Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
The Central Bank decides to allow the United Bank to issue letters of guarantee I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
The Central Bank decides to allow the United Bank to issue letters of guarantee I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
The Central Bank decides to allow the United Bank to issue letters of guarantee I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
The Central Bank decides to allow the United Bank to issue letters of guarantee I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
The Central Bank decides to allow the United Bank to issue letters of guarantee I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
The Central Bank decides to allow the United Bank to issue letters of guarantee I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
The Central Bank decides to allow the United Bank to issue letters of guarantee I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
The Central Bank decides to allow the United Bank to issue letters of guarantee I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
The Central Bank decides to allow the United Bank to issue letters of guarantee I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
The Central Bank decides to allow the United Bank to issue letters of guarantee I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
The Central Bank decides to allow the United Bank to issue letters of guarantee I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
The Central Bank decides to allow the United Bank to issue letters of guarantee I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
The Central Bank decides to allow the United Bank to issue letters of guarantee I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
The Central Bank decides to allow the United Bank to issue letters of guarantee I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
The Central Bank decides to allow the United Bank to issue letters of guarantee I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
The Central Bank decides to allow the United Bank to issue letters of guarantee I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
The Central Bank decides to allow the United Bank to issue letters of guarantee I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
The Central Bank decides to allow the United Bank to issue letters of guarantee I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
The Central Bank decides to allow the United Bank to issue letters of guarantee I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
The Central Bank decides to allow the United Bank to issue letters of guarantee I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

The Central Bank decides to allow the United Bank to issue letters of guarantee

Go down

The Central Bank decides to allow the United Bank to issue letters of guarantee Empty The Central Bank decides to allow the United Bank to issue letters of guarantee

Post by claud39 Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:02 am

The Central Bank decides to allow the United Bank to issue letters of guarantee

04/14/2019

The Central Bank decides to allow the United Bank to issue letters of guarantee 14474

Economy News - Baghdad

The Central Bank of Iraq has decided to allow the United Investment Bank to issue new letters of guarantee.

The "Economy News" obtained a document issued by the Central Bank of Iraq in which it decided to allow the United Investment Bank to issue new letters of guarantee, after the previous decision to stop issuing.

http://economy-news.net/content.php?id=16248
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

The Central Bank decides to allow the United Bank to issue letters of guarantee Empty Letter of Guarantee Definition

Post by claud39 Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:56 pm

[size=39]Letter of Guarantee Definition[/size]

REVIEWED BY JAMES CHEN

Updated Apr 10, 2019

What is a Letter of Guarantee

A letter of guarantee is a type of contract issued by a bank on behalf of a customer who has entered a contract to purchase goods from a supplier. The letter of guarantee lets the supplier know that they will be paid, even if the customer of the bank defaults. To get a letter of guarantee, the customer will need to apply for it, similar to a loan. If the bank is comfortable with the risk, they will back the customer with the letter, for an annual fee.

A letter of guarantee may also be issued by a bank on behalf of a call writer guaranteeing that the writer owns the underlying asset and that the bank will deliver the underlying securities should the call be exercised. Call writers will often use a letter of guarantee when the underlying asset of a call option is not held in their brokerage account.

Basics of Letter of Guarantee

Letters of guarantee are often used when one party in a transaction is uncertain that the other party involved can meet their financial obligation. This is especially common with purchases of costly equipment or other property. However, a letter of guarantee may not cover the whole amount of the debt. For example, a letter of guarantee in a bond issue may promise either interest or principal repayment, but not both.

The bank will negotiate how much they will cover with their client. Banks charge an annual for this service, which is typically a percentage of how much the bank may owe if their client defaults. 

Letters of guarantee are used in a wide variety of business situations. These include contracting and construction, financing from a financial institution, or declarations during export and import processes.

Letter of Guarantee for a Call Writer

Because many institutional investors maintain investment accounts at custodian banks rather than at broker-dealers, a broker often accepts a letter of guarantee for call writers with short options as a replacement for holding cash or securities. The letter of guarantee must be in a form that the exchange, and potentially the Options Clearing Corporation, accepts. The issuing bank agrees to give the broker the underlying securities if the call writer’s account is assigned.

Example of a Letter of Guarantee

Assume Company XYZ is buying a large piece of customized equipment for their shop at a cost of $1 million. The supplier of the equipment will need to fabricate it, and it may not be ready for several months. The buyer doesn't want to pay right now, but the supplier also doesn't want to spend time and resources building this piece of equipment without some guarantee that that buyer will buy it, and has the resources to buy it. The buyer can go to their bank and get a letter of guarantee. This should help appease that supplier, as the bank is backing the buyer.

Assume a call writer has 10 contracts short of fictional stock YYY. That is equivalent to 1000 shares. If the stock price rises, those short call positions will be losing money, and since there is no cap on how far a stock can rise the loss could theoretically be infinite. But if the call writer owns 1000 shares of stock then the risk is mitigated. This is a covered call. 

In order to short the contracts in the first place, the writer may have had to produce a letter of guarantee showing that they own the stock (in another account, otherwise the broker would not require the letter), since the broker may have viewed the uncovered short call as too risky.

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/l/letter_of_guarantee.asp
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum