Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Iraq Eyes Cutting Imports With New Basra Dairy Plant I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Iraq Eyes Cutting Imports With New Basra Dairy Plant I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
Iraq Eyes Cutting Imports With New Basra Dairy Plant I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Iraq Eyes Cutting Imports With New Basra Dairy Plant I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Iraq Eyes Cutting Imports With New Basra Dairy Plant I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Iraq Eyes Cutting Imports With New Basra Dairy Plant I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Iraq Eyes Cutting Imports With New Basra Dairy Plant I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Iraq Eyes Cutting Imports With New Basra Dairy Plant I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Iraq Eyes Cutting Imports With New Basra Dairy Plant I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Iraq Eyes Cutting Imports With New Basra Dairy Plant I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Iraq Eyes Cutting Imports With New Basra Dairy Plant I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Iraq Eyes Cutting Imports With New Basra Dairy Plant I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Iraq Eyes Cutting Imports With New Basra Dairy Plant I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Iraq Eyes Cutting Imports With New Basra Dairy Plant I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Iraq Eyes Cutting Imports With New Basra Dairy Plant I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Iraq Eyes Cutting Imports With New Basra Dairy Plant I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Iraq Eyes Cutting Imports With New Basra Dairy Plant I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Iraq Eyes Cutting Imports With New Basra Dairy Plant I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
Iraq Eyes Cutting Imports With New Basra Dairy Plant I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
Iraq Eyes Cutting Imports With New Basra Dairy Plant I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

Iraq Eyes Cutting Imports With New Basra Dairy Plant

2 posters

Go down

Iraq Eyes Cutting Imports With New Basra Dairy Plant Empty Iraq Eyes Cutting Imports With New Basra Dairy Plant

Post by GirlBye Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:09 pm

Iraq Eyes Cutting Imports With New Basra Dairy Plant FB9D3E55-1567-4F53-B0E3-B9DFC68E30CF_w1023_r1_s
Various of Dairy Bottles Moving on Conveyor Belt At Basra Factory

A new $10 million plant for dairy products has recently launched its operations in the southern Iraqi city of Basra, in an effort to cut Iraq's heavy reliance on imports from Iran and address shortages caused by U.S. sanctions on the neighbouring country.
The factory, which operates with a capacity of 10 tonnes per hour, aims to serve rising local demand in Basra and expand to other provinces as the Iraqi government hopes to turn the southern city into an investment destination.

"We came to Basra in 2013 and we found it a suitable place for investment as it is close to the sea port and several border crossings. In addition, it has an international airport," factory director Bilal Ahmed said.

The plant was launched last month with Lebanese investment. Iraq has previously published a list of some 157 projects for which it is seeking investment. Baghdad has said it is determined to tackle corruption that hampers investment.

"The factory will largely contribute more to covering the local need in Basra and extend to some other provinces. Therefore, the quantity produced by the factory should be increased to compensate shortage caused by lack of imports either from Iran or any other countries. This will be positively reflected on the development of the infrastructure of factories producing food products and other plants," director of Basra Investment Authority, Ali Chasb, said.

Basra's consumption of dairy products is the highest in Iraq, with daily consumption in the summer reaching 250 tonnes per day, one local trader estimated.
"We hope that more factories will be established, two or three at each province. For example, if this province has two dairy factories and are not enough to meet the need of its population, we can buy from other nearby provinces such as Nasiriya. Therefore, the provinces will compete among each other for producing the best," local trader, Abdul Kadim Hamadi, said.

Iraq invited foreign investors last year to help in the reconstruction process after defeating Islamic State. The government said up to $100 billion would be needed to rebuild its war-torn cities.

The United States has granted Iraq a 45-day waiver over Iran sanctions to import gas earlier this month, several days after reimposing sanctions on Tehran's oil sector.

Iraq central bank officials said in August that the country's economy is so closely linked to Iran. Earlier this month, Iraq's president urged the United States to consider Baghdad's political and economic position as the countries negotiate on relief for Iraq from Washington's reimposed sanctions against Iran.
The current temporary waiver is conditional on Iraq not paying Iran for imports in U.S. dollars.

https://en.radiofarda.com/a/iraq-eyes-cutting-imports-with-new-basra-dairy-plant/29613233.html
GirlBye
GirlBye
VIP NewsHound
VIP NewsHound

Back to top Go down

Iraq Eyes Cutting Imports With New Basra Dairy Plant Empty Re: Iraq Eyes Cutting Imports With New Basra Dairy Plant

Post by Terbo56 Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:54 pm

MMMMMMMMMM, YUMMY!!  Hope it ain't what I'm thinking it is... lmao sarcastic omg
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Iraq Eyes Cutting Imports With New Basra Dairy Plant Empty Re: Iraq Eyes Cutting Imports With New Basra Dairy Plant

Post by Terbo56 Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:09 pm

MMMMMMMMMM, YUMMY!!  Hope it ain't what I'm thinking it is... lmao sarcastic omg
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum