Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Former Oil Co. Execs Found Guilty of Fraud, Money Laundering in UK I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Former Oil Co. Execs Found Guilty of Fraud, Money Laundering in UK I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
Former Oil Co. Execs Found Guilty of Fraud, Money Laundering in UK I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Former Oil Co. Execs Found Guilty of Fraud, Money Laundering in UK I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Former Oil Co. Execs Found Guilty of Fraud, Money Laundering in UK I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Former Oil Co. Execs Found Guilty of Fraud, Money Laundering in UK I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Former Oil Co. Execs Found Guilty of Fraud, Money Laundering in UK I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Former Oil Co. Execs Found Guilty of Fraud, Money Laundering in UK I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Former Oil Co. Execs Found Guilty of Fraud, Money Laundering in UK I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Former Oil Co. Execs Found Guilty of Fraud, Money Laundering in UK I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Former Oil Co. Execs Found Guilty of Fraud, Money Laundering in UK I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Former Oil Co. Execs Found Guilty of Fraud, Money Laundering in UK I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Former Oil Co. Execs Found Guilty of Fraud, Money Laundering in UK I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Former Oil Co. Execs Found Guilty of Fraud, Money Laundering in UK I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Former Oil Co. Execs Found Guilty of Fraud, Money Laundering in UK I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Former Oil Co. Execs Found Guilty of Fraud, Money Laundering in UK I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Former Oil Co. Execs Found Guilty of Fraud, Money Laundering in UK I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Former Oil Co. Execs Found Guilty of Fraud, Money Laundering in UK I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
Former Oil Co. Execs Found Guilty of Fraud, Money Laundering in UK I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
Former Oil Co. Execs Found Guilty of Fraud, Money Laundering in UK I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

Former Oil Co. Execs Found Guilty of Fraud, Money Laundering in UK

Go down

Former Oil Co. Execs Found Guilty of Fraud, Money Laundering in UK Empty Former Oil Co. Execs Found Guilty of Fraud, Money Laundering in UK

Post by GirlBye Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:40 pm

Former Oil Co. Execs Found Guilty of Fraud, Money Laundering in UK Im-32598?width=620&aspect_ratio=1

Two former executives of oil and gas company Afren PLC were guilty of fraud and money laundering that involved personal gains of more than $17 million for the pair, a jury found on Wednesday.

Osman Shahenshah, Afren’s former chief executive, and Shahid Ullah, the company’s former chief operating officer, had a side deal with a business partner in Nigeria that allowed them to extract payments of about $45 million, the U.K.’s Serious Fraud Office said in a statement.

“Instead of acting in their company’s best interests, they used Afren like a personal bank account to fund an illicit deal, with no regard for the consequences,” Lisa Osofsky, the SFO’s director, said in the statement.

Afren, an African-focused exploration and production company, was a constituent of the FTSE 250 group of companies and reported $1.6 billion in revenue in 2013.

The company entered administration in July 2015 after its financial standing was rocked by flagging oil prices, impairment charges relating to reserves in Iraq’s Kurdistan region, and the disclosure in 2014 of the receipt of unauthorized payments by some of its executives and directors.

Stephen Gentle, of Simons and Simons LLC, is representing Mr. Shahenshah, and wasn’t immediately available to comment. David Grant of Locke Lord LLC is representing Mr. Ullah, and didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment.
Mr. Shahenshah was a member of the board at Afren and various affiliates of the company from 2004, when Afren was founded, according to regulatory filings. He left the CEO role in late 2014. Mr. Ullah was appointed to Afren’s board in 2008 and resigned in October of 2014.

Messrs. Shahenshah and Ullah recommended to Afren’s board a $300 million transaction with Oriental Energy Resources Ltd., the company’s oil field partner in Nigeria, the SFO said.

The board was unaware that the pair had a deal with Oriental under which they would receive 15% of the transaction’s total value. The money was paid to a shell company controlled by the defendants. The prosecutor said they bought houses in Mustique and the British Virgin Islands with the proceeds of the fraud.

The SFO launched an investigation into Afren’s executives in June 2015, after the company disclosed a report of an internal investigation that uncovered suspicious transactions.

https://blogs.wsj.com/riskandcompliance/2018/10/24/former-oil-co-execs-found-guilty-of-fraud-money-laundering-in-uk/
GirlBye
GirlBye
VIP NewsHound
VIP NewsHound

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum