Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» I am too pretty for math, but....
Maybe Its Time to Wake Up and Do Your Own Thinking I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2024 6:56 pm by Mission1st

» Interesting article
Maybe Its Time to Wake Up and Do Your Own Thinking I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2024 6:34 pm by Mission1st

» Phony Tony: New Platform, same old song and dance
Maybe Its Time to Wake Up and Do Your Own Thinking I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2024 6:32 pm by Mission1st

» The Craziness of Scam by "Tony TNT Renfrow" and the Iraqi Dinar Currency Scam
Maybe Its Time to Wake Up and Do Your Own Thinking I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2024 12:26 pm by Mission1st

» Even conspiratorial currency speculators aren’t buying a Russian ruble revalue - It’s not the next the Iraqi dinar
Maybe Its Time to Wake Up and Do Your Own Thinking I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2024 1:04 pm by RamblerNash

» Go Russia
Maybe Its Time to Wake Up and Do Your Own Thinking I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2024 5:20 am by Dorotnas

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
Maybe Its Time to Wake Up and Do Your Own Thinking I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2024 5:02 pm by Dorotnas

» Carnival Rides
Maybe Its Time to Wake Up and Do Your Own Thinking I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 5:03 pm by kenlej

» Go Russia
Maybe Its Time to Wake Up and Do Your Own Thinking I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
Maybe Its Time to Wake Up and Do Your Own Thinking I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Maybe Its Time to Wake Up and Do Your Own Thinking I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Maybe Its Time to Wake Up and Do Your Own Thinking I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Maybe Its Time to Wake Up and Do Your Own Thinking I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Maybe Its Time to Wake Up and Do Your Own Thinking I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Maybe Its Time to Wake Up and Do Your Own Thinking I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Maybe Its Time to Wake Up and Do Your Own Thinking I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Maybe Its Time to Wake Up and Do Your Own Thinking I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Maybe Its Time to Wake Up and Do Your Own Thinking I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Maybe Its Time to Wake Up and Do Your Own Thinking I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Maybe Its Time to Wake Up and Do Your Own Thinking I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

Maybe Its Time to Wake Up and Do Your Own Thinking

2 posters

Go down

Maybe Its Time to Wake Up and Do Your Own Thinking Empty Maybe Its Time to Wake Up and Do Your Own Thinking

Post by phantomssecret Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:58 pm

Everyone, especially living in the Dinar World, has been exposed to information about changes that are headed our way.

No one likes change!

Here is the latest example of a change we are going to be faced with. Did anyone ask you?

Think about it...

Most do not believe the Conspiracy Theories. Most don't believe the stories circulating about the events effecting the RV.

You shouldn't believe everything you are told.

You should do your own thinking - but make it an educated thought, not one based on emotion!

Be aware - you will not be told by the media every time a change is headed your way - - - this is why your information network is invaluable. Protect it. Do not destroy it with your attitude.

Here's just one of many of the latest examples of CHANGE in your little world. It's coming and it will effect you...think about that...Remember the 'ripples on the pond' analogy.

Is It Time to Ditch Your Debit Card?
by SmartMoney staff
Friday, September 30, 2011

provided by
SMlogo

What's the least-friendly piece of plastic in your wallet? With Bank of America's recent announcement that it will start charging for debit card use, upset customers might say there's a strong argument it's the debit card — and increasingly, there are better alternatives.

More from SmartMoney.com:

• The New Soft Sell

• 'Exclusive' Deals: Worth Your Money?

• 50% Off? Repeat Groupon Customers Can Do Better

The change in debit card terms has been gradual. Most recently, Bank of America announced its plans to levy a $5 monthly fee for making debit-card purchases starting next year. Banks including Wells Fargo, SunTrust and Chase have already eliminated debit rewards programs, and Chase, PNC and TD Bank are testing ATM fees as high as $5 a pop in some markets.

Given the rising costs, consumers may be better off without debit cards at all, says Dennis Moroney, senior analyst covering bank cards at TowerGroup consulting firm. "I never understood why people wanted debit cards in the first place," he says.

Credit cards can often be a better fit. Consumers who pay off their balances in full avoid expensive interest charges and fees, often while earning rewards of 1% or better. And as recent data breaches have highlighted, credit cards offer better protections than debit cards in the case of fraud or theft. (When debit cards are stolen, consumers risk losing everything in their checking account if they don't report the theft before the card is used.)

Banks are also expected to start pushing prepaid cards as a debit alternative, says Odysseas Papadimitriou, chief executive at credit-card comparison web site CardHub.com. American Express became the first major bank to introduce one earlier this year. Of course, most of these cards aren't free either. Users with the American Express prepaid card get one free ATM withdrawal each month, then pay $2 for each one thereafter — in addition to any fees the ATM's owner might charge. The Green Dot Gold Prepaid Visa card may seem closer to a traditional debit card: For someone who signs up for direct monthly deposits of at least $2,000 and visits the ATM at least once a week, the card levies no additional fees, according to CardHub.com.

Remember cash? No fees or fine print, and more businesses are offering discounts for shoppers who use it. Of course, if it's stolen, there's no way to recover it. So even consumers who go cash-only should maintain a checking account with ATMs convenient to work and home, says Richard Barrington, an analyst at MoneyRates.com, which tracks bank rates.

For anyone who still really wants a debit card, smaller banks and credit unions may be the best alternatives. At online bank PerkStreet, for example, customers can earn up to 2% cash back on their debit purchases, as well as 5% on specific categories, like housing or dining, that change each month. (The bank has 37,000 ATMs throughout the country.) At Sovereign Bank, debit card holders get up to 20% cash back on purchases at more than 1,200 retailers, including Restaurant.com, TurboTax and Brookstone, which is then credited to their checking account.

Readers, would you pay $60 per year to use your debit card?

phantomssecret
phantomssecret
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Maybe Its Time to Wake Up and Do Your Own Thinking Empty Re: Maybe Its Time to Wake Up and Do Your Own Thinking

Post by SEBtopdog Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:06 pm

That is great food for thought, phantomssecret! We've all been thinking credit cards are bad ... nasty ... get rid of 'em. But perhaps they are a better alternative to the debit card.

B of A's website crashed early Friday morning and was down all day. People were reacting by the millions to the announcement of the $5/mo. fee for debit card use. I was glad the peeps reacted so forcefully, but it made it hard for our business to get some things done we normally do on the B of A site.

Maybe Its Time to Wake Up and Do Your Own Thinking Emoticon-animal-028

Keep smiling ... It'll make 'em wonder what you're up to!

Maybe Its Time to Wake Up and Do Your Own Thinking Bump~0 Will someone please let the RV Widget out of the jar?
SEBtopdog
SEBtopdog
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Maybe Its Time to Wake Up and Do Your Own Thinking Empty repercussions

Post by phantomssecret Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:53 pm

It's a headache when choices made by others ruin your day - thus your difficulties on the job!

These fees and changes are just their foot in the door and a small peek at what is really going on behind closed doors.

Remember a few years ago when a very popular video rental business stated in an interview that they made more money off of LATE FEES than they made off of their annual receipts for video rentals!

Shortly after that ALL of the banks, utility companies, credit card companies, basically any business began charging fees. Not just the traditional late fees - which most took an increase in, by the way - but a service fee, a use-age fee, etc. They found a way to boost revenues without having to file for permission or change the way they did things. Everyone was free to add a name for their fee, the consumer was helpless and they were able to charge more money.

Now unfortunately, what happens when the cost of doing business is increased?

The expense is passed on to the people they do business with. NO ONE can afford to absorb additional costs on a regular basis and be productive.

People are happy with minimum wage rates are increased. But what happens? The price of your fast food, for example goes up. So what used to be a dollar goes to $1.09 or more. So the person that is barely scraping by on minimum wage, for example, really doesn't gain as the cost of goods increases accordingly.

It's a tough battle. Hopefully the warm hearts and humanitarian efforts being planned will
be made available to the little guy as well as the ones that receive a huge amount of publicity.

Remember the single moms who could use a washer & dryer in their home.

The young adult, the widowed, the veteran, the unhealthy, the list goes on.
You can't fix all of the problems or solve the heartbreak of the world.

But you can make a difference in your corner of the world and hopefully those you help reach out to someone else. It's a nice thought - but it is not an easy concept.
phantomssecret
phantomssecret
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum