Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Iraq's new oil minister has a top priority: Pump more oil I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Iraq's new oil minister has a top priority: Pump more oil I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Iraq's new oil minister has a top priority: Pump more oil I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Iraq's new oil minister has a top priority: Pump more oil I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Iraq's new oil minister has a top priority: Pump more oil I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Iraq's new oil minister has a top priority: Pump more oil I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Iraq's new oil minister has a top priority: Pump more oil I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Iraq's new oil minister has a top priority: Pump more oil I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Iraq's new oil minister has a top priority: Pump more oil I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Iraq's new oil minister has a top priority: Pump more oil I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Iraq's new oil minister has a top priority: Pump more oil I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Iraq's new oil minister has a top priority: Pump more oil I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Iraq's new oil minister has a top priority: Pump more oil I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Iraq's new oil minister has a top priority: Pump more oil I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Iraq's new oil minister has a top priority: Pump more oil I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Iraq's new oil minister has a top priority: Pump more oil I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Iraq's new oil minister has a top priority: Pump more oil I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Iraq's new oil minister has a top priority: Pump more oil I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Iraq's new oil minister has a top priority: Pump more oil I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Iraq's new oil minister has a top priority: Pump more oil I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

Iraq's new oil minister has a top priority: Pump more oil

2 posters

Go down

Iraq's new oil minister has a top priority: Pump more oil Empty Iraq's new oil minister has a top priority: Pump more oil

Post by GirlBye Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:12 am

Iraq's new oil minister has a top priority: Pump more oil 940x940

Iraq will increase oil output and work with other OPEC nations to assure “fair” prices for buyers and producers, according to the nation’s new Oil Minister Thamir Ghadhban.

Iraq will play a constructive, positive and influential role in OPEC," Ghadhban said in an interview overnight after his appointment to replace Jabbar al-Luaibi was announced. “We will work to increase output and export capacity for Iraq and also to diversify export terminals and improve the infrastructure.”

OPEC’s second biggest producer after Saudi Arabia has largely rebuilt its energy industry after decades of sanctions and wars. Iraq is pumping a record 4.78 million barrels day, al-Luaibi said last weekend. 

Its exports have increased over the past few years and reached a two-year high of 4.062 million barrels a day in September, according to tanker tracking and data compiled by Bloomberg.

The Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries is set to meet with allies including Russia in December and may sign a permanent deal to cooperate on intervening in the market, Saudi Energy Minister Khalid Al-Falih said at a conference in Riyadh this week. Brent crude prices have climbed 13 percent this year as producers cut output to remove a glut.

Thamir, the country’s former oil minister, was Iraq’s candidate for the post of OPEC secretary general in the race against Saudi Arabia and Iran for the organization’s top job, which was eventually won by Nigeria’s Mohammad Barkindo in 2016.

Right after the U.S.-led military invasion that ousted the regime of Saddam Hussein, Ghadhban assembled an interim management team to take charge of the oil ministry and help boost crude production and exports. He was officially appointed as oil minister in 2004 and 2005. Before the war, he was head of planning at the ministry.

Ghadhban was trained as a geologist and petroleum reservoir engineer at Imperial College in London. He worked on the Basra oil fields for 16 years, ran the national reservoirs and in 1992 was promoted to director of planning.

Later that year he was arrested under the orders of General Hussein Kamel, Saddam Hussein’s son-in-law. He was charged with showing contempt for the president by calling for democratic reform, criticizing presidential palaces and supporting Shiite uprisings in the south. He was released after 48 days in jail, and then returned to the ministry at a lower rank. It took him a decade to work his way back to his previous title.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/energy/article/Iraq-s-New-Oil-Minister-Has-a-Top-Priority-Pump-13335320.php
GirlBye
GirlBye
VIP NewsHound
VIP NewsHound

Back to top Go down

Iraq's new oil minister has a top priority: Pump more oil Empty Re: Iraq's new oil minister has a top priority: Pump more oil

Post by Terbo56 Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:57 am

Yep, Iraq and OPEC are bound and determined to squeeze everyone for more of their money-Here's a new concept, just put an embargo on their oil, and boycott the ships coming to this country, there's MORE than enough oil in this country, along with what hasn't been explored, so, in essence, WTF do we need their oil for, anyway? The oil in our country, in the ground, will last for well over 150 years, so what's the problem? Look at the glut of oil there is in this country- They've gotten rich off the Americans backs for decades, and it's HIGH time the tables were turned- Put an embargo on foreign oil, and they'd back off, that you can be sure of-If they continue TRYING to ship their oil here, torpedo their tankers right where they sit-Maybe THEN they will get the picture-Great article, GirlBye!! Thank you!!
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Iraq's new oil minister has a top priority: Pump more oil Empty Re: Iraq's new oil minister has a top priority: Pump more oil

Post by Terbo56 Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:47 pm

Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum