliamentary consensus before the proper designation of the parliament’s largest bloc. Article 76 of the constitution authorizes the president to nominate a prime minister from the largest parliamentary bloc.

However, no such bloc was identified subsequent to Abdul-Mahdi’s nomination, leaving the parliament and the presidency faced with more questions to answer in this contentious and uncertain moment. 

If the president nominates a prime minister now without properly designating the largest bloc, he will be challenged in court. If he follows the constitution literally, he will have some time until the designation of the largest bloc is made; a care-taker government can run affairs temporarily as mentioned earlier. However, if the Article 81 pathway is chosen, there will be only fifteen days to identify the largest bloc and nominate a new prime minister.

Aside from the complexity of this situation, there is also the menace of foreign influence. Government formation periods in Iraq have always attracted regional and other international powers to converge in Baghdad and throw all their weight to tip the balance in favor of their interests—or what each of them unilaterally deem to be Iraqi interests.

Since 2003, Iraqis have consistently lost their first choice of prime minister and have settled for an alternative who was viewed as a compromise by foreign powers, and namely the United States and Iran. Despite the protesters’ vociferous rejections of foreign meddling in Iraq’s affairs, both in words and in action, it is not realistic to expect that the coming government formation process will be significantly different. In fact, there is perhaps more at stake in the next government than all previous iterations and, therefore, its formation will be accompanied by more intense pressure campaigns than ever before.  

The appointment of a new government, with all the uncertainties that surround it, is only half of the picture of what is happening in Iraq and what will shape its immediate future. The other (and more important) half concerns the reaction of the protesters who are the driving force behind this crisis.

The demands of the Iraqi protesters—who represent the overwhelming majority of the people’s views—include not merely the overthrow of the government and the replacement of it with officials from the same mistrusted political elite. The protesters’ slogans (“I want a homeland” and “I am protesting to reclaim my rights”) go way beyond giving the political system a facelift. Their demands span from employment and economic opportunities to the overhaul of the political system and real reform that addresses the corruption and political apportionment system (muhassassa) which gives a few privileged political parties exclusive control over the country.

The protesters also envision a sovereign country free from foreign influence. Any government that is not going to present a credible program to meet this wide range of demands combined with the aptitude to implement it will not gain their approval and secure stability and security, which are essential prerequisites for moving Iraq forward.

Dr. Abbas Kadhim is the director of the Atlantic Council’s Iraq Initiative. Follow him @DrAbbasKadhim

https://atlanticcouncil.org/blogs/menasource/the-challenges-iraq-faces-in-after-prime-ministers-resignation/
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation Empty Witness .. The moment the House of Representatives vote to accept the resignation of the government of Mahdi

Post by claud39 Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:53 am

[size=36]Witness .. The moment the House of Representatives vote to accept the resignation of the government of Mahdi[/size]

01/12/2019

IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation 121122019_perlaman-new

https://www.mawazin.net/Details.aspx?jimare=75060
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation Empty Iraqi parliament approves the resignation of Prime Minister Adel Abdul Mahdi

Post by claud39 Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:24 am

Iraqi parliament approves the resignation of Prime Minister Adel Abdul Mahdi

IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation 5de3a3624c59b75203147435

The Iraqi parliament approved on Sunday the resignation of Prime Minister Adel Abdul Mahdi.

The resignation of Abdul Mahdi was accepted "based on Article 75 of the Constitution," while the President of the House of Representatives, Mohammed Halbousi, said that "will be addressed to the President of the Republic to nominate a new prime minister in accordance with Article 76 of the Constitution."

According to Article 76 of the Constitution, the President of the Republic has 15 days to appoint a new candidate from the largest parliamentary bloc for the post of Prime Minister, and the latter is to choose the composition of the government within a maximum period of 30 days to be presented to Parliament.

The Iraqi Council of Representatives held an extraordinary session this afternoon to discuss the resignation of the Prime Minister, in addition to discuss the recent bloody events in the provinces of Dhi Qar, Najaf and some other provinces.

Source: RT

https://arabic.rt.com/middle_east/1064587-%D9%85%D8%AC%D9%84%D8%B3-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%86%D9%88%D8%A7%D8%A8-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B9%D8%B1%D8%A7%D9%82%D9%8A-%D9%8A%D8%A8%D8%AF%D8%A3-%D8%AC%D9%84%D8%B3%D8%A9-%D8%A7%D8%B3%D8%AA%D8%AB%D9%86%D8%A7%D8%A6%D9%8A%D8%A9-%D9%84%D9%85%D9%86%D8%A7%D9%82%D8%B4%D8%A9-%D8%A7%D8%B3%D8%AA%D9%82%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A9-%D8%B1%D8%A6%D9%8A%D8%B3-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AD%D9%83%D9%88%D9%85%D8%A9-%D8%B9%D8%A7%D8%AF%D9%84-%D8%B9%D8%A8%D8%AF-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%85%D9%87%D8%AF%D9%8A/
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation Empty Abadi refuses to run for prime minister of Iraq again

Post by claud39 Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:24 pm

[size=30]Abadi refuses to run for prime minister of Iraq again[/size]

[size=30]2019/12/01
[/size]

[size=30]IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation 588511_e
[/size]

KUWAIT CITY (AFP) - Former Iraqi prime minister Haider al-Abadi refused on Sunday to run for office after Prime Minister Adel Abdul Mahdi resigned.

Abadi said in a tweet on the social networking site (Twitter) today that he will not be a party to choose a candidate for prime minister at this stage, calling for the candidate to be independent and win the confidence of the people.

"He will continue to defend the homeland from the position of national responsibility, not through competition or through the positions he has rejected since last year," he said.

Abadi, who heads the parliamentary bloc of victory, comes hours after Sadr's parliamentary bloc, backed by Moqtada al-Sadr, also renounced what she described as her right to present a new candidate for prime minister as the largest bloc.

The Iraqi parliament approved today the transformation of Abdul Mahdi's government into a caretaker government, where President Barham Saleh is expected to nominate a candidate from the largest parliamentary bloc.

http://alwatan.kuwait.tt/articledetails.aspx?id=605124&yearquarter=20194
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation Empty The President of the Republic announces his resignation before the House of Representatives

Post by claud39 Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:10 am

[size=36]The President of the Republic announces his resignation before the House of Representatives[/size]

26/12/2019

IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation 1226122019_Doc-P-329157-637125395472401048

Baghdad - Mawazine News

, President of the Republic Barham Salih announced on Thursday that he has resigned at the disposal of the House of Representatives.

Saleh said in a statement received / Mawazine News / that "since this conservative position regarding the current candidacy (Al-Aidani’s candidacy for the presidency of the government) may be considered a breach of a constitutional provision, therefore I place my willingness to resign from the post of President of the Republic in front of members of the House of Representatives, to decide in light of their responsibilities as representatives of The people see what they see fit, so we are sure that there is no good in the position or position that is not in the service of the people and a guarantor of their rights. "

He added: "By this I affirm that the political and parliamentary movement must always be expressive of the general popular will, the requirements of social security and peace, and of the merit to provide a rational provision that provides security and rises to the level of people's aspirations and sacrifices, and I quote from the eloquence of Imam Ali bin Abi Talib ( (Peace be upon him) saying, “May God have mercy on a person who has truly revived and died void, refuted injustice and established justice.” Justice is what desires judgment and its purpose, and it is the ultimate goal of constitutions and the site of official and sovereign responsibility. 

Ended on 29 / h

https://www.mawazin.net/Details.aspx?jimare=78999
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation Empty Iraqi President puts his resignation in front of Parliament (document)

Post by claud39 Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:49 am

Iraqi President puts his resignation in front of Parliament (document)

December 26, 2019

Mubasher: Iraqi President Barham Salih announced today, Thursday, his readiness to submit his resignation.

Saleh put his resignation before the House of Representatives, pointing out that the political and parliamentary movement must express the will of the people, citing local Iraqi media.

Iraq is living in difficult political circumstances after the resignation of Prime Minister Adel Abdul-Mahdi, and President Barham Salih has been put in a dilemma to choose a candidate who satisfies the aspirations of the people.

https://www.mubasher.info/news/3577439/%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B1%D8%A6%D9%8A%D8%B3-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B9%D8%B1%D8%A7%D9%82%D9%8A-%D9%8A%D8%B6%D8%B9-%D8%A7%D8%B3%D8%AA%D9%82%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AA%D9%87-%D8%A3%D9%85%D8%A7%D9%85-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A8%D8%B1%D9%84%D9%85%D8%A7%D9%86-%D9%88%D8%AB%D9%8A%D9%82%D8%A9-/
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation Empty The Iraqi president refuses to assign the "Building Alliance" candidate to the prime minister

Post by claud39 Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:51 am

The Iraqi president refuses to assign the "Building Alliance" candidate to the prime minister

December 26, 2019

Direct: The Iraqi President, Barham Salih, refused today, Thursday, to assign the candidate of the "building bloc" - as the largest bloc in parliament - Asaad Al-Eidani to assume the presidency of thé Council of Ministers.

The President of the Republic confirmed, according to a document he sent to parliament published by the official news agency "conscious", that a book from Parliament identifying the largest bloc, the "Building Alliance", had been received, and that Asaad Al-Eidani had been nominated as prime minister after the former candidate of the bloc, Qusay Al-Suhail Al-smart, was holding the position of Minister of Education in the government Resigned.

President Saleh attributed his refusal to assign "Al-Aidani" out of his responsibility towards the people and his national responsibility towards the stability and safety of Iraq, and our right to blood and the protection of civil peace.

Article 67 of the Iraqi constitution obliges the president of the republic to “preserve the independence, sovereignty, unity, and territorial integrity of Iraq,” as well as article 76 that obliges the president to assign the largest number of parliamentary bloc candidates to form a cabinet without the right to object.

President Saleh pointed out, in his statement to Parliament, that this conservative position on the current candidacy (refusing to assign Asaad al-Eidani) may be considered a violation of a constitutional text, on the basis of which he resigned from the position of the President of the Republic in front of the members of the House of Representatives, so that they decide in light of their responsibilities as representatives of the people what They see fit.

The President affirmed that there is no good in a position or position that is not in the service of people and a guarantor of their rights.

Nominations:

https://www.mubasher.info/news/3577458/%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B1%D8%A6%D9%8A%D8%B3-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B9%D8%B1%D8%A7%D9%82%D9%8A-%D9%8A%D8%B1%D9%81%D8%B6-%D8%AA%D9%83%D9%84%D9%8A%D9%81-%D9%85%D8%B1%D8%B4%D8%AD-%D8%AA%D8%AD%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%81-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A8%D9%86%D8%A7%D8%A1-%D9%84%D8%B1%D8%A6%D8%A7%D8%B3%D8%A9-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%88%D8%B2%D8%B1%D8%A7%D8%A1/
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation Empty Legal expert: The resignation of the President of the Republic does not take effect until 7 days after the date of its submission to Parliament

Post by claud39 Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:00 pm

[size=35]Legal expert: The resignation of the President of the Republic does not take effect until 7 days after the date of its submission to Parliament[/size]

2019-12-26

[size=35]IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation Doc-P-329712-637129632203734260
[/size]

The legal expert, Tariq Harb, confirmed today, Thursday, that the resignation of the President of the Republic will not take effect until seven days after the date of its submission to Parliament, hours after the President announced his readiness to submit his resignation.

Harb said in a statement, Alsumaria News received a copy of it, that "the resignation of the President of the Republic will not take effect until seven days after the date of its submission to the House of Representatives."

He added: "After this period elapses without being withdrawn, the Speaker of Parliament will replace him, as the Speaker of Parliament gathers the two presidents because there is no Vice President of the Republic until a new President is elected within a month."

The President of the Republic, announced earlier today, Thursday, his willingness to put his resignation in front of members of the House of Representatives, while he apologized for assigning a candidate for the construction bloc to head the next government, Asaad Al-Eidani.

https://www.alsumaria.tv/news/%D8%B3%D9%8A%D8%A7%D8%B3%D8%A9/329712/%D8%AE%D8%A8%D9%8A%D8%B1-%D9%82%D8%A7%D9%86%D9%88%D9%86%D9%8A-%D8%A7%D8%B3%D8%AA%D9%82%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A9-%D8%B1%D8%A6%D9%8A%D8%B3-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AC%D9%85%D9%87%D9%88%D8%B1%D9%8A%D8%A9-%D9%84%D8%A7-%D8%AA%D9%83%D9%88%D9%86-%D9%86%D8%A7%D9%81%D8%B0%D8%A9-%D8%A5

claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation Empty Parliamentary wisdom announces its refusal to resign Barham Salih

Post by claud39 Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:02 pm

[size=35]Parliamentary wisdom announces its refusal to resign Barham Salih[/size]

2019-12-26 

[size=35]IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation Doc-P-329713-637129641545241617
[/size]

On Thursday, the Parliamentary Bloc announced its rejection in what was mentioned in the book of the President of the Republic, Barham Salih, to the House of Representatives, which included submitting his resignation from his post, stressing the necessity of his staying in the position and ensuring that the constitution is not violated.

"We confirm the great role of the President of the Republic in protecting the constitution and taking care of the blood of Iraqis, and we value his position on choosing a non-controversial candidate for prime minister that is acceptable to the people," said Khaled al-Jashami, a member of the bloc in a press conference held in the House of Representatives attended by Alsumaria News.

Al-Jashmi added, "We can only announce our rejection in what was mentioned in the President's book to the House of Representatives in submitting the resignation and stress the need for him to remain in the position and complete his role in gathering the Iraqis and ensuring that the constitution is not violated."

The President of the Republic, announced earlier today, Thursday, his willingness to put his resignation in front of members of the House of Representatives, while he apologized for assigning a candidate for the construction bloc to head the next government, Asaad Al-Eidani.

https://www.alsumaria.tv/news/%D8%B3%D9%8A%D8%A7%D8%B3%D8%A9/329713/%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AD%D9%83%D9%85%D8%A9-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%86%D9%8A%D8%A7%D8%A8%D9%8A%D8%A9-%D8%AA%D8%B9%D9%84%D9%86-%D8%B1%D9%81%D8%B6%D9%87%D8%A7-%D8%A7%D8%B3%D8%AA%D9%82%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A9-%D8%A8%D8%B1%D9%87%D9%85-%D8%B5%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AD

claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation Empty President ‘would rather resign’ over PM Nominee

Post by claud39 Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:27 am

President ‘would rather resign’ over PM Nominee

27th December 2019

IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation ScreenHunter-5073-623x346

From Al Jazeera. Any opinions expressed are those of the authors, and do not necessarily reflect the views of Iraq Business News.

Iraqi President Barham Salih refused on Thursday to designate a nominee for an Iran-backed parliamentary bloc for prime minister, saying he would rather resign than appoint someone to the position who would be rejected by protesters.

Salih said in a statement that because the constitution did not give him the right to reject nominees for the premiership, he was ready to submit his resignation to the parliament.

Al Jazeera‘s Dorsa Jabbari has more from Baghdad:

https://www.iraq-businessnews.com/2019/12/27/president-would-rather-resign-over-pm-nominee/
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation Empty Mourning: The President’s speech to the Presidency of the House of Representatives is a position statement and not a formal request for resignation, and we call on everyone to prevail over logic, language of reason and wisdom to spare the country more tra

Post by claud39 Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:12 am

[size=32]Mourning: The President’s speech to the Presidency of the House of Representatives is a position statement and not a formal request for resignation, and we call on everyone to prevail over logic, language of reason and wisdom to spare the country more tragedies and problems.[/size]

12/27/2019

IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation Untitled-2-1-800x445

Deputy Speaker of the Iraqi Council of Representatives Dr. Bashir Khalil Al-Haddad called on political leaders and heads of blocs and national parties to cooperate with the President of the Republic to resolve the candidate for the largest bloc of the Prime Minister according to the data of the current stage and the continuation of popular demonstrations in Baghdad and a number of governorates, while his Excellency indicated the need to obtain the candidate satisfaction and acceptance The masses are on the basis of the political agreement, and as required by the supreme national interest of the country, especially as we are going through a detailed stage and a political crisis.

Al-Haddad and in a statement issued by him added: “The speech of the President of the Republic to the Presidency of the House of Representatives is a position statement and not an official request for resignation. It is a real complex crisis in the political scene, so we call on everyone to prevail over logic, language of reason and wisdom to spare the country more tragedies and problems, and in the event that the President of the Republic makes an explicit written request for resignation, then the request will be dealt with according to Article (75) of the Iraqi constitution.

Media office of the Deputy Speaker of the Iraqi Council of Representatives
December 27, 2019

http://ar.parliament.iq/2019/12/27/%d9%84%d8%ad%d8%af%d8%a7%d8%af-%d8%ae%d8%b7%d8%a7%d8%a8-%d8%b1%d8%a6%d9%8a%d8%b3-%d8%a7%d9%84%d8%ac%d9%85%d9%87%d9%88%d8%b1%d9%8a%d8%a9-%d8%a5%d9%84%d9%89-%d8%b1%d8%a6%d8%a7%d8%b3%d8%a9-%d9%85%d8%ac-2/
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation Empty Disclosure of discussions with Sadr to persuade him to remain Abdul-Mahdi and reassign him

Post by claud39 Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:26 pm

Disclosure of discussions with Sadr to persuade him to remain Abdul-Mahdi and reassign him

11/01/2020

IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation %D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B5%D8%AF%D8%B1-1-696x435

Information / Baghdad ..

The Secretary General of the Islamic Union of the Turkmen of Iraq, Jassem Muhammad Jaafar, revealed, on Saturday, the existence of political talks to persuade the leader of the Sadrist movement Muqtada al-Sadr to keep Prime Minister Adel Abdul-Mahdi in the government, building that the head of the Democratic Party, Massoud Barzani, is fighting to keep Abdul-Mahdi .

Jaafar said in a statement to the "information" that "the political talks between the blocs are currently summarized about keeping the head of the caretaker government, Adel Abdul Mahdi, in power until early elections."

He added that "the rest of the blocs are trying to persuade the leader of the Sadrist movement , Muqtada al-Sadr, currently to keep Abdul Mahdi in power, to replace 17 ministers from his current government as well as his pledge to hold elections in the next April or October."

Jaafar said, "The leader of the Kurdistan Democratic Party, Masoud Barzani, is not convinced in the original case of Abdul-Mahdi's resignation, and he is fighting with all his strength to keep Abdul-Mahdi in power until one hour." Ended 25 d

https://www.almaalomah.com/2020/01/11/448904/
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation Empty Deputy: Kurds support giving Mahdi confidence to obtain personal gains

Post by claud39 Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:30 pm

Deputy: Kurds support giving Mahdi confidence to obtain personal gains

11/01/2020

IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation %D8%B9%D8%A8%D8%AF-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%85%D9%87%D8%AF%D9%8A-%D8%A8%D8%B1%D9%84%D9%85%D8%A7%D9%86%D9%86-696x435

Information / private ...

On Saturday, the MP from the Alliance of Riyad Muhammad, affirmed that the support of the Kurdish forces to renew the granting of confidence to the resigned Prime Minister Adel Abdul-Mahdi came to obtain political and personal gains.

Muhammad said in a statement to "Information", that "the Kurdish forces objected to accepting the dismissal of Abdul-Mahdi from the government for fear of losing the positions and gains that it obtained in the current government," noting that "the support for granting confidence to Abdul-Mahdi again came to preserve political and personal gains." Kurdish forces. ”

He added that "the Adel Abdul Mahdi government failed to deal with the American presence and some other issues and there is no justification for granting it confidence again," noting that "the Kurds stipulated that the political blocs be the next government as the government of Abdul Mahdi to achieve its political interests."

And the Kurdistan Islamic Group revealed today, Saturday, the existence of a consensus of the Kurdish political forces to restore confidence to the resigned Prime Minister Adel Abdul-Mahdi , describing Abdul-Mahdi as the most successful Iraqi Prime Minister after 2003.

Ended 25 T
https://www.almaalomah.com/2020/01/11/449029/
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation Empty Jassim Mohammed: The Sadr Veto towards Abdul-Mahdi prevents the granting of confidence again

Post by claud39 Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:37 pm

Jassim Mohammed: The Sadr Veto towards Abdul-Mahdi prevents the granting of confidence again

11/01/2020

IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation %D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B5%D8%AF%D8%B1-%D8%B9%D8%A8%D8%AF-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%85%D9%87%D8%AF%D9%8A--696x435

Information / private ...

On Saturday, former MP Jasim Muhammad Jaafar counted, Al-Sadr's veto precluding parliament’s vote on the resignation of Prime Minister Adel Abdul-Mahdi until early elections were organized, indicating that the blocs were unanimous in his stay, but Sadr’s refusal prevented that.

Jaafar said to the "information", "The political blocs have reached the conviction that it is impossible to reach an agreement on a candidate to form the next government and satisfy the demonstrators and political blocs during the current charged period."

He added that "the move was made to vote to give confidence again to the resigned Prime Minister Adel Abdul-Mahdi and keep him and prepare for early elections," noting that "Veto al-Sadr against Abdul-Mahdi prevents the passage of the decision and its return."

He explained that "the political blocs are not able to resolve a consensus candidate during the current period," noting that "the proposal is being made to keep Abdul Mahdi with the obligation not to run for the upcoming elections with his cabinet cabinet to ensure the conduct of fair and independent elections." Ended 25 and

https://www.almaalomah.com/2020/01/11/449007/
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayzze Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:30 pm

mahdi will want to come back. remember he is not only a schrill for iran  but he Is a proxy for iran. this is the reason no one has been .pm. iran wants there own and the people want an Iraqi that is not with there political party. imho do not be supprised to see an end of the currency auctions before a new pm is picked
Jayzze
Jayzze
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation Empty Iraq: A parliamentary bloc calls for re-assigning Abdul-Mahdi to head the government

Post by claud39 Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:10 pm

Iraq: A parliamentary bloc calls for re-assigning Abdul-Mahdi to head the government

IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation 5e1db9db42360420ee38cc73

The "Atta" bloc in the Iraqi parliament led by the head of the "Popular Mobilization" committee, Faleh Al-Fayyad, called on Tuesday, to reassign Adel Abdul Mahdi to head the country's government.

The representative of the bloc, Haider al-Fawadi, said, "The reference is a safety valve for all Iraqis, and it is capable of lifting Iraq out of the economic crisis the country is going through, and Abdul-Mahdi was able, within a short period, to present real projects at the level of the health, education and electricity sectors."

Al-Fawadi called on the Iraqi political forces to "reassign Abdul-Mahdi and leave him the choice to form an independent ministerial cabinet, away from the political parties."

It is noteworthy that a talk is currently taking place in the Iraqi political circles about the existence of proposals and discussions to reassign the resigned prime minister, Adel Abdul Mahdi, to head a transitional government.

And still, Abdul-Mahdi, since the approval of the Iraqi parliament to resign amidst widespread popular protests against the government, runs the caretaker government, in the absence of a new prime minister to form a government.

Source: RT

https://arabic.rt.com/middle_east/1076364-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B9%D8%B1%D8%A7%D9%82-%D9%83%D8%AA%D9%84%D8%A9-%D8%A8%D8%B1%D9%84%D9%85%D8%A7%D9%86%D9%8A%D8%A9-%D8%AA%D8%AF%D8%B9%D9%88-%D9%84%D8%A5%D8%B9%D8%A7%D8%AF%D8%A9-%D8%AA%D9%83%D9%84%D9%8A%D9%81-%D8%B9%D8%A8%D8%AF-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%85%D9%87%D8%AF%D9%8A-%D8%A8%D8%B1%D8%A6%D8%A7%D8%B3%D8%A9-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AD%D9%83%D9%88%D9%85%D8%A9/
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation Empty Political expert: Abdul-Mahdi lost international acceptability after his failure to manage crises

Post by claud39 Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:15 pm

Political expert: Abdul-Mahdi lost international acceptability after his failure to manage crises

17-01-2020

Baghdad / news

On Friday, political expert Raad Hashem revealed an Iranian-American struggle to determine the fate of resigned Prime Minister Adel Abdul-Mahdi.

Hashem said in a press statement pursued by "Al-Akhbariya", that "there are doubts that Abdel-Mahdi will obtain international acceptability in returning him again, after his failure to perform the crises, his delinquency and his inclination towards the Iranian side."

He added, "Iran will seek to support his return. As for America, he will press towards his expulsion and choose another personality capable of dealing wisely and being able to deal with crucial and important issues."

http://www.ikhnews.com/index.php?page=article&id=207255
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation Empty Strategic expert: Iran's allies cannot reassign Abdel-Mahdi ... It will be a declaration of war against the people

Post by claud39 Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:47 am

Strategic expert: Iran's allies cannot reassign Abdel-Mahdi ... It will be a declaration of war against the people

19-01-2020

Baghdad - news

Today, Sunday, strategic expert and researcher Ahmed Al-Sharifi stressed that Iran’s allies in Iraq could not reassign resigned Prime Minister Adel Abdul Mahdi, noting that his return again represented a declaration of war against the people, reference and international will.

Al-Sharifi told Al-Ikhbaria: "One of the means taken by Iran's allies in maintaining Abdul-Mahdi is the agreement with China and the removal of American forces," noting that "Tehran's allies are taking Abdul-Mahdi as a way to stay in the political center."

He added: "Abdul-Mahdi is the only remaining link for Tehran's allies in keeping in touch with the political process, and if that government, which was described as a government of last chance, collapses, then this means that they will not rule again and open corruption and terrorism files against them." Aiming at preserving Abdul-Mahdi, describing his return to power as "declaring war on Iraqis, reference and international will."

He explained: "There is a rift in the positions within the pro-Iranian blocs, and they are united only in order not to reveal their files," stressing that "what is called the deep state is moving to tamper with state institutions, and changes are made outside the constitutional frameworks by replacing general managers and personalities in state institutions ".

https://www.ikhnews.com/index.php?page=article&id=207416
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation Empty Deputy for Saeroun: The prime minister's crisis must be resolved today or tomorrow

Post by claud39 Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:54 pm

Deputy for Saeroun: The prime minister's crisis must be resolved today or tomorrow

01/19/2020

IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation %D8%B3%D8%A7%D8%A6%D8%B1%D9%88%D9%86-696x435

The information / Baghdad ..
Deputy Governor of the Alliance of Naji Idris Idris confirmed, on Sunday, that the meeting of the President of the Republic, Barham Salih, with the political blocs was not attended by a representative of the other, noting that the general situation is passing through the most dangerous stage and the crisis must be resolved today or tomorrow.

Idris said in a statement to "The Information", "The Alliance of Saireon announced a long time ago that he will not participate in any meeting regarding the selection of a new prime minister, but we will not oppose any choice, provided that it is independent and acceptable from the street and good reference and according to its specifications."

He added that "yesterday's meeting at the President’s house of the political blocs did not attend any representative of the other people," noting that "the information I personally obtained about yesterday's meeting is the failure to reach agreement on a specific personality."

Idris warned the political blocs of "entering into a major impasse because the general situation is going through the most dangerous stage of popular congestion, and the government crisis today or tomorrow must be resolved in the most extreme cases." Ended in / 25 pm

https://www.almaalomah.com/2020/01/19/450488/
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation Empty Parliamentary Bloc: A scheduled meeting of the President of the Republic with Shiite blocs to choose a successor to Abdul-Mahdi

Post by claud39 Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:59 pm

Parliamentary Bloc: A scheduled meeting of the President of the Republic with Shiite blocs to choose a successor to Abdul-Mahdi

01/19/2020

IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation 83cc16875ae4280c4ed1b3b0ac36da63_L

The head of a parliamentary bloc in the Iraqi parliament announced a meeting of the President of the Republic with the Shiite blocs this week, with the aim of choosing a successor to the resigned Iraqi Prime Minister, Ali Abdul-Mahdi.

The head of the Kurdistan Islamic Union bloc in the Iraqi Council of Representatives, Jamal Kujer, told (Basnews), "The Iraqi forces cannot force the demonstrations and protests taking place in Baghdad and some Iraqi cities by force, because of the international community that is closely monitoring the situation."

And Cougar, that "the President of the Republic, Barham Salih, is scheduled to meet with the Shiite blocs this week, to resolve and choose an alternative for the resigned Iraqi Prime Minister, Adel Abdul Mahdi," noting that "the situation in Iraq will not calm down until after the end of the current demonstrations, or by decisively choosing and naming a prime minister" ".

It is noteworthy that the deadline set by the protesters of Iraq to implement their demands began to shrink after several coordination groups of the popular movement had set tomorrow, January 20, a date for the expiry of the deadline given to politicians in the country and officials to implement the demands of the demonstrators, led by Forming a government away from al-Muhasasa, and investigating the killing of demonstrators, especially in the southern governorates, including Dhi Qar.

Activists and observers of the demonstrations express their concern about the government reaction, especially that the political moves to solve the current crisis seem unsatisfactory to the protesters, while they expressed their concern about the possibility of suppressing the demonstrators and resorting to violence, as happened in the past months.

Iraq has witnessed since the first of last October, massive demonstrations were launched in order to implement the demands of living and the fight against corruption and unemployment, but it soon turned into political demands, adhering to the departure of the political class that the protesters accuse of corruption and subordination.

The demonstrations left more than 600 dead and 25 thousand injured.

http://www.basnews.com/index.php/ar/news/iraq/575473
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation Empty Observers for (time): a political rapprochement that could quickly resolve the government candidate

Post by claud39 Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:06 pm

[size=32][rtl]Observers for (time): a political rapprochement that could quickly resolve the government candidate[/rtl][/size]

January 26, 2020

IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation Doc-P-332648-637156343702375105

[rtl]Allawi sees any proposal that turns away from the will of the uprisings, causing a new crisis[/rtl]
[rtl]Observers for (time): a political rapprochement that could quickly resolve the government candidate[/rtl]
[rtl]Baghdad - Time[/rtl]

[rtl]Observers revealed the movement of political blocs after the return of the President of the Republic, Barham Salih, to Baghdad to approve the views on resolving the file of the next prime minister, noting that the coming hours will witness a consensus on the alternative of the resigned, Adel Abdul Mahdi, in response to the desire of the demonstrators. Observers told (Al-Zaman) yesterday that (a lot of names were put forward to occupy the position of head of the new government, but the matter remained stuck due to the lack of consensus between the political blocs and the aggravation of the crisis between Washington and Tehran in Iraq after the assassination of the commander of the Quds Force with the Revolutionary Guards Qassem Soleimani, accompanied by the deputy head of the Popular Mobilization Authority Abu Mahdi Al-Muhandis), and meanwhile, four rockets landed in the vicinity of the Green Zone without receiving information about the targeting of the American embassy.[/rtl]

[rtl]Observers added that (the American administration gave the green light to officials in Iraq to choose the appropriate candidate after presenting the existing names, as new rounds began for the blocs to search for a consensus that leads to resolving the file and ending the crisis the country is witnessing, provided that the next prime minister is satisfied with him by all parties In order for him to lead the reins until the next elections), indicating that (the candidate’s decision may end in the coming hours after the agreement of all parties). The President of the Republic, Barham Salih and Chairman of the Al-Hikma Movement, Ammar Al-Hakim, stressed the speedy formation of the new government. A statement received (Al-Zaman) yesterday said that (Saleh and Al-Hakim discussed the latest security and political developments in the country, and an emphasis on expediting the formation of the new government in a way that contributes to achieving the hopes of the people and meets its legitimate demands in achieving the desired reforms). Sovereignty of Iraq and the protection of its stability and security by all parties, and distancing it from regional and international conflicts). While the leader of the National Coalition, Iyad Allawi, believed that the next prime minister should be accepted by the people, otherwise he would be met with political and popular rejection. [/rtl]

[rtl]Allawi said in a tweet on Twitter that (the candidate who comes with an external decision or influence or others and separate from the will of the uprising people will be rejected politically and popularly before he is proposed), adding that he (will cause a new crisis and complicate the scene more), indicating that (this popular movement that fills around The country is a pure Iraqi movement, which categorically rejects any guardianship or external influence, which is what we are keen on, and we always call for). Al-Khalidi said in a statement yesterday that (Iraq as a whole, politically, socially, and economically, has become at the crossroads and development of events, making us obligated to swift measures that contain the crisis in the optimal way), and he continued that (the President of the Republic, as the protector of the constitution, is required to end the debate and contain the crisis and go immediately to assign a non-controversial and consensual candidate to recover The political process from its dangerous situation), and Khalidi explained that (the reference has repeated its position regarding the necessity of resolving the candidate for prime minister as soon as possible, as the street and the mass demonstrations have taken on an escalating nature and the gap has increased between the citizen and politicians after the level of feeling of procrastination has increased.[/rtl]
[rtl] Procrastination in fulfilling the demands), usually that (proposing any controversial or weak candidate or supported by foreign or partisan agendas, a bullet of mercy should be fired at the entire political process and therefore, logic and wisdom require that the President of the Republic be assigned to whomever the powers and national figures have gone with signatures that exceed Sixty signatures, in line with the demands of the masses and the attributes They set for the candidate). But former Deputy Prime Minister Bahaa Al-Araji revealed the nomination of a (weak) personality to head the next government by a (effective) political alliance for the purpose of maintaining the current government. Al-Araji said in a tweet to him on Twitter that "an effective political alliance is working to nominate a weak personality that does not enjoy Acceptably so that his government is not given confidence in the parliament, and he added that (this will lead to maintaining the current government under the pretext of implementing the constitution and the principle of democracy).[/rtl]

[rtl]https://www.azzaman.com/%d9%85%d8%b1%d8%a7%d9%82%d8%a8%d9%88%d9%86-%d9%84%d9%80-%d8%a7%d9%84%d8%b2%d9%85%d8%a7%d9%86-%d8%aa%d9%82%d8%a7%d8%b1%d8%a8-%d8%b3%d9%8a%d8%a7%d8%b3%d9%8a-%d9%82%d8%af-%d9%8a%d8%ad%d8%b3%d9%85/
[/rtl]
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation Empty Source: It was agreed to assign Ali Shukry as prime minister, and the announcement will be made officially within hours

Post by claud39 Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:50 pm

Source: It was agreed to assign Ali Shukry as prime minister, and the announcement will be made officially within hours

28-01-2020

Baghdad / Al-Akhbariya:

Well-informed Iraqi political sources revealed, on Tuesday, the existence of a final agreement to assign the former Sadrist leader Ali Shukri to the prime minister, noting that the next hours may witness Shukri's assignment.

The sources said to "Al-Ikhbaria" that "the political blocs agreed to assign Ali Shukri, the former Minister of Planning who is close to the Sadrist movement, to head the next government."

He added, "The assignment of my thanks may happen this evening or tomorrow morning formally by the presidency of the Republic."

https://www.ikhnews.com/index.php?page=article&id=208056
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation Empty A source close to the President of the Republic denies agreeing to a candidate for prime minister

Post by claud39 Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:45 pm

[size=35]A source close to the President of the Republic denies agreeing to a candidate for prime minister[/size]

2020-01-28

IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation Doc-P-332867-637158333086213845

A source close to the President of the Republic denied, on Tuesday, agreeing to a candidate for prime minister.

The source told Alsumaria News, "The news that talked about agreeing on the candidate for prime minister is incorrect."

Some media and social media had talked about agreeing on a specific candidate for prime minister and putting it before the President of the Republic to assign him.

https://www.alsumaria.tv/news/%D8%B3%D9%8A%D8%A7%D8%B3%D8%A9/332867/%D9%85%D8%B5%D8%AF%D8%B1-%D9%85%D9%82%D8%B1%D8%A8-%D9%85%D9%86-%D8%B1%D8%A6%D9%8A%D8%B3-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AC%D9%85%D9%87%D9%88%D8%B1%D9%8A%D8%A9-%D9%8A%D9%86%D9%81%D9%8A-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A7%D8%AA%D9%81%D8%A7%D9%82-%D8%B9%D9%84%D9%89-%D9%85%D8%B1%D8%B4%D8%AD
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation Empty PRESIDENT SALIH SETS FEB 1 DEADLINE FOR PARTIES TO SELECT ACCEPTABLE PM CANDIDATE

Post by claud39 Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:56 pm

[size=30]PRESIDENT SALIH SETS FEB 1 DEADLINE FOR PARTIES TO SELECT ACCEPTABLE PM CANDIDATE[/size]

4 Hours ago

IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation 291202015504591020192211431792019155250179201914559Barham-Salih

SULAIMANI — Iraqi President Barham Salih has set a deadline of February 1 for the parties to select an acceptable prime ministerial candidate after two months of deadlock, according to a letter revealed on Wednesday (January 29).

If the parties are unable to agree by then, Salih threatened to make the selection of a candidate himself.

Such a move would doubtlessly raise constitutional objections. The largest bloc in the Council of Representatives is responsible for nominating the prime minister, who is then formally appointed by the president, whose role has historically been ceremonial.

On November 30, Adil Abdul Mahdi sent a letter to the Council of Representatives signaling his intention to step down under pressure from massive street protests in Baghdad and the southern provinces. Since then he has remained in power in a caretaker role.

Numerous names have been offered up to replace Abdul Mahdi, but vetoed in turn either by the president, the parties, or the street. Most dramatically, Salih threatened to resign if the parties insisted on nominating a governor of Basra who had been roundly rejected by protesters.

Iraq faces a dangerous political juncture,” Salih said in the letter, which was sent to the heads of the political parties, arguing that lawmakers had a responsibility to fulfil the “legitimate demands of the people” to form a new government that would pave the way to new elections.

“Events are accelerating and the scene is getting more complicated on the official and popular levels,” Salih said, noting that the death toll from the protests continued to climb.

More than 500 people have been killed and 17,000 wounded since October 1, when mostly poor youth began turning out to protest corruption and call for root-and-branch changes to governance in Iraq.

“I call on you, as parliamentary blocs concerned with the nomination of the Prime Minister, to resume constructive and serious political dialogue in order to agree on a new candidate for the presidency of the Council of Ministers who has popular approval and to submit it to the Presidency of the Republic,” Salih wrote.

(NRT Digital Media)

http://www.nrttv.com/En/News.aspx?id=19349&MapID=2
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation Empty Al-Haddad: The parties to the political process must expedite the resolution of a candidate for prime minister, because the situation has become very disturbing in light of the continuing demonstrations and the daily casualties

Post by claud39 Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:04 am

[size=32]Al-Haddad: The parties to the political process must expedite the resolution of a candidate for prime minister, because the situation has become very disturbing in light of the continuing demonstrations and the daily casualties[/size]

01/30/2020

IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation B_h_29_1_2020-800x445

Deputy Speaker of Parliament Dr. Bashir Khalil Al-Haddad called on heads of blocs, party leaders and partners in the political process to end the file of forming the new government because Iraq is going through a sensitive and complex stage, stressing its sovereignty on the importance of everyone's awareness of the seriousness of the situation and the exacerbation of security and economic problems and the paralyzing of life in many regions of the country And the lack of control of the current government over the general conditions, which caused great concern among the general public.

In his statement, Al-Haddad added: “The parties to the political process must expedite the resolution of a candidate for prime minister because the situation has become very disturbing in light of the continuing demonstrations, the daily casualties and the continuing tension, so the government must assume its responsibilities to protect peaceful demonstrators, respond to their legitimate demands and maintain security, The House of Representatives is fully prepared to provide support and assistance to find quick and practical solutions, and the House will at any time hold its extraordinary session to give confidence to the new government in the event of agreement on a candidate for prime minister and ministerial portfolios, and the nominated candidate should have By popular acceptability, and agreed upon by all parties.

Media office of the Vice-President of the Iraqi Council of Representatives
Thursday 30 January 2020

http://ar.parliament.iq/2020/01/30/%d8%a7%d9%84%d8%ad%d8%af%d8%a7%d8%af-%d8%b9%d9%84%d9%89-%d8%a3%d8%b7%d8%b1%d8%a7%d9%81-%d8%a7%d9%84%d8%b9%d9%85%d9%84%d9%8a%d8%a9-%d8%a7%d9%84%d8%b3%d9%8a%d8%a7%d8%b3%d9%8a%d8%a9-%d8%a7%d9%84%d8%a5/
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation Empty Political analyst: Allawi lost his chances after the veto of al-Maliki .. Al-Kazemi is the lifeline of the blocs and Saleh

Post by claud39 Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:52 pm

Political analyst: Allawi lost his chances after the veto of al-Maliki .. Al-Kazemi is the lifeline of the blocs and Saleh

31-01-2020

Baghdad / news

Political analyst Ahmed al-Ubaidi sees today, Friday, that the candidate for prime minister, Muhammad Tawfiq Allawi, only has his chances for the post after "Veto" leader of the State of Law coalition Nuri al-Maliki, indicating that the other candidate, Mustafa al-Kazemi, will be a lifeline to the political bloc and President Barham Saleh.

Al-Obaidi said in a press statement, "Allawi is close to losing his chances of the position completely, after Al-Maliki's veto, and the fear of not implementing the agreements concluded with him, as well as the rejection of the popular forces to him, which reduced his chances, but as is well known, politics in Iraq depends The last minute option, and everything is possible within the next few hours. "

Al-Ubaidi added, "Al-Kazemi may represent the lifeline of the political blocs and the President of the Republic, as everyone is embarrassed at the present time, with public pressure due to the vacancy of the position and the end of the constitutional deadlines for that."

https://www.ikhnews.com/index.php?page=article&id=208219
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation Empty Al-Fateh: Allawi will be named to head the government in the coming hours

Post by claud39 Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:53 pm

Al-Fateh: Allawi will be named to head the government in the coming hours

31-01-2020 

Baghdad / Al-Ikhbaria:

A member of the Al-Fateh Alliance, Naseem Abdullah, revealed on Friday that there is almost unanimous agreement that Muhammad Allawi will assume the presidency of the interim government, stating that the coming hours will witness Allawi's mandate to head the government.

Abdullah said in a televised statement, followed by "Al-Akhbaria", that "according to the available data we have, Muhammad Allawi is the closest to the presidency of the next government, as there is almost consensus on his choice."
He added, "Allawi will be presented today or tomorrow, officially, to the prime minister."

https://www.ikhnews.com/index.php?page=article&id=208223
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation Empty Iraqis reject the nomination of "Allawi Tehran"

Post by claud39 Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:28 pm

Iraqis reject the nomination of "Allawi Tehran"

31/01/2020

IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation 758022

The demonstrations were renewed in Iraq on Thursday, rejecting the reports that indicated earlier that there was consensus on the name of Muhammad Allawi - the candidate of “Other” and “Al-Fath” - to head the government, two months after the resignation of Adel Abdul-Mahdi.

»Tails of Iran

The city of Karbala (the Middle Euphrates) witnessed the exit of a number of demonstrators, who chanted against Hadi al-Amiri (head of the Fatah Alliance in the Iraqi Parliament) and the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, describing the two men as“ Iran’s tails ”

To that, the demonstrators demanded the United Nations to intervene To protect them from violence against them.

In turn, protesters in Diwaniyah raised banners at the Square Thursday, calling for the United Nations and the European Union to intervene to save Iraq.

»Baghdad uprising

simultaneously Baghdad witnessed a renewal of clashes between demonstrators and security forces in the areas of Al-Khulani and Al-Wathba.

And the Baghdad Operations Command announced that an officer and an associate were wounded in an attack bomb in the Al-Khulani intersection in the center of the capital.

A statement issued by the leadership stated that "a number of demonstrators are still present in the Khilani Square and the surrounding areas, in case of direct contact with the security forces with the use of violence."

The Iraqi security forces shot the live demonstrators directly and deliberately, and a protester was wounded by a smoke grenade at close range.

»International condemnation

Delegates from 16 countries in Iraq, including France, Britain and the United States, have condemned the use of excessive force by security forces and armed groups, and called for a credible investigation into the deaths of hundreds since October.

The delegates said in a joint statement: "Despite the government's assurances, the security forces and armed groups continue to use live ammunition in these places (Baghdad, Nasiriyah and Basra), which leads to several deaths and civilian casualties, while some protesters face intimidation and kidnapping."

The delegates called on Iraq to respect freedom of assembly and the right to peaceful protest, and they called on the Baghdad government to "ensure credible investigations and accountability for the deaths of more than 500 and thousands of injured protesters since October 1".

https://www.alyaum.com/articles/6236182/%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%82%D8%A7%D8%B1%D8%A7%D8%AA-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B3%D8%A8%D8%B9/%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B9%D8%B1%D8%A7%D9%82%D9%8A%D9%88%D9%86-%D9%8A%D8%B1%D9%81%D8%B6%D9%88%D9%86-%D8%AA%D8%B1%D8%B4%D9%8A%D8%AD-%D8%B9%D9%84%D8%A7%D9%88%D9%8A-%D8%B7%D9%87%D8%B1%D8%A7%D9%86
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation Empty Iran's veto and Nuri al-Maliki overthrow the nomination of Muhammad Allawi as prime minister of Iraq

Post by claud39 Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:31 pm

[size=32]Iran's veto and Nuri al-Maliki overthrow the nomination of Muhammad Allawi as prime minister of Iraq[/size]

18 Hours Ago

IRAQ - Abdul-Mahdi: I will lift the parliament request for my resignation %D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B9%D8%B1%D8%A7%D9%82-19-300x200

BAGHDAD - Nuri al-Maliki, leader of the State of Law coalition, thwarted an imminent plan to assign former minister Muhammad Allawi to form the new Iraqi government, causing the elimination of complex political understandings, reached after marathon negotiations that took a number of weeks, and entered into the line of these understandings Hezbollah The Lebanese, whose leaks revolve around his assumption of the task of managing the Iraqi file after the killing of the former commander of the Quds Force, Qassem Soleimani.

At dawn on Thursday, the crisis of choosing a successor to resigned Iraqi Prime Minister Adel Abdul-Mahdi appeared to be on the way to a solution, when it was leaked to the media that the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, had abandoned his supportive position to nominate the head of the intelligence service, Mustafa al-Kazemi, in favor of Allawi's support, after Lebanese mediation.

Informed sources in Baghdad said that the official of the Iraqi file in the Lebanese Hezbollah, Muhammad Kawtharani, convinced Al-Sadr that Allawi is the suitable candidate to lead the Iraqi government in the next transitional phase, which is supposed to witness the dissolution of Parliament and the call for early elections.

When Kawtharani intervened, Al-Kazemi’s shares were very high to obtain the mandate to form the new government, due to his support by Sadr, the leader of the Al-Hikma Movement, Ammar al-Hakim, the leader of the victory coalition, Haider al-Abadi, most of the Sunni parties, and all Kurdish parties. But he faced a strong Iranian opposition.

The sources say that Kawtharani had wagered on deciphering the Sunni-Shiite Kurdish understanding of Al-Kazimi's candidacy by removing Sadr from him, which was what happened, as once the Sadr position was changed, Al-Kazemi came out of the competition entirely, and it was agreed to support Allawi.

The sources add that Hadi al-Amiri, leader of the Al-Fateh coalition, which is close to Iran, contacted Iraqi political leaders to inform them of the agreement that had occurred with Sadr about choosing Allawi, but he was surprised by a large objection by Maliki.

The sources indicate that Al-Maliki was angered by this agreement, because he directly touches him, as Allawi is one of his fiercest former opponents.

Allawi served as Minister of Communications in the two governments that Maliki formed between 2006 and 2014, but he did not complete his mandate in either of them, as he resigned in the first and was prosecuted in the second.

And the differences between Allawi and Al-Maliki in the two governments have always been related to the philosophy of state administration and how to confront endemic corruption in its institutions.

In al-Maliki’s second government, the prime minister moved the judiciary against his minister, accusing him of causing the waste of public money, after he participated in meetings hosted by Erbil to withdraw confidence from the government.

The sources say that the Iranians' lack of enthusiasm for Allawi's candidacy is due to his strained relationship with Maliki, who is seen as Tehran's trusted ally and faithful man in Iraq.

Opinions

The sources do not exclude that the dispute will be settled, in the event of Kawtharani insists on that, in light of the large roles he played recently.

Observers in Baghdad say that the Iraqi file has returned to the authority of the Lebanese Hezbollah after the killing of the leader of the Quds Force in the Iranian Revolutionary Guards, Qassem Soleimani, in an American raid near Baghdad airport early this year.

This is not the first time that the Lebanese have supervised the Iraqi file, as their connection to it dates back to the period between 2006 and 2008, when it was under the direct management of Imad Mughniyeh.

Mughniyah is a prominent leader of the Lebanese Hezbollah guerrillas who was killed in Damascus by a car bomb in 2008, which Israel accused of masterminding.

Since 2008, the Iraqi file has been under the authority of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard, before returning to the Lebanese with the killing of Soleimani.

And Iraqi President Barham Salih warned on Wednesday evening that he would choose an interim prime minister if the political parties could not choose an alternative to Adel Abdul Mahdi by Saturday.

Abdul-Mahdi resigned from his post in November under pressure from popular protests, but he continued to perform his duties temporarily.

Iraq has been witnessing massive protests since the first of last October and the protesters, most of whom are young men, are calling for a reform of a system that they consider to be largely corrupt because it has made most of the Iraqis suffer from poverty.

"If the concerned blocs are not able to resolve the nomination order by no later than next Saturday, I see an obligation on me to exercise my constitutional powers by assigning him to whom I find most acceptable, representative and popular, and in the framework of the outcomes of the consultations that I conducted during the last period with political forces and popular activities," he said.

Saleh called on the competing political factions to resume talks and agree on a candidate. He said, "I call on the parliamentary blocs concerned with the nomination of the Prime Minister to resume constructive and serious political dialogue in order to agree on a new candidate for the presidency of the Council of Ministers that enjoys popular approval and submit it to the Presidency of the Republic in order to issue an order of assignment."

The deadline set by the Iraqi president is the latest sign that the Shiite political parties that dominate the Iraqi parliament have failed so far to overcome their differences and choose a new prime minister acceptable to the protesters.

The Arabs

http://rawabetcenter.com/archives/103848
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum