Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
15 years on, Iraq waits on Malaysia to reopen embassy I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
15 years on, Iraq waits on Malaysia to reopen embassy I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
15 years on, Iraq waits on Malaysia to reopen embassy I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
15 years on, Iraq waits on Malaysia to reopen embassy I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
15 years on, Iraq waits on Malaysia to reopen embassy I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
15 years on, Iraq waits on Malaysia to reopen embassy I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
15 years on, Iraq waits on Malaysia to reopen embassy I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
15 years on, Iraq waits on Malaysia to reopen embassy I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
15 years on, Iraq waits on Malaysia to reopen embassy I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
15 years on, Iraq waits on Malaysia to reopen embassy I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
15 years on, Iraq waits on Malaysia to reopen embassy I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
15 years on, Iraq waits on Malaysia to reopen embassy I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
15 years on, Iraq waits on Malaysia to reopen embassy I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
15 years on, Iraq waits on Malaysia to reopen embassy I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
15 years on, Iraq waits on Malaysia to reopen embassy I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
15 years on, Iraq waits on Malaysia to reopen embassy I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
15 years on, Iraq waits on Malaysia to reopen embassy I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
15 years on, Iraq waits on Malaysia to reopen embassy I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
15 years on, Iraq waits on Malaysia to reopen embassy I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
15 years on, Iraq waits on Malaysia to reopen embassy I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

15 years on, Iraq waits on Malaysia to reopen embassy

Go down

15 years on, Iraq waits on Malaysia to reopen embassy Empty 15 years on, Iraq waits on Malaysia to reopen embassy

Post by GirlBye Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:00 pm

15 years on, Iraq waits on Malaysia to reopen embassy 7bd1c3463d6b4ef80b5529568c9460d7
In the larger interest of the two countries, Iraq hopes Malaysia will soon reopen its embassy in Baghdad, says chargé d'affaires of the Embassy of Iraq in Malaysia, Hassan Muhsen Al-Haidari.

Hassan said hopes were much higher than before, with the new government ruling Malaysia.
This was manifested in the congratulatory letter sent by Iraqi Prime Minister Haider Al-Abadi to his Malaysian counterpart Dr Mahathir Mohamad.

Hassan said many countries had reopened their embassies after the Iraq War in 2003, but Malaysia, which had long-standing relations with Baghdad had yet to follow the footsteps of the other countries.
In an interview with Bernama recently, he pointed out that Malaysia had thrice sent delegates to Iraq since 2014 to assess the situation in Baghdad, but so far to no avail.

According to a report, Malaysia shut down its embassy in Baghdad in March 2003 during the war.
Hassan said many Malaysians were interested to forge business links in Iraq and had made enquiries at the Iraqi embassy here. Nevertheless, they hesitated or put a stop to their plans when they came to know that the Malaysian embassy had been closed for many years.

He said re-opening the embassy could help facilitate many different levels of ties and links between Iraq and Malaysia and the people of the two brotherly Muslim countries.

He stressed the presence of a Malaysian embassy would go a long way in enhancing bilateral ties, especially in trade, investment, economy, education, tourism and cultural fields and at the same time, strengthen people-to-people ties and promote new areas of cooperation.

“Here, we are trying to help as many Malaysians as possible, who are enquiring various matters on Iraq like business and trading opportunities...but they can only gain confidence if they also liaise with Malaysian embassy officials. Unfortunately, the embassy has remained shut for many years,” he said.

Currently, Malaysia’s interests in Iraq are represented by Malaysia’s embassy in neighbouring Jordan. Iraq opened its embassy in Kuala Lumpur in the mid-1970s. There are currently 50 foreign embassies and many consulates based in Iraq.

15 years on, Iraq waits on Malaysia to reopen embassy 65fbe064a3c6b2a86aba8231a13d6c58

In the context of bilateral relations, Hassan pointed out that Petronas, Malaysia’s national oil company, had a presence in Iraq since 2010. In 2016, total two-way trade volume was estimated at US$1.5 billion.
Iraq’s main export to Malaysia is oil. The Arab country imports mainly medical related products and equipment, palm oil and electronic and electrical products from Malaysia.

Hassan also said the Iraqi Airways, the Middle Eastern country’s national carrier, was flying once a week from Baghdad to Kuala Lumpur since 2013, but since 2017, it had increased to twice weekly, which was a manifestation of the ever-growing people-to-people ties, thus the importance of reopening the Malaysian embassy.

Currently, there are some 3,500 Iraqi students in Malaysia. In 2016, some 24,000 Iraqis visited Malaysia and it rose to 30,000 last year, a fact which Hassan said reinforced the necessity for Malaysia to reopen its embassy. There are also about 300 Malaysians working in Iraq, mainly in the petroleum sector, related to Petronas’ activities in Iraq.

The diplomat pointed out that education ties between the two countries were growing as many Iraqis studied in Malaysia and the Iraqi Government had so far, recognised 12 Malaysian universities so far.
“The Iraqi students and parents will feel safer if they go through proper government channels, and for that, the presence of the Malaysian Embassy in Baghdad is very much needed,” he noted.

Hassan was confident that even a bigger number of Iraqi students would prefer to go to Malaysia to pursue higher education, once Malaysia had a diplomatic representation in Baghdad

https://www.malaysiakini.com/news/447888
GirlBye
GirlBye
VIP NewsHound
VIP NewsHound

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum