Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Vietnam dong weakens slightly against dollar I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Vietnam dong weakens slightly against dollar I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
Vietnam dong weakens slightly against dollar I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Vietnam dong weakens slightly against dollar I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Vietnam dong weakens slightly against dollar I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Vietnam dong weakens slightly against dollar I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Vietnam dong weakens slightly against dollar I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Vietnam dong weakens slightly against dollar I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Vietnam dong weakens slightly against dollar I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Vietnam dong weakens slightly against dollar I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Vietnam dong weakens slightly against dollar I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Vietnam dong weakens slightly against dollar I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Vietnam dong weakens slightly against dollar I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Vietnam dong weakens slightly against dollar I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Vietnam dong weakens slightly against dollar I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Vietnam dong weakens slightly against dollar I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Vietnam dong weakens slightly against dollar I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Vietnam dong weakens slightly against dollar I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
Vietnam dong weakens slightly against dollar I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
Vietnam dong weakens slightly against dollar I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

Vietnam dong weakens slightly against dollar

Go down

Vietnam dong weakens slightly against dollar Empty Vietnam dong weakens slightly against dollar

Post by lexie Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:04 pm

October 12, 2011

Vietnam dong weakens slightly against dollar

The State Bank of Viet Nam yesterday announced an increase in the interbank exchange rate to VND20,668 per dollar, VND15 higher than that of Monday and the fourth increase since last Wednesday.

Driven by the State Bank move, commercial bank forex rates soared accordingly, Vietcombank posting a VND20,875 – VND20,870 per dollar sell/buy, an increase of VND15 and VND14 per dollar.

Several other banks including, Asia Commercial Bank and Eximbank, also increased their forex rates to selling prices of VND20,875 per dollar and buying prices of VND20,853 – VND20,855.

On the black market however, greenbacks settled on VND21,250 – VND21,280 (buying/selling) yesterday, a decrease of VND100 per dollar.

On the domestic market, the price of gold increased significantly due to increased world prices and the hike of forex rates announced by the SBV.

At 12pm yesterday, gold shop Phu Quy on Tran Nhan Tong Street, Ha Noi, posted buy/sell prices of SJC gold at VND43.8 million (US$2,105.77) – VND44.03 million ($2,116.83) per tael (one tael being equivalent to 1.2 ounces), VND500,000 higher than on Monday.

At the same time, the spot world price on the London Bullion Market was $1,679 per ounce.

Last Wednesday, the central bank said it would continue selling US dollars to cool down the domestic foreign exchange market, ensuring that the value of the domestic currency would not fall by more than 1 per cent against the dollar between now and the end of the year.

If the Vietnamese dong was to devalue by 1 per cent, the forex rate would be VND20,834 per dollar. Thus far, the adjustment had reached 0.2 per cent, experts said.

Vo Tri Thanh, deputy director of the Central Institute for Economic Management, said that higher exchange rate pressure would overshadow the rest of the year.

Senior economist Tran Hoang Ngan said that, as the adjustment still fell below 1 per cent as set by the central bank, there was no need to be worried.

He added that the inter-bank rate increase was a way of managing exchange rates flexibly to create market stability, saying there was no reason for devaluating the domestic currency as inflation had been under control and demand and supply for foreign currencies were stable.

On Monday, the central bank allowed two more banks to sell gold, alongside Sai Gon Jewellery Ltd Company (SJC) and five other banks including DongA Bank, ACB, Techcombank, Eximbank and Sacombank, to stabilise the chaotic domestic market for gold. These banks are set to also re-open their foreign gold trading accounts.

http://www.vietfinancenews.com/2011/10/vietnam-dong-weakens-slightly-against.html#more

"WHEN THE POWER OF LOVE OVERCOMES THE LOVE OF POWER, THE WORLD WILL KNOW PEACE"
lexie
lexie
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum