Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
FAO supports EU agricultural recovery in northern Iraq I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
FAO supports EU agricultural recovery in northern Iraq I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
FAO supports EU agricultural recovery in northern Iraq I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
FAO supports EU agricultural recovery in northern Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
FAO supports EU agricultural recovery in northern Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
FAO supports EU agricultural recovery in northern Iraq I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
FAO supports EU agricultural recovery in northern Iraq I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
FAO supports EU agricultural recovery in northern Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
FAO supports EU agricultural recovery in northern Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
FAO supports EU agricultural recovery in northern Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
FAO supports EU agricultural recovery in northern Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
FAO supports EU agricultural recovery in northern Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
FAO supports EU agricultural recovery in northern Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
FAO supports EU agricultural recovery in northern Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
FAO supports EU agricultural recovery in northern Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
FAO supports EU agricultural recovery in northern Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
FAO supports EU agricultural recovery in northern Iraq I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
FAO supports EU agricultural recovery in northern Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
FAO supports EU agricultural recovery in northern Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
FAO supports EU agricultural recovery in northern Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

FAO supports EU agricultural recovery in northern Iraq

Go down

FAO supports EU agricultural recovery in northern Iraq Empty FAO supports EU agricultural recovery in northern Iraq

Post by claud39 Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:12 am

FAO supports EU agricultural recovery in northern Iraq

06/19/2019

FAO supports EU agricultural recovery in northern Iraq 15794

Economy News Baghdad

The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) said that 10 thousand farming families in Nineveh province will benefit from the financial contribution received by the organization from the European Union.

The grant is € 15 million and aims to restore agricultural livelihoods.
Ninewa was known as the "bread basket" in the country before the conflict caused extensive damage and displacement.

The project is expected to directly benefit some 10,000 poor farming households (about 60,000 people), as well as benefits from local service providers and workers.

"As part of the European Union's commitment to Iraq as a whole, the support of the regions devastated by the recent war is a high priority," said the European Union's ambassador to Iraq, Ramón Blakwa, referring to the revival of agriculture in Nineveh, In the economy, this new project will help communities and returnees in rural areas increase their income and employment opportunities. "

"We are grateful to the European Union for this generous contribution that will help us in rehabilitating major agricultural facilities and equipment, and the operation of these services again will be of great help to farmers and the local business sector," said FAO Representative Mustafa Sainsour.

"Creating jobs in this region, which is the heart of agriculture and depends a lot of jobs on the rich soil of Nineveh province, is vital to the stability of society."

The impact of the conflict on the agricultural sector has been devastating, damaging water systems, irrigation facilities and other agricultural infrastructure, disrupting value chains, causing loss of personal property, crop and livestock production and food supplies.

Since the Iraqi government announced the defeat a year ago, many people have returned to the region, encouraged by efforts to ensure a safe and secure environment. However, some areas still lack basic services and employment opportunities for both returnees and those who have remained.

http://economy-news.net/content.php?id=16985
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum