Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
America and China are seeking to reach an agreement before the deadline set by Trump I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
America and China are seeking to reach an agreement before the deadline set by Trump I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
America and China are seeking to reach an agreement before the deadline set by Trump I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
America and China are seeking to reach an agreement before the deadline set by Trump I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
America and China are seeking to reach an agreement before the deadline set by Trump I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
America and China are seeking to reach an agreement before the deadline set by Trump I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
America and China are seeking to reach an agreement before the deadline set by Trump I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
America and China are seeking to reach an agreement before the deadline set by Trump I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
America and China are seeking to reach an agreement before the deadline set by Trump I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
America and China are seeking to reach an agreement before the deadline set by Trump I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
America and China are seeking to reach an agreement before the deadline set by Trump I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
America and China are seeking to reach an agreement before the deadline set by Trump I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
America and China are seeking to reach an agreement before the deadline set by Trump I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
America and China are seeking to reach an agreement before the deadline set by Trump I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
America and China are seeking to reach an agreement before the deadline set by Trump I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
America and China are seeking to reach an agreement before the deadline set by Trump I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
America and China are seeking to reach an agreement before the deadline set by Trump I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
America and China are seeking to reach an agreement before the deadline set by Trump I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
America and China are seeking to reach an agreement before the deadline set by Trump I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
America and China are seeking to reach an agreement before the deadline set by Trump I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

America and China are seeking to reach an agreement before the deadline set by Trump

Go down

America and China are seeking to reach an agreement before the deadline set by Trump Empty America and China are seeking to reach an agreement before the deadline set by Trump

Post by claud39 Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:46 am

http://economy-news.net/content.php?id=15502

America and China are seeking to reach an agreement before the deadline set by Trump

24/02/2019

America and China are seeking to reach an agreement before the deadline set by Trump 13162

Economy News _ Baghdad

US and Chinese negotiators held more than seven hours of talks on Saturday to resolve trade disputes between the two countries and avoid an escalation in the tariff exchange, which has already disrupted world trade, slowed the global economy and strained financial markets.
The two sides will meet again on Sunday morning as they try to reach an agreement before the deadline set by US President Donald Trump, who threatened a dramatic increase in tariffs on Chinese goods unless an agreement is reached by March 1.
Saturday was the fifth consecutive day of negotiations between the world's two largest economies.
The talks were extended until the weekend after the two sides announced progress in narrowing their differences.
The Chinese delegation is due to leave for Beijing on Monday, said a person familiar with the delegation's route.
It was the fourth round of negotiations since Washington and Beijing agreed to a truce in their trade war.
Trump pursued the policy of "America First" aimed at rebalancing world trade in favor of the United States.
Trump said on Friday there was "a very good chance" for an agreement and was determined to extend a deadline for customs duties on March 1 and meet Chinese President Xi Jinping soon.
The extension of the deadline would mean suspending a planned increase of US $ 200 billion in tariffs on US imports from China to 25 percent from 10 percent now.
This would prevent a war of trade that has already disrupted commodity trade by hundreds of billions of dollars, slowed the growth of the global economy and hit markets.
Trump and Treasury Secretary Stephen Menuchin said both sides had reached agreement on currency issues, but did not elaborate. US officials have long said the Chinese yuan is undervalued, giving China a trade advantage and offsetting part of US tariffs.
China has also pledged to buy 10 million more US soybeans.
Reuters reported exclusively on Wednesday that the two sides are preparing memorandums of understanding on electronic theft, intellectual property rights, services, agriculture and trade without customs duties, including subsidies.
Trump said on Friday that those memorandums of understanding were not appealing because they were short-lived and he wanted a long-term agreement.
A source familiar with the talks said the two sides narrowed their differences over intellectual property rights, market access and cut the US trade deficit with China to about $ 400 billion. But there are still more disagreements over China's chances of China's state-owned enterprises, subsidies, forced technology transfer and electronic theft.
There is no agreement on the mechanism of implementation as well. The United States wants a strong mechanism to ensure China's commitment to reform, while Beijing insists on what it calls a "just and objective" process.
"Application is a difficult puzzle," the source, who spoke on condition of anonymity, told the group. "You need two objective arbitrators to make a decision."
Trump said the biggest decisions could be taken when he met with the Chinese president, possibly in Florida next month, and those decisions could extend beyond trade to Chinese technology companies Huawei and ZTE Corp.
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum