Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Can Iraq rebuild its economy? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Can Iraq rebuild its economy? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Can Iraq rebuild its economy? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Can Iraq rebuild its economy? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Can Iraq rebuild its economy? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Can Iraq rebuild its economy? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Can Iraq rebuild its economy? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Can Iraq rebuild its economy? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Can Iraq rebuild its economy? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Can Iraq rebuild its economy? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Can Iraq rebuild its economy? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Can Iraq rebuild its economy? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Can Iraq rebuild its economy? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Can Iraq rebuild its economy? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Can Iraq rebuild its economy? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Can Iraq rebuild its economy? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Can Iraq rebuild its economy? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Can Iraq rebuild its economy? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Can Iraq rebuild its economy? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Can Iraq rebuild its economy? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

Can Iraq rebuild its economy?

2 posters

Go down

Can Iraq rebuild its economy? Empty Can Iraq rebuild its economy?

Post by RamblerNash Sat May 11, 2019 10:59 am

Can Iraq rebuild its economy?

Iraq's oil minister discusses plans to strengthen its oil industry, diversify its economy and attract foreign investors.

10 May 2019 19:14 GMT

Iraq is looking to strengthen its economy after decades of war, sanctions, sectarian division and the rise of the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL or ISIS).

It has achieved some progress in recent years thanks to its oil industry; Iraq is the second-largest producer in the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) and oil provides roughly 85 percent of the government's revenue.

As the country enters a period of relative calm, Iraq's oil minister, Thamer Ghadhban, says the government is working to expand its oil industries and improve infrastructure, which includes building more refineries and investing in southern gas fields and export routes.

It is also looking to increase production in nationally controlled oil fields while continuing to work with international companies.

"We have now contracts with at least 10 major international oil companies," he told Al Jazeera. "And if we move forward with them to the plateaus that they have committed themselves to, there will be at least a two million barrel per day increase on top of what we are now."

But as Iraq expands its oil industry, it also hopes to rely less on it. According to Ghadhban, the government plans to diversify its economy, invest in the private sector and attract more foreign investors.

For him, it is important that Iraq is less oil-dependent.

"It is an unhealthy situation, we don't like it, I don't like it personally. We've been trying to break this situation and keep away from total dependence on oil but it is not an easy task," he says, explaining that a country that has faced devastating wars, years of sanctions, and the presence of ISIL has had little time to develop its economy.

The government also plans to become more self-reliant in resources such as electricity and gas. Regional politics and US sanctions against Iran, one of its major partners, are impacting its economy.

But making Iraq more business-friendly comes with its own challenges. A slow bureaucracy and corruption hamper the country, which ranks 168th out of 180 countries on Transparency International's corruption perceptions index.

"We make sure that all the procedures and all the requirements for engaging with contractors are to be clean and to be away from corruption," Ghadhban says. "I verbally inform all contractors when they come and see me whether they are ... IOCs [international oil companies] or Iraqi private sector or Arab investors, that you don't have to deal with corrupt people whether within the ministry or outside."

Ghadhban believes the world will depend on oil for years to come but says Iraq is still planning for a time when it can no longer rely on it.

"Definitely we have to think about this seriously because it's not only us, this is also the future generation of Iraq we have to care about and there are now, of course, talks within the government to not only diversify the economy but also to think seriously about a sovereign fund and also bring in with time other sources of energy," he says.

"As an example, we are now seriously taking measures about the renewable [energy], especially the solar power to provide electricity within the term of this government."

https://www.aljazeera.com/programmes/talktojazeera/2019/05/iraq-rebuild-economy-190510124906515.html

Can Iraq rebuild its economy? 258310255 
>>>TNTBS's YouTube Channel<<<
RamblerNash
RamblerNash
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Can Iraq rebuild its economy? Empty Re: Can Iraq rebuild its economy?

Post by Jayzze Sat May 11, 2019 1:15 pm

as long as the politicians continue  to steal money or iran gives its blessing nothing will change
Jayzze
Jayzze
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum