Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Saleh calls for Arab economic integration based on an integrated banking system I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Saleh calls for Arab economic integration based on an integrated banking system I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
Saleh calls for Arab economic integration based on an integrated banking system I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Saleh calls for Arab economic integration based on an integrated banking system I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Saleh calls for Arab economic integration based on an integrated banking system I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Saleh calls for Arab economic integration based on an integrated banking system I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Saleh calls for Arab economic integration based on an integrated banking system I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Saleh calls for Arab economic integration based on an integrated banking system I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Saleh calls for Arab economic integration based on an integrated banking system I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Saleh calls for Arab economic integration based on an integrated banking system I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Saleh calls for Arab economic integration based on an integrated banking system I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Saleh calls for Arab economic integration based on an integrated banking system I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Saleh calls for Arab economic integration based on an integrated banking system I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Saleh calls for Arab economic integration based on an integrated banking system I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Saleh calls for Arab economic integration based on an integrated banking system I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Saleh calls for Arab economic integration based on an integrated banking system I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Saleh calls for Arab economic integration based on an integrated banking system I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Saleh calls for Arab economic integration based on an integrated banking system I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
Saleh calls for Arab economic integration based on an integrated banking system I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
Saleh calls for Arab economic integration based on an integrated banking system I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

Saleh calls for Arab economic integration based on an integrated banking system

Go down

Saleh calls for Arab economic integration based on an integrated banking system Empty Saleh calls for Arab economic integration based on an integrated banking system

Post by claud39 Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:27 am

https://baghdadtoday.news/news/79766/%D8%B5%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AD-%D9%8A%D8%AF%D8%B9%D9%88-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%89-%D8%AA%D9%83%D8%A7%D9%85%D9%84-%D8%A7%D9%82%D8%AA%D8%B5

Saleh calls for Arab economic integration based on an integrated banking system 80719

Saleh calls for Arab economic integration based on an integrated banking system

Baghdad today _ Baghdad 

President Barham Salih on Sunday called for Arab economic integration based on an .integrated banking system ".In his speech, Saleh stressed the need for "an open dialogue between the Arab leaders He pointed to the importance of finding "economic integration among the Arab countries, ."based on an integrated banking system The Arab summit was held in Tunis on Sunday, with the participation of Iraq and the .continued absence of Syria The summit, attended by President Barham Salih and chaired by Tunisian President Béji .Kayed Sibsi, began reading verses from the Koran to discuss a number of Arab issues

Last edited by claud39 on Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Saleh calls for Arab economic integration based on an integrated banking system Empty THE ARAB MONETARY FUND CONFIRMS THE COMMITMENT AND KEENNESS OF ARAB CENTRAL BANKS TO PROVIDE A REGIONAL PLATFORM FOR CLEARING AND SETTLING ARAB PAYMENTS

Post by claud39 Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:56 am

https://www.amf.org.ae/ar/content/%D8%B5%D9%86%D8%AF%D9%88%D9%82-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%86%D9%82%D8%AF-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B9%D8%B1%D8%A8%D9%8A-%D9%8A%D8%A4%D9%83%D8%AF-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AA%D8%B2%D8%A7%D9%85-%D9%88%D8%AD%D8%B1%D8%B5-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%85%D8%B5%D8%A7%D8%B1%D9%81-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%85%D8%B1%D9%83%D8%B2%D9%8A%D8%A9-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B9%D8%B1%D8%A8%D9%8A%D8%A9-%D8%B9%D9%84%D9%89-%D8%AA%D9%88%D9%81%D9%8A%D8%B1-%D9%85%D9%86%D8%B5%D8%A9-%D8%A5%D9%82%D9%84%D9%8A%D9%85%D9%8A%D8%A9-%D9%84%D9%85%D9%82%D8%A7%D8%B5%D8%A9

THE ARAB MONETARY FUND CONFIRMS THE COMMITMENT AND KEENNESS OF ARAB CENTRAL BANKS TO PROVIDE A REGIONAL PLATFORM FOR CLEARING AND SETTLING ARAB PAYMENTS
2019-03-29

The conference brought together a number of experts from the financial sector and raised the debate on regional and global developments in the field of cross-border payment and settlement systems

Al Mansoori affirms UAE support for Arab clearing project for its prominent role in promoting economic and financial integration between Arab countries and strengthening trade and investment relations with economic partners

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, March 29, 2019: The High-Level Conference on "The Role of Cross-Border Payment Arrangements in Enhancing Regional Financial Integration", organized by the Arab Monetary Fund (AMF), concluded on 27 and 28 March 2019 at the Intercontinental Hotel in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates United Nations. The conference, which was held in partnership with the German Development Agency, was attended by more than 300 experts in financial services and payment systems from around the world. 
As well as senior officials from the ministries of finance and economy and central banks and concerned from commercial banks and financial institutions and bodies involved in the technology sector and financial technology companies from the Arab region and beyond. During which the speakers discussed the most important challenges facing regional and global cross-border payment and settlement systems, as well as proposed solutions. The discussion also addressed a number of related issues and themes, such as the future and role of regional payment systems, the trends of the payment services industry, recent developments and innovations, and the role of modern payment systems in enhancing the efficiency and integrity of financial transactions.
The conference addressed the challenges facing cross-border payment transactions and the opportunities to benefit from the latest developments and technologies to provide radical solutions to these challenges to meet the needs of the market. In this context, the Arab Monetary Fund presented during the conference the draft regional system for clearing and settling Arab payments as an important center for enhancing the efficiency of cross-border financial and investment transactions not only between Arab countries but also between the Arab countries and the main trading partners of the Arab world.
In this context, His Excellency Dr. Abdulrahman Al-Humaidi, Director General of the Arab Monetary Fund (AMF), in his opening speech, referred to the rapid developments in modern technologies and their increasing use in the financial sector and the corresponding growth and acceptance of demand by customers and small and medium enterprises for immediate and digital payment services. And an integrated low-cost chain that meets their needs. Dr. Al-Humaidi expressed the importance of keeping the payments industry in line with the latest trends in the field of technology in order to benefit from them and reduce the risks associated with them which may affect the integrity and integrity of financial transactions. "It is important to encourage and stimulate innovation in an organized environment that can enhance financial stability as well as the overall efficiency of the banking industry and financial markets."
"The payment platform developed by the Fund in cooperation with central banks and the Arab monetary institutions aims to provide safe, fast and low-cost arrangements that contribute to the development of the payment industry today," Dr. Al-Humaidi said. "This platform will stimulate business and investment in the Arab region." "The fund is working hard to launch the platform as soon as possible and will soon announce the date of the first operation through the system."
In a speech to the Governor of the Central Bank of the United Arab Emirates, Mubarak Rashid Al Mansoori, Al Mansouri pointed to the importance of the regional system for clearing and settling Arab payments, which aims to facilitate the implementation of intra-Arab transactions. The Governor also stressed the UAE's keenness to ensure the success of the project, noting the prominent role of the system in intensifying opportunities for strengthening trade and investment relations with all economic partners of the Arab region.  
Participants stressed that, as risks increased, compliance requirements in the financial sector increased, especially in the area of ​​AML / CFT and the examination of penalties. In this context, IFAD emphasized the role of the platform in enhancing compliance by the Arab financial sector with international and regional AML / CFT requirements and penalties.
Speakers discussed the importance of countering cyber threats, in conjunction with increased threats and risks to financial institutions and financial stability. It was noted that the protection of financial market infrastructure has become necessary with the increasing use of electronic devices, which exceeded 50 billion in recent years.
A session was also held to discuss the changing role of technology in regulation. The discussion focused on the use of technologies as a tool for regional and international integration and compliance with international standards and requirements, as well as the positive effects of technologies on financial infrastructure.
The speakers also discussed the means available to Arab financial institutions to include financially marginalized groups in the banking system, and the most appropriate ways to enhance financial coverage in the Arab region and the role of the Arab clearing system in this regard.
The participants agreed that the discussions that took place during the conference would pave the way for further cooperation in the regional payments industry, in order to enhance the process of Arab regional financial integration and economic growth and stability. 
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Saleh calls for Arab economic integration based on an integrated banking system Empty HE DR. ABDULRAHMAN BIN ABDULLAH AL-HUMAIDI, DIRECTOR-GENERAL OF THE ARAB MONETARY FUND, ADDRESSES THE OPENING OF THE "REGIONAL FORUM ON TAXATION IN ARAB COUNTRIES"

Post by claud39 Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:01 am

https://www.amf.org.ae/ar/content/%D9%85%D8%B9%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%8A-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AF%D9%83%D8%AA%D9%88%D8%B1-%D8%B9%D8%A8%D8%AF%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B1%D8%AD%D9%85%D9%86-%D8%A8%D9%86-%D8%B9%D8%A8%D8%AF%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%84%D9%87-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AD%D9%85%D9%8A%D8%AF%D9%8A-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%85%D8%AF%D9%8A%D8%B1-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B9%D8%A7%D9%85-%D8%B1%D8%A6%D9%8A%D8%B3-%D9%85%D8%AC%D9%84%D8%B3-%D8%A5%D8%AF%D8%A7%D8%B1%D8%A9-%D8%B5%D9%86%D8%AF%D9%88%D9%82-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%86%D9%82%D8%AF-33

HE DR. ABDULRAHMAN BIN ABDULLAH AL-HUMAIDI, DIRECTOR-GENERAL OF THE ARAB MONETARY FUND, ADDRESSES THE OPENING OF THE "REGIONAL FORUM ON TAXATION IN ARAB COUNTRIES"

Saleh calls for Arab economic integration based on an integrated banking system DSC_3075%20%28Medium%29

Emphasize the importance of pursuing tax policy reform

To support fiscal discipline and financial sustainability

With the participation of senior officials from the Ministry of Finance, the Federal Tax Authority of the United Arab Emirates, the International Center for Taxation and Investment, and the attendance of a number of senior officials from the ministries of finance and economy, tax authorities and central banks in the Arab countries and experts from regional and international financial institutions. Abdullah Al-Humaidi, Director-General of the Arab Monetary Fund, delivered an opening speech at the Regional Tax Forum in the Arab States, entitled "The Balance of Tax Policies between Management and Competitiveness " In cooperation with the Ministry of Finance of the United Arab Emirates, the Federal Tax Authority and the International Center for Taxation and Investment, on 31 March and 1 April 2019 in Dubai.
His Excellency stressed at the outset that the achievement of financial discipline and financial sustainability is one of the most important challenges facing the Arab economies in the current stage. He pointed out that the surplus of the combined budget of the Arab countries, one percent of GDP in 2013, To 11.5 per cent in 2015, prompting the authorities in the Arab countries to intensify the pace of implementation of fiscal reforms in order to contain and rationalize the increase in public expenditure levels and to strengthen and diversify government revenues, which led to low levels of deficit In the combined general budget of the Arab countries to about 6 per cent in 2018, according to the estimates of the Arab Monetary Fund.
The reforms that the Arab countries are working on will enhance the chances of financial sustainability, encourage the creation of an environment conducive to private sector growth and attract investment. He pointed out in this regard the importance of following the efforts of the reform of the energy support, Has about 240 billion dollars during 2018, equivalent to about 8 percent of the Arab countries' GDP .
In another context, His Excellency Dr. Al-Humaidi pointed out that the economic and financial repercussions impose on the Arab countries the need to pay attention to the strengthening of public financial resources, foremost of which is the raising of the tax revenue revenues, pointing to the uneven levels of tax collection among the Arab countries, Per cent of GDP and less than a quarter of total public revenues in Arab countries. He also pointed out that the ratio of the average tax revenues to the non-oil GDP of the Arab countries is about 13 per cent compared to an average of 17 per cent in the emerging and developing economies according to the 2017 data.
In the same context, His Excellency pointed to the results of a study by the Arab Monetary Fund that showed that the Arab tax systems are mainly based on indirect taxes as a main source of financing government expenditures. In this regard, the share of indirect taxes on average is estimated at 70% Arab countries.  
His Excellency pointed out that the majority of the tax systems in the Arab countries are generally characterized by a variable tax effort, indicating that there is a large gap between the actual achievement and the availability of tax revenues, pointing out that the tax policy challenges facing tax policy management are based on three main things: : The multiplicity of rates, the wide scope of exemptions, and the importance of raising awareness and tax education. He pointed out that these challenges, how to develop and strengthen tax systems and administrations, and how to strengthen tax collection, taking advantage of modern technologies in the development of tax services, Discussed by the Forum.
In this context, HE praised the forum's opportunity to consult and exchange views and experiences on various issues, whether to strengthen revenue, enhance the efficiency of the tax system and the application of value added taxes, thus contributing to the creation of a favorable and encouraging environment for private sector growth. For small and medium-sized enterprises, and oil companies, and promotes economic diversification and overall growth.
The Arab Monetary Fund has in recent years been keen to increase its interest in tax reform issues, recognizing the importance of Arab countries, stressing the importance of the discussions and views that will be taken up in the Forum to benefit from enhancing the Arab Monetary Fund's awareness of the needs and priorities in developing policy reforms. In the Arab States, and to benefit from the development of the Fund's programs and activities in the area of ​​public finance.
[url=https://www.amf.org.ae/sites/default/files/%D9%83%D9%84%D9%85%D8%A9 %D8%A7%D9%84%D9%85%D8%AF%D9%8A%D8%B1 %D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B9%D8%A7%D9%85-%D9%85%D9%86%D8%AA%D8%AF%D9%89 %D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B6%D8%B1%D8%A7%D8%A6%D8%A8.pdf]Full text of the word[/url]

[url=https://www.amf.org.ae/sites/default/files/%D9%83%D9%84%D9%85%D8%A9 %D8%A7%D9%84%D9%85%D8%AF%D9%8A%D8%B1 %D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B9%D8%A7%D9%85-%D9%85%D9%86%D8%AA%D8%AF%D9%89 %D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B6%D8%B1%D8%A7%D8%A6%D8%A8.pdf]https://www.amf.org.ae/sites/default/files/%D9%83%D9%84%D9%85%D8%A9%20%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%85%D8%AF%D9%8A%D8%B1%20%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B9%D8%A7%D9%85-%D9%85%D9%86%D8%AA%D8%AF%D9%89%20%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B6%D8%B1%D8%A7%D8%A6%D8%A8.pdf[/url]

Regional Forum on Taxation in Arab Countries

"The balance of tax policies between management and competitiveness"

Word

His Excellency Dr. Abdul Rahman bin Abdulla Al-Humaidi

General Manager and Chairman

Arab Monetary Fund

Dubai - United Arab Emirates

April 1 - March 31

Your Excellencies,

Ladies and gentlemen,

Glad to you all morning,

It is my pleasure to welcome you to our beautiful city of Dubai, with the launch of business

The Arab Regional Monetary Forum, organized by the Arab Monetary Fund,

In cooperation with the Ministry of Finance of the United Arab Emirates and the Federal Authority

And the International Center for Taxation and Investment, a forum for financial policy makers

And tax in our Arab countries.

To express

Allow me first of all to extend my sincere thanks and gratitude to HE Obaid Humaid Al Tayer, Minister

The State of Finance in the United Arab Emirates, for the support of His Excellency for the events

And activities organized by the Arab Monetary Fund. Thanks are due to colleagues in the Ministry

Finance and the Federal Tax Authority of the United Arab Emirates, in the forefront

HE Khalid Al Bustani, Chief Executive Officer of the Authority, for their support and for their efforts

And their cooperation with my colleagues in the Fund, in preparing and preparing for the Forum and working to provide

All ways that contribute to its success to achieve the desired objectives.

I also do not miss this opening, to express my sincere welcome to Mark

Moody's, Chairman of the International Center for Taxation and Investment, for being with us

In the Forum, and the cooperation of the Center's officials in preparing the Forum, in particular

Mr. Daniel Watt, CEO of the Center.

To express sincere

I would also like to thank the honorable guests from various Arab countries,

Their participation reflects the great care given by the authorities in Arab countries to promote

Opportunities to share experiences and experiences in discussing tax policy challenges and their applications

Framework of current developments and challenges, in particular the sustainability of public finances

Thanks are also extended to all officials, experts and speakers from international institutions

Arab and international bodies and ministries to prefer their participation, thus enriching

Discussion on various tax issues and reform policies.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

One of the challenges facing financial discipline is financial sustainability

Arab economies in the current period, where the economies of Arab countries have risen

In budget deficit levels since 2014. The budget surplus has shifted

Of the Arab countries with one percent of GDP in 2013,

To a deficit of about 5.11 per cent in 2015. In this context,

The authorities in the Arab countries have sought to intensify the pace of implementation of fiscal reforms at the beginning

From 2015 to contain and rationalize the increase in public spending levels and strengthen

And diversification of government revenues. These reforms have contributed to reducing deficit levels

To the level of 6 per cent in 2018 by the General Budget

The Arab Monetary Fund (AMF) estimates that these reforms are in progress. It will continue

In the coming years, provide financial resources that can be channeled to support development opportunities

Providing more jobs and reducing poverty and unemployment.

One of the most important features of the reforms that our Arab countries are working on is the pursuit of diversification efforts

Reform of the subsidy system and the enhancement of tax revenues and efficiency,

Of the opportunities for financial sustainability on the one hand and encourages the creation of an encouraging environment on the other

Growth of the private sector and attracting investment. As well as notable efforts to achieve

Diversity There is progress in economic diversification efforts, with a view to creating more economic structures,

Considerable attention to enhancing public resources to meet increased government spending and improve conditions

Public Finance. The most important of these is the reform of energy support, with an estimated energy support of about 240

Billion in 2018, equivalent to about 8 percent of GDP

The total of Arab countries is spent on energy subsidies. So there is a need for continuity and deepening

Reforms in this direction.

As you know, broader economic reforms include a combination of reduction policies

Spending, expenditure transfer policies, and gradual lifting of energy subsidies

Reforms in issues related to areas such as public utility pricing and transfer of expenditure

To build human capital and increase investments that attract investors to the sector

The private. The success of reform programs requires broad support for financial reform,

And better allocation of government assets while diversifying sources of government revenues.

Ladies and Gentlemen,
The economic and financial implications impinge on the need to promote public finances
Foremost among which is raising tax revenues and enhancing their fairness. Despite the efforts
Which is aimed at developing tax systems in the Arab countries, but the levels of achievement
Tax burden on Arab countries still requires more efforts
And reform to reach similar levels of achievement in emerging economies and countries
In other developing countries, where tax revenues represent only about 7 per cent of GDP
And less than a quarter of total public revenues in Arab countries. And up
The ratio of the average tax revenues to the non-oil GDP of the Arab countries to 13%
Compared to an average of 17 per cent in emerging economies and countries
According to 2017
In this context, the challenge is to reduce the relatively large Arab gap between countries
Actual collection and revenue are possible for tax revenues with a more equitable distribution
Tax. The disparity in experience among the Arab countries is an opportunity to see
• Lessons related to reforming tax systems to suit the state and structure of economies
In these countries.
In this context, a study by the Arab Monetary Fund showed that Arab tax systems
Mainly based on indirect taxes as a prime source of government expenditure financing
The decline in reliance on direct taxes continued to be reflected in the development of the sector

Arab tax systems. The share of indirect taxes is estimated at about 70 percent
Of total tax revenues in Arab countries, including tax revenues
Value added and sales representing about 46 per cent, tax revenue
Customs duties of around 24 per cent. In contrast, direct tax revenues represent, on average
Around 30 percent of total tax revenues, of which 20 percent are tax
Income on companies and 10 per cent is due to personal income tax.
The majority of the tax systems in the Arab countries in general are characterized by a variable tax effort,
Indicating a significant gap between actual and available tax revenues,
And that the situation varies from state to state.
The diversity in the application of broad-based taxes such as value added tax has been proven
Its efficiency in many countries, as it distributes the tax burden on a large tax base,
However, it is appropriate to deal with the side effects that may result from value added tax,
This is done through the proper application of tax, and support ongoing efforts to ensure that they are relevant
Broad base, applied to the entire value chain, where can lead non-enable
Companies from registration, misuse, fraud and tax evasion
Added, to distort the options and cause inefficiency. Despite relative improvement,
However, the value of VAT revenues in the Arab countries represents about 7%
Of GDP, compared to about 12 percent of GDP in economies
Emerging and developing countries. Enhancing the level of tax compliance requires the adoption of a comprehensive framework for evaluation

Collecting VAT, identifying its causes and developing appropriate indicators
To monitor and assess non-compliance and associated risk control criteria.
While consumption taxes represent opportunities to diversify revenues, the impact is also significant
The digital revolution also needs to be considered, as applications of modern technologies allow
Consumers order goods from anywhere in the world, directly to their homes, causing the
Government loss of tax revenues. In addition, applications of modern technologies may reduce
Of the inflow of taxable tangible goods and services. It is necessary to take into account
Tax authorities in the Arab countries, to consider these issues in policy frameworks
Reform and management of the tax system.
Ladies and Gentlemen,
Tax policy challenges facing tax policy management are centered around three
The main things are: multiplicity of rates, which leads to the complexity of the collection process with the consequences
It has an administrative burden that requires more cadres and the use of modern technologies to raise efficiency
Tax investigator and collection costs.
In order to achieve a balance between the return
The second of these challenges is the widening of exemptions. As the experiences of a number of States indicate
Arab countries aim to exempt a long list of basic goods and services from being maintained
The purchasing power of people with low incomes, however, these exemptions lead to shrinkage of the pot
And thus affect the level of resources achieved. As the experiences of some States indicate

To reduce and multiply the prescribed registration limit to obligate those charged with collecting the tax
Value added, which ranges from $ 1,000 to $ 100,000, leading to an increase
Collection and management costs, which affects its efficiency. The third challenge lies in
The importance of raising awareness and tax education, so as to raise the rates of tax compliance.
Ladies and Gentlemen,
Today, the Forum discusses these challenges, how to develop and strengthen tax systems and administrations,
And how to strengthen tax collection, while considering ways to take advantage of modern technologies
Development of tax services. All these topics are discussed using lessons
And Arab and international experiences in this regard. The Forum is an opportunity for consultation and exchange
Opinions and experiences on various issues, both for revenue consolidation and for enhancing efficiency
Tax system and the application of value added tax, which contributes at the same time
In creating an enabling and encouraging environment for the growth of the private sector with its different levels of companies
Large and small, and small, medium and micro enterprises
And promotes economic diversification and overall growth.
Before closing this speech, I would like to point out that the Arab Monetary Fund has been keen in years
Paying attention to the issues of tax reform, recognizing the recent increase in its importance to our Arab countries,
Either through reform programs within IFAD's facilities or through building activities
Capacities, workshops and forums to share experiences and knowledge. We look forward to the discussions today
And to use them to enhance our understanding of development needs and priorities

Reforms of tax policies in the Arab countries, as well as in the development of
Fund's programs and activities in the area of public finance.
Finally, I would like to reiterate my thanks to our partners in the organization of the Forum, and I do not miss in this regard,
I would like to renew my gratitude and gratitude to the State of the headquarters of the Arab Monetary Fund, the United Arab Emirates
United Nations, for its substantial facilities that have contributed to the Fund's success in achieving
Objectives.
Peace and mercy of God be upon you.

Saleh calls for Arab economic integration based on an integrated banking system DSC_3117%20%28Medium%29

Saleh calls for Arab economic integration based on an integrated banking system DSC_3305%20%28Medium%29
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Saleh calls for Arab economic integration based on an integrated banking system Empty THE ROLE OF CROSS-BORDER PAYMENTS IN FOSTERING REGIONAL FINANCIAL INTEGRATION

Post by claud39 Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:03 am

https://www.amf.org.ae/en/page/role-cross-border-payments-fostering-regional-financial-integration

THE ROLE OF CROSS-BORDER PAYMENTS IN FOSTERING REGIONAL FINANCIAL INTEGRATION

Saleh calls for Arab economic integration based on an integrated banking system Logo-en

The Role of Cross-Border Payments in Fostering Regional Financial Integration

27-28 March 2019

InterContinental Hotel, Abu Dhabi, UAE

The Arab Monetary Fund (AMF), in collaboration with the Arab Central Banks, will organize a global conference to introduce the Arab Regional Payment System (APRS) as an innovative approach to current cross-border payment challenges, a solution to promote and facilitate regional and international trade, and a more appropriate response to the increasing pressure that the Arab region is facing:

• Push for lower costs and faster, more predictable payments
  • Emergence of more attractive end-customer solutions based on disruptive technologies and new business models
  • Increase in compliance requirements in order to manage and mitigate risks

[size]
This event will also bring together a wide array of industry professionals, academics, and policymakers representing diverse set of industry players, including regulators, fintechs, financial institutions, and technology on a common platform to exchange knowledge and elaborate on latest regional and global cross-border payment challenges, developments and opportunities.

Register Here

Accomodation: InterContinental Hotel, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Room’s rates per night including taxes and fees:
Single 500 AED
Double 550 AED
To book, please contact the hotel directly by sending an email including your full name, check-in and check-out dates, event name with reference to Arab Monetary Fund,
to any of the following email addresses:
[/size]

• Mohamed.Salman1@ihg.com
  • hosny.ghanem@ihg.com
  • Sara.Barakat@ihg.com 
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Saleh calls for Arab economic integration based on an integrated banking system Empty Chief Risk Officers in Arab Banks Forum:The Road to Basel 4

Post by claud39 Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:06 am

http://www.uabonline.org/en/events/conferences/chiefriskofficersinarabbanksforumtheroadtobasel4/60647/0

Chief Risk Officers in Arab Banks Forum:The Road to Basel 4

Saleh calls for Arab economic integration based on an integrated banking system Rc_155109566264_18

Chief Risk Officers in Arab Banks Forum:The Road to Basel 4
30/3 - 1/4 , 2019 Helnan Palestine Hotel Alexandria – Egypt

BACKGROUND
The Chief Risk Officers (CROs) in Arab Banks Forum, to be held by the Union of Arab Banks, is a platform to keep up with the expectations and orientations of many concerned international organizations and Regulatory and Supervisory authorities, notably the Basel committee on Banking Supervision (BCBS), especially after it published in December 2017 the final document that included a set of reform revisions to the standardized approaches for measuring and managing credit and operational risks, and which is considered as a final revision to Basel III, paving the way for what is expected to be called Basel IV.

These revisions and amendments are in the direction of correcting the course previously adopted in these standardized approaches and the reasons behind these amendments, as well as for narrowing the gap between the standardized and internal approaches. In addition to that, Basel Committee has published in January 2019 the final amendments to the market risk calculation methods, and are expected to be implemented by first of January 2022.

In order to keep pace and comply with the Basel Committee’s new guidelines for measuring and managing risk and its impact on our Arab banks, the Union of Arab Banks hold this forum to shed light on these amendments, on the policies, procedures and the follow up of risk measurement, and to identify the basic requirements of banks for implementing these amendments, as well as measuring the capital adequacy, and to highlight the availability of the required information systems, human resources and appropriate expertise for such adjustments with the aim of elevating risk departments to levels that replicate internationally recognized standards and practices, both practically and theoretically, and raising awareness among the banking, financial and corporate sectors in the Arab world on the importance of adopting and applying internationally recognized risk management techniques and methods.

OBJECTIVES
Explain and discuss the new reforms of Basel Committee guidelines aimed at modifying the standardized approach of credit and operational risks and the reasons underlying these suggestions.
Explain the main challenges facing our Arab banks in the implementation of IFRS 9, which came into effect last year and how to deal with these challenges.
Review the new methodology for calculating capital requirements to face operational risks.
Shedding light on the final market risk amendments (The last paper).

TOPICS OF DISCUSSION
The Road to Basel IV: An Overview of the Final Post-Crisis amendments and its Objectives
The role of central banks in the implementation of the proposed amendments and strategies of banks 2022
Substantial amendments and prudential procedures in the standard methodology for measuring credit risk
Analysis of the fundamental changes in the methodology for measuring credit risk according to internal rating base approach
Components of credit risk: (Basis of calculation and significant differences between Basel and IFRS 9
Effect of IFRS 9 on regulatory capital.
Final adjustments in market risk calculation methodologies (standard methodology and internal model)
New methodology for calculating capital requirements to meet operational risks
New approach to calculate the leverage ratio and dealing with systemically important banks
Expected effects on banks as a result of modification and techniques of implementation 

TARGETED PARTICIPANTS:
Arab Central Banks Leaders
Employees of the banking regulatory and supervisory departments
Basel project managers and their senior assistants
Chairmen and directors of risk and their senior assistants
Heads of financial control departments and their senior assistants
Managers of internal audit in banks and their senior assistants
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Saleh calls for Arab economic integration based on an integrated banking system Empty Home Scientific and Cultural Seminars Scientific Symposium (delete zeros from the Iraqi dinar)

Post by claud39 Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:09 am

http://www.auc-edu.org/index.php?content=conf&conf=20

2019-03-27 09:14:37

Home
Scientific and Cultural Seminars Scientific
Symposium (delete zeros from the Iraqi dinar)

Under the patronage of the Dean of the Faculty of Knowledge University Dr. Yacoub Nazem Ahmed, the Department of Finance and Banking Sciences held today, 2019/3/27 and the Conference Hall a scientific symposium entitled (delete zeros from the Iraqi dinar) was divided into three axes The 
first axis: the concept of deleting zeros from the dinar , Presented by Assistant Professor Dr. Ali Abdul Hadi Salem. 
The second axis: the expected results of the deletion of three zeroes from the Iraqi dinar, M. Mahmoud Abdelkader Sweid. 
The third axis: the experiences of some countries in the process of deleting zeros, M. Mohammed Juma Rahim. 
The seminar was attended by the Dean's Assistant for Administrative Affairs, the heads of the scientific departments, faculty members and staff as well as guests from various departments of the State.

claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum