Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Iraq -  "POTUS to Pay off National Debt" - Fri. PM TNT Thoughts/News 11/16/18 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Iraq -  "POTUS to Pay off National Debt" - Fri. PM TNT Thoughts/News 11/16/18 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
Iraq -  "POTUS to Pay off National Debt" - Fri. PM TNT Thoughts/News 11/16/18 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Iraq -  "POTUS to Pay off National Debt" - Fri. PM TNT Thoughts/News 11/16/18 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Iraq -  "POTUS to Pay off National Debt" - Fri. PM TNT Thoughts/News 11/16/18 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Iraq -  "POTUS to Pay off National Debt" - Fri. PM TNT Thoughts/News 11/16/18 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Iraq -  "POTUS to Pay off National Debt" - Fri. PM TNT Thoughts/News 11/16/18 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Iraq -  "POTUS to Pay off National Debt" - Fri. PM TNT Thoughts/News 11/16/18 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Iraq -  "POTUS to Pay off National Debt" - Fri. PM TNT Thoughts/News 11/16/18 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Iraq -  "POTUS to Pay off National Debt" - Fri. PM TNT Thoughts/News 11/16/18 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Iraq -  "POTUS to Pay off National Debt" - Fri. PM TNT Thoughts/News 11/16/18 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Iraq -  "POTUS to Pay off National Debt" - Fri. PM TNT Thoughts/News 11/16/18 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Iraq -  "POTUS to Pay off National Debt" - Fri. PM TNT Thoughts/News 11/16/18 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Iraq -  "POTUS to Pay off National Debt" - Fri. PM TNT Thoughts/News 11/16/18 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Iraq -  "POTUS to Pay off National Debt" - Fri. PM TNT Thoughts/News 11/16/18 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Iraq -  "POTUS to Pay off National Debt" - Fri. PM TNT Thoughts/News 11/16/18 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Iraq -  "POTUS to Pay off National Debt" - Fri. PM TNT Thoughts/News 11/16/18 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Iraq -  "POTUS to Pay off National Debt" - Fri. PM TNT Thoughts/News 11/16/18 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
Iraq -  "POTUS to Pay off National Debt" - Fri. PM TNT Thoughts/News 11/16/18 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
Iraq -  "POTUS to Pay off National Debt" - Fri. PM TNT Thoughts/News 11/16/18 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

"POTUS to Pay off National Debt" - Fri. PM TNT Thoughts/News 11/16/18

Go down

Iraq -  "POTUS to Pay off National Debt" - Fri. PM TNT Thoughts/News 11/16/18 Empty "POTUS to Pay off National Debt" - Fri. PM TNT Thoughts/News 11/16/18

Post by Ssmith Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:40 am

TNT

Red:

POTUS said he is going to pay off our national debt for the USA in his second part of his term , where is 22 Trillion going to come from ? just thinking out loud

SusanaC:
Then--red that maybe indicates that the gov has invested in the rv..so like tony and ray said many times...it is done sure enough it is done

Red:
USA treasure is behind all this never think the USA didnt buy boat load of this currency , all of the different ones too.

SusanaC:
Yes red --if it happens as tony said 5-8 currencies in a basket u aand i and tnt are a go a GO...the rise will help make more money until it settles and the contract rates will make even more money

RVAlready:
As I understand it, we have 7 trillion Dinar to liquidate against future oil credits. That could take out the debt, if they were determined to do it.

Red:
there is no shortage of money except with the poor folks and that is changing for 30 million of us.

Harambe:
Bloomberg: Iraq Resumes Oil Exports From Kirkuk After Year-Long Halt

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-11-16/iraq-resumes-oil-ex​ports-from-kirkuk-after-year-long-halt

CNBC: Oil prices rise on expectations for supply cut
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/16/oil-markets-opec-us-crude-supply-in-fo​cus.html

Zzzzzzzz:
Brett McGurk ‏Verified account @brett_mcgurk 1h1 hour ago Brett McGurk Retweeted Reuters Top News Excellent news from #Baghdad on restarting oil exports from #Kirkuk to Ceyhan and international markets under a new arrangement negotiated between the Government of #Iraq and the #Kurdistan Regional Government. Significant progress.

Tishwash:
on the eve of three official holidays

Shafaq News / Kurdistan Region witnesses two holidays during the remainder of this year. And a third holiday on the first day of the new year.

According to the schedule of official holidays in the region, the holidays will be distributed between 20/11 of this month, which will be the birth of the Prophet of Islam Muhammad.

And will disrupt the Kurdistan Region official time on 25/12 next month on the birth of Jesus Christ.

The province will also receive New Year's Day with disruption link

'Rushed currency reform could harm Zimbabwe economy'

Rushing to implement currency reforms without sufficient stocks of foreign currency to back up the transition would have serious adverse effects on Zimbabwe's economy, which would cause suffering of citizens, global lenders have warned.

As such, Government has been cautioned to maintain the current currency approach, where Real Time Gross Settlement and bond notes are part of the multi-currency basket, until the fundamentals improve to sustain drastic currency reforms.

This comes as Finance and Economic Development Minister Professor Mthuli Ncube - since his appointment in September persistently made pronouncements on the need for immediate currency reforms premised on one of three options namely; abolishment of exchange controls and bond notes by year-end, joining the Rand Monetary Area and introduction of the local currency backed by foreign currency reserves.

Again, at Chatham House in October this year, the minister said the economy was self-dollarising and advised that the bond notes, Zimbabwe's surrogate currency, which officially is ranked at par with the US dollar, would consequently be demonetised.

Global lenders' concerns

However, diplomatic sources told Business Weekly this week that global lenders, particularly the International Monetary Fund "cautiously advised" Minister Ncube that such an approach would have serious negative effects on the economy and could plunge people into extreme poverty.

"It is very unusual for institutions like the IMF to advocate for controls, but on the current situation of Zimbabwe, they feel maintaining the status core is more ideal," said one diplomatic source, requesting not to be named.

"They shared their views with the Minister (Ncube)."

"The IMF also advised on the need for pragmatic approach in dealing with the economic situation rather than an academic or theoretical approach to undertake reforms."

Another source with an international financial institution, said currency reforms can only be effective if they are done post fiscal reforms as doing so before dealing with the latter will bring the country back to similar challenges as those being experienced now.

He said Zimbabwe's problems are fiscal, while currency challenges are just symptoms.

"So you need to deal with fiscal reforms, if you look at the Transitional Stabilisation Programme, the perception is that there is no plan, there are one or two measures here and there, but you don't see the picture yet.

"The main problem is lack of detail, it's a good starting point, but the objectives are so broadly defined and you don't know what it means."

"For us the issue is let's fix the fiscal issue, and the currency will be the next step, because if we haven't fixed the fiscal, we will have the same problem in six months' time, and nothing would have been solved.

"So I think the currency is a symptom of an underlying problem, no matter what currency they choose in the end, as long as the fiscal is not fixed, the currency will fail," said the official who cannot be named for diplomatic reasons.

The caution against rushed reforms come in the wake of the price spiral that ensued wild swings of foreign exchange rates on the parallel markets, used by business that cannot get forex from the central bank under its priority list allocation framework.

Gradual approach to resolving the challenges

Proponents of a gradual approach to resolving challenges besetting Zimbabwe's economy argue the country needs to first increase production, exports, build forex reserves and reopen external lines of credit before instituting drastic currency reforms.

For instance, the central bank says Zimbabwe requires foreign currency import cover for three months of at least $1 billion to cushion the country from the potential shock repercussions, which can be caused by shortage of hard foreign currency.

With the central bank unable to allocate foreign currency to every sector of the economy, the parallel market has become a major source of the scarce commodity. To a significant extend this has a bearing on the behaviour of commodity prices in the market, as the pricing has tended to track movement of the foreign exchange rates.

Speaking to journalists after the swearing in ceremony of the new Cabinet, Prof Ncube said the currency reforms were necessary since the current approach was not working. "I am very clear that there have to be currency reforms," he said.

Prof Ncube reiterated the statement at Chatham House in the United Kingdom saying "the market is setting the pace. What is left for us is choreography and management of economic fundamentals.

"The economy has dollarised (and) the bond note will be demonetised at the same point because it was already a surrogate local currency, but without fundamentals to support it." link

>>>TNTBS's YouTube Channel<<<
Ssmith
Ssmith
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum