Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
World Bank calls on Iraq to remove restrictions on Internet operators I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
World Bank calls on Iraq to remove restrictions on Internet operators I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
World Bank calls on Iraq to remove restrictions on Internet operators I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
World Bank calls on Iraq to remove restrictions on Internet operators I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
World Bank calls on Iraq to remove restrictions on Internet operators I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
World Bank calls on Iraq to remove restrictions on Internet operators I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
World Bank calls on Iraq to remove restrictions on Internet operators I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
World Bank calls on Iraq to remove restrictions on Internet operators I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
World Bank calls on Iraq to remove restrictions on Internet operators I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
World Bank calls on Iraq to remove restrictions on Internet operators I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
World Bank calls on Iraq to remove restrictions on Internet operators I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
World Bank calls on Iraq to remove restrictions on Internet operators I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
World Bank calls on Iraq to remove restrictions on Internet operators I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
World Bank calls on Iraq to remove restrictions on Internet operators I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
World Bank calls on Iraq to remove restrictions on Internet operators I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
World Bank calls on Iraq to remove restrictions on Internet operators I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
World Bank calls on Iraq to remove restrictions on Internet operators I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
World Bank calls on Iraq to remove restrictions on Internet operators I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
World Bank calls on Iraq to remove restrictions on Internet operators I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
World Bank calls on Iraq to remove restrictions on Internet operators I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

World Bank calls on Iraq to remove restrictions on Internet operators

Go down

World Bank calls on Iraq to remove restrictions on Internet operators Empty World Bank calls on Iraq to remove restrictions on Internet operators

Post by RamblerNash Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:33 am

World Bank calls on Iraq to remove restrictions on Internet operators

World Bank calls on Iraq to remove restrictions on Internet operators 0214771a-cb4a-4c67-a25f-e65844797b0d_w650_r0_s

2019/06/26 21:32:29

The Middle East countries have an opportunity to build a digital economy that transforms them into a commercial service center and advanced connectivity and communication activities, according to a World Bank report.

"The region needs to invest $ 4 to $ 5.2 billion to enable 30 percent of the population to have high-speed broadband access through fiber-optic technology," the bank said in a report entitled "Mashreq 2.0: Digital Transformation for Total Growth and Job Creation."

The report pointed out that the delivery of Internet to more than 13 million families in Lebanon, Jordan, Syria and Iraq needs to integrate the broadband networks in the region, including the basic networks, land and sea.

The report notes that Jordan and Lebanon are pioneering examples of the use of fixed and mobile broadband services in the region, while Syria is experiencing challenges as networks are affected by existing conflicts.

He added that Syria and Iraq need to remove barriers to operators in the market and stimulate the markets of telecommunications and broadband Internet, and despite the existence of a broad infrastructure of regional networks and basic, but not exploited optimally because of war and instability, as well as the dominance of state-owned enterprises.

The report said that the Internet exchange points and data centers are less developed in the region. There is only one data exchange center in Beirut, while there is no center in Iraq, Syria or Jordan.

In Iraq, the report called for the removal of restrictions on private operators to build, own and operate fiber-optic infrastructure, to allow companies to reach the end-user, and to introduce telecommunications legislation that promotes competition and private sector participation, International broadband services market.

The report recommended that the Lebanese authorities need to develop a unified vision for the ICT sector, improve financial transparency of the sector, introduce competition through a common legal framework, study the structure of the broadband sector and grant licenses for the fifth generation.

The World Bank called on Jordan to prepare a draft study on the fifth generation networks and grant frequencies to operators, apply the next generation of public-private partnership, strengthen the regulatory framework and review fees and taxes to stimulate investment and ensure appropriate regulatory control.

The infrastructure of broadband telecommunications services is helping to boost economic growth. Increasing the penetration rate of broadband services by 10 percent leads to an additional 1.4 percent increase in GDP.

LINK

World Bank calls on Iraq to remove restrictions on Internet operators 258310255 
>>>TNTBS's YouTube Channel<<<
RamblerNash
RamblerNash
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum