Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Iraq to launch investigation into millions of dollars 'missing' from public bank  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Iraq to launch investigation into millions of dollars 'missing' from public bank  I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
Iraq to launch investigation into millions of dollars 'missing' from public bank  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Iraq to launch investigation into millions of dollars 'missing' from public bank  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Iraq to launch investigation into millions of dollars 'missing' from public bank  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Iraq to launch investigation into millions of dollars 'missing' from public bank  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Iraq to launch investigation into millions of dollars 'missing' from public bank  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Iraq to launch investigation into millions of dollars 'missing' from public bank  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Iraq to launch investigation into millions of dollars 'missing' from public bank  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Iraq to launch investigation into millions of dollars 'missing' from public bank  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Iraq to launch investigation into millions of dollars 'missing' from public bank  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Iraq to launch investigation into millions of dollars 'missing' from public bank  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Iraq to launch investigation into millions of dollars 'missing' from public bank  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Iraq to launch investigation into millions of dollars 'missing' from public bank  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Iraq to launch investigation into millions of dollars 'missing' from public bank  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Iraq to launch investigation into millions of dollars 'missing' from public bank  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Iraq to launch investigation into millions of dollars 'missing' from public bank  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Iraq to launch investigation into millions of dollars 'missing' from public bank  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
Iraq to launch investigation into millions of dollars 'missing' from public bank  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
Iraq to launch investigation into millions of dollars 'missing' from public bank  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

Iraq to launch investigation into millions of dollars 'missing' from public bank

Go down

Iraq to launch investigation into millions of dollars 'missing' from public bank  Empty Iraq to launch investigation into millions of dollars 'missing' from public bank

Post by GirlBye Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:41 pm

Central bank blames heavy rain for damaged bills and legislators ask for evidence
Iraq to launch investigation into millions of dollars 'missing' from public bank  IRAQ-MONEY-PIC
Ali Al Alaq, the Governor of the Central Bank of Iraq. (Photo: Antonie Robertson/The National) 

Iraq's parliament is expected to launch a probe to determine how $6 million worth of local currency stored in public bank coffers was damaged by heavy rain.

Central Bank Governor Ali Allaq appeared in front of lawmakers in parliament on Monday to answer questions on the case which dates back five years.

"At the end of 2013, the vaults of the Rafidain Bank were flooded because of huge rains at the time, damaging the bills that were stored there," Mr Allaq said, adding that they were worth around seven billion Iraqi dinars.

Lack of transparency and unreliable governance has been at the heart of Iraq's woes, made worse by the effects of a costly three-year war against ISIS that coincided with a dip in oil prices.

Mr Allaq said the central bank reprinted new bills to replace the soaked ones but, since the money had not been in circulation, the only real "loss" was the cost of printing.

His comments however did not reassure Iraqi politicians that attended the six-hour parliamentary session. A number of lawmakers requested evidence and data confirmation that the damaged was caused by water from heavy rainfall.

"The information that was presented to us indicates that the damaged currency is 12 billion Iraqi dinars, not seven billion," Ahmad Hama Rashid, a member of the Iraqi parliament's finance committee said.

Mr Rashid said during the next parliamentary session Mr Allaq will be questioned and will have to provide solid evidence to the cabinet.
Former politican, Hanan Al Fatlawi, called on Prime Minister Adel Abdul Mahdi to hold Mr Allaq accountable for the loss of funds.

"The Central Bank governor and director of Rafidain Bank need to be held accountable for negligence," Ms Al Fatlawi said on Twitter.
According to parliament, corruption, shell companies an "phantom" public employees who receive salaries but do not work have cost Iraq the equivalent of $228 billion dollars since 2003. The figure is more than Iraq's gross domestic product and nearly double the annual budget.

Iraq is ranked 169 out of 180 countries in Transparency International’s corruption perception index, with the lowest state being the most corrupt.

https://www.thenational.ae/world/mena/iraq-to-launch-investigation-into-millions-of-dollars-missing-from-public-bank-1.791653
GirlBye
GirlBye
VIP NewsHound
VIP NewsHound

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum