Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
FROM ROBERT GATES (Iwill miss him, good man !!) I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
FROM ROBERT GATES (Iwill miss him, good man !!) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
FROM ROBERT GATES (Iwill miss him, good man !!) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
FROM ROBERT GATES (Iwill miss him, good man !!) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
FROM ROBERT GATES (Iwill miss him, good man !!) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
FROM ROBERT GATES (Iwill miss him, good man !!) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
FROM ROBERT GATES (Iwill miss him, good man !!) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
FROM ROBERT GATES (Iwill miss him, good man !!) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
FROM ROBERT GATES (Iwill miss him, good man !!) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
FROM ROBERT GATES (Iwill miss him, good man !!) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
FROM ROBERT GATES (Iwill miss him, good man !!) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
FROM ROBERT GATES (Iwill miss him, good man !!) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
FROM ROBERT GATES (Iwill miss him, good man !!) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
FROM ROBERT GATES (Iwill miss him, good man !!) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
FROM ROBERT GATES (Iwill miss him, good man !!) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
FROM ROBERT GATES (Iwill miss him, good man !!) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
FROM ROBERT GATES (Iwill miss him, good man !!) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
FROM ROBERT GATES (Iwill miss him, good man !!) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
FROM ROBERT GATES (Iwill miss him, good man !!) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
FROM ROBERT GATES (Iwill miss him, good man !!) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

FROM ROBERT GATES (Iwill miss him, good man !!)

Go down

FROM ROBERT GATES (Iwill miss him, good man !!) Empty FROM ROBERT GATES (Iwill miss him, good man !!)

Post by darjohn Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:41 am

To the Men and Women of the United States Armed Forces: Tomorrow, 30 June 2011, I will retire as Secretary of Defense. It has been the greatest honor of my life to serve and to lead you for the past four and a half years. All of that time we have been engaged in two wars and countless other operations.

It has been a difficult time for you and for your families, from long and repeated deployments for those in all four services -- and the associated long separations from loved ones -- to the anguish of those of you who have lost friends and family in combat or those of you who have suffered visible and invisible wounds of war yourselves. But your dedication, courage and skill have kept America safe even while bringing the war in Iraq to a successful conclusion and, I believe, at last turning the tide in Afghanistan. Your countrymen owe you their freedom and their security. They sleep safely at night and pursue their dreams during the day because you stand the watch and protect them.

For four and a half years, I have signed the orders deploying you, all too often into harm's way. This has weighed on me every day. I have known about and felt your hardship, your difficulties, your sacrifice more than you can possibly imagine. I have felt personally responsible for each of you, and so I have tried to do all I could to provide whatever was needed so you could complete your missions successfully and come home safely -- and, if hurt, get the fastest and best care in the world.

You are the best that America has to offer. My admiration and affection for you is without limit, and I will think about you and your families and pray for you every day for the rest of my life. God bless you.
http://www.defense.gov//speeches/speech.aspx?speechid=1590

darjohn
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum