Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Volvo Halts Iran Truck Assembly Following US Sanctions I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Volvo Halts Iran Truck Assembly Following US Sanctions I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
Volvo Halts Iran Truck Assembly Following US Sanctions I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Volvo Halts Iran Truck Assembly Following US Sanctions I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Volvo Halts Iran Truck Assembly Following US Sanctions I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Volvo Halts Iran Truck Assembly Following US Sanctions I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Volvo Halts Iran Truck Assembly Following US Sanctions I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Volvo Halts Iran Truck Assembly Following US Sanctions I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Volvo Halts Iran Truck Assembly Following US Sanctions I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Volvo Halts Iran Truck Assembly Following US Sanctions I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Volvo Halts Iran Truck Assembly Following US Sanctions I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Volvo Halts Iran Truck Assembly Following US Sanctions I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Volvo Halts Iran Truck Assembly Following US Sanctions I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Volvo Halts Iran Truck Assembly Following US Sanctions I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Volvo Halts Iran Truck Assembly Following US Sanctions I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Volvo Halts Iran Truck Assembly Following US Sanctions I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Volvo Halts Iran Truck Assembly Following US Sanctions I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Volvo Halts Iran Truck Assembly Following US Sanctions I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
Volvo Halts Iran Truck Assembly Following US Sanctions I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
Volvo Halts Iran Truck Assembly Following US Sanctions I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

Volvo Halts Iran Truck Assembly Following US Sanctions

Go down

Volvo Halts Iran Truck Assembly Following US Sanctions Empty Volvo Halts Iran Truck Assembly Following US Sanctions

Post by GirlBye Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:49 pm

Volvo Halts Iran Truck Assembly Following US Sanctions Volvo-logo-2014-1920x1080

Swedish truck-maker Volvo has joined other companies withdrawing from Iran, six weeks after the second phase of US sanctions entered into force.

The company stopped assembling trucks in Iran because US sanctions are preventing it from being paid, a spokesman for the company said on Monday.

In August, US President Donald Trump reimposed sanctions against Iran after his decision to pull out of a nuclear deal with Tehran, which have forced companies across Europe to reconsider their investments there.

Volvo spokesman Fredrik Ivarsson said the trucks group could no longer get paid for any parts it shipped and had therefore decided not to operate in Iran in another blow to the country’s car industry, which unlike the energy and banking sectors, had managed to sign contracts with top European firms.

With all these sanctions and everything that the United States put... the bank system doesn’t work in Iran. We can’t get paid... So for now we don’t have any business (in Iran),” Ivarsson told Reuters.

Ivarsson said Volvo had no active orders in Iran as of Monday.

Before the sanctions were reimposed, Volvo had expressed an ambition for Iran to become its main export hub for the Gulf region and North Africa markets.

EU implemented a law to protect its companies, but the sanctions have deterred banks from doing business with Iranian firms as Washington can cut any that facilitate such transactions off from the US financial system.

Volvo was working with Saipa Diesel, part of Iran’s second-largest automaker SAIPA, which was assembling the Swedish firm’s heavy-duty trucks from kits shipped to Iran.

A commercial department manager at Saipa Diesel confirmed that sanctions had prompted Volvo to terminate their partnership agreement.

“They have decided that due to the sanction on Iran, from (May) they couldn’t cooperate with us. We had some renovation planned in Iran for a new plant but they refused to work with us,” said the manager, who declined to be identified.

More than 3,500 Volvo trucks had been assembled by Saipa Diesel in the year to May, but none had been assembled in this financial year although the original deal was for at least 5,000 trucks, explained the manager.

Meanwhile, Finnish mining technology company Outotec will pull out of Iran due to the new sanctions, a company spokeswoman said on Monday

Outotec builds plants, makes equipment and offers services for the metal and mineral processing industries. It has a long history in Iran and it remained in the market after the US imposed sanctions in 2010.

Its business started to normalise after the 2015 nuclear deal, helping Outotec to book orders from National Iranian Copper Industries Company (NICICO) and Iran International Engineering Company (IRITEC).

New sanctions on Iran have forced companies across Europe to reconsider their investments there.

“We comply with all existing sanctions. Our projects in Iran are already in their final phases ... and we aim to complete our projects before November 4,” asserted spokeswoman Eila Paatela.

Outotec has not disclosed the overall volume of its business in Iran but it said in May that the market did not represent a significant share of its global sales of about $1.41 billion.

The NICICO order is for two sulphuric acid plants for copper smelters with a value of around 50 million euros. The IRITEC order is for technology worth 45 million euros for an iron plant.

https://aawsat.com/english/home/article/1406556/volvo-halts-iran-truck-assembly-following-us-sanctions
GirlBye
GirlBye
VIP NewsHound
VIP NewsHound

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum