Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Washington extends Iraq's exemption to import electricity and gas from Iran for three more months I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Washington extends Iraq's exemption to import electricity and gas from Iran for three more months I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
Washington extends Iraq's exemption to import electricity and gas from Iran for three more months I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Washington extends Iraq's exemption to import electricity and gas from Iran for three more months I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Washington extends Iraq's exemption to import electricity and gas from Iran for three more months I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Washington extends Iraq's exemption to import electricity and gas from Iran for three more months I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Washington extends Iraq's exemption to import electricity and gas from Iran for three more months I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Washington extends Iraq's exemption to import electricity and gas from Iran for three more months I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Washington extends Iraq's exemption to import electricity and gas from Iran for three more months I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Washington extends Iraq's exemption to import electricity and gas from Iran for three more months I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Washington extends Iraq's exemption to import electricity and gas from Iran for three more months I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Washington extends Iraq's exemption to import electricity and gas from Iran for three more months I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Washington extends Iraq's exemption to import electricity and gas from Iran for three more months I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Washington extends Iraq's exemption to import electricity and gas from Iran for three more months I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Washington extends Iraq's exemption to import electricity and gas from Iran for three more months I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Washington extends Iraq's exemption to import electricity and gas from Iran for three more months I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Washington extends Iraq's exemption to import electricity and gas from Iran for three more months I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Washington extends Iraq's exemption to import electricity and gas from Iran for three more months I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
Washington extends Iraq's exemption to import electricity and gas from Iran for three more months I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
Washington extends Iraq's exemption to import electricity and gas from Iran for three more months I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

Washington extends Iraq's exemption to import electricity and gas from Iran for three more months

Go down

Washington extends Iraq's exemption to import electricity and gas from Iran for three more months Empty Washington extends Iraq's exemption to import electricity and gas from Iran for three more months

Post by claud39 Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:57 am

Washington extends Iraq's exemption to import electricity and gas from Iran for three more months

15/06/2019

Washington extends Iraq's exemption to import electricity and gas from Iran for three more months 15704

Economy News Baghdad:

The United States renewed for the third time the extension of Iraq's 90-day exemption from sanctions imposed on Iran to allow it to import electricity and gas, which rely heavily on them, especially in the hot summer in the country.

A senior Iraqi government official close to the negotiations told Agence France-Presse that Iraq included a new extension of 90 days to import Iranian energy after long negotiations with the United States until the last days before the expiration of the grace period.

This comes after the escalation of the crisis between Washington and Tehran in the Gulf, both of which have strong relations with Baghdad.

Exemption is vital for Iraq, which is located in a hot thermal zone, where temperatures this year exceed seasonal levels, increasing electricity consumption and fearing renewed protests against the lack of public services starting early in the summer.

Washington has re-imposed sanctions on Iran's energy sector in November after it pulled out of a nuclear deal signed between the superpowers and Tehran in 2018.

A power shortage that often leaves homes without electricity for up to 20 hours a day is a key factor behind weeks of major protests in Iraq during the summer.

To overcome this shortfall, Iraq imports up to 28 million cubic meters of natural gas from Tehran to its factories and directly buys 1,300 megawatts of Iranian electricity.

This dependence is uncomfortable for the United States, which sought to curtail Tehran's influence and re-impose sanctions on Iranian financial institutions, shipping lines, the energy sector and oil products.

http://economy-news.net/content.php?id=16932
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum