Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» I am too pretty for math, but....
The Great Rate Debate I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2024 6:56 pm by Mission1st

» Interesting article
The Great Rate Debate I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2024 6:34 pm by Mission1st

» Phony Tony: New Platform, same old song and dance
The Great Rate Debate I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2024 6:32 pm by Mission1st

» The Craziness of Scam by "Tony TNT Renfrow" and the Iraqi Dinar Currency Scam
The Great Rate Debate I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2024 12:26 pm by Mission1st

» Even conspiratorial currency speculators aren’t buying a Russian ruble revalue - It’s not the next the Iraqi dinar
The Great Rate Debate I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2024 1:04 pm by RamblerNash

» Go Russia
The Great Rate Debate I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2024 5:20 am by Dorotnas

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
The Great Rate Debate I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2024 5:02 pm by Dorotnas

» Carnival Rides
The Great Rate Debate I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 5:03 pm by kenlej

» Go Russia
The Great Rate Debate I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
The Great Rate Debate I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
The Great Rate Debate I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
The Great Rate Debate I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
The Great Rate Debate I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
The Great Rate Debate I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
The Great Rate Debate I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
The Great Rate Debate I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
The Great Rate Debate I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
The Great Rate Debate I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
The Great Rate Debate I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
The Great Rate Debate I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

The Great Rate Debate

+3
ministerb
jbar
Terbo56
7 posters

Go down

The Great Rate Debate Empty The Great Rate Debate

Post by Guest Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:10 am

The Great Rate Debate

By AJ Anderson

To my fellow Dinarians,

There has been a lot of rate debaters out there in dinarian land with rates from .86 to above $8 and will the dinar be pegged to the US dollar or the British pound. I decided to write this document in hopes to shed some light on the rate debate and on what that rate maybe. No matter the rate when the RV?RI actually occurs, is what it is and will only fluctuate here in the US by the rising and falling of the dollar.

Of course, if the Iraq Dinar (IQD) is pegged to the Great British Pound (GBP) the greater the value here in the US and if pegged to the US dollar (USD) the lower the value. But first we must look at some history of the IQD before we can get some real idea of what it maybe at RV?RI.

History from the Central Bank of Iraq: http://www.cbi.iq/index.php?pid=History

In 1956 the National Bank of Iraq became the Central Bank of Iraq. Its responsibilities included the issuing and the management of currency, control over foreign exchange transactions, and the regulation and supervision of the banking system. It kept accounts for the government, and it handled government loans. Over the years, legislation has considerably enlarged the Central Bank's authority. In 1959 the peg was switched from the British pound to the United States dollar at the rate of 1 dinar = 2.8 dollars.

On July 14, 1964, all banks and insurance companies were nationalized, and, during the next decade, banking was consolidated. Following the devaluations of the U.S. currency in 1971 and 1973, the dinar rose to a value of US$3.3778.

By 1987 the banking system consisted of the Central Bank, the Rafidain Bank, the Agricultural, Industrial, and Real Estate banks. A 5 percent devaluation reduced the value of the dinar to US$3.2169, the official rate which remained until the Gulf War, although in late 1989, the black market rate was reported to be 1.86 dinars for US$1.

History from Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraqi_dinar

The dinar was introduced into circulation in 1932, by replacing the Indian rupee, which had been the official currency since the British occupation of the country in World War I, at a rate of 1 dinar = 13⅓ rupees. The dinar was pegged at par with the British pound until 1959 when, without changing its value, the peg was switched to the United States dollar at the rate of 1 dinar = 2.8 dollars. By not following the devaluations of the U.S. currency in 1971 and 1973, the dinar rose to a value of US$3.3778, before a 5 percent devaluation reduced the value of the dinar to US$3.2169, a rate which remained until the Gulf War, although in late 1989, the black market rate was reported at five to six times higher (3 dinars for US$1) than the official rate.[2]

After the Gulf War in 1991, due to UN sanctions, the previously used Swiss printing was no longer available. A new, inferior quality notes issue was produced. The previous issue became known as the Swiss dinar and continued to circulate in the Kurdish region of Iraq. Due to sanctions placed on Iraq by the United States and the international community and excessive government printing of the new notes issue, the dinar devalued quickly, and in late 1995, US$1 was valued at 3,000 dinars.

I will not go back any further than 1964 for this writing as it is really not relevant for now, even though at one time in the history of Iraq the IQD was worth as much as $4.47 to the USD, when the IQD and USD were still on the gold standard.

As you can see from the history above at one time the value of the IQD was 3.3778 before Sudam Husein came into power. Then the IQD was devalued by 5% to 3.2169 until the war and fall of the dictator where the value became 1USD could purchase 3000 IQD. Now we all know from the CBI and other sites that the IQD is now worth 1170 Dinar for a Dollar.

In the past months there has been speculation that the value of the IQD will be anywhere from .86 to above $8 USD. Where these speculations are coming from is really someone’s best guess and quite frankly so is mine and that’s all we really have until the day comes. But, let’s see if we can make some sense out of what it maybe.

If the IQD is pegged to the GBP, then the value will be higher in the US by 1.55 times higher or whatever the fluctuation is for that day between the USD and the GBP. At the time of this writing it is 1.55 times. So, if the IQD comes out at .86 pegged to the GBP, then the IQD here in the US will be worth $1.33. On the other hand if the IQD is worth 3.3778 pegged to the GBP then the IQD would be worth $5.23. These figures of course are if the IQD is pegged to the GBP and will only be used if the Globalist decide if they want to be real greedy.

The globalist documents have told us that the value will return to pre-sudam, which in my opinion was 3.3778 as provided above in the history section and maybe with some inflation built in the value. Some have said that the value of the IQD is in the budget of Iraq by dividing 90 billion dinars by 26 million US, which gives us $3.46, which would come to reason with a little inflation built in. So here’s that big question again, is the IQD pegged the GBP or USD?

The MIT team in their class about 4 days ago showed that the IQD could very well be pegged to the GBP with some proof behind it showing forex screen shots. So, if this is the case then at the 3.46 rate pegged to the GBP we will see here in the US $5.36 and is pegged to the USD $3.46.

And then there are these types of news articles that say the IQD will be eqaul the USD.
http://dinardaily.forumotion.com/t8567-dinar-activity-continues-from-akhelnews#50975

My best guess is that the IQD will revalue at somewhere between 3.37 and 5.36 USD depending on whether the IQD is pegged to the USD or the GBP and no more or no less. Remember this is best guess and it’s all rumor until the day the money is in your hands. AJ

Last edited by AJAnderson on Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:18 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added info)

Back to top Go down

The Great Rate Debate Empty Re: The Great Rate Debate

Post by Guest Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:24 pm

WOW, now we have Adam Montana stating .10!

Back to top Go down

Post by Terbo56 Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:52 pm

Do I hear .11?
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:54 pm

terbo56 wrote:Do I hear .11?

YEP, do I hear .12

Back to top Go down

Post by jbar Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:31 pm

AJ - As Always nice Job. Your research and history is correct. Logic is correct as well. As I have always thought, you do your homework and are not full of hype. Great job of explianing it to folks. One day I may have to buy you a cup of coffee or a cold one and chat a while, I think it would be a conversation that would be pretty wild for the folks at the other table listening in.

JP

jbar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:00 am

jbar wrote:AJ - As Always nice Job. Your research and history is correct. Logic is correct as well. As I have always thought, you do your homework and are not full of hype. Great job of explianing it to folks. One day I may have to buy you a cup of coffee or a cold one and chat a while, I think it would be a conversation that would be pretty wild for the folks at the other table listening in.

JP

Thanks JP, I am only tring to keep the people grounded and some what from the hype, even though the hype gets entertaining. I may have to take you up on the coffee, what state do you live in? I am in Iowa for the race season which ends at the end of this month. AJ

Back to top Go down

Post by ministerb Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:14 am

We've got a good thread going here....sorta breaks the monotony of waiting 'til "tomorrow"! "It's All Too Much" (John Lennon)

I really liked this one ...

terbo56 wrote:
Do I hear .11?

YEP, do I hear .12

And of course AJ that article blows anything that Guru Montana can publish right outta the water...he should forget that book and get those papers at the bank...you know...the "dime roll" papers...cause he's gonna need a bundle when his rate pops!

BTW,AJ is right. It's a rumor til it hits the news stands! "Iraqi Dinar RV's...read all about it!"
ministerb
ministerb
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:34 am

I'm still waitng for the full page article in the Wall Street Journal that states the RV will never take place in Iraq. That would be good news. AJ

Back to top Go down

Post by tuggyron Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:51 am

Very good read AJ! It really breaks it down for us simple folk! My thoughts on Adam Montana is that I have always wondered what "mother ship" he fell from.
Can't wait for your next post AJ.
Thanks again!
tuggyron
tuggyron

Back to top Go down

The Great Rate Debate Empty My $.02

Post by MartyM Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:42 am

Great job 'AJ' and have to say I agree with the logic... but then again this is still Iraq we're talking about, Right ? Wink
MartyM
MartyM
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:48 am

MartyM wrote:Great job 'AJ' and have to say I agree with the logic... but then again this is still Iraq we're talking about, Right ? Wink

That's right, Iraq has a hard time making up its mind, to much religion and not enougth politics, but maybe that's not so bad. The problem is, each religion wants to rule and its always the 11 hour as I suspect the RI will take place in the last minuets. AJ

Back to top Go down

Post by BinderBlooded Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:53 am

AJ, well written. I would add the political side to your thoughts. The big boys need to be able to say "We restored Iraq monetarily to their pre-war position plus they are now Free." 3.22 to 3.37 is the base rate I am counting on. I think how the RV-RI can be spun is paramount over Iraqi assets or GDP. Very good post, Thanks

BinderBlooded

Back to top Go down

Post by Terbo56 Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:55 am

Ministerb- Yeah man!
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jbar Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:08 pm

AJ - Texas, on the LLano Estacado (Staked Plains) or Hub of the Plains as some call it. What kind of racing?

jbar

Back to top Go down

Post by 1alaskan Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:34 pm

The numbers line up with many sources, IMF, $3.22 (prewar rate) plus up to 20% (for inflation) $3.87.

Even better to GBP, but I'm not going to hold by breath for that, I'll take it pegged to the USD.

Looks good, sounds good, lets do it.

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.
Marilyn Vos Savant

Yesterday would have been better, but today is a good day

Remember as always, JMHO
Rantings from just north of sixty

1alaskan
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum