Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Celebrations as new Anglican school in Iraq opens next to St George’s Church in Baghdad I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Celebrations as new Anglican school in Iraq opens next to St George’s Church in Baghdad I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Celebrations as new Anglican school in Iraq opens next to St George’s Church in Baghdad I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Celebrations as new Anglican school in Iraq opens next to St George’s Church in Baghdad I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Celebrations as new Anglican school in Iraq opens next to St George’s Church in Baghdad I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Celebrations as new Anglican school in Iraq opens next to St George’s Church in Baghdad I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Celebrations as new Anglican school in Iraq opens next to St George’s Church in Baghdad I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Celebrations as new Anglican school in Iraq opens next to St George’s Church in Baghdad I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Celebrations as new Anglican school in Iraq opens next to St George’s Church in Baghdad I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Celebrations as new Anglican school in Iraq opens next to St George’s Church in Baghdad I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Celebrations as new Anglican school in Iraq opens next to St George’s Church in Baghdad I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Celebrations as new Anglican school in Iraq opens next to St George’s Church in Baghdad I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Celebrations as new Anglican school in Iraq opens next to St George’s Church in Baghdad I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Celebrations as new Anglican school in Iraq opens next to St George’s Church in Baghdad I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Celebrations as new Anglican school in Iraq opens next to St George’s Church in Baghdad I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Celebrations as new Anglican school in Iraq opens next to St George’s Church in Baghdad I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Celebrations as new Anglican school in Iraq opens next to St George’s Church in Baghdad I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Celebrations as new Anglican school in Iraq opens next to St George’s Church in Baghdad I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Celebrations as new Anglican school in Iraq opens next to St George’s Church in Baghdad I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Celebrations as new Anglican school in Iraq opens next to St George’s Church in Baghdad I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

Celebrations as new Anglican school in Iraq opens next to St George’s Church in Baghdad

Go down

Celebrations as new Anglican school in Iraq opens next to St George’s Church in Baghdad Empty Celebrations as new Anglican school in Iraq opens next to St George’s Church in Baghdad

Post by GirlBye Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:32 pm

Celebrations as new Anglican school in Iraq opens next to St George’s Church in Baghdad Cypgulf_primary-school-st-georges-baghdad-02_700x467
Bishop Michael and Father Faiz with dignitaries at the official opening of the new Anglican School of the Redeemer – al-Fadi – in Baghdad.

The head of the Chaldean Catholic Church, Cardinal-Patriarch Louis-Raphael I Sako, Patriarch of Babylon, joined other ecumenical guests and VIPs at the official opening of a new Anglican school in Baghdad. The Anglican School of the Redeemer – al-Fadi – was officially opened on Saturday (29 September) by the Bishop of Cyprus and the Gulf, Michael Lewis. The bishop also opened a newly re-sited and refurbished Hope Resource Centre.

The new school will enable St George’s Church in Baghdad to offer primary-level education to children after they have completed their time at the existing Redeemer Kindergarten. It has been planned for a number of years.

Like the Kindergarten, the Primary School will serve all the local community. Some 90 per cent of the Kindergarten’s 150 children are from Muslim families. “The parents greatly value the safe environment of learning, the subjects offered in the school, including simple things of behaviour and values”, the Anglican Chaplain in Baghdad, Father Faiz Jerjees, said in February 2017

“Children are able to relate what they learn in school to everyday life experience, and the parents are very happy to see the positive development of their children.”
Speaking earlier this year in a video by the NGO Stand With Iraqi Christians, Father Faiz said the school was focused on “not just language, not just to teach them Arabic or English; but we want to also [teach] them how to live together, how they can learn together, eat together and love each other. This is very important for the future in Iraq.

St George’s is the only Anglican church in Iraq. In addition to the kindergarten and school, the church runs a health clinic for its local community.
Celebrations as new Anglican school in Iraq opens next to St George’s Church in Baghdad Frrme_father-faiz-jerjees-st-georges-baghdad-redeemer-primary-school-construction_700x966
Before and after: The photo above shows Father Faiz Jerjees outside the Anglican School of the Reseemer – al-Fadi – during construction; while the photo below shows the completed building.
Photo above: Foundation for Relief and Reconciliation in the Middle East (FRRME)
Photo below: Diocese of Cyprus and the Gulf
Celebrations as new Anglican school in Iraq opens next to St George’s Church in Baghdad Cypgulf_primary-school-st-georges-baghdad-01_700x467

http://www.anglicannews.org/news/2018/10/celebrations-as-new-anglican-school-in-iraq-opens-next-to-st-georges-church-in-baghdad.aspx
GirlBye
GirlBye
VIP NewsHound
VIP NewsHound

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum